(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 309.
#851 2 years ago

So the SE will have a video mode without the interactive topper?

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So the SE will have a video mode without the interactive topper?

Scroll down to the Game Play section in the FAQ in the very first post. Look for this question:

“Is there a shootout video mode when the topper is not installed?”

Click on it.

Then you will know the answer to this frequently asked question.

#853 2 years ago

I was going to ask a question but I found my answer and sooo much more in FAQ’s
Actually I do have one question that isn’t answered in FAQ’s; what was the significance of the PINEAPPLE earlier in one of the CCr threads ?

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I was going to ask a question but I found my answer and sooo much more in FAQ’s
Actually I do have one question that isn’t answered in FAQ’s; what was the significance of the PINEAPPLE earlier in one of the CCr threads ?

You know, that is a good question. I thought briefly about adding it (because I didn’t understand it) but decided it’s irrelevant and silly.

It seems to have been intended to convey a negative context (think “butt-hurt”) related to a decision, in this case CGC doing (or not doing) something that most would consider painful and people being aggrieved about it. I don’t remember off the top of my head when it started but I think it was around the time of toppergate and whether the topper was going to be exclusive to the LE or not. It surprised me because a pineapple has always been a symbol for wisdom and secrets and receiving a pineapple is a gift that an opportunity is going to be presented to you soon; a symbol of favor that one needs to be ready to take advantage of. I’ve also heard that a pineapple represents paying attention and reading carefully as the pineapple has eyes all over and is a symbol of prosperity.

I may be way off here but I’m old school and love pineapple. I’m going to reject the negative interpretations and embrace the positive ones.

There is a very subtle hidden tribute to Lyman that has nothing to do with a pineapple. But you’ll need the eyes of a pineapple to find it and wisdom to understand it. I’ve been told what it is (and think it’s very respectful) but I’m not going to say before I actually see it.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Looks great ! And Ryan didn't do too bad we are all here waiting for a year for our games and they have a nice deposit lol
[quoted image]

I paid in full

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Ok. I see it mentioned, but what is this "upgrade kit"?
I didn't want to plunk down the extra for the SE+ and went with the SE (with upgraded CGC BG and shaker)... The topper sure as heck looks cool.
I think I'm going to kick myself for not opting for the SE+.

I did the exact same thing.
I guess I'm crazy for not caring about the topper or taking into account future resale before purchase of my SE. When I purchase a game it's because of the game's merits and the fact I just want to play the game. You're not going to kick yourself if you just want a great game with the option of new code down the line.
That seminar with Butch was excellent and CGC obviously made a great hire there.

#857 2 years ago

I had the opportunity to play the LE at TPF and made it my mission to play the topper mode. I found it to be really fun and terrifically implemented. The intro is very long, though necessary to the uninitiated. I’m not sure if the intro is skippable but that will be a necessity for home play.

I kinda wish the aiming marker would move faster the farther away a new enemy would appear. Sometimes it seemed like there was not enough time to pan the marker all the way from one side to the other before the bad guy would shoot me.

Also, I feel like it might be too hard to complete. One time I took out 18 bad guys and still earned a “You lost”. Maybe it is configurable in the settings.

Other observations:

The gun-metal armor is very cool with the matte finish and texture. Really unique. I love it.

I was able to play in a low light environment and the GI effects are very dynamic and dramatic. Too many moments to mention but one that stuck out was a sunset-like vibe during the Gun Fight sequence. I am so digging it!

CGC is really killing it!

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I just hope they still do something about those topper arms doing a full, unrealistic 360 movement.
I’m certain there’s a reason; timing, maybe better for the motors (?), but it would really be nice if they could just stop where our human arms usually would. They just look like chicken wings here
[quoted image]

The first time I saw the arms go all the way around I thought it was super cool!

Also, thanks for everyone posting about TPF, great to see everyone had a blast!

I listened to the CGC seminar, like everyone said, well done CGC! Thanks for making such great games!

Thanks,
Richard

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I had the opportunity to play the LE at TPF and made it my mission to play the topper mode. I found it to be really fun and terrifically implemented. The intro is very long, though necessary to the uninitiated. I’m not sure if the intro is skippable but that will be a necessity for home play.
I kinda wish the aiming marker would move faster the farther away a new enemy would appear. Sometimes it seemed like there was not enough time to pan the marker all the way from one side to the other before the bad guy would shoot me.
Also, I feel like it might be too hard to complete. One time I took out 18 bad guys and still earned a “You lost”. Maybe it is configurable in the settings.
Other observations:
The gun-metal armor is very cool with the matte finish and texture. Really unique. I love it.
I was able to play in a low light environment and the GI effects are very dynamic and dramatic. Too many moments to mention but one that stuck out was a sunset-like vibe during the Gun Fight sequence. I am so digging it!
CGC is really killing it!

Congrats on 18! I was happy when I got 5.

On the instructions being too long - I wonder if there is a time window where you can hit both flippers to cancel before the mode starts?

Agree 100% on the gun metal gray armor. Perfect.

#860 2 years ago

Here is a pic of Butch and I Friday morning. Had breakfast with Butch and then rolled into the hall to help him setup all the games for the show. If they weren’t all perfectly level feel free to blame me lol.

AC7185FF-5E88-48E2-A6E7-8E6DDAE1B357 (resized).jpegAC7185FF-5E88-48E2-A6E7-8E6DDAE1B357 (resized).jpeg
#861 2 years ago

Received the acrylic BG today, #19 of 150. Looking forward to the art blades. The only thing I need now is the machine.

#862 2 years ago

I'll say this....Butch is by far the best representative of CGC. His presentation was well organized, technical, very detailed, and informative. I'm sure Ryan has his talents, but public speaking is not one of them

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'll say this....Butch is by far the best representative of CGC. His presentation was well organized, technical, very detailed, and informative. I'm sure Ryan has his talents, but public speaking is not one of them

As an engineer I LOVED Butch’s presentation. Was awesome to see the technical reasons why they are doing what they are doing. I thought the transparency was fantastic.

#864 2 years ago

Keep your eyes out at Back Alley Creations... Get on the waiting list and follow them on Facebook. They will be doing a lot with this game.

https://backalleycreations.com/

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Here is a pic of Butch and I Friday morning. Had breakfast with Butch and then rolled into the hall to help him setup all the games for the show.

Did you offer to take it home with you so they could save space on the truck?

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you offer to take it home with you so they could save space on the truck?

I did! But we figured it wouldn’t fit in my carry on!

#867 2 years ago

If anyone has it or can get it, I'm looking for the manufacturer and exact color code for the LE PC. I know it's listed as "Gun Metal Gray" in the FAQ but I'm looking for more exact then that so the additional work I have done will be sure to match.

TIA

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If anyone has it or can get it, I'm looking for the manufacturer and exact color code for the LE PC. I know it's listed as "Gun Metal Gray" in the FAQ but I'm looking for more exact then that so the additional work I have done will be sure to match.
TIA

Trying to pass off an SE for an LE???

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Received the acrylic BG today, #19 of 150. Looking forward to the art blades. The only thing I need now is the machine.

Just installed 17 of 150 in my machine. Looks great.

7524B1F9-C6AF-4287-B1DA-D505719F7180 (resized).jpeg7524B1F9-C6AF-4287-B1DA-D505719F7180 (resized).jpeg
#870 2 years ago

From FAQ "So when will I get my game?
Contact your distributor or dealer for details. Most delivery dates are set within two weeks of final invoice payment.
The time frame will also depend on the model ordered and how quickly CGC can produce games."

But what do we do when CGC does not give the distributor any details of when to expect there allotment of even SE's? or have you confirmed a release schedule per week/month/or quarter has been given to them?
Has CGC said currently how many SE's are manufactured a week, how many are warehoused waiting for cardboard?

Sorry if I missed the answers, but was any shipment info given at TPF?

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

[quoted image]

Nice any chance of a full machine pic?

#872 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice, number 1 of 150 here. Now I just have to wait on my machine to get in.

29EA3933-ABC1-485C-AA66-42C2D2F1CAE5 (resized).jpeg29EA3933-ABC1-485C-AA66-42C2D2F1CAE5 (resized).jpeg
#873 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

But what do we do when CGC does not give the distributor any details of when to expect there allotment of even SE's? or have you confirmed a release schedule per week/month/or quarter has been given to them?
Has CGC said currently how many SE's are manufactured a week, how many are warehoused waiting for cardboard?

Nope - just sit on your hands

Good news is historically once CGC starts getting games out the door they were pretty good in numbers. So really until your distro gets a heads up to pay for his games, you really have no firm estimates...

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Trying to pass off an SE for an LE???

Nope, I secured an LE very early on. I do however hate black coin doors when the rest is PC'd... and the shooter housing looks chrome. My OCD can't handle that.

#875 2 years ago

Does the CC logo go under the trim on the top? Looks like its a bit to high

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Here is a pic of Butch and I Friday morning. Had breakfast with Butch and then rolled into the hall to help him setup all the games for the show. If they weren’t all perfectly level feel free to blame me lol.
[quoted image]

The chrome shooter housing needs powder coating to match trim .... I hope CGC does this in the final run

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The chrome shooter housing needs powder coating to match trim .... I hope CGC does this in the final run

From the image, it does look like that would be the current plan

74693b223cc3706f9f4fd2cf5a7f7ac84a59b2c9 (resized).jpg74693b223cc3706f9f4fd2cf5a7f7ac84a59b2c9 (resized).jpg
#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Nope, I secured an LE very early on. I do however hate black coin doors when the rest is PC'd... and the shooter housing looks chrome. My OCD can't handle that.

Agree about the coin door. They should have continued what they started with the Royal edition and PC all the metal. However on their website the LE shooter housing is powdercoated. Not sure if that's a mistake or maybe something they forgot with the sample game they brought to the show?

EDIT: The-Hum beat me to it with the picture attached too!

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

From the image, it does look like that would be the current plan
[quoted image]

Let's hope.....be nice if they powder coated the door as well!

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Let's hope.....be nice if they powder coated the door as well!

I wish they did it on my MBLE. It would have popped even more.

#881 2 years ago

Sorry if I missed the answers, but was any shipment info given at TPF?

If your dealer doesn’t have any info yet CGC doesn’t have info to give them yet. Dealers are notified as allocations are made.

CGC has not/does not release production numbers.

I don’t know if the cardboard situation has been completely resolved but they did use a workaround to get games out.

There was no time left for questions at the end of the CGC presentation and nothing about shipments was mentioned during the hour.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It’s my understanding that the housing is; the coin door is not. I will try to confirm.

#883 2 years ago

Nice any chance of a full machine pic?

Yes the very tip of the C is under the trim piece. The light tub behind it also does prevent lighting the edge of the art work as well. The art work on the acrylic does go right to the edge so it’s unavoidable. It doesn’t really bother me. I think it still looks amazing.

19655455-5C59-469A-854A-30DD89338F39 (resized).jpeg19655455-5C59-469A-854A-30DD89338F39 (resized).jpegE649E3B9-FFE4-408F-A3BA-1C9FE8DF4694 (resized).jpegE649E3B9-FFE4-408F-A3BA-1C9FE8DF4694 (resized).jpeg
#884 2 years ago

The trim piece is shorter than the seating surface of the light tub. You would be in the same boat with the translite I think.

83C1259D-2417-4B81-870C-2538762C9C75 (resized).jpeg83C1259D-2417-4B81-870C-2538762C9C75 (resized).jpeg
#885 2 years ago

The game has played almost flawlessly so far. I’ve only experienced a stuck closed switch on the beer mug shot. Pulled the switch and just bent it with my finger away a little bit. Playing perfect ever since. What’s a respectable beer mug shot champion score anyway? My wife has 221. I had 64 before she over took me. She crushes me on this game. This is the only game I’m not the GC on. She has 142 mill. My best is 137 mill.

#886 2 years ago

The game has played almost flawlessly so far. I’ve only experienced a stuck closed switch on the beer mug shot. Pulled the switch and just bent it with my finger away a little bit. Playing perfect ever since. What’s a respectable beer mug shot champion score anyway? My wife has 221. I had 64 before she over took me. She crushes me on this game. This is the only game I’m not the GC on. She has 142 mill. My best is 137 mill.

Wow! Game looks great!
Thanks for the pics man!

#887 2 years ago

We took delivery of our SE today and even with all the build up online I’m still blown away by the game. It’s so solid and tight yet has that classic Bally/Williams feel - it’s evident CGC put in a lot of time getting things right. The lighting effects in videos looks a bit overpowering, but when you play the game it’s very different - it simply works. It’s almost like a light show at a concert keeping the beat, you notice it at first but after a few minutes it’s part of the experience and the music would feel lacking without it. The shootout video mode in the SE is okay (as others here have said it was designed for the topper model games), the clarity of the bad guys is poor so you’re guessing who to shoot. But that would be my only critique of the game. CGC builds a top quality game at a very competitive price point. Can’t wait to see their future titles.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

[quoted image]

Still miss Butch's work on the JJP manuals. jjGnR manual will probably never be finished. CGC made a great hire with him. No idea what JJP was thinking.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I can keep your godzilla company if you want a CCr to play

Done with CCr after only 3 weeks huh?

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still miss Butch's work on the JJP manuals. jjGnR manual will probably never be finished. CGC made a great hire with him. No idea what JJP was thinking.

Totally agree.
I have the JJP manuals for my POTC & WOZ. They are both a work of art.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Agreed. He seems very happy at CGC. His attention to detail is apparent and it seems CGC appreciates that.

#892 2 years ago

Some of the moves that JJP has made lately just leave me scratching my head. Letting LTG go was a BIG mistake.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Some of the moves that JJP has made lately just leave me scratching my head. Letting LTG go was a BIG mistake.

Shit playfields and shit support for a premium price! Anyways, back to the glorious Cactus Canyon thread. Wish I could get one!

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Letting LTG go was a BIG mistake.

Do believe that he was an unpaid staffer, which makes it even more insulting.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Done with CCr after only 3 weeks huh?

I really enjoy it. I just got a bad hankering for Godzilla after playing it last week a few times. I figure CCr has to be pretty good trade bait since so few are on the streets. I also listed my LZ. Only really planning on moving one if a Godzilla pops up.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Agree. Younger talent at Stern. Games play better.
If only the build quality was better and better BOM… sigh

#897 2 years ago

For those that missed out on the Limited Edition 13x19" art print from Flyland Designs, he now has a black & white version available. Also limited to 100:

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-bw/

Edit: Looks like these are limited to 20, not 100. Must be a typo on their website.

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For those that missed out on the Limited Edition 13x19" art print from Flyland Designs, he now has a black & white version available. Also limited to 100:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/cactus-canyon-13x19-bw/

I think it is limited to 20. "Cactus Canyon 13″x19″ full-bleed Art Prints. Black and White Line Art Edition
Limited to only 20, signed and numbered by the artist."

I think the 100 is a mistake because it also mentions metalic sheen

#899 2 years ago

For those that have asked - CGC preferred I not post a PDF of the existing manual which is why it isn’t in the FAQ.

We will see some nice additions to the upcoming revised CCr manual because of what Butch is doing but it’s not the full treatment- that will return for the next CGC game. I will post both a PDF and the online versions in the FAQ when available.

I don’t know when those will be available. I would hope by the time the LEs start shipping but the cynic in me says maybe not until the upgrade kit is announced so the manual doesn’t inadvertently reveal any secrets (I suspect there is an error in the existing manual related to where I think the new hardware will connect).

#900 2 years ago

I think it is limited to 20. "Cactus Canyon 13″x19″ full-bleed Art Prints. Black and White Line Art Edition
Limited to only 20, signed and numbered by the artist."
I think the 100 is a mistake because it also mentions metalic sheen

Good catch - I think you are correct. It also mentions "inks" (plural) which seems to be a carryover.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.