(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,448 posts
  • 758 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by c_mario
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 309.
#8901 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think they misunderstood your question. You can't have 4 pins being actively played at the same time with 1 sub. You can hook up 4 pins, but only 1 can be played at a time. A single sub can't play 4 different audio sources simultaneously.

You can have one sub play audio from up to 5 pins at once. The system has level controls for each pin and mixes them all to the one speaker.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#8902 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

In support of the many depressed Cactus Canyonites that are patiently waiting for their game to arrive, can news strictly regarding game arrival in "We’re moving to Cactus Canyon! Official Preorder thread"

An owner’s thread is typically used for documenting game arrivals by owners. The thread you referenced is the precursor to this one.

As someone who is also patiently waiting, I love seeing others get their games and sharing early experiences with us.

#8903 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You can have one sub play audio from up to 5 pins at once. The system has level controls for each pin and mixes them all to the one speaker.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

No where does that say all 5 can be played simultaneously. It simply says 5 can be hooked to 1 sub, and each has separate level controls. How can 5 separate audio tracks be played simultaneously through 1 speaker? It would be a giant muddy mess.

#8904 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

As someone who is also patiently waiting, I love seeing others get their games and sharing early experiences with us.

problematic-stressed.gifproblematic-stressed.gif
#8905 1 year ago

No where does that say all 5 can be played simultaneously. It simply says 5 can be hooked to 1 sub, and each has separate level controls. How can 5 separate audio tracks be played simultaneously through 1 speaker? It would be a giant muddy mess.

I have it on 3 and it sounds fine when they are played at once. The system is designed to work that way, believe it or not.

#8906 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I have it on 3 and it sounds fine when they are played at once. The system is designed to work that way, believe it or not.

I don't understand how that works. If all 3 of your pins are outputting 3 different bass notes at 3 different frequencies simultaneously, what does the mixer/speaker do?

#8907 1 year ago

Adding a sub is an essential mod in my personal opinion (especially on Stern). I am currently mixing 5 pins through a RSL speedwoofer; I very quickly moved beyond the passive mixing device mentioned in this thread; an active mixer is definitely the way to go. I spent a reasonable amount of time researching passive vs. active mixers and an active mixer has made me much much happier (it's also cheaper!).

mixer (resized).pngmixer (resized).png
#8908 1 year ago

I don't understand how that works. If all 3 of your pins are outputting 3 different bass notes at 3 different frequencies simultaneously, what does the mixer/speaker do?

Same as any speaker when playing music that has been mixed in the studio...

#8909 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Same as any speaker when playing music that has been mixed in the studio...

Not the same thing. That's multiple tracks that have been mixed intentionally to go together. Then the final product is played as 1 "song" through a speaker. Imagine playing 3 different songs not meant to go together simultaneously through 1 speaker. That's what we're dealing with. Anyway, I don't get it. I put in an email to Pinnovators to clarify. Perhaps I'm wrong.

#8910 1 year ago

Not the same thing. That's multiple tracks that have been mixed intentionally to go together. Then the final product is played as 1 "song" through a speaker. Imagine playing 3 different songs not meant to go together simultaneously through 1 speaker. That's what we're dealing with. Anyway, I don't get it. I put in an email to Pinnovators to clarify. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Sorry, but it is the same thing.

#8911 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Sorry, but it is the same thing.

Nope

Screenshot_20230111_154147_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_154147_Email (resized).jpg
#8912 1 year ago

Nope
[quoted image]

LMAO at ppl like this. You are arguing your point based on your opinion. Folks here are TELLING you that it works. I also am telling you that it works as I have the same setup. The sound coming from 1 is no more muddled than coming from 2 different subs. It just gets insanely loud and hard to hear everything but not because it’s on 1 sub.

Oh and it shakes the whole damn house but that’s because I use BIG subs, not the Polk.

#8913 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Has anyone ever lost their key to the coin door? I thought I had lost the keys to my CC this week, but ended up finding them. It got me thinking, what happens if they are lost. Can CGC send replacements or do you just have to get a new lock?

Take it off and replace with a thumb lock. Unless there's a reason to keep it locked

#8914 1 year ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html
Local hardware or RV will have them as well

#8915 1 year ago

Nope
[quoted image]

I don't have all five machines on the same sub going simultaneously very often, but when I do it's no more "muddled" then when I didn't have the sub...that is my experience with it. Cactus Canyon sounds amazing hooked to the sub, especially when the ball activates the pop bumpers.

#8916 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I don't have all five machines on the same sub going simultaneously very often, but when I do it's no more "muddled" then when I didn't have the sub...that is my experience with it. Cactus Canyon sounds amazing hooked to the sub, especially when the ball activates the pop bumpers.

Gotcha. And that's all I was trying to wrap my head around. Some people saying you can connect multiple sources to 1 sub without any distortion didn't compute with me. And according to pinnovators themselves (not my opinion), I was correct. I completely understand that the distortion is no worse than multiple subs playing at the same time. Therefore, their product saves money and hassle. Im glad to get some clarification on how it works.

#8917 1 year ago

Nope
[quoted image]

Of course, playing one audio source at a time will sound best, but the method of mixing audio waves using a device designed for audio mixing will MIX the sources, the resulting sound wave will be played by the speaker. Some care needs to be taken such that proper filtering is being done for the type of speaker being used. Usually subs have a built-in crossover to cut-off any high-frequency components. Other issues that may occur are constructive or destructive interference between two different audio sources, but I haven't really encountered that problem with the system that I'm running. Overall, it sounds great. Really not trying to start any argument here, just trying to be helpful.

Now, all this being said, I fully expect the CGC sound to be much better that what comes stock with a Stern machine. In all my Sterns I completely bypass the on-board audio amplifier in favor of a stereo amplifier for the backbox and a mono amplifier for the cabinet speaker and an actively mixed external subwoofer.

#8918 1 year ago

Gotcha. And that's all I was trying to wrap my head around. Some people saying you can connect multiple sources to 1 sub without any distortion didn't compute with me. And according to pinnovators themselves (not my opinion), I was correct. I completely understand that the distortion is no worse than multiple subs playing at the same time. Therefore, their product saves money and hassle. Im glad to get some clarification on how it works.

BTW, CoolCatPinball I was just in Knoxville playing at Token, cool place, you know it? My bro lives in the Knoxville area.

#8919 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

BTW, CoolCatPinball I was just in Knoxville playing at Token, cool place, you know it? My bro lives in the Knoxville area.

I was there last night! Lol. Free play pinball after 6pm on Tuesdays I live about 5 miles from Token. Hit me up next time you're in town. What's your brother's name?

#8920 1 year ago

I was there last night! Lol. Free play pinball after 6pm on Tuesdays I live about 5 miles from Token. Hit me up next time you're in town. What's your brother's name?

Nice! Kyle is his name, he is usually there for the free-play nights. Go easy on him, he's still learning, haha.

#8921 1 year ago

Sorry for bogging down the thread everyone. Back to Cactus Canyon.

#8922 1 year ago

Everybody #2208 SEplus has landed in my garage. I am going to go pick a fight with a outlaw now.

#8923 1 year ago

Reposting because it might have become buried with troubleshooting posts....

In support of the many depressed Cactus Canyonites that are patiently waiting for their game to arrive, can news strictly regarding game arrival or news about CHC production be posted in "We’re moving to Cactus Canyon! Official Preorder thread" By jfh (1 year ago)- Last post 11 days ago? While I am grateful you guys are identifying and correcting issues I might encounter, I really just want to hear about deliveries and production news. Anything else is just depressing. What do you think? You guys have arrived in Cactus Canyon. We are still waiting for boxes to be unpacked. LOL

#8924 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Adding a sub is an essential mod in my personal opinion (especially on Stern). I am currently mixing 5 pins through a RSL speedwoofer; I very quickly moved beyond the passive mixing device mentioned in this thread; an active mixer is definitely the way to go. I spent a reasonable amount of time researching passive vs. active mixers and an active mixer has made me much much happier (it's also cheaper!).[quoted image]

Are you running speaker signal from game's bottom cabinet speaker to 1/4" male plug on mixer and a 1/4" male from mixer output to input ports on sub?

#8925 1 year ago

The manual states that the Bounty Award may be lit by the Lasso Skill Shot (page A). Which skill shot is that? It's not on the skill shot list on the same page.

#8926 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

The manual states that the Bounty Award may be lit by the Lasso Skill Shot (page A). Which skill shot is that? It's not on the skill shot list on the same page.

Ah, probably the "Light Bounty Award" skill shot. Never mind!

#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Are you running speaker signal from game's bottom cabinet speaker to 1/4" male plug on mixer and a 1/4" male from mixer output to input ports on sub?

Don't have my CCr yet, so this applies only to my Stern games (don't mean to hijack the thread); I connect from the line-level header in the backbox (CN5, I think, this is before the amplifier chips), to the input of the mixer then mixer output to the sub (the sub is amplified).

Now the question for the CGC owners and/or electrical schematic readers (I haven't seen any electrical schematics yet)...is there a line-level header that we audio modders can tap into before the amplifier chips on the CGC board-sets? If such a header exists, then monitoring this output voltage level could help identify a low line-level signal that has been speculated to cause some of the low and muffled audio levels on some games (a good place to start looking anyway for games that suffer this condition).

#8928 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Don't have my CCr yet, so this applies only to my Stern games (don't mean to hijack the thread); I connect from the line-level header in the backbox (CN5, I think, this is before the amplifier chips), to the input of the mixer then mixer output to the sub (the sub is amplified).
Now the question for the CGC owners and/or electrical schematic readers (I haven't seen any electrical schematics yet)...is there a line-level header that we audio modders can tap into before the amplifier chips on the CGC board-sets? If such a header exists, then monitoring this output voltage level could help identify a low line-level signal that has been speculated to cause some of the low and muffled audio levels on some games (a good place to start looking anyway for games that suffer this condition).

If the board is the same as the other remakes then yes. I’ve hooked up a headphone station to it on my MMr.

#8929 1 year ago

I'm officially in the club with LE #113. Which was built on January 2nd, 2023.

It's been a pretty painless new game. I've only had a few games on it so far. The topper seems to be missing on of the plastic led shields and a few screws and the beer target needs to be looked at as it's not registering a lot of hard hits and doesn't really jump. I also didn't particularly like the print quality of the translate. Characters looked pretty pixelated, but I had planned on changing it out for Brian's artwork anyway as I think it matches the game better.

All in all, very minor stuff. This is my first CGC game and I'm liking it so far. I do have to get used to the flipper feel a bit more as they feel a little foreign to me.

Edit: The beer issue was caused by the cliffy style ramp protector rubbing on the beer mug causing it to lock up. Tightening the yellow post moved the hole up a little and fixed the issue. Though after it moved it was getting stuck up. I added a plastic washer as the rubber was getting caught on the switch mount.
20230111_210345 (resized).jpg20230111_210345 (resized).jpg

#8930 1 year ago

Did CGC announce what ratio of SE+ they will make along with the LE’s?

#8931 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

No.

#8932 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's been a pretty painless new game so far. I've only had a few games on it so far. The topper seems to be missing on of the plastic led shields and a few screws and the beer target needs to be looked at as it's not registering a lot of hard hits and the beer mug doesn't really jump. I also didn't particularly like the print quality of the translate. Characters looked pretty pixelated, but I had planned on changing it out for Brian's artwork anyway as I think it matches the game better.
All in all, very minor stuff. This is my first CGC game and I'm liking it so far. I do have to get used to the flipper feel a bit more as they feel a little foreign to me.
[quoted image]

Shelti or tornado foosball table?

#8933 1 year ago

Thanks. Not surprised
Glad to see games rolling out

#8934 1 year ago

I do have to get used to the flipper feel a bit more as they feel a little foreign to me.

You know...they are adjustable...

Just sayin'...

#8935 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Shelti or tornado foosball table?

It's a Tornado.

Though I have to give it some love. The playfield has lifted on a couple spots so it is not completely flat. Which drives me a little nuts. So I think I need to lift it all and reglue it. Which I'm not looking forward to.

#8936 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You know...they are adjustable...
Just sayin'...

I don't think it's just the power, I can make the ramps with plenty of power to spare.

I've been playing a lot of Stern's JP and those flippers are angled slightly steeper and are extremely snappy. When I start dialing those shots in it makes all the shot timings and angles feel off on other games.

I think it is a 'me' problem and not the games, but need to play more to make sure.

Edit: Played a few more games. I'm starting to think the EOS switch is setup a little odd and is triggering a little early.

With this, I'm finding live catches really easy on my game and some of my on the fly shots have almost no juice. At some point I'll compare it against one of my Williams games.

I'm also getting a little flipper hop of the left flipper which I imagine is really messing up my accuracy on that flipper. I know how to address this with screw in guide rails but not sure how to fix this with these wire guide rails though. I know low profile titans are a thing, I just don't like the feel of Titan rubbers.

#8937 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

If you are talking about order of production mix, no. Originally the plan was to run all LEs and then the SE+s but that quietly changed (not sure why/when). It’s relatively easy to switch between models on the production line because there are only a few different SKUs so it doesn’t take much time (and theoretically they can do both at the same time).

If you are talking total numbers of SE+ games - the original allocations were the same as the number of LEs (1250) but no limit was announced. However if the poll numbers can be extrapolated to the entire demand for SE+ it seems unlikely they’ll make that many or that the topper was as desirable as toppergate seemed to imply.

#8938 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you are talking about order of production mix, no. Originally the plan was to run all LEs and then the SE+s but that quietly changed (not sure why/when). It’s relatively easy to switch between models on the production line because there are only a few different SKUs so it doesn’t take much time (and theoretically they can do both at the same time).
If you are talking total numbers of SE+ games - the original allocations were the same as the number of LEs (1250) but no limit was announced. However if the poll numbers can be extrapolated to the entire demand for SE+ it seems unlikely they’ll make that many or that the topper was as desirable as toppergate seemed to imply.

Yes I agree, toppergate was a fizz.
No one is missing out by purchasing an SE. The game is under the glass

#8939 1 year ago

I've been playing a lot of Stern's JP and those flippers are angled slightly steeper and are extremely snappy.

Out of the box, my SE had the flippers angled way too high. Once I aligned them with the guide rails it made the shots a lot more intuitive.

I still have a little hop when the ball rolls down slowly, but usually not when the ball rolls down either ramp into the inlane.

#8940 1 year ago

Did this flipper hop thing just appear in later builds? I have an April build and with factory rubber it is smooth as can be rolling to the flipper.

#8941 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Did this flipper hop thing just appear in later builds? I have an April build and with factory rubber it is smooth as can be rolling to the flipper.

me as well..earlier build, like yours..and hardly any ball hop at all, unless I do a machine gun approach (I call it sword-fighting), trying to get the gold mine or something..not any more hop than any of my other machines..

#8942 1 year ago

I have no flipper hop on #107 built 12/29

#8943 1 year ago

It's been a pretty painless new game. I've only had a few games on it so far. The topper seems to be missing on of the plastic led shields and a few screws and the beer target needs to be looked at as it's not registering a lot of hard hits and doesn't really jump. I also didn't particularly like the print quality of the translate. Characters looked pretty pixelated, but I had planned on changing it out for Brian's artwork anyway as I think it matches the game better.
Edit: The beer issue was caused by the cliffy style ramp protector rubbing on the beer mug causing it to lock up. Tightening the yellow post moved the hole up a little and fixed the issue. Though after it moved it was getting stuck up. I added a plastic washer as the rubber was getting caught on the switch mount.
[quoted image]

Curious to hear what you find is the issue with your beer mug. Mine arrived with the switch stuck closed. I’m wondering if the rod is slightly bent as it does not move smoothly up and down. Definitely some binding going on.

#8944 1 year ago

I don't think it's just the power, I can make the ramps with plenty of power to spare.
I've been playing a lot of Stern's JP and those flippers are angled slightly steeper and are extremely snappy. When I start dialing those shots in it makes all the shot timings and angles feel off on other games.
I think it is a 'me' problem and not the games, but need to play more to make sure.
Edit: Played a few more games. I'm starting to think the EOS switch is setup a little odd and is triggering a little early.
With this, I'm finding live catches really easy on my game and some of my on the fly shots have almost no juice. At some point I'll compare it against one of my Williams games.
I'm also getting a little flipper hop of the left flipper which I imagine is really messing up my accuracy on that flipper. I know how to address this with screw in guide rails but not sure how to fix this with these wire guide rails though. I know low profile titans are a thing, I just don't like the feel of Titan rubbers.

For those with troublesome flipper hop, I would love to see a photo of the position of the flipper bushing in the hole.

#8945 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

For those with troublesome flipper hop, I would love to see a photo of the position of the flipper bushing in the hole.

I’ve heard switching to a low bounce (not as thick) from Titan helps. That’s my next step.

#8946 1 year ago

Time to choose! Shout out to DaddyManD for recommending ordering sample swatches from https://www.prismaticpowders.com/ Lots of texture differences and you can hold them up to the game with the lighting in your room.

8C107B62-7CC6-4F4D-8532-92C68C4B8D4A (resized).jpeg8C107B62-7CC6-4F4D-8532-92C68C4B8D4A (resized).jpeg

#8947 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

So maybe the SE+ will wind up being the real limited edition. Maybe worth $20k if CGC only sells 500 or fewer of them.

#8948 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

So maybe the SE+ will wind up being the real limited edition. Maybe worth $20k if CGC only sells 500 or fewer of them.

Better grab the LE for $12,500 now (for those who missed out at announcement)

#8949 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

So maybe the SE+ will wind up being the real limited edition.

SE+ will probably have the lowest production for sure.

#8950 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Nice to see more Tool fans in here <3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,800 (Firm)
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
There are 15,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.