(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 309.
#10601 1 year ago

But my distributor got a cactus canyon LE when he picked up my SE it's for sale,Bob Butch's game garage tell him I sent you

#10602 1 year ago

I love getting texts like this!!

Screenshot_20230308_150709_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230308_150709_Messages (resized).jpg
#10603 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Awesome!

Do you know what number you are getting?

#10604 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Awesome!
Do you know what number you are getting?

Didn't ask, I know he got 4 tho. Last time I specifically picked a number I had issues. Now I just grab closest one

#10605 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Didn't ask, I know he got 4 tho. Last time I specifically picked a number I had issues. Now I just grab closest one

Fair enough!

#10606 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="#7450366"
I’ve never seen leg bolt edges shear off so easily. Never ever. Not sure what happened with these.

I'm guessing you were using a 12 pt socket. The bolts start with not-so-sharp points on the hex head... Best to use a 6 pt socket.

#10607 1 year ago

Setting up "300" tonight and when installing the topper I found a wire had pulled out of the connectors. I have the tool to remove the pin, new pins and a good crimper. Hard to do this without the right tools. Might check this on yours.

B7F7DA66-8B96-4EC0-B6BD-0E7B29631593 (resized).jpegB7F7DA66-8B96-4EC0-B6BD-0E7B29631593 (resized).jpeg
#10608 1 year ago
Quoted from swilson143:

<blockquote cite="#7450366"
I’ve never seen leg bolt edges shear off so easily. Never ever. Not sure what happened with these.
I'm guessing you were using a 12 pt socket. The bolts start with not-so-sharp points on the hex head... Best to use a 6 pt socket.

Standard Pinwrench (ratcheting 5/8 and 9/16). Have never seen this occur on any bolt over the past nine years.

Lot of bolts. Lotta lot lot.

#10609 1 year ago

Has there been any word on when this new code is supposed to be released…. Now that LE’s are shipping on the regular I’m hoping we will see that coming. Maybe Texas?

#10610 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has there been any word on when this new code is supposed to be released…. Now that LE’s are shipping on the regular I’m hoping we will see that coming. Maybe Texas?

My bet: it’s a year or two away. Based on nothing but precedence.

#10611 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

It’s more than software. It’s an upgrade kit. People would lose their minds if CGC was building upgrade kits instead of the backlog of games buyers have been waiting for well over a year.

#10612 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I cannot wait. Hoping we get some more teasers sooner rather than later, especially if the timeline on this is going to be extended.

#10613 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I cannot wait.

Better settle in ..... going to be a loooooooooooooooooong time coming !

#10614 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I cannot wait. Hoping we get some more teasers sooner rather than later, especially if the timeline on this is going to be extended.

More information escapes a black hole than CGC so prepare to be disappointed.

#10615 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Quoted from jackd104:

My bet: it’s a year or two away. Based on nothing but precedence.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s more than software. It’s an upgrade kit. People would lose their minds if CGC was building upgrade kits instead of the backlog of games buyers have been waiting for well over a year.

Not at TPF. But not two years away either.

There originally was an outside chance it would have been ready late 22/early this year but that was before the production delays. I don’t see CGC teasing it or announcing it until the hardware component is produced in sufficient quantities (may already be done) and they are ready to ship.

Still don’t know what additional software resource is required but I think we see it in 2H23 and agree we won’t see it before the LEs/SE+ are finished. From what I know it’s awesome, clever (saloon doors that aren’t saloon doors), likely a must have for the vast majority of owners and definitely for fans of Lyman.

Josh has put a lot of effort ensuring that their original vision is realized and I’m confident CGC is commited to making it happen no matter how long it takes. Until then the CGC completed original code we have now is quite a step up from the original code.

#10616 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Same!! I buy most of my games from Jordan. #349

#10617 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Same!! I buy most of my games from Jordan. #349

Did you already pick up? I'm 225 Mile's each way, with snow every day predicted in Ellensburg, but headin that way tmrw anyways. Wonder if his #s are sequential or random,,

#10618 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did you already pick up? I'm 225 Mile's each way, with snow every day predicted in Ellensburg, but headin that way tmrw anyways.

Not yet, I plan on rolling through on Saturday. Ellensburg is a hike in the snow for sure, but it will be worth it! Not sure about his number sequence, I do know one of them has a lower number as it's someone that has matching CGC remake #'s

#10619 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Not yet, I plan on rolling through on Saturday. Ellensburg is a hike in the snow for sure, but it will be worth it! Not sure about his number sequence, I do know one of them has a lower number as it's someone that has matching CGC remake #'s

I dont mine driving in snow, but I have to pull a 16' enclosed trailer, because I'm trading in a game and can't risk it getting wet. Gonna suck getting 8 mpg, but, Friday night I'll be up and playing!!

#10620 1 year ago

Sounds great not sure I’ll be in with the port communication.

#10621 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Sounds great not sure I’ll be in with the port communication.

Well now we know why they cant deliver CCR's ... busy on other projects !

"coming soon" 2028

CGC …don't forget to get electronic approval for those wishing to buy outside USA

#10622 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I thought I just saw a teaser for Pulp Fiction. What is that? more than an upgrade kit its a new game. Unless I misread it.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/raw-thrills-chicago-gaming-company-tease-new-pulp-fiction-pinball-machine
Seems like biting of more than you can chew IMHO. And we continue to swallow it.

#10623 1 year ago

Seems like biting of more than you can chew IMHO. And we continue to swallow it.

#10624 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

It’s not a PPS license…wondering if it’s being built somewhere else related to raw thrills.

#10625 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

It’s not a PPS license…wondering if it’s being built somewhere else related to raw thrills.

I'd guess that Raw Thrills is doing the design and software and CGC is building the games?

#10626 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I'd guess that Raw Thrills is doing the design and software and CGC is building the games?

CGC can’t build their own games LOL

#10627 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Mark Ritchie did the design - my guess is Raw Thrills doing the software and CGC doing the engineering/builds.

#10628 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

cant up vote this post enough !

#10629 1 year ago

I might buy a Pulp Fiction in 3 years. That's when CGC will actually produce the first one, and then they will sell it to a flipper for resale. Fool me once. . .

#10630 1 year ago

I just received my CCr LE number plate from pinballjah. Here's his original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/183#post-7355273

And here are the before and after photos of it installed on my machine. Much easier to read than the original and the guns turned out great. Very happy with the result.

IMG_1898 (resized).JPEGIMG_1898 (resized).JPEGIMG_1899 (resized).JPEGIMG_1899 (resized).JPEG
#10631 1 year ago

10/30/21 order date on the SE+. Some 16+ months ago and still in limbo and still waiting. No one wants to talk about it. I post a comment about the wait for CC on my distributors Facebook page today when he advertised the new Pulp Fiction and he deleted them. Sensitive Subject I guess

#10632 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

10/30/21 order date on the SE+. Some 16+ months ago and still in limbo and still waiting. No one wants to talk about it. I post a comment about the wait for CC on my distributors Facebook page today when he advertised the new Pulp Fiction and he deleted them. Sensitive Subject I guess

So you think you’re the only one, should every one of us post how long we’ve had our deposits in, I’m sure that will help.

#10633 1 year ago

Received #329 from PPS today and got it all set up! As others have said the build quality is awesome! The only thing I had to do was remove one of the black tabs on the lockdown bar to get it on much easier.

2D626977-8078-4009-B42A-2891D6616882 (resized).jpeg2D626977-8078-4009-B42A-2891D6616882 (resized).jpeg3F313E55-B8F7-4D55-B90D-6FC516451DBB (resized).jpeg3F313E55-B8F7-4D55-B90D-6FC516451DBB (resized).jpeg
#10634 1 year ago
Quoted from darquayle:

I just received my CCr LE number plate from pinballjah. Here's his original post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/183#post-7355273
And here are the before and after photos of it installed on my machine. Much easier to read than the original and the guns turned out great. Very happy with the result.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll be ordering tomorrow!!. Unless we get the 6" of snow forecast

#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll be ordering tomorrow!!. Unless we get the 6" of snow forecast

Well I do not have snow in Sunny Arizona. I just don't have my game yet.
Curious what the resiliency is on the colored pistols. Is that ink or engraved?
Looks real nice. My son is a jeweler and I have a few ideas. We'll see.

#10636 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I get it’s a bit ironic…

#10637 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Well now we know why they cant deliver CCR's ... busy on other projects

I probably shouldn’t bother responding to such a bastion of positivity but …

CGC has 5 projects in progress. Not everything is single threaded. That said I’m pretty sure resources were diverted from PF to CCr (including software team resources for the CCr upgrade) to the extent that Pulp Fiction, planned to be announced last year (fall?) was delayed. So you have it backwards - some projects are being delayed to help CCr, not the other way around.

#10638 1 year ago

And I had a pretty good game going.

C152EC16-125C-47C3-B33C-298DAE1F2368 (resized).jpegC152EC16-125C-47C3-B33C-298DAE1F2368 (resized).jpeg
#10639 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC has 5 projects in progress. Not everything is single threaded.

Please enlighten us with your inside information...

#10640 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

And I had a pretty good game going.[quoted image]

Unshakable?

#10641 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC has 5 projects in progress. Not everything is single threaded. That said I’m pretty sure resources were diverted from PF to CCr (including software team resources for the CCr upgrade) to the extent that Pulp Fiction, planned to be announced last year (fall?) was delayed. So you have it backwards - some projects are being delayed to help CCr, not the other way around.

if true worth the upvote i gave

#10642 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from transprtr4u:

CCr
CCr upgrade
PF
TZr

What’s #5?

#10643 1 year ago

Tilted it trying. I think a taller post will fix this

#10644 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe fewer projects would be wise.

#10645 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

CCr
CCr upgrade
PF
TZr

What’s #5?

#5 is a guess , hoping #4 done by an other manufacturer.

#10646 1 year ago

This is how I am starting to feel about this forum...
What is that movie line....

It feels like Space and CGC are the same entity

scream (resized).jpgscream (resized).jpg
#10647 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

CCr
CCr upgrade
PF
TZr
What’s #5?

MMr

#10648 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Lol. Hardly inside info. Ryan has mentioned that publicly many times.

#10649 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. Hardly inside info. Ryan has mentioned that publicly many times

Please share , many of us not as enlightened as you ?

#10650 1 year ago

Tomorrow night, when I bring cactus home, I'm putting this thread in a time out . Same banter over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.