(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,450 posts
  • 758 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 309.
#8101 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

It was only today that I found information about a diode needed on a coil of this type

Don't fucking do that. No diode on that coil.

LTG : )

#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I just got a SE in last night and I ordered a replay knocker from Planetary and a wire harness from P1nhead ahead of time, which I've already soldered together.
It was only today that I found information about a diode needed on a coil of this type to protect the board from power spikes. In reading through this thread

Did your reading also include the FAQ entry on adding a physical knocker?
(Don’t add a diode)

#8103 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

people are using it anyway without issues?

There is a diode on the driver board.

If people put a diode on it, and get the wires in the wrong spots, you can blow stuff up.

Without the diode, it doesn't matter which wire goes to which lug.

#8104 1 year ago

Translation.. LTG strongly suggests that you not do that!

#8105 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I just got a SE in last night and I ordered a replay knocker from Planetary and a wire harness from P1nhead ahead of time, which I've already soldered together.
It was only today that I found information about a diode needed on a coil of this type to protect the board from power spikes. In reading through this thread the only mention I can find is that there is no diode on this knocker but people are using it anyway without issues?
I'm not eager to risk this rather pricey toy. Can anyone out there confirm why it is safe to use without a diode, or if it really is important for safety what I should be ordering?
Thanks, and happy to be a sheriff in training!

TLDR - extra diode doesn't matter because it's just doing the same job something up circuit is doing.. its just redundant. Where as a Missing diode means risk of damage because if the circuit doesn't have protection, due to back current hitting unprotected circuit.

The diode doesn't change the coil driving operation at all - it's just there to protect the circuit. All DC coils will have a diode on the coil, or up in the driving circuit itself.

The problem with extra diodes is more a problem of people hooking them or the coil polarity up wrong. When wired correctly, an 'extra' diode is harmless.

#8106 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:I just got a SE in last night and I ordered a replay knocker from Planetary and a wire harness from P1nhead ahead of time, which I've already soldered together.
It was only today that I found information about a diode needed on a coil of this type to protect the board from power spikes. In reading through this thread the only mention I can find is that there is no diode on this knocker but people are using it anyway without issues?
I'm not eager to risk this rather pricey toy. Can anyone out there confirm why it is safe to use without a diode, or if it really is important for safety what I should be ordering?

Diode is not needed, CGC doesn't think one is needed, my MMR does not have one.

#8107 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:Train tracks, art blades, and these bullets are a nice touch to hide the ramp posts.
[quoted image]

Who makes those? I could see these being used on multiple pins.

#8108 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Check the Modifications section in the FAQ for details.

#8109 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a diode on the driver board.
If people put a diode on it, and get the wires in the wrong spots, you can blow stuff up.
Without the diode, it doesn't matter which wire goes to which lug.

I've learned this the hard way on another pin... Super fun to fix a power supply PCB tho!

#8110 1 year ago

Happy to have full clarity! I’ll be adding the knocker in tonight along with the shaker motor then. Thank you!

#8111 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mezel Mods, pretty cheap as well.

#8112 1 year ago

Tumble weed city

#8113 1 year ago

DOUG!!!!!!

Clean up on isle 5. Please check in with your manager JFH. He will show you where the mop and bucket are to clean up this shit!

Paging Doug! Clean up on isle 5.

Thank you for shopping at pinmart! Your business is very much appreciated and we value our customers. Please submit your complaints to Karen. She runs our PR department.

Regards,

Management

#8114 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

DOUG!!!!!!
Clean up on isle 5. Please check in with your manager JFH. He will show you where the mop and bucket are to clean up this shit!
Paging Doug! Clean up on isle 5.
Thank you for shopping at pinmart! Your business is very much appreciated and we value our customers. Please submit your complaints to Karen. She runs our PR department.
Regards,
Management

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

#8116 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Williams standard knockers do NOT require a diode (its on the driver board), nor are they polarized (it doesnt matter where the wires go on the coil).

20221217_105629 (resized).jpg20221217_105629 (resized).jpg

#8117 1 year ago

Remember that one time about a month ago (and 23 pages ago), when Ryan posted pictures about LE’s leaving the building, and we were all like ‘it’s happening, it’s really happening!’. That was awesome.

And then it all went silent….

Happy holidays all!

#8118 1 year ago
DFC02E8E-EA84-49AE-A2A7-E332DF21BC72 (resized).jpegDFC02E8E-EA84-49AE-A2A7-E332DF21BC72 (resized).jpeg
#8119 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Remember that one time about a month ago (and 23 pages ago), when Ryan posted pictures about LE’s leaving the building, and we were all like ‘it’s happening, it’s really happening!’. That was awesome.
And then it all went silent….
Happy holidays all!

Like I said many moons ago, we won’t see any LE’s until 2023 because Ryan having a part reworked.

#8120 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Like I said many moons ago, we won’t see any LE’s until 2023 because Ryan having a part reworked.

Lol. Just being lighthearted here...

8E478758-9ADD-46BF-8491-405892EF29E5.gif8E478758-9ADD-46BF-8491-405892EF29E5.gif
#8121 1 year ago

Man trying to keep LE money put aside for game hope they get them shipping soon, burns a hole while Tons of other stuff I have to do keeps popping up. Guess if your rich enough doesn’t matter I’m not

#8122 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Man trying to keep LE money put aside for game hope they get them shipping soon, burns a hole while Tons of other stuff I have to do keeps popping up. Guess if your rich enough doesn’t matter I’m not

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been psyched about this game since getting in on an LE day one. I put the money aside for it, where it’s been sitting ever since. During the wait some very cool games have come up so I’ve been trading out games I really liked for new ones with themes I love…but damn, that money has been sitting there waiting on CCr for 14 months when it could’ve kept me from having to get rid of something I really liked. Oh…first world problems!!!!

#8123 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Man trying to keep LE money put aside for game hope they get them shipping soon, burns a hole while Tons of other stuff I have to do keeps popping up.

I see similar comments in many new game threads. I don’t understand why people rob Peter to pay Paul or put pinball games (or any non-essential “toy”) on credit cards (except maybe for points) if they aren’t paid off right away. I learned that the hard way when I first got out of school and just pretty much got whatever I want whenever I want. Obviously that doesn’t work for long.

Pinball should be all about fun; I hate to see people get stressed out over buying games (or thinking they are investments or, even sadder, having to sell them to get money to fund life). I certainly don’t consider myself rich but my pinball money is pretty much dead money until I’m actually dead or can’t play pinball any more and I’m at the point where I won’t put any significant “new money” into games (sort of required anyway since I’m at the point I have to sell a game to make room for a new one), though I do have money earmarked for another CGC remake if the other one I want ever happens.

This is not intended in a negative way (or just to you) but I’m curious- why stress by tying up money needed for other things? Is it specifically because of wanting the LE? I actually get that because I’d consider going into debt short term for a BTTF LE (another reason I dislike the whole LE “get it day one or miss out” model).

#8124 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I see similar comments in many new game threads. I don’t understand why people rob Peter to pay Paul or put pinball games (or any non-essential “toy”) on credit cards (except maybe for points) if they aren’t paid off right away. I learned that the hard way when I first got out of school and just pretty much got whatever I want whenever I want. Obviously that doesn’t work for long.
Pinball should be all about fun; I hate to see people get stressed out over buying games (or thinking they are investments or, even sadder, having to sell them to get money to fund life). I certainly don’t consider myself rich but my pinball money is pretty much dead money until I’m actually dead or can’t play pinball any more and I’m at the point where I won’t put any significant “new money” into games (sort of required anyway since I’m at the point I have to sell a game to make room for a new one), though I do have money earmarked for another CGC remake if the other one I want ever happens.
This is not intended in a negative way (or just to you) but I’m curious- why stress by tying up money needed for other things? Is it specifically because of wanting the LE? I actually get that because I’d consider going into debt short term for a BTTF LE (another reason I dislike the whole LE “get it day one or miss out” model).

Yes I specifically like this theme and had to sell a few games two years ago to pay bills. So when got our finances in better shape and besides some home improvements wife agreed to make up for selling those games put aside money for LE so I have full amount and no stress. Originally was going to get an SE but got lucky and guy passed on to me his LE spot when I posted and ad on pinside looking for LE. I just want to get the ball rolling before wife goes hey we can use that money for this now you know

#8125 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree. I’ve been buying pins for the home since 2003. I put one on a credit card many years ago and it took forever to get it paid off. I vowed then that I’d never do it again. Interestingly I bought three games from The Pinball Company (before their prices went sky high) on layaway. Each time it took me between 18 and 24 months to pay them off, but I just treated it like another bill, faithfully sending in my payments every month until paid off. Now I have full collection, so when I want a new game I do some trading/bartering. My point is…getting these games is awesome. I love this hobby, but going into debt to do it is a very bad idea.

#8126 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pinball should be all about fun;

Deleted...

#8127 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think the point is he didn’t know that he was gonna need it and also didn’t expect to have to wait 14+ months to pay for a CCr LE. Life throws us unexpected curveballs all the time.

The great thing about pinball is that if you do need some cash, you’ll likely get the majority of your purchase back when/if you need to sell it.

#8128 1 year ago

Just curious..... what are the wait times if you ordered an SE or SE+ now?

#8129 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

SE is in stock prob get in few days. The plus I bet will be 9 months plus.

#8130 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

You should be able to find an SE now. The only thing we have heard officially about SE+ delivery is that they were originally going to be produced after the LEs. If that’s still true I doubt we’ll see SE+ deliveries before June.

#8131 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

SE is in stock for immediate shipping with multiple distributors. As far as the SE+......

I believe the + stands for PLUS one year

#8132 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Hey man. Keep up the good fight. Don't worry about what others say as long as you have a plan that makes sense. This will be a great game enjoyable for years to come...stay on target.

#8133 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Hey man. Keep up the good fight. Don't worry about what others say as long as you have a plan that makes sense. This will be a great game enjoyable for years to come...stay on target.

Thanks

#8134 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

SE is in stock for immediate shipping with multiple distributors. As far as the SE+......

If that's true, I guess no SE+ will be shipped to Europe before Christmas 2023....

#8135 1 year ago

for those waiting for LEs, you won’t be disappointed with waiting for a well built high quality and super fun game. For those with LE spots who are anxious is it possible to switch to an SE and move the deposit money over to SE? They are readily available.Regarding code, if you are a good player you will beat the game in a few days (at least on stock setting with many EBs). the code definitely needs further maturation and development to get the game to next level but glad to see it’s actively being worked on.

#8136 1 year ago

Frankly, with the small shipment of LE’s and second hand rumor of parts being reworked it’s past time for Ryan to make an official CGC statement on the status of their production/timeline. If distributors don’t have answers the responsibility is on CGC to communicate to their clients. No amount of patronizing from JFH will change my mind either. It’s unequivocally necessary to set the record straight and treat us customers with some respect. I get that some (myself included) have shown impatience, but at this point I think we’re well within our right to know what’s happening (from the horse’s mouth). As other’s have mentioned, when communicating about sales and marketing CGC shows up... but when there are problems they go radio silent. *Don’t go there JFH with “that was their choice to provide no answers since they’ll be met with negativity on pinside and have nothing to gain by it.” They will have people’s appreciation, confidence, trust, and most importantly respect for being honest and straightforward. Will some get upset? Sure, but some are already upset for other reasons and clarity would resolve those. Honesty IS the best policy and if we are about to be owners of this product, I for one would like to know what is going on with it (parts and production wise). It’s not hard. Figure it out.

#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Frankly, with the small shipment of LE’s and second hand rumor of parts being reworked it’s past time for Ryan to make an official CGC statement on the status of their production/timeline. If distributors don’t have answers the responsibility is on CGC to communicate to their clients.

Or else… what?

CGC will likely remain silent. You should voice your displeasure with them instead. Doing it here has zero impact.

Edit: LMAO at the downvoters. You truly are clueless if you think Pinside runs the pinball world. Enjoy being miserable and grumpy

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Or else… what?

It’s not “or else” anything. Too much in this world is based on rules and consequences. They all come with a price. Doing the right thing costs nothing.

#8139 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s not “or else” anything. Too much in this world is based on rules and consequences. They all come with a price. Doing the right thing costs nothing.

Doing the wrong thing also costs them nothing despite the rhetoric by some about not buying CGC again.

While being in the “I want to know” camp myself, whether they tell us what is going on or not won’t change the timeline. But yes I’d like to know too.

I’ve resigned myself to “summer 23” now actually.

#8140 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s unequivocally necessary to set the record straight and treat us customers with some respect. I get that some (myself included) have shown impatience, but at this point I think we’re well within our right to know what’s happening (from the horse’s mouth).

I’d like to see an update as much as you or anyone else. What you are asking for is reasonable. I have asked for that in the past as have many others.

But no matter what we think we aren’t the ones that decide when it’s “unequivocally necessary”. We can ask all we want as many different ways as we want but shouldn’t be surprised if the answer (or lack thereof) is the same. We don’t have a “right” to anything here other than a good quality product for the agreed upon price and warranty.

We all have the same choice - usually the same one I have every night for dinner - take it or leave it. All we have control over is the decision to wait for the game or drop it. As you say, it’s not hard.

#8141 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Doing the right thing costs nothing.

What does waiting for the best version of a product you really want cost?

#8142 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

As far as the SE+......

Lol!

Can I put this in the FAQ?

#8143 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What does waiting for the best version of a product you really want cost?

It’s costs the opportunity of using your time, money, and energy pursuing another game or entertainment option.

#8144 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Frankly, with the small shipment of LE’s and second hand rumor of parts being reworked

Unfortunately, the smartest move is to say nothing about the reworked part. All of the CCSEs and the 30 LEs produced so far have the "defective" part (unless it's specific to LEs). If they disclose what it is, you would have an influx of requests to have that part replaced on existing games whether it was necessary or not (probably not in a home use environment).

Sucks for us - but par for the course at this point. I love the quality and price of their games, so my only real choice is to wait (albeit in a frustrated and impatient manner).

#8145 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It’s costs the opportunity of using your time, money, and energy pursuing another game or entertainment option.

No. You still have that same opportunity until you’ve paid for the game. I’ve been doing exactly that thinking about Bond. At worst, waiting ties up deposit money and that’s debatable.

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Edit: LMAO at the downvoters. You truly are clueless if you think Pinside runs the pinball world. Enjoy being miserable and grumpy

Upvote for the edit.

#8148 1 year ago

Thanks

If accepting reality and acknowledging I don’t have the ability to dictate the actions of a company I don’t own is deflection, I’ll continue to be the best manager ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

6,945 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.