(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 308.
#7651 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

#6 x 3/8" Unslotted Hex Head Wood Screws  These should work nicely. Or same size Phillips Head.

LTG : )

Quoted from P1nhead:

No t nut (if wood bb) or threaded insert (if metal bb)?

It looks like the wms knocker kit comes with mache screws instead of wood.

Thank you both! P1nhead --Still gotta order my cable from you first...

#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thank you both! P1nhead --Still gotta order my cable from you first...

What ltg says. If #6 ever tears out, you still have a chance to use #8.

#7653 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

What ltg says. If #6 ever tears out, you still have a chance to use #8.

Small world. On the PPS ticket I told him to contact you for a harness.

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small world. On the PPS ticket I told him to contact you for a harness.

Thanks!

Every CGC game needs a knocker with quality wiring harness (IDC be damned)! I've gotten my turnaround time pretty much next day shipping now.

#7655 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Having a weird issue with my cactus canyon. The game will intermittently prematurely end the game. The ball will go down the trough, adds up the scores and then the game seems to struggle to push a single ball out, usually pushing out two or three balls at a time. I checked all the connections and I saw the plug to the board that is connected to the trough slightly loose, rectified that, but this issue is still occurring. Have about 80 plays on the game.  Anyone else?

I have this same issue with a location game. Verified that the plunger is not mounted too high or interfering with balls in the trough. Any ideas would be welcome. Makes it hard to use for league and tournament play.

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Any ideas would be welcome.

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? Assuming the ball trough is clean and not obstructions.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#7657 1 year ago

What is everyone setting their flipper strength to on CCr?

Ryan recommended to me one time to set MBr at +2 and AFMr at -1 , I I find that to be perfect.

Thanks
Richard

#7658 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ryan recommended to me one time to set MBr at +2 and AFMr at -1 , I I find that to be perfect.
Thanks
Richard

Has your game been delivered yet? I feel like there should be pictures if it has

#7659 1 year ago

Still the most played in the lineup. Couple small issues but a very solid machine of the past months.

IMG_3708 (resized).jpgIMG_3708 (resized).jpg
#7660 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? Assuming the ball trough is clean and not obstructions.

It’s a good thought. I verified the balls aren’t magnetized. I was able to observe the trough 4 opto bouncing when creating some playfield vibrations with my fist. I tightened the transmit side of the trough board and it seems to have fixed that to where I at least can’t make the switch bounce anymore. Will try that for a while and see how it does.

#7661 1 year ago

Thank god for the switch history in the CGC menu system

#7662 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone have an idea/guess what the font on the LE number is?

Did you check the FAQ before asking this question?

#7663 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Thanks
Richard

I have mine at +2. Really changed the game once I adjusted the strength. Made the left and right ramp shots much easier.

#7664 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Did you check the FAQ before asking this question?

Lol.

I did. Thanks for asking.

Was reworking some things and figured someone was going to ask for font information so I decided to go first. Now it’s there.

#7665 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

YES! I love this simple bit of plastic. I used it with great success on The Champion Pub. And I will get one for my CCr as soon as I get a Marco order together (might be awhile though).
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG
#7666 1 year ago

Where the hell is Richard's game! I wanna speak to the manager NOW!

richard.jpgrichard.jpg

Ever notice most women who like to start shit are built like this?

#7667 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I have mine at +2. Really changed the game once I adjusted the strength. Made the left and right ramp shots much easier.

Are there any downsides to turning up the flipper strength?

#7668 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

More chance of airballs, dimples, broken plastics - just ensure the game plays smooth, if not then dial it back down.

#7669 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Could be an upside or downside depending on your skill level, but it will make the game easier. Also the ball will be hitting everything with more force. It's not gonna destroy your game if you are worried about that.

#7670 1 year ago

I turned mine up 2 points as well. I did it very shortly after receiving my game roughly 6 months ago. Another issue I encountered (even before turning them up), was flipper fade. Once you get a good 30 minute game going, or have multiple people playing, the flippers can lose strength pretty quickly. PinMonk fans helped out immensely. I highly recommend them on this title.

#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Spoke to the distro yesterday. It's not just Richard and his SE now. It's the LEs as well. CGC will not ship games to Canada until they get the certification approval thing. It's related to something they changed in the power supply(compared to previous games) or something to that effect.

No point incomplaining to the distributor as they can't do anything about it. They are as frustrated as all of us are.

#7672 1 year ago

Blame Canada! (try and get the South Park song out of your head now)

#7673 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Spoke to the distro yesterday. It's not just Richard and his SE now. It's the LEs as well. CGC will not ship games to Canada until they get the certification approval thing. It's related to something they changed in the power supply(compared to previous games) or something to that effect.
No point incomplaining to the distributor as they can't do anything about it. They are as frustrated as all of us are.

Yes. They can’t ship any games in so far.

#7674 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I turned mine up 2 points as well. I did it very shortly after receiving my game roughly 6 months ago. Another issue I encountered (even before turning them up), was flipper fade. Once you get a good 30 minute game going, or have multiple people playing, the flippers can lose strength pretty quickly. PinMonk fans helped out immensely. I highly recommend them on this title.

flipper fade on my CC SE is no where near as bad as my MMrLE..ordered the pinmonk system for that one..I feel that all new pins (Stern included) NEED cooling fans on their flipper coils... MM is basically not very enjoyable after 20-30 minutes of continuous play..CC is not nearly as bad.

#7675 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I thought once the LEs were starting to be built, then inspections could be done for I'm assuming CSA, then SEs could start to ship to Canada.

#7676 1 year ago

Ok now that LE’s are shipping I hope CGC is concentrating on the extended code. Give me some last Lyman magic.

#7677 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok now that LE’s are shipping I hope CGC is concentrating on the extended code. Give me some last Lyman magic.

I'm really looking forward to hearing all the original callouts that never made it into the original game.

#7678 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You realize one has nothing to do with the other, right? CGC has multiple projects underway none of which have any impact on the production line. It’s not like Josh, Sam and the software team paused their work to go help box up games for shipping …

#7679 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You realize one has nothing to do with the other, right? CGC has multiple projects underway none of which have any impact on the production line. It’s not like Josh, Sam and the software team paused their work to go help box up games for shipping …

Man. You are just so negative, rude, and depressing sometimes. Was this post really necessary? The guy is just excited and hopefully something is happening with the code.

I like coming to this thread for updates, but I dread seeing posts from you.

Hate to say it, but this thread would be way more enjoyable if you’d be a bit nicer.

Maybe you could hop off the computer and go run to the mall. You could go tell all the little kids that Santa isn’t real…seems right up your alley.

#7680 1 year ago

So per pps they have not received any machines beyond the initial small batch. This would seem to indicate that actual production is stalled. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

negative, rude and depressing

That seems to sum up your post rather well.

If you look through this forum you will see many instances where people have made assumptions not based in fact. The inference that CGC can now focus on the upgrade kit because the LEs are shipping implies a serial process. That’s incorrect and could lead to some bad assumptions.

#7682 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you look through this forum you will see many instances where people have made assumptions not based in fact. The inference that CGC can now focus on the upgrade kit because the LEs are shipping implies a serial process. That’s incorrect and could lead to some bad assumptions.

Jeez...you did it again.

#7683 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So per pps they have not received any machines beyond the initial small batch. This would seem to indicate that actual production is stalled.

Based on what? It’s not like PPS gets all their games first and then other distributors get theirs. PPS, like other large distributors, gets/will get their games in batches.

If we have evidence that no other distributor have batches scheduled, I would agree with you. But we don’t.

#7684 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your toxic and scenile dude. I never assumed shit, just wanting or imagining or hoping. Relax bro, get off Pinside for a while and go play your 100 machines or whatever it is you have.

#7685 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on what? It’s not like PPS gets all their games first and then other distributors get theirs. PPS, like other large distributors, gets/will get their games in batches.
If we have evidence that no other distributor have batches scheduled, I would agree with you. But we don’t.

An email just went out from PPS with an update that’s probably what he is referring to…

#7686 1 year ago
Quoted from t2000:

An email just went out from PPS with an update that’s probably what he is referring to…

I presumed his post referred to a note. I was questioning the assumption that production was stalled.

Did the note from PPS mention a production delay?

#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presumed his post referred to a note. I was questioning the assumption that production was stalled.

Should we start running all posts through you before posting? Don't want any bad assumptions getting in here.

#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

So you based your assumption without knowing the facts? smh

#7689 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Your toxic and scenile dude. I never assumed shit, just wanting or imagining or hoping. Relax bro, get off Pinside for a while and go play your 100 machines or whatever it is you have.

#7690 1 year ago

I got the PPS email as well. Reading between the lines it appears CGC isn't pumping out these games very fast (if at all). PPS said they received an initial allocation, but basically have no idea when the balance of their orders will be fulfilled. They did say it would probably be at least another 6 months or longer....

#7691 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is clear from the email that pps does not believe CGC is currently shipping games. It is strange to me that you seem so resistant to common sense conclusions.

#7692 1 year ago

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

#7693 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

It’s never been an issue for me.

#7694 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It is clear from the email that pps does not believe CGC is currently shipping games. It is strange to me that you seem so resistant to common sense conclusions.

I’m simply disappointed that there are so many willing to assume the worst when there are not enough facts to support a particular conclusion.

Could it be true based on what has been reported? Of course. But “not currently shipping games to PPS” <> “not shipping games”.

#7695 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Man. You are just so negative, rude, and depressing sometimes. Was this post really necessary? The guy is just excited and hopefully something is happening with the code.
I like coming to this thread for updates, but I dread seeing posts from you.
Hate to say it, but this thread would be way more enjoyable if you’d be a bit nicer.
Maybe you could hop off the computer and go run to the mall. You could go tell all the little kids that Santa isn’t real…seems right up your alley.

Op has put a lot of time in this forum and the famous FAQ and I appreciate all the hard work. The reality is he hasn’t changed and I keep seeing condescending posts like “if you read the faq you would know… etc” along with the apologist comments. Can a new CCR owners club be started? I’m certainly not up to the task so maybe we’re stuck here lol. Sorry Op

#7696 1 year ago

I think the utility of anti-reflective glass is situation-dependent. I only have one machine in my game room with a noticeable glare issue. The rest of my machines are fine with the lighting I have. A lot cheaper, too.

#7697 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hmm. Making assumptions without evidence is fine for Internet forum discussions. This isn’t a court of law or peer-reviewed science.

#7698 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So per pps they have not received any machines beyond the initial small batch. This would seem to indicate that actual production is stalled. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

I stated earlier that CGC wouldn’t be shipping games until 2023 and got blasted when they shipped 20+ games in December. Technically, I guess I was wrong but really was I wrong? At least my guarantee on TZ being the next CGC game is gaining strength.

#7699 1 year ago

Agree with jchristian11 - never been an issue.

One thing to consider is how much light is there in either location. The darker it is, the less difference there is. Most locations I play at have lower light levels than what I generally play under at home. I don’t ever recall thinking “oh what a difference from home; I can’t see to make the shot”. And I’m going to play an order of magnitude more games at home than on location.

I have Invisiglass, Stern HD, and PDI at home. My impression is that PDI is the best of the three though maybe not better enough for the cost premium. If I didn’t already have a sheet of PDI waiting for the game I’d be fine with any of the others.

#7700 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]
Ever notice most women who like to start shit are built like this?

Hey, that's my dog!! And he's a boy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (Firm)
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.