(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 309.
#7001 1 year ago

Nope. That would most certainly be an add on coming later.

Quoted from mtp78:

Do they have saloon doors ?????

#7002 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This thread is confusing - thread blows up for all types of little stuff and yet the LEs are finally announced and relative crickets .
Congrats to all the LE owners! Looking forward to my SE+!

Sadly, many are seemingly much happier to complain than celebrate.

#7003 1 year ago

Going to be an awesome Thanksgiving for many LE owners. I wont see mine quite that quick but have hopes again that I will have the game in time for New Years Eve. Looking forward to seeing the unboxing pics

#7004 1 year ago

I would be curious to know what the delay was all about. Not complaining. Just... curious.

#7005 1 year ago

Customers finally get answers ...the negativity of this thread was only caused by delays and no communication from CGC ....

#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This thread is confusing - thread blows up for all types of little stuff and yet the LEs are finally announced and relative crickets .

Meh. It's an exact repeat of MMr Royals. People got to the point where they were ready to storm CGC with pitchforks and flaming torches, how the lack of comms was totally unacceptable and an insult to their customer base blah blah blah. Then once deliveries started everybody left the thread to go play with their new toy. Collective memory has been reset.

I am waiting for my game too but for me it's not a race and the delay didn't upset me. I have 5 other games to play with until it gets here. Would be nice to have it for XMas though as the family get-together is at my place this year

#7007 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call).

Thanks for sharing unconfirmed bullshit last week.

#7008 1 year ago

PPS has the CGC knocker assembly. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-10686-1

Order one at the beginning of the week and it showed up this morning. Should be installing in my LE next week.

IMG_2918 (resized).jpgIMG_2918 (resized).jpg
#7009 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Order one at the beginning of the week and it showed up this morning. Should be installing in my LE next week.

Did it also come with the wiring harness?

#7010 1 year ago

I am out of the loop, so what did they ever do with the code on these remakes?

#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am out of the loop, so what did they ever do with the code on these remakes?

The FAQ (first post) is a great resource for those out of the loop.

#7012 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did it also come with the wiring harness?

No, but it's easy enough to make. PPS does have the harness, but it's currently out of stock.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CBL-KNOCKER

#7013 1 year ago

This is great news. Finally. Might get this and JB LE at the same time. Great Christmas presents!!!

#7014 1 year ago

It’s good to hear LE machines are finally shipping. I ordered a SE+ topper. I’d be happy if I get it by next summer or in 2023.

#7015 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’d be happy if I get it by next summer or in 2023.

Ummm.. Next summer IS 2023.

#7016 1 year ago

Nobody ever mentions us lowly SE+ customers. I want my machine too!
All good, I'm patiently waiting. Congrats for the LE people!

#7017 1 year ago

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Over a year ago. I paid in full. It feels like I am getting a new pinball machine, and not having to shell out anything. Happy day!

#7018 1 year ago
Quoted from tsinger873:Nobody ever mentions us lowly SE+ customers. I want my machine too!
All good, I'm patiently waiting. Congrats for the LE people!

Same here. Patiently (mostly) waiting. A few things were said on how the SE+ would be shipped and I’m still not sure if it’s going to happen with the LE or after. This will be my fist game and that was good news yesterday. It’s hard to keep waiting when you see some good pins in stock and ready to ship.

#7019 1 year ago

What would serial number "DSD" represent?

987FD983-9E84-4895-B701-EEEAA9B7BAC0.jpeg987FD983-9E84-4895-B701-EEEAA9B7BAC0.jpeg

Or is that a poorly written "1250"?

#7020 1 year ago

Rightio then, I'm going to check out the FAQ's now.

#7021 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

Looks like 050?

#7022 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

PPS has the CGC knocker assembly. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-10686-1
Order one at the beginning of the week and it showed up this morning. Should be installing in my LE next week. [quoted image]

The LE’s don’t even come with a knocker ????

#7023 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

looks like maybe 1050 to me... either way just messy writing I think.

#7024 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

looks like maybe 1050 to me... either way just messy writing I think.

They look like "D"s to me, but yea - sloppy if those are numbers. I was hoping to ascertain if the LE serial #s were picking up where the SEs stopped or if they were starting over at 0. I guess we'll figure it out when one gets unboxed next week.

#7025 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They look like "D"s to me, but yea - sloppy if those are numbers. I was hoping to ascertain if the LE serial #s were picking up where the SEs stopped or if they were starting over at 0. I guess we'll figure it out when one gets unboxed next week.

I believe the SE serial numbers started at 1251.

So the LEs are bound to fill the 1-1250 spots.

#7026 1 year ago

So, did no one else receive a final invoice or tracking number today?

#7027 1 year ago

DSD = Drop Ship to Distributor? Maybe a SN match thing?

#7028 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The LE’s don’t even come with a knocker ????

No. The original WMS version didn’t come with a knocker either.

(If you had read the FAQ you would have known the last WPC-95 game to have a physical knocker was Medieval Madness)

#7029 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Rightio then, I'm going to check out the FAQ's now.

It’s in there …

#7030 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

the last WPC-9t game to have a physical knocker was Medieval Madness)

Doesn’t mean it’s right. I want a knock sound every time Bart’s gun goes BANG!

#7031 1 year ago

No knocker in my original...

CC 001 (resized).jpgCC 001 (resized).jpg
#7032 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Customers finally get answers ...the negativity of this thread was only caused by delays and no communication from CGC ....

Plenty of negativity seemed to be only coming from a few Pinsiders. Most of tbe thread has been fantastic.

CGC always do a great job. I am sure there are and will be plenty of happy owners, operators and coin droppers.

#7033 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Thanks for sharing unconfirmed bullshit last week.

That's what I was told. I guess you can't be right all the time (wife tells me that all the time). That being said, it'll be nice when we see a lot of these being shipped.

#7034 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Doesn’t mean it’s right. I want a knock sound every time Bart’s gun goes BANG!

That would be killer, good idea. Or maybe when you knock all the targets down in showdown and start another round. WHACK!!

#7035 1 year ago

Noticed that the opto sensor near the pop bumpers trigger a Bart shot sometimes when the ball rolls over the opto. Is that part of the code or is something not right? Been doing it since day one. Don't see anything unusual underneath and all other switches seem fine.

20221118_192312 (resized).jpg20221118_192312 (resized).jpg
#7036 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I agree - especially one in particular who wrote many posts, paragraph after paragraph on how CGC ‘should’ve’ handled things. I don’t think JFH expected this to to turn into another Hype Thread when he created it. I’m certain there’ll be plenty of new things to complain about once the LE’s are in the hands of owners.

#7037 1 year ago
Quoted from binary01:

I agree - especially one in particular who wrote many posts, paragraph after paragraph on how CGC ‘should’ve’ handled things. I don’t think JFH expected this to to turn into another Hype Thread when he created it. I’m certain there’ll be plenty of new things to complain about once the LE’s are in the hands of owners.

I've utilized the ignore function in this thread more than all others on Pinside combined. I hope that it is an anomaly and not the new norm for what the bulk of Pinside will be. I am here to learn and help others enjoy the hobby. There are plenty of topics that I drain because of where people take them. I've gotten to where I only read threads about games I own. Pinball is supposed to be fun. If every thread on Pinside turns into another Fakebook, I'll leave it behind as well and just play my games, for the same ultimate reason: "Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts." - Henry Rosovsky

#7038 1 year ago

(deleted - found my answer in the image gallery)

#7039 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Ummm.. Next summer IS 2023.

Yes it is but there are 3-4 months left in the year after it ends.
I’ll be happy to get my machine by summer or before the end of 2023

#7040 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Or there is more to actually DISCUSS in one situation vs the other?

Do you want 500 posts of 'whee!' 'yes' etc? That's what thumbs up are for.

There isn't much to discuss between tracking number and waiting.. besides CGC's output... or people who like to think about what they are going to buy next.

And no one was spouting off non-sense about CGC output.. so it didn't create a bunch of pushback.. unlike some other fanboy topics.

#7041 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Noticed that the opto sensor near the pop bumpers trigger a Bart shot sometimes when the ball rolls over the opto. Is that part of the code or is something not right? Been doing it since day one. Don't see anything unusual underneath and all other switches seem fine.
[quoted image]

I think you are referring to the bart being triggered when the ball ejects into the pops area? This is intentional from prior reports.

#7042 1 year ago

If you get a physical knocker, how well integrated into the game is it? I love the way API implemented the physical knocker in Oktoberfest. In that game, the knocker (a priced add-on) mounts in the bottom of the cabinet. Instead of the typical THWACK, it's more of a POP, used in target shooting and duck hunt modes. Addams Family did an excellent job with the knocker as well (mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, on the side, where at times it sounds like somebody pounding on a door).

#7043 1 year ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

[quoted image]

I experience the same not sure if right or wrong

#7044 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

If you get a physical knocker, how well integrated into the game is it? I love the way API implemented the physical knocker in Oktoberfest. In that game, the knocker (a priced add-on) mounts in the bottom of the cabinet. Instead of the typical THWACK, it's more of a POP, used in target shooting and duck hunt modes. Addams Family did an excellent job with the knocker as well (mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, on the side, where at times it sounds like somebody pounding on a door).

Unless CGC added calls to the knocker in the enhanced code (unlikely since an SE owner would’ve reported it), it’s just going to be the original match/high score calls.

Be a cool addition to the upgrade code given the theme though you wouldn’t want to over use it.

#7045 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I experience the same not sure if right or wrong

Adjust the Bart switch so it’s not so sensitive maybe ?

#7046 1 year ago
Quoted from binary01:

I don’t think JFH expected this to to turn into another Hype Thread when he created it. I’m certain there’ll be plenty of new things to complain about once the LE’s are in the hands of owners.

I did not. I also had expected Doug and Ryan to be here more but hopefully that’s all water under the bridge now.

As for new things to complain about?

1) When are the SE+’s going to ship? How come we are last?
2) The LEs weren’t worth the wait. <x> sucks. Here’s what CGC should’ve done instead.
3) How come CGC hasn’t announced the details and price of the upgrade kit yet? Here’s what it should cost.
4) LE owners should get the upgrade for free or at a discount because of the LE delay. Good will and all that you know.
5) How come there aren’t any saloon doors?
6) What the heck is the deal with Richard’s game?

In between all that noise we’ll see some new unboxings, learn about a few new issues and have some common owner thread stuff (except all the repeat questions because, you know, awesome FAQ).

#7047 1 year ago

Haha, the SE+ trolls are getting the torches and pitchforks. This will be my first pin and first NIB coin op so I’m more excited than anything. Growing up in 80s arcades and watching shit like, “Silver Spoons” I used to dream but I never imagined I’d own my own arcade and pinball machines. It feels like when I was a kid and I would try to get to sleep on Christmas Eve but the excitement would keep you awake, but every day for a year.

#7048 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

6) What the heck is the deal with Richard’s game?

This should be number 1!

#7049 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This should be number 1!

It’s where the missing socks end up.

#7050 1 year ago

How about if we talk about the game here and bitch about not having your game yet in the other thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.