(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,433 posts - Hot topic!
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Cam2000
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 309.
#1601 2 years ago

How are you all seeing flippers aligned? Right one with the hole aligned with the top, left with the hole underneath? MBr has them both aligned with the top (plastic) part of each flipper.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, does anyone know, is there any order to which of the Bart brother appear? During my short time playing, it seemed that some games I'd start off against bandelero Bart. Other games, big Bart or Bubba Bart may come first. I only saw bionic Bart once and he was last. I kind of assumed the other 3 Bart brothers would always be presented in a certain order. Is that incorrect?

Anyone?

#1603 2 years ago

"In order to evenly distribute them across the country, they are sending them out a few at a time to each distributor instead of one getting a huge load and others nothing (we appreciate that greatly). Our first few have gone to public venues so people can play the game. " - Carolina Pinballs YouTube channel

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

"In order to evenly distribute them across the country, they are sending them out a few at a time to each distributor instead of one getting a huge load and others nothing (we appreciate that greatly). Our first few have gone to public venues so people can play the game. " - Carolina Pinballs YouTube channel

Well, let’s go Canada! I’ll volunteer to be the first here!

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Well, let’s go Canada! I’ll volunteer to be the first here!

Yeah Richard will make a great ambassador getting the first home owned one in Canada. (I heard there is a demo at Player 1)

#1606 2 years ago

Number 69 is ready for framing

AA901EDF-C228-4420-BD91-B410BE92BB27 (resized).jpegAA901EDF-C228-4420-BD91-B410BE92BB27 (resized).jpeg
#1607 2 years ago

I would expect the order of the Bart Brothers to be random. With the last one always being bionic.

This kind of logic is common for games of this era for a couple of reasons. It both allows inexperienced players to see and hear different things and is a way to prevent the callouts from getting annoying quick. If there was an order, the dialog of the first one would be burned into your head.

Think back on games like Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars. You don't always start at the same King or City in those and the last encounter is always the same.

#1608 2 years ago

I have a few of these saloon style barrel cup holders left. They go great with this theme. PM me if you are interested.

5D08D36D-D874-4339-B49E-3E4E0AF5DC89 (resized).jpeg5D08D36D-D874-4339-B49E-3E4E0AF5DC89 (resized).jpegE8920396-5684-46FF-A387-F5D747E285C3 (resized).jpegE8920396-5684-46FF-A387-F5D747E285C3 (resized).jpeg
#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I have a few of these saloon style barrel cup holders left. They go great with this theme. PM me if you are interested. [quoted image][quoted image]

Can they only be mounted on the front or can they go on the side?

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I would expect the order of the Bart Brothers to be random. With the last one always being bionic.
This kind of logic is common for games of this era for a couple of reasons. It both allows inexperienced players to see and hear different things and is a way to prevent the callouts from getting annoying quick. If there was an order, the dialog of the first one would be burned into your head.
Think back on games like Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars. You don't always start at the same King or City in those and the last encounter is always the same.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks!!

#1611 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice (for a SE) and my distributor said he should have it by Friday. I’m hoping for an early next week delivery date.

#1612 2 years ago

The twitch.tv stream of the “Completing Cactus Canyon” presented by Butch Peel at TPF is no longer available online.
I’ve updated the FAQ with a new link and will add a summary at some point.

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The twitch.tv stream of the “Completing Cactus Canyon” presented by Butch Peel at TPF is no longer available online.
I’ve removed it from the FAQ but will update the answer with a summary and new link in the not too distant future.

Thanks. I tried rewatching it the other day and noticed the same. Wanted to see the clip about the single drops redesign.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Thanks. I tried rewatching it the other day and noticed the same. Wanted to see the clip about the single drops redesign.

One of the best presentations I’ve ever seen at a show and terrific for owners of Cactus Canyon remake. I just need to edit two parts of the video together and put it online. The non-video summary may take some time, but it’s on my to-do list.

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Yeah, me too. Particularly since a couple of my drops have been slightly troublesome!

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

One of the best presentations I’ve ever seen at a show and terrific for owners of Cactus Canyon remake. I just need to edit two parts of the video together and put it online. The non-video summary may take some time, but it’s on my to-do list.

Great! I would love to watch it again as well!
Thanks!

Richard

#1617 2 years ago

Thanks for your time jfh! I didn’t get a chance to see it yet and wanted to. It surprises me that PR department at CGC, and other companies as well, don’t make these available on their websites, if they are good ones at least They should put you on the payroll

#1618 2 years ago

Parts 1 and 2 of "Completing Cactus Canyon" given by Butch Peel from Chicago Gaming at TPF in March 2022.
This is an excellent presentation and a must watch for remake owners or anyone interested in the game.

Part 1

Part 2

[There is a slight overlap between videos. There was no time for Q&A at the session]

F0B2D283-A962-456F-9207-EDC69133D827 (resized).jpegF0B2D283-A962-456F-9207-EDC69133D827 (resized).jpeg

#1619 2 years ago

Here’s mine:

D1C83E4D-4839-421B-BB1F-6851DC81560C (resized).jpegD1C83E4D-4839-421B-BB1F-6851DC81560C (resized).jpeg
#1620 2 years ago

So Zach on a recent podcast makes it sound like saloon doors are coming. What’s everyone else’s take?

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So Zach on a recent podcast makes it sound like saloon doors are coming. What’s everyone else’s take?

Haven't heard that one?

#1622 2 years ago

CCr 1448, April 1, 2022 born date. First photo, life imitates art (my gameroom). Second photo, lol, Bart apparently walked on my game. Third photo is the box, and fourth is the Tilt mechanism on the box.

image0(10) (resized).jpegimage0(10) (resized).jpegimage1(8) (resized).jpegimage1(8) (resized).jpegimage2(1) (resized).jpegimage2(1) (resized).jpegimage3(1) (resized).jpegimage3(1) (resized).jpeg
#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think anyone who has been paying attention carefully should have a pretty good idea of what’s coming. There have been numerous clues including some from those inside Chicago Gaming. Zach didn’t add anything new and we won’t know anything for sure until the official announcement. I’m pretty sure no one that knows is going to steal Doug Duba’s thunder either.

My take? There’s an obvious mod for the game I’m not in any hurry to purchase for mine. And the old adages “there’s more than one way to skin a cat” and “good things come to those who wait” both apply.

FAQ not in the FAQ: Do I know for certain what the kit contains? No, but I’ve already written most of the FAQ update about it.

It would be nice if CGC would just announce the kit already but there are plenty of reasons they might not want to do so, not the least of which would be focusing on getting games to customers before doing anything else.

#1624 2 years ago

Thanks jfh !

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1625 2 years ago

Pinball Lounge remodel done. Now on to the second room. CCr has her new spot.

20220421_231035 (resized).jpg20220421_231035 (resized).jpg
#1626 2 years ago

Pinball Lounge remodel done

Nice job on the ceiling ....

#1627 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks amazing!!!

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

CCr 1448, April 1, 2022 born date. First photo, life imitates art (my gameroom). Second photo, lol, Bart apparently walked on my game. Third photo is the box, and fourth is the Tilt mechanism on the box.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics!!!
Thanks!!!

Richard

#1629 2 years ago

CCr now on location at Bite Me Cake Company/ Flip A Coin Arcade Bar in Pueblo, Colorado!!

B450B016-68F7-4AEB-AAFA-8676BC5C0BB0 (resized).jpegB450B016-68F7-4AEB-AAFA-8676BC5C0BB0 (resized).jpeg
#1630 2 years ago

For those using the alternate art in the game - what are you planning to do with the Youssi translite?

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nice job on the ceiling ....

Thank you both. When we moved in the whole basement was a cold light grey with a white drop ceiling. Very bright.. My goal was a gentlemans lounge/gameroom vibe. We darkened the walls, put in a copper look ceiling tile, added lamps with dim yellow lighting, and bingo. It's warm cozy, and inviting. There's another room to the side that has 7 pinballs in it that now needs the same treatment

#1632 2 years ago

Now that we seem to be getting a larger data set. I decided to start looking through the build data we've been collecting.

Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E8xpZF1k44rL_vLgtRuEX6ZmsL3X13VeM89WADjFdTk/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously, there is still a bunch of assumptions being made here, and I had to remove a piece of data as it didn't fit inline with how I assume they're doing things. This is all speculation done for fun, don't take it as gospel.

My speculation on the data:
From what I have gathered. CGC's best week so far had them shipping around 40 games a week or between 5 and 6 games a day. CGC hasn't maintained this speed and has actually dipped recently. Being as we're still 272 games off from the expected first run of 500 SEs. Using their best week as an average, as I would expect their production to slowly be speeding up. We're still 7 weeks off from LEs starting to be made. Making the first LEs come of the line in June.

I would hope that the pace of getting machines out when they start getting to LEs would have improve by then, getting closer to their expected max production speed of around 70 games a week. However, if we stay around 40 games a week. It'll take them an estimated 31 weeks (7+ months) to ship all the LEs.

#1633 2 years ago

I’m using 6 days a week, not 7. I don’t have a lot more data than you but haven’t seen a Sunday build yet.

B62CB5D9-A1C6-4C11-92E0-3179DCBD0A04 (resized).jpegB62CB5D9-A1C6-4C11-92E0-3179DCBD0A04 (resized).jpeg
#1634 2 years ago

Nice set up!

#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Now that we seem to be getting a larger data set. I decided to start looking through the build data we've been collecting.
Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E8xpZF1k44rL_vLgtRuEX6ZmsL3X13VeM89WADjFdTk/edit?usp=sharing
Obviously, there is still a bunch of assumptions being made here, and I had to remove a piece of data as it didn't fit inline with how I assume they're doing things. This is all speculation done for fun, don't take it as gospel.
My speculation on the data:
From what I have gathered. CGC's best week so far had them shipping around 40 games a week or between 5 and 6 games a day. CGC hasn't maintained this speed and has actually dipped recently. Being as we're still 272 games off from the expected first run of 500 SEs. Using their best week as an average, as I would expect their production to slowly be speeding up. We're still 7 weeks off from LEs starting to be made. Making the first LEs come of the line in June.
I would hope that the pace of getting machines out when they start getting to LEs would have improve by then, getting closer to their expected max production speed of around 70 games a week. However, if we stay around 40 games a week. It'll take them an estimated 31 weeks (7+ months) to ship all the LEs.

I think you're pretty close. Back in March (based on my experience with the 3 other LE's) my estimate was that it would take CGC another 6-12 months to get all the LE's out the door.

#1636 2 years ago

Looks like it smells like cigars in there. In a good way.

[quoted image]

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

my estimate was that it would take CGC another 6-12 months to get all the LE's out the door.

Past results are not indicative of future performance. I’m confident the LEs will be done long before then.

And is anyone who has been in on an LE since day one really going to say “screw it. It’s been over six months. I’m giving up.”?

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Past results are not indicative of future performance. I’m confident the LEs will be done long before then.
And is anyone who has been in on an LE since day one really going to say “screw it. It’s been over six months. I’m giving up.”?

Didn't someone just give up their LE spot a week ago because the wait was too long?

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Heck no! I will continue to wait patiently and play my other games.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well they kind of are I'm not saying that people are going to give up although some might. My pretty extensive experience with ordering CGC LE's is that they make quality games, but they RARELY make schedule, and are typically months behind getting games out. I have no idea why as CGC doesn't communicate to their customers, but its been my reality. I hope your right, but history is not on your side, and that was pre-covid. My guess is they will be lucky to get 30-40 games per week out, and at those numbers its another 7- 9 months + however long it takes them to even start LE's (that could be another several months). I'm not trying to be negative just realistic as this is the 4th time I've seen this movie.

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not trying to be negative just realistic as this is the 4th time I've seen this movie.

If I were projecting based on others past experiences, I’d agree. But that doesn’t account for the significant changes made for their production line starting with Cactus Canyon. We likely haven’t seen the fruits of that yet but given the original plan was apparently to start in November and be done with SEs and LEs by May I’m pretty confident we’ll see games sooner than might otherwise have been expected, even with the delays. (And remember, not all delays are bad as a few changes have already been made to fix early issues which pauses the line and messes up the numbers).

#1642 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those using the alternate art in the game - what are you planning to do with the Youssi translite?

Just added it to the stack of other backglasses and translites

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If I were projecting based on others past experiences, I’d agree. But that doesn’t account for the significant changes made for their production line starting with Cactus Canyon. We likely haven’t seen the fruits of that yet but given the original plan was apparently to start in November and be done with SEs and LEs by May I’m pretty confident we’ll see games sooner than might otherwise have been expected, even with the delays. (And remember, not all delays are bad as a few changes have already been made to fix early issues which pauses the line and messes up the numbers).

I'm curious what significant changes has CGC made? Have they been implemented? My guess you're assuming CGC has increased production capacity, which might be true, but doesn't really translate to making games quicker. I'm just providing a realistic spin on CGC's historical production ability (including CCR). The first remake was 7 years ago so I have a lot of history of waiting a long, long time for games.

#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious what significant changes has CGC made? Have they been implemented? My guess you're assuming CGC has increased production capacity, which might be true, but doesn't really translate to making games quicker. I'm just providing a realistic spin on CGC's historical production ability (including CCR). The first remake was 7 years ago so I have a lot of history of waiting a long, long time for games.

I don’t have first hand knowledge of what game production was before Cactus Canyon so I can’t say with certainty. Just have to wait and see if what I was told turns out to be true.

We’re all going to see our Cactus Canyons before some who ordered Stern games over a year ago (and in some cases, paid in full). I don’t think any of those folks are feeling bad for anyone in our position.

#1645 2 years ago

So quick recap and update to my Drop Target issue:

When my left "Bad Guy" drops started not reliably staying upright, I loosened the return-spring tension on both of them. This solved the issue, but left me with stretched-out return springs. This solution held for about 75 or so plays, until I could get back to the location with some replacement springs.

Today, I replaced the stretched-out springs with a couple of leftover flipper-return springs from an old rebuild kit. These springs are quite a bit "stretchier" than the ones that are factory installed by CGC. With these replacement springs, the left drops are now both working even better than before.

So I would definitely echo the FAQ, and say that if you have any drops not staying up when they should, go ahead and replace the springs with weaker / stretchier ones. In the case of my game, the two left drops needed replacement springs, while the two right drops have been fine with the factory springs. And what's strange is that all 4 drop-targets appear to be mounted identically in their openings. There's no discernable difference between any of them.

All 4 drops look like this from above. Including the ones that haven't had any issues.

20220419_185826 (resized).jpg20220419_185826 (resized).jpg

I'll also add, the springs are really easy to replace compared to a lot of drop targets that I've seen. They slide on and off easily on from both attachment points, and they are not hard to reach.

#1646 2 years ago

Going to put a spot filler in my arcade this weekend.

Haven’t even taken the plastic off yet but can still see the difference between silk screened and ink jet. I’d forgotten how striking the difference can be.

3F4909BF-5DD0-47C5-BA82-ECAE0CC8595D (resized).jpeg3F4909BF-5DD0-47C5-BA82-ECAE0CC8595D (resized).jpeg
#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t have first hand knowledge of what game production was before Cactus Canyon so I can’t say with certainty. Just have to wait and see if what I was told turns out to be true.
We’re all going to see our Cactus Canyons before some who ordered Stern games over a year ago (and in some cases, paid in full). I don’t think any of those folks are feeling bad for anyone in our position.

I'm sure they don't .... although Stern is the 800 pound gorilla when it comes to manufacturing...they just have too many titles their trying to make

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going to put a spot filler in my arcade this weekend.
Haven’t even taken the plastic off yet but can still see the difference between silk screened and ink jet. I’d forgotten how striking the difference can be.
[quoted image]

Did you buy a new replacement playfield?

#1649 2 years ago

Thanks @dakotamike. Added your experience and part # to the FAQ.

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Did you buy a new replacement playfield?

Nah. Just a really nice looking place holder for my game.

I believe in playfield insurance for modern games, especially from the last 5-6 years since most have softer wood and inferior paint/clear. It probably won’t be an issue with a Chicago Gaming playfield but if I need one in 10-15 years, I’m set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.