IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

357 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Flato. You are on page 2 of 2.
#14075 7 years ago

Really thought GB LE would have been almost finished at this point Stern must be waiting in till I go on vacation to deliver mine

#14103 7 years ago

That kid didnt do to bad at all, i thought this was the hardest game since sliced bread?

#14109 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Almost all of the reviews were based on the Pro's.. Not the LE or Premium, which I feel won't be nearly as difficult as the Pro's. They will need to be reviewed from a completely different standpoint then the Pro.
Maybe the video simply proves that the Premium is a much more "user friendly" machine the Pro.

While I agree with you that the prem could be easier do to the mag slings, roaming slimer and right ramp in addition to factory mods to slimer mech and higher outlanes. The real reason I assumed the kid played well on the Prem was probably because he played the pro a bunch and knew the game.

#14140 7 years ago

The pro translite I saw almost looked wavy like it was not pressed flat so glad the LE has an actual backglass

#14147 7 years ago

So are the rumors true about the double coat clear on LE I have heard it both ways.

#14151 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I missed something? I thought the LEs have a coating over the signature....
Love that the LE is actually glass! The artwork, because of the white screening, takes the existing lighting and disburses it more evenly.
There should be a way to help Pros and Premiums light better, without much effort.
Certainly Back box lighting kits, or add ons, be it Home owner strips, or Products we and others have,
But I think if one has the material, an extra layer of maybe Silicone Baking Paper, Wax paper, something added might help these gain a better "glow" and even spread of the lighting....
Just sharing an opinion and seed, that someone might play a bit with there pro, and see if there is any help
from this method....even just a large white sheet of paper?
Thoughts?

Supposedly they clear them then sign then clear again.

#14160 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

While your's looks good, i'll take the backglass in my LE instead.. massive difference.. here is the LE backglass sitting next to the Pro's translite.

Glad we're actually getting something for are extra cash over prem.

So far we have Limited artwork, actual back glass, green powder coat, shaker, double clear? plaque and signatures not to mention a machine worth 10k by christmas

#14167 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Ok I will calm it down. Do you have a recommendation on a subwoofer and who to buy it from?
Thanks

Most people on here say the Polk psw 10in for about a 100$ I like big things and got the psw505 for a he'll of a price 163 off amazon warehouse other good option would be Bic f12
Amazon and new egg are to great places check both sometimes ones cheaper then the other.

#14170 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

One last newbie question? Does the 12 or 10 fit in the hole on the bottom of the unit or do you have an external sub?

External don't bother replacing what's there it's closer to a midrange anyway.

#14215 7 years ago

Just put it on the big screen till halftime is over

#14219 7 years ago

I really wish they had at Ann potts

#14237 7 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Played GB for the first time at Gestalt Bar in SF yesterday. I'd consider myself an intermediate player. After reading much of this thread, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I did. Got a few replays (set at 100 million). A few unforgiving outlane drains, but nothing that felt totally unfair to me. Feels like a great game. The steep right ramp was super difficult, but other than that I experienced plenty of flow. Maybe I was lucky. Not trying to brag here. Just encouraging people to play GB on location.
I contrast, I played a game of Firepower at Free Gold Watch in SF today that lasted less than two minutes!

It's not super steep it's made to feed right flipper.

#14291 7 years ago

The drainfest has begun again live streaming back up

with a ecto cam

#14301 7 years ago

Nice little interview with Trudeau he mentions that Dwight actually started the code on GB before GOT, but stuck with GB too because he really wanted to do it, This should bode well for future code updates which John mentions are coming down the line with some special surprises in store, anyone else thinking a hidden Vigo mode?

#14326 7 years ago

Games exchange mentioned they adjusted flipper angle from yesterday to the original design.

#14334 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I listened to the JT interview. He talks about the flipper position angle at the 12:00 mark. He says most players like to have the top of the flipper lined up with the ball guide that feeds into it, whereas he prefers to have the centerline of the flipper lined up with the ball guide since this gives more shots to the left side. He said this is personal preference and if you want to adjust it there is a screw on the backside to allow this.
The interviewer said they moved the flipper position up yesterday, but changed it back to JT's preferred position today since they realized the shots line up better that way. Watching the live feed the game does seem to play better today.
https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange/v/71899937

Sorry a little late to explain but this post is a 100 percent accurate day 1 they changed the flipper angle away from John's original intent then switched it back for all day today so yes today is factory.

#14335 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Why would they set the flippers any other way? Unless they are lying and set them up easier today so you can cradle the ball with out to much effort to help sell more games.

The original design is harder to cradle then what thay adjusted it to but the original design allows you to make far left and right shots easier I would imagine it must have some small effect on center drains as well.

#14399 7 years ago

Jeez it's one thing after another with this game now the new mod is picking up a second playfield.

#14403 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's just ghosting on a ghost themed game. It's not a fault. It's just very clever theme integration.

Yeah they l will probably just add it to there feature matrix

#14409 7 years ago

The gap should be a 1/4 inch bigger

#14448 7 years ago

The 1700 for the prem over pro seems worth it especially if the prem gets significant additional code for slimer, mag slings and ecto goggles the LE is really all for art/theme the 3k over pro is hard to swallow let alone 5k.

#14478 7 years ago

New making of GB is up on stern Facebook nice little clip seems a lot of passion went into this game makes me really think Dwight is going to knocked this code out of the park.

#14481 7 years ago

Not sure why people say it's pretty much people who have progressed into the game have said there are numerous holes also we know from JT updates are coming with surprises personally I expect more unique code for slimer ecto goggles and Manga slings also thinking a vigo mode at some point maybe with DLC proton streams

#14487 7 years ago

I get creating the art and theme largely around the first but why not have vigo in a hidden mode or hard to get to?

#14521 7 years ago

Carrot flippers, close outlanes, center post, remove tilt can't wait to see what score I can put up

#14548 7 years ago

When I think of JT as the designer I attribute the overall layout to him shots, angles, geometry, but I doubt he actually engineered the slimer mech or told Stern to put to thin of a wire in captive ball area or the exact height the outlanes need to be just like I won't blame JT for . ghosting inserts.

#14588 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

My collection is small as space is limiting me to 3 pins, this one would be the 3rd and so far all my machines are the "family friendly" type HS2 and EATPM. I'm open to something more difficult but TAF is fun and the kids like it what so I don't want to do put down 5K for something they won't play. I'm training the 2nd generation pinheads here so it has to be a homerun.

I would go GB TAF THEN TS although its close between TS and TAF, Personally i have a GBLE coming

#14634 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again.. the context of the posts...
Let's return to the start... and the postulation made..
"I don't know why there's any argument with using carrot flippers. They simply make the gap the same width as the 99% of other pinball machines ever made. If a larger flipper gap was better, why are people not modding their existing machines with shorter flippers? "
Let's re-read the last sentence a few times... and then review the first sentence. kpg's post misses the idea that the game's geometry is not some boilerplate, but is actually the creative output of the designer. There is no right or wrong choice by the designer here.. simply their design.
To your point, maybe in hindsight they may think the choices could have been different or they had a negative impact - but that was the design, and maybe it could have been better. Still different than inferring it's an A or B scenario.. the point is the game's geometry is what the playfield designer works on and the flipper choices are part of that.

I agree basically all the angles the ball falls from down to the flippers was designed with that gap in mind.

#14758 7 years ago

Ghostbusters has hardly been released yet one wave of pros then crickets for weeks, i bet we see a code update this week and some pins start shipping.

#14770 7 years ago

There is no excuse for Stern to not finish code on any game they produce this includes WOF it's embarrassing as a company. Haven said that I don't think it's mandatory to ship with finish code but strong code out the door with additional content, tweaks,code to follow for awhile after taken into account user feedback and some trial and error by Devs is good for me.

#14790 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Usually the rental sucks, so they would probably give you an Avengers or Rolling Stones...

You're being kind only rentals Stern gives out is WOF

#14831 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Do you think Stern would send "problematic" games overseas but fix the issues with North America builds? I can't see them doing that. This seems like a nightmare situation for them. Stern's future reputation hinges on Ghostbuster being received well. Hope it gets worked out.

If they did I'm sure it was not deliberate simply a matter of international werected made first then they caught the mistake later assuming there is a actual problem.

#14989 7 years ago

Nice to see someone get a pin can't wait for them to start shipping stateside.

#14992 7 years ago

Just have to wait and see if it has ghosting inserts

#15029 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat going on vacation next week although if second week in July is correct I guess I'm in the clear.

#15075 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Centre post? Not sure this game needs it.
We played a Pro last night in league, and GB slowed everything down. We had a few guys with games in the billions, 10+ minutes a game, with one game close to 30 minutes.
Last time it will be played in league for sure. Right up there with LotR when a decent player gets on a roll.

#15088 7 years ago

Love that mag slings video not sure what they did but there is no more sensitivity with the top and bottom of the slings time to rock on playing

#15133 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I haven't read through this whole thread but I've seen a lot of talk about flipper gap and center post. Am I correct to assume the flipper gap on this game is larger? How much bigger is it? What is standard?
Also, I have a Spiderman and I like the center post. It can be a bitch if you guess wrong though and it's not dead center! Is the flipper gap on Spiderman larger than normal as well?

It's a 1/4 larger gap

#15137 7 years ago

My only gripe with people nerfing this game is that some people seem to be acting a little premature put ample time on it first then nerf accordingly if your putting carrot flippers and a center post without giving it a go for a minute it just seems wrong. After playing it and deciding it's not to your liking do whatever you want.

#15190 7 years ago

Someone please measure GB gap then compared to another Trudeau title

#15231 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, you are going to love what I have done!
Because of the gap, I changed to banana flippers!
and because of the bricks from Scoleri Bros, I added a Pop up Center Post, the Pops whenever the targets pop up.
Now, just in case a ball should have the "balls" to center drain, I drilled and added a center post!
Moved the outlanes to almost closed, and added extra rubber....
Now, I think Ive got it covered!

1 week later
#15385 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I asked John T. himself if he thought more ghost were coming for the ecto Goggles.
He said he did not think so and no more were planned at this time.
I do hope he is wrong though.

Something tells me he was using

#15486 7 years ago

Keep hoping to get the call for my LE all I can do for now is keeping thinking about mods to add, now I am thinking new back box speakers anyone else doing this?

#15488 7 years ago

I find it odd he would change his gap size to me it's suppose to be his signature and should be the same on every game, honestly if I were Stern I don't think I would want him randomly changing the gap size game to game.

#15491 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That's like saying "I don't want the Pop Bumpers to be in a different spot from game to game."
If Stern made broad requirements like that, their games would start to feel the same.
Designer's prerogative.

Yet the gap is identical on every game that's not Trudeau

#15520 7 years ago

Don't really care for 3d but got tickets for tonight with atmos sound

#15530 7 years ago

2019 female vault edition

#15601 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It seems pinballlife is out of stock. Does anybody were to get them.

They were imported from Europe not sure if he is getting more, mod father makes one to but not sure if it works on le

#15606 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, youll still get airballs and lane jumps with the raised outlane rails.
This kit from PBL does cut it down to a minimum, and I like the look of the green.
The Super bands, did seem to make it easier to catch and dead catch a ball. and if you wish to install the clear, you can add the top mounted center post. In doing this, yes, the game is easier, with SDTM bounce outs, but I find it is more fun, and when it bounces out
in multiball and is grabbed as part of the magna sling, its another cool ghostly affect!
Easy enough to remove, if needed. My only Caveat is the center post screw supplied was the incorrect size, and I had to hunt one down.
I havent tried Chucks, but I am sure he has tested it very well, and would also and help and looks to the game. Love his work, too!
Airballs are everywhere, and I think both these issues are a testament to the speed of the game.
Hit something hard enough, and it launches almost anywhere in the game.
Hit the outlanes too fast, and over it goes!
Added a nice layer of P21S Wax, and raised the back a little more as its screaming fast!

What pitch do you have it set at?

#15649 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I spoke with Stern; and it looks like I have to replace Node Board 8. Both Stern and my local Distributor were very quick to respond.
Hopefully, this will do the trick.
Thanks for the feedback.

So I guess Stern will be sending you the board? Is this a pretty easy fix? Also you might want to put this in the GB issue thread for future reference.

#15653 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Not sure if this was posted yet. Stern facebook page showing factory floor. Mostly MET, and ST, but some GE LE. Looks like it posted on Friday
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10154319824944244/?type=2&theater

Yeah saw that Fri no premium GB anywhere and some think there rolling out soon

#15690 7 years ago

A ghost hooker

#15694 7 years ago

There was a ghost hooker in the first film having fun with Dan akroyd

#15790 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, it comes with the kit now, and Terry is selling that.
Maybe he can bring some of those in, or Tim, someone else with a 3D printer, can make or improve on it, to have these available here.
I added an extra ball, and have found no issues yet......

I already bought the pbl life kit but before this was added would like to this or something similar available.

#15806 7 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Have any premiums shipped yet?

At this rate probably not till september no joke

#15810 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have mirror blades, and if you have OCD, I would not recommend them for this game.
The amount of airballs after 100 games, that have hit the middle right side and other places, now has plenty
of dings. They are noticeable. If you think this will bother you, stay with printed.
For me, it bothers me enough to buy a $3.00 tube of green slime from China to see if I can slame that area!

I would hate to see a bunch of dings in mirror blades maybe could wait awhile to but them on if the game settles down a bit?

#15813 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The day has finally come!!!
#76 in the house!!!
Can't wait.

Nice can see how it compares to the hobbit now

#15815 7 years ago

is the perceived wobbliness because of sterns newer leg protectors?

#15824 7 years ago

Big question is if it just thinner metal legs, from what I understand the weight should be 250lb

#15859 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think the Ghost target should require someone to hit it 5 times to spell G*H*O*S*T, then hit a Slimer hologram on the right ramp to start a 2 ball Slimer Multiball. Slimer would then come down, and you can then hit the right ramp or even the orbits to build a value - then hit Slimer to collect that value that you have built up. He could even Slime the playfield then the more you clean up, and cash in by hitting him again for jackpots. I think that would be a great easy multiball, and since the GHOST target is so risky, adds risk/reward to starting the "easy multiball". Casual players just walking up see the flashing Ghost LED's and its easy to figure out, since Slimer is a central component of the game.

I like this idea, also I assume no ghosting on inserts?

#15870 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Got my pinball universe kit today from PBL... Does not contain the captive ball wireframe fix

That stinks really hope someone offers this.

#15887 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Am I the only one who dislikes this green center post kit?
I think I'll play the game as the designer intended, and not strap on any ugly ass kits with center posts to make the game easier.

I bought the kit for the outlane ball hoping have zero plans of useing center post.

#15933 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Crossing my fingers for more content! Didn't someone dig into the files in Pinsound or something? I'd be curious to see what's waiting.

People have there are a ton of call outs in pin sound

#15934 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.
I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.
But this is crap. 3 inserts ghosted over night, and it looks like shit.
The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.
Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.
I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

Damn that sucks have you checked to see build date of playfield?

#15940 7 years ago

I could live with the extra ball ghosting but everything else is bullshit thought Stern would have this fixed in july.

#15953 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's crazy how fast the inserts are getting worse.
Compare this pic I just took, to the pic I posted earlier. I can't imagine what it will look like in a couple days

Yikes

#15962 7 years ago

Rumor has it that a bunch are suppose to be built this week's at this point I hope that's not true

#15964 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Me too ... bummer. Just checked and saw same. My PF was born on July 7th. Game on July 14th

How long have you had it?

#15989 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is a good theory. If I were receiving a GBLE or any new stern in the next few weeks I'd disable the shaker motor for the first couple weeks or not play the pin and let this new piss poor method of clear coating more time to cure.

This is what I am thinking at the moment at least disable shaker but may just not playet for a month and let it cure but that is going to be hard.......

#16017 7 years ago

Maybe there is something to this shaker causing the ghosting

#16025 7 years ago

I would be in for a group buy or maybe someone with a 3d printer could make one?

#16034 7 years ago

Wife is going to think I'm nuts if I set my GBLE up and tell her no one can play it for a month.

#16116 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yep. Here it is.

What's the build date?

#16126 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Why did i buy a nib stern gble? Because i did not get screwed hard enough by jpoop with alice in wonderland...
I might as well start giving my money to random people on the street...
After my vacation i go pick up my gble at my distro's and now i am afraid to pull it out of the box!
Me sad..

Don't worry it will look good out of box but two days after.......

1 week later
#16285 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I thought it was interesting that the last Facebook Stern video shows their Ghostbusters with Carrot Flippers installed.

Yeah that pretty ridiculous, wouldn't it be crazy if later run GB's had a normal gap

#16315 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

If perhaps Dwight does take a look at this thread...here is an idea. I loved the update for WWE that gave different perks for each wrestler. I also think that choosing your house in GOT adds great strategy. What if you could pick your mentor Ghostbuster? Maybe Egon would add extra PKE or Venkman could give you one free "wrong" answer for Neg Re. Winston might add an extra 3x bonus multiplier before skill shot. Ray could start with more ghosts lit and could light an extra one or two with captive ball shot.
I know, I know...the callouts have Winston guiding us through the game. I don't think that would need tweaked and I don't want to take anything away from the work that Mr. Hudson put into the game.
Just planting seeds!

Nice idea

#16357 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ghostbusters New Game Code V1.12 just posted!!!!!

Nice

#16358 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ghostbusters New Game Code V1.12 just posted!!!!!

Link

#16361 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm not seeing it either. Funny, when you click on th GB Pro code link - you get a TILT page. ...so maybe it was posted, then yanked really quickly?

Maybe.....

#16364 7 years ago

Now I have to keep checking Steens site over and over

#16378 7 years ago

Like the second one better, crazy though

#16538 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Big thanks to everyone sharing your tips for keeping the PF protected and the DIY mods.
Now if only I could get my damn GB Premium shipped.
Any word yet?

#16577 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When are the premiums going to be hitting the distributors, one tells me August maybe mid sept another tells me nov/dec. any ideas?

GoING to be later then sooner not even sure I am going to get my LE in august

#16587 7 years ago

Got the call about 12hrs ago GBLE is shipping out tommrow had heard rumors of another delay but I guess that is not the case. Can't wait despite the chance of PF defects.

#16609 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Finally got my new GB LE number 262 arrived today after pre ordering in start march it been 5 long months after spending NZ $15K thats how much it cost get to new zealand. its my first NIB machine and going be my last one lol

Gotta ask did you check for ghosting?

#16685 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My experience has been the same. The left scoop would feed the tip of the right flipper when I first got the game, then progressed into middle drains nearly every time. Increasing the coil strength gave the same result. Setting the coil strength to "18" has worked for me to feed the left flipper consistently and I'm okay with it that way.

I did the same thing have it at 23 still annoying because I feel it should go to the right

#16690 7 years ago

They have to do extremely little play testing can't believe how many issues that are pretty easy to fix GB is shipping with.

Slimer mechanism
Slimer draging
Captive ball bending
Air balls off the multipliers
Airballs off multipliers

Some have been fixed at factory already but really no excuss why any of these problems shipped then there's that flipper gap which somehow made it to the final build
Left scoop not firing right

#16715 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Played a few games on an LE at Flippers arcade in NC. Couple of thoughts, mismatched side rails & no ghosting I could see. Couple of crazy air balls and Lane jumping as expected.
Wife & daughter liked it but really didn't like the flipper gap to the point they didn't want to put anymore money in the machine.
I think I would prefer the carrot flippers over the add on center post.

The center gap is passing me off but trying to get use to it without modifying what makes me even madder is that he made it larger the his other gaps really don't get that.

#16718 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Maybe to Pinheads who are examining such things....casual player? No way.

Have you played it??? It's noticeably way bigger then the normal gap it's even bigger then Trudeau normal large gap

#16719 7 years ago

To add further it's not just stdm and nudgeing it changes ball handling alot and on top of that the flippers have a unusual angel

#16733 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can't figure this out, some say 15 second ball times and then I see people putting up scores of 24 billion...

Did the 24 billion have closed outlanes center post and carrot flippers with tilt off

#16741 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Totally agree with KPG, Flato and others who find this pin to be a challenging experience. I find this the most difficult game I've personally ever owned.
Now in saying that, it's still a blast to play!

It's a blast to play when things start clicking together I love it but right now thats like 1 in 30 games going to keep going at it stock for awhile though . Think I have friends coming this weekend who have a hard time with scared stiff this should be interesting especially when that had a few beers

#16753 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have the center post / outlane mod installed in my GBLE and it's still challenging as hell. Like all Trudeau games, multiball is a bitch and a half to keep going.
I find the Trudeau game on any game to be a horrible idea. If you see that ball traveling down the middle, chances are you just can't nudge and deflect the ball from one flipper tip to the other.
Couple this with the worst outlane drains ever created, and I agree, you're going to send many people over to Theatre of Magic.

The Trudeau gap on this game is suppose to be even larger then his others

#16780 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I do wish there was more multiball, the code could be tweaked a bit and this game would be even better

Yeah would like a 2 ball slimer MB I have a hard time getting the containment unit MB but have been getting better.

#16787 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I was under the impression that pinball designers were supposed to create missed shots that punish the player to drain the ball in pinball, No? I know that my 1980 Bally Frontier has lots of punishing shots in it and if you don't nudge it when it is bouncing in the slings you are pretty much guaranteed an outlane drain.

Now the designers just put a for size gap in the middle so the don't have to worry about shot geometry.

#16875 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I for sure thought I would want one but it turns out that it is not as bad as described. I played a few games on the Pro before I received my LE and thought it would be too difficult for my kids and that I would need carrot flippers and the center post mod. After owning Ghostbusters for several weeks, it is actually not that bad and it makes the game unique with a feature different from most games. The scoring matrix on this game is set high and scoring in the high millions and into the billions is not a very difficult task on a good game. I really am enjoying Ghostbusters and it looks like it could be a keeper. For everyone concerned with quality issues I understand, but if you want a great game that is fun to play and gets your heart racing Ghostbusters is awesome!

Wife's not liking GB at the moment because of gap and drains but I told her she needs to play more and it won't be so bad only game she really has played is scared stiff so hopefully she will adjust or I will have to modify something....

#16911 7 years ago

this is the link this is what i use as well on my scared stiff seems to work great they do have a more expensive version but have not tried it or seen anyone who has https://www.amazon.com/P21S-12700W-Carnauba-Wax/dp/B002LOP5E4/ref=sr_1_1

#16915 7 years ago

What flipper rubber are people useing? I've got titan competitions and find it hard to get control and get the ball on the right flipper which seems to be more important for shots.

1 week later
#16983 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

ColorDMD has warned that there is no guarantee that a display bought now will work if/when they release GB. If you're OK with that, go for it and enjoy!

This when there guarantee or come out with a new version that will support spike I will get one even if GB color is not available yet.

#16992 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Me LE is tuned in and ready to go!
I've got 60-80 games on my LE so far and I've spent a lot of time tweaking and trying different things. At first glance this pin is just beautiful, but good games for the average player are few and far in between. Even though on factory settings it is brutal in my opinion, I was still left wanting one more game. Now that it's super tuned, just love it. Time to work on modes and not work on tuning.
Air ball plastic-
This is a must on this pin(Le/Premium), It should be standard equipment, I'd recommend getting this before ever putting a game on in the first place. They are available now, I know that Art"oldpinguy" is sellling these and there is one other.
Angle-
6.5 degrees is what has worked for me. I've tried 7 degrees at first, but in the end went to 6.5 degrees and that's where it will stay
Flippers-
I tried moving them up, in an attempt to stop air balls before I had an air ball deflector plastic and this didn't work, made the left and right PKE shots and stand up targets too difficult to hit, taking away from the game. I was warned, guess I was wrong.
Bought the extended length Carrot Flippers and aligned them like it was from the factory. That little bit extra makes all the difference, really! Highly recommend. I tried to take some pictures, but tough to get perspective due to camera angle.
Center post kit-
Thought I had to have this originally. I don't feel this kit is necessary given longer flippers and other adjustments I've made. This from an average player.
Subways-
Right Subway eject- noticed drains off of right slingshot and turned power down to 20
Left Subway eject- not enough power turned up to 60
Magna Slings-
Left at factory setting, I believe was 32. Tried 28, not enought there to really show off the feature, 36 was too much although still a lot fun. This feature alone brings this pin up to a different level in my opinion.
Coil Power-
I moved mine down to soft, I can make every shot without issue and the normal power seemed a bit much in my opinion
Left side Captive ball-
I noticed the plastic was down a bit low, enough where I could see ball marks on it. Also I noticed the gate would sometimes not let a ball in due to being stopped by the plastic being too low. I ended up placing one washer on the top right bolt right under the plastic. I also bent the wire gate top up a little bit now that there was more room underneath, took balls out(really dirty and finger printed) replaced with new ones and waxed area underneath. no more issues there
Out lane posts-
For the average player move them to narrow setting-Heck, maybe even for the good player.
Drains from out lanes over the rails-
It happens occasionally, more in multi ball(less now that game is at 6.5 degrees), but not an issue that's really needing to be addressed at this time as it's just not that frequent.
Other adjustments:
Left ramp switch was not registering 100%, little bend and it was good to go
Left wire form ramp wanted to drain on exit sometimes-it just needed to be moved as it was hitting washer
Conclusion:
All NIB pinbs need tweaking to get super tuned. Center drains from left pops still occur, but it's manageable, longer flippers help catch some of those. Stay away from hitting the ghost target and right stand up target at left ramp at the wrong angle and all will be good. Time to focus on beating modes...

They come in white too

#17005 7 years ago

Just played a pro for the first time tonight since receiving my LE gotta say the upgrades are well worth it.

#17019 7 years ago

Dumb question do new stern games come with there leg protectors?

#17021 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Plastic ones now. Work great.
LTG : )

Do they come pre installed on the legs?

4 weeks later
#17282 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

- Added TIME OUT MODES Adjustment; When a mode times out it will not require
the player to restart it. It will not relight modes.
Does this mean if I don't finish Gozer the Gozerian in time, it'll just let me move on to Staypuft Marshmallow man the next time I get to start a scene ?

Yup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Belle River, ON
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
357 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Flato. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/2?tu=Flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.