IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 360.
#14201 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If people's initial impressions are bad enough, they may not want to come back and get to know the table.

I can totally believe that.

Quoted from iceman44:Is it fun? I can't really tell from this.
It's a middle drain monster. Unreal how bad it is.

Its a blast when you know the table but obviously from video its a real bummer when you dont know anything about the table. When the ball comes out of the bumpers left side you need to bump the table or it will drain down center almost everytime.

#14202 7 years ago

#14203 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its a blast when you know the table but obviously from video its a real bummer when you dont know anything about the table. When the ball comes out of the bumpers left side you need to bump the table or it will drain down center almost everytime.

I get that it's about setup and breaking it in but this is ridiculous.

#14204 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get that it's about setup and breaking it in but this is ridiculous.

It is a bit ridiculous how bad people are doing on it. GameXchange guy said earlier the Pro table is harder but im not sure now. Maybe the magna slings and slimer moving makes the Premium harder for people. Hope i dont regret selling my Pro to buy a Premium.

#14205 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

It is a bit ridiculous how bad people are doing on it. GameXchange guy said earlier the Pro table is harder but im not sure now. Maybe the magna slings and slimer moving makes the Premium harder for people. Hope i dont regret selling my Pro to buy a Premium.

Is anybody else watching this?

I'm almost 3 hours in and its hard to believe.

Anything up the middle on a miss is a drain. Heads are shaking every single player. And you can factor in other cheap middle drains.

My TWDLE was hard initially but this is wtf.

The outlanes and closing them down will have minimal effect. The center drains are really hard to believe.

#14206 7 years ago

Even dorky dude with the pin chick groupies had a hard time. Props to him!

#14207 7 years ago

Im watching now. The game is brutal on your first few attempts thats for sure but after logging more plays you learn the table style. Definitely brutal at the beginning..I am speaking of my experience on the pro though. The premium I can't say.

#14208 7 years ago

And pinball pro Dave is doing the head shaker. 185 mill and he's really good.

#14209 7 years ago

Has this been covered before?

What happens to No Ghosting Bulbs in a Ghost Buster Game?

(insert punchline)

#14210 7 years ago

3 hrs and 20 mins in, momma with little pin kid is awesome!

Momma pretty good.

#14211 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The amount of center drains is unreal. This pin needs some breaking in.

I wonder where they could put one of those wire spring things like the one on Avatar.

#14212 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If people's initial impressions are bad enough, they may not want to come back and get to know the table.

Especially at $1 a play.

#14213 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Has this been covered before?
What happens to No Ghosting Bulbs in a Ghost Buster Game?
(insert punchline)

They get "trapped".

#14215 7 years ago

Just put it on the big screen till halftime is over

#14216 7 years ago

GB Pro translight

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14217 7 years ago

Over 4 hours in and even the "go pro" filming dorky boys couldn't get it going. Red shirt flamed out but his partner did ok with almost 200 mill.

This is the GB thread until it gets "real" I guess. What a F ing crock.

#14218 7 years ago

I just wonder how they made a machine about a funny kid's movie so completely... humorless?? Are there *any* funny call outs in this game at all?

In fact there seem to be almost no call outs at all... just 80's style music with some public domain sound effects (like the guitar pick scratch). Did Stern have to pay per sound clip or what? The lack of voices in this during gameplay is really noticeable.

Hudson sounds like he is channeling some William Shatner at one point... Get.the.extra.ball!

Funny watching people trying this out for the first time... you can tell they *want* to like it and then when they lose the ball repeatedly after 10 or 20 seconds they get this completely confused look on their face. "Is it supposed to be like this?"

#14219 7 years ago

I really wish they had at Ann potts

#14220 7 years ago

Definitely going to max out the ball save for sure. I got a multi ball pretty easily on the pro on my second game. Def a challenging looking game but that's what I want in my home.

#14221 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

While your's looks good, i'll take the backglass in my LE instead.. massive difference.. here is the LE backglass sitting next to the Pro's translite.

Maybe it's the flash or lighting but the black on the speaker panel look washed out on the game on the right. While the black looks richer on the speaker panel on the game to the left. This leads me to believe there either was some tampering with the image or the outside lighting is only washing out the right side.

#14222 7 years ago

Really laggy for me sadly. Guess I'm just going to have to wait it out. So from what I gather it is a drain monster. Hope that doesn't translate into just frustration instead of fun. Really looking forward to the LE but starting to get somewhat nervous.

#14223 7 years ago

Closed twitch and reopened and now streaming great. Doesn't look easy. So hard to get a feel for the game by just watching though IMO.

#14224 7 years ago

Wow, looks like a lot of negative nancy attitudes going down. It's a pinball game, remember?!? It's a game! Games are fun! It's tough, but that's a good thing. What's most important is that the game is a blast to play. It's a true work of art, and the added features really makes it shine. I played one last time before leaving and yes, it did kick my ass, but I loved every minute of it.

#14225 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Wow, looks like a lot of negative nancy attitudes going down. It's a pinball game, remember?!? It's a game! Games are fun! It's tough, but that's a good thing. What's most important is that the game is a blast to play. It's a true work of art, and the added features really makes it shine. I played one last time before leaving and yes, it did kick my ass, but I loved every minute of it.

Haha ..Amen to that bro.. I can't wait to get my GREEN piece of shit L.E deliverd and have me some fun with cheap drains and what ever else

#14226 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I just wonder how they made a machine about a funny kid's movie so completely... humorless?? Are there *any* funny call outs in this game at all?
In fact there seem to be almost no call outs at all... just 80's style music with some public domain sound effects (like the guitar pick scratch). Did Stern have to pay per sound clip or what? The lack of voices in this during gameplay is really noticeable.
Hudson sounds like he is channeling some William Shatner at one point... Get.the.extra.ball!
Funny watching people trying this out for the first time... you can tell they *want* to like it and then when they lose the ball repeatedly after 10 or 20 seconds they get this completely confused look on their face. "Is it supposed to be like this?"

I'm starting to know what you mean sadly. I've been wondering what is mssing from the game but what you described above is it. I think the issue is that the games modes lack enough funny callouts from the films.

For example the "Who brought the dog" mode could have way more call outs from Louis Tully at his party (should be the start of the mode) to him running away and then callouts when he's talking to the guy operating the horse carriage. Hell if you drain during that mode have the game could say the "Wow, what an as*hole" line that the horse carriage guy says, lol. Right now a lot of the games modes feel like they lack substance and overall I think that makes the game feel slightly empty.

#14227 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Yea I agree .....twd was known for the same kind of things but its one my favorite pins and loved by many people now also bc of the unconventional layout and being a drain monster/difficult. These things to me make a pin shine in a home use environment

#14228 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is anybody else watching this?
I'm almost 3 hours in and its hard to believe.
Anything up the middle on a miss is a drain. Heads are shaking every single player. And you can factor in other cheap middle drains.
The outlanes and closing them down will have minimal effect. The center drains are really hard to believe.

Some people have been saying this for some time.

Some people didn't want to listen.

I watched the stream for 15 minutes. Best score I saw was 12m. Everyone else was bang bang bang you're out of here buddy!!

rd

#14229 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm starting to know what you mean sadly. I've been wondering what is mssing from the game but what you described above is it. I think the issue is that the games modes lack enough funny callouts from the films.
For example the "Who brought the dog" mode could have way more call outs from Louis Tully at his party (should be the start of the mode) to him running away and then callouts when he's talking to the guy operating the horse carriage. Hell if you drain during that mode have the game could say the "Wow, what an as*hole" line that the horse carriage guy says, lol. Right now a lot of the games modes feel like they lack substance and overall I think that makes the game feel slightly empty.

Yeah you would think it would be LOADED with funny quips from the movie but there is just... silence. I thought it would be full of personality considering the source.

There's something wrong when Buzz and Bud have a massive amount of one-liners from a game almost 20 years old and this has almost none.

Maybe they really did have to pay per line... otherwise why not fill the space with constant call-outs from the movie (s)???

#14230 7 years ago

I'm surprised nothing funny happens during the modes, there aren't really any visual gags or anything, let alone callouts (except for the guy going "GET THE EXTRA BALL", which sounds super out of place). I kinda get what they're going for ("be a ghostbuster!") but dang, no laughs at all? Sometimes I think Stern doesn't even have any writers at all given how unfunny their games are, but dang, this is Ghostbusters, step up to the plate!

#14231 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some people have been saying this for some time.
Some people didn't want to listen.
I watched the stream for 15 minutes. Best score I saw was 12m. Everyone else was bang bang bang you're out of here buddy!!
rd

Some funny/sad stuff in that stream. Saw a Dad and his kid... kid's up first - *instantly* loses the ball down the middle and you can see him cursing.
Then Dad gets a shot... starts shaking the machine around...he's gonna KICK SOME ASS!! - then HE instantly loses the ball down the middle. Now they're BOTH cursing away

I get that we all like a tough game for the home...TWD is my ultimate fav. But the average guy sees this game with almost childish amount of color on the PF, hears the bouncy GB music and expects a TAF-like good time. Instead he gets these 20 sec ball times.

Could you imagine if they had a designer make a fun but forgiving layout to go with the art and music? Hell Stern would NEVER quit selling them.

Sure it might not be the machine for OUR homes but it could have made money rain on Stern for a decade.

#14232 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Instead he gets these 20 sec ball times

I've said it before, i don't think this game will do well out on location (after the pin guys stop playing it when they get their own machines)

When Joe Public drops $1 or $2 into a machine and the whole thing lasts 1 minute and nothing really happens, except they get their ass kicked, they're not going to put any more money in it. They move along to the next thing.

rd

#14233 7 years ago

Finally got to the play the pro. I loved it, but my wife hated it. She said it was to difficult. I got into a great rythem after awhile and the difficulty level will be GREAT at home, but yeah I spent a ton of money on location learning the layout.

#14234 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've said it before, i don't think this game will do well out on location (after the pin guys stop playing it when they get their own machines)
When Joe Public drops $1 or $2 into a machine and the whole thing lasts 1 minute and nothing really happens, except they get their ass kicked, they're not going to put any more money in it. They move along to the next thing.
rd

I 100% agree and the other guys playing pinball around me tried to discourage me from playing GB because of cost

#14235 7 years ago

Played GB for the first time at Gestalt Bar in SF yesterday. I'd consider myself an intermediate player. After reading much of this thread, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I did. Got a few replays (set at 100 million). A few unforgiving outlane drains, but nothing that felt totally unfair to me. Feels like a great game. The steep right ramp was super difficult, but other than that I experienced plenty of flow. Maybe I was lucky. Not trying to brag here. Just encouraging people to play GB on location.

I contrast, I played a game of Firepower at Free Gold Watch in SF today that lasted less than two minutes!

#14236 7 years ago

I've had a couple okay games on GB, and it's great when you're in the groove, but my poor non-pinball-playing husband spent about thirty unfortunate seconds with it and then went right back to Funhouse. It really is going to wallop your average non-player, which is a shame! Hopefully the mods will help on location, because the theme is such a huge draw.

#14237 7 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Played GB for the first time at Gestalt Bar in SF yesterday. I'd consider myself an intermediate player. After reading much of this thread, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I did. Got a few replays (set at 100 million). A few unforgiving outlane drains, but nothing that felt totally unfair to me. Feels like a great game. The steep right ramp was super difficult, but other than that I experienced plenty of flow. Maybe I was lucky. Not trying to brag here. Just encouraging people to play GB on location.
I contrast, I played a game of Firepower at Free Gold Watch in SF today that lasted less than two minutes!

It's not super steep it's made to feed right flipper.

#14238 7 years ago

Just got back from the game exchange show and I was on the stream u saw , but won't point out which guy =)

I'm cancelling my GB order after playing it

I've played the pro and did not like it, was hoping premium changes would make me like it

Sorry but this theme is great , I've always wanted a Ghostbuster's pin !

John Trudeau really messed this table up. I wish it was a Ritchie table . Unbelievably poor design that is NOT fun like pinball should be but rather just irritating and frustrating watching the ball hope over the inlanes right to the outlanes and also down the middles even out of the pops .

Mag slings are horrible ! Dead bounces and they will even shoot down the middle or stop dead in tracks between the huge gap and screw you

The flipper gap wasn't needed and how the play testers left this design is shocking because the rest of the machine is also difficult not in a FUN way but in a way that makes you think , why design a fun slapstick theme like Ghostbuster's and make it play even harder and more frustrating then a zombie horror survival game like walking dead ? It's much harder simply because the drains are very bad and pisses people off. Code also wears because of the way the modes start. Just a bad combination of the design and software for this . Absolutely no combo potential that feels satisfying and too many pauses with that dumb Tobin book

I talked with many people at the show and seriously out of 15+ people that we discussed this game with said Trudeau just didn't do a great job , someone else like Ritchie would have made a great machine with this theme and it's unfortunate Trudeau was in charge of this one as his gimmicky flipper gap just put the nail in the coffin as far as fun goes . No one said the game was fun .. Only that it pisses you off and that who would spend money for such a short ball time ?

Sorry I'm moving on from this , the theme is cool but stern assigned the wrong guys for the job here

#14239 7 years ago

Thanks, Flato.

Jeffpins, your post has me thinking that GB must be especially prone to differences per table. Kinda like modern Fender guitars. One plays great, same model right next to it is a regular canoe oar.

#14240 7 years ago

I do know the second the table is off-balance it gets about fifty times harder.

#14241 7 years ago

Wow. I was feeling a little conflicted about having canceled my order but now I feel better. I hope this game gets better but dang... where's the fun?

#14242 7 years ago

Geez some of these reviews are pretty harsh. I think the fact that pinside as a collective hyped the pinball up to an instant classic, an instant top 10 can ONLY lead to dissapointment. People where creating an unbelievable hype train and down voting anyone that had anything negative to say about the pin.

Now, surprise surprise, the pin cannot live up to the insane expectations that where set.

Lower your standards and then you cannot be disappointed

#14243 7 years ago

well, we're just human, and quite logical, some will love it, some will hate it, simple as that
no need to bash that guy which is not thinking same as you

i do love the pin, the theme, the way it plays and how its coded (even if more than few things need to be done)
i'm a good player (well i think), and yes, let's admit the game is very difficult & frustrating, but as home user, you can quite easily "correct" that (outlanes/ball jump & flipper gap) and set-up the game in a easy way, to than enjoy it home...

for those with only few games on it, its hard to read about few things, as you dont know what to do, and how to do it
and yes, just flipping hasardous on this pinball will not give you satisfaction, advance in the game, & great score...

just few examples :

- the main shots (mode) : with the 3 major shots (the "ladders"), you'll have to think how collect the shots, but more important how to finish the mode to be ready to directly start the next one (on the same ladder to reach WCWS)

- get the MB (left ramp) right when you want it and not when you didnt need it

- the PF multiplier : a perfect trap to launch it when you dont want it !!! as these are situated at the base of the left ramp, needeed shot to get the MB

well, for sure, this game need to be tested (again & again) before considering a buy (or not)
and yes, its brutal, hard, and in most of the time, frustrating... but so rewarding when you could master it and/or having a good game

#14244 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Just got back from the game exchange show and I was on the stream u saw , but won't point out which guy =)
I'm cancelling my GB order after playing it
I've played the pro and did not like it, was hoping premium changes would make me like it
Sorry but this theme is great , I've always wanted a Ghostbuster's pin !
John Trudeau really messed this table up. I wish it was a Ritchie table . Unbelievably poor design that is NOT fun like pinball should be but rather just irritating and frustrating watching the ball hope over the inlanes right to the outlanes and also down the middles even out of the pops .
Mag slings are horrible ! Dead bounces and they will even shoot down the middle or stop dead in tracks between the huge gap and screw you
The flipper gap wasn't needed and how the play testers left this design is shocking because the rest of the machine is also difficult not in a FUN way but in a way that makes you think , why design a fun slapstick theme like Ghostbuster's and make it play even harder and more frustrating then a zombie horror survival game like walking dead ? It's much harder simply because the drains are very bad and pisses people off. Code also wears because of the way the modes start. Just a bad combination of the design and software for this . Absolutely no combo potential that feels satisfying and too many pauses with that dumb Tobin book
I talked with many people at the show and seriously out of 15+ people that we discussed this game with said Trudeau just didn't do a great job , someone else like Ritchie would have made a great machine with this theme and it's unfortunate Trudeau was in charge of this one as his gimmicky flipper gap just put the nail in the coffin as far as fun goes . No one said the game was fun .. Only that it pisses you off and that who would spend money for such a short ball time ?
Sorry I'm moving on from this , the theme is cool but stern assigned the wrong guys for the job here

It will be interesting to see how sensitive people get about this review. A couple here have had full blown panic attacks whenever a review like this has been posted. Bummer to hear either way. I cancelled my LE a while back due to concerns like yours. Still have premium on order but won't take delivery until I've put in some good ball time.

#14246 7 years ago

I am super stoked out of my brain! A reseller had someone back out of an LE when they were asked to pay up. So I got it! I Paid in full, told it's to ship around the 20th! I CANNOT WAIT! BUSTING OUT OF MY BRAIN EXCITED!

#14247 7 years ago

Sounds like a bunch of people are backing out, which is fine with me, will get my Premium sooner!

#14248 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My TWDLE was hard initially but this is wtf.

There's not a lot of side to side action - it's mostly vertical - which is why there's so many SDTM drains. Magna slings not throwing the ball around as much as regular slings, the vertical sling angle, and a relatively wide open playfield? Combined with wide flipper gap.

Edit: looks like most drains coming from the left pop exit or the ghost shot.

#14249 7 years ago

I'm going to wait to play the Premium on location, if I like it I may buy one, otherwise my money may be going to Alien.

#14250 7 years ago

I've played the Pro version quite a bit in a Beercade in Chicago, it was a blast. I am looking forward to owning an LE of this, will be great in my collection. I don't care what others say, I enjoy playing it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/285 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.