IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 360.
#15501 7 years ago

My fishtales has lightning flippers....I think it might be to easy with out them.

#15502 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

My fishtales has lightning flippers....I think it might be to easy with out them.

It was not designed for them, but people use them, just like the carrot flippers on GB

#15503 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was not designed for them, but people use them, just like the carrot flippers on GB

Man, FT, BSD, and DW without lightning flippers are snoozers. Much better with them. Some games need that extra edge added to them to keep you on your toes. BSD and DW are fantastic games with the lightning flippers in place.

#15504 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Man, FT, BSD, and DW without lightning flippers are snoozers. Much better with them. Some games need that extra edge added to them to keep you on your toes. BSD and DW are fantastic games with the lightning flippers in place.

Agreed...but those are all modeless games.
I would guess that lightning flippers were added after test locations audit data showed that they were too easy.

#15505 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I would guess that lightning flippers were added after test locations audit data showed that they were too easy.

No, big operator in France wanted to decrease ball times and pressured them on to FT after most of the game had been designed.

#15506 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, big operator in France wanted to increase ball times and pressured them on to FT after most of the game had been designed.

Don't you mean decrease ball times ? Smaller flipper, bigger gap, shorter ball times.

LTG : )

#15507 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't you mean decrease ball times ? Smaller flipper, bigger gap, shorter ball times.
LTG : )

Fixed, thanks.

#15508 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed...but those are all modeless games.

According to former WMS employees retelling of events (in particular I recall hearing about this on the old TOP podcast a couple of times), they were added because a specific European operator that bought many containers full of games, wanted shorter ball times.

#15509 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

According to former WMS employees retelling of events...

it was Mark Ritchie.

#15510 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

According to former WMS employees retelling of events (in particular I recall hearing about this on the old TOP podcast a couple of times), they were added because a specific European operator that bought many containers full of games, wanted shorter ball times.

There ya go...well, again, in any case - my point remains. Those are games with simple goals outside of multiball(s). Short ball times totally make sense and work well for those games.

#15511 7 years ago

This was a pretty good laugh.

#15512 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My Pro for my business is being delivered Monday.
FedEx picked it up this morning.
Looking forward to putting some time in on this game finally.

I need to find time to go dump some money in that Pro next week.

#15513 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Keep hoping to get the call for my LE all I can do for now is keeping thinking about mods to add, now I am thinking new back box speakers anyone else doing this?

The first mod you should think about is a Spike power distribution board for powering my green Leg Light-Ups......which would be your second mod.

#15514 7 years ago

Played a GBle for the first time a few days ago, and I was really blown away by it. Here's a crazy fact. I totally FORGOT about the magnaslings!!? It wasn't until my 2nd ball when they did something strange that I realized, "Oh ya!!! Magnaslings!!??". They seem to play a little deader in general when they aren't doing crazy pulse effects.

In other news. Not trolling here... Honest!! I just saw the new film and it's actually really good. It's filled with reverent nostalgic nods to the original, but also has a personality of its own, and it's filled with actually funny lines. The FX are incredible too. Plus, there are some amazing kick ass action scenes. Don't want to derail the thread about this, but I would encourage you to see it. I'm glad I did.

#15515 7 years ago

I also enjoyed the new movie more than I expected. And the 3D effect is really well implemented!

#15516 7 years ago

Hey Folks,

Greetz from Good Ol' Germany!

I have two lil' questions to all LE-Owners:

My GB LE came with no water spirit level bubble. As I have seen GB Pro with levels installed I wonder if Stern has forgotten Mine (or am I too dumb to find it? Help me out in that case; thx!)...Right beside the shooter lane there's nothing!

I have big Problems with My left ramp:
Around 50% of the balls fly off before turning right into the ramp curve and land somewhere in the left plastics. Air Balls par excellence really getting on my nerves. As WE think WE have tried Everything now (coil power, grade of the machine) I'd like to Know if someone has the Same Problem...or a Solution maybe?

Thanks for helping out, pals!

Lars

#15517 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Folks,
Greetz from Good Ol' Germany!
I have two lil' questions to all LE-Owners:
My GB LE came with no water spirit level bubble. As I have seen GB Pro with levels installed I wonder if Stern has forgotten Mine (or am I too dumb to find it? Help me out in that case; thx!)...Right beside the shooter lane there's nothing!
I have big Problems with My left ramp:
Around 50% of the balls fly off before turning right into the ramp curve and land somewhere in the left plastics. Air Balls par excellence really getting on my nerves. As WE think WE have tried Everything now (coil power, grade of the machine) I'd like to Know if someone has the Same Problem...or a Solution maybe?
Thanks for helping out, pals!
Lars

Level. Yes. We got one!

Ramp. If it is truly happening at the top of the ramp, then are you missing the plastic that covers it? I get a lot of air balls that land behind the library, but I think those are off the 2x target it ramp flap.

IMG_20160715_075049_(resized).jpgIMG_20160715_075049_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160715_075303_(resized).jpgIMG_20160715_075303_(resized).jpg

#15518 7 years ago

Thanks! So obviously Stern only does cost-cutting for European customers as neither GB LE nor GoT LE have levels over here. Anyway, chicken feed.

I don't understand what flaw you mean ?!?

#15519 7 years ago

Had a couple good games playing the Pro at 1UP in Denver. Some way, some how I gotta add this to my collection. Can't decide which pins to sell!

In other news, new Ghostbusters movie is pretty awesome. Don't judge it till you've seen it. Pretty epic in iMax 3D

#15520 7 years ago

Don't really care for 3d but got tickets for tonight with atmos sound

#15521 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Thanks! So obviously Stern only does cost-cutting for European customers as neither GB LE nor GoT LE have levels over here. Anyway, chicken feed.
I don't understand what flaw you mean ?!?

Columbus thought the world was flat, and apparently so does Stern.

#15522 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

In other news. Not trolling here... Honest!! I just saw the new film and it's actually really good. It's filled with reverent nostalgic nods to the original, but also has a personality of its own, and it's filled with actually funny lines. The FX are incredible too. Plus, there are some amazing kick ass action scenes. Don't want to derail the thread about this, but I would encourage you to see it. I'm glad I did.

Seems like the reviews are all over the place.

RT has the critics at 73% liking it, but the Audience score is very low at 45%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

#15523 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like the reviews are all over the place.
RT has the critics at 73% liking it, but the Audience score is very low at 45%.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

Yeah as pointed out in the other thread, the 73% drops to 57% if you choose the "top critic" option. I mean, it's RT so it doesn't matter that much I guess.

#15524 7 years ago

What I'd rather be doing this weekend is playing Ghostbusters Premium with my son.

But it's not here yet.

#15525 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

What I'd rather be doing this weekend is playing Ghostbusters Premium with my son.
But it's not here yet.

I was going to post "Same here".
But then realized it sounded like I wanted to play Ghostbusters Premium with your son. lol

#15526 7 years ago

So many audience scores came in before you could even see the movie. Trolls will make getting an accurate read on audience reaction impossible. My wife and I went and saw it last night and had a good time. She thought it was every bit as good as the 1984 film. I prefer the original, but I did think that the new movie had lots of funny parts. It's a fine entry into the franchise. It hits well in overall tone.

#15527 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I was going to post "Same here".
But then realized it sounded like I wanted to play Ghostbusters Premium with your son. lol

LOL!

Nah, I would have understood you!

#15528 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So many audience scores came in before you could even see the movie. Trolls will make getting an accurate read on audience reaction impossible. My wife and I went and saw it last night and had a good time. She thought it was every bit as good as the 1984 film. I prefer the original, but I did think that the new movie had lots of funny parts. It's a fine entry into the franchise. It hits well in overall tone.

The audience score on RT didn't appear until today. It wasn't available before.

#15529 7 years ago

Now....let's get back to pinball.

#15530 7 years ago

2019 female vault edition

#15531 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The audience score on RT didn't appear until today. It wasn't available before.

Well, yeah, technically people could have seen it...but we all know that this movie gets trolled any time anything about it posted online. All the YouTube negative comments and thumbs down, the Facebook trolling, and the Twitter hate are nonstop. There's no way all the people rating the movie actually saw it already.

#15532 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, yeah, technically people could have seen it...but we all know that this movie gets trolled any time anything about it posted online. All the YouTube negative comments and thumbs down, the Facebook trolling, and the Twitter hate are nonstop. There's no way all the people rating the movie actually saw it already.

There is a thread in the basement for this topic. This thread is for pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-new-ghostbusters-reboot-thread

#15533 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So it's just like the Pinside ratings?

#15534 7 years ago

I'm stoked to see so many positive reviews on everyone's GB LEs !! Can't wait for mine. The wheels turn very slow at Stern.. hoping I don't get a beater out of the box like Jar155's .. but at least he got it resolved. Hoping whoever quality checked his before it was boxed up is on vacation when mine goes through the inspection process

#15535 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So it's just like the Pinside ratings?

Swap the hate of a new thing for unconditional love and it's spot on

#15536 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Swap the hate of a new thing for unconditional love and it's spot on

.. unless it's a JJP machine !

#15538 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

.. unless it's a JJP machine !

JJP games take so long to ship they're old by the time they're "new"

#15539 7 years ago

Do we hold any hope Stern will issue a statement once they resolve the playfield ghosting issue once and for all. I'd like to hear them 1) acklowledge the issue 2) explain what happened and what is being done differently 3) define acceptable level of defects before a replacement playfield will be issued and 4) explain how recent customers can file a claim. That's a lot to ask but you see where I am coming from. Very frustrating to see ebb and flow of games, some of these games still have the problem. And no statement from the Manufacturer.

#15540 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do we hold any hope Stern will issue a statement once they resolve the playfield ghosting issue once and for all. I'd like to hear them 1) acklowledge the issue 2) explain what happened and what is being done differently 3) define acceptable level of defects before a replacement playfield will be issued and 4) explain how recent customers can file a claim. That's a lot to ask but you see where I am coming from. Very frustrating to see ebb and flow of games, some of these games still have the problem. And no statement from the Manufacturer.

No, when was the last time they ever announced their internal issues? Most companies never do.

#15541 7 years ago

Its the likilhood equivalent of wackybubble actually getting an LE

#15542 7 years ago

I thought he had LE #501 locked in.

#15543 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Columbus thought the world was flat, and apparently so does Stern.

A lot of people STILL think the world is flat and the flat earth is under a dome and the sun and moon circle around under it and are only a couple hundred miles above us. Check out the Flat Earth Society. Those people need to be committed.

#15544 7 years ago

My GB pro is in! We're gonna unbox it live tonight on Twitch, 7 pm: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15545 7 years ago

No word yet from Gameroomguys on our GB/pre,s! Still say last week in July,for delivery here in Norcal!

#15546 7 years ago

I finally played what appeared to be a brand new game last week at a sports pool hall bar by my office after work. I believe it was a pro version. First appearance of the game as it looks great with artwork and colors and lights. It was set for $2 for 3 plays, I probably spent close to $15 until I could try to get a feel for the game and encouraged my coworkers to play as well especially since they have no seen or played the new stern games over the last years. I was excited and thrilled to play a new game in the wild and reminded me when I first found ACDC in the wild. In any event the game has a ton of shots which I enjoy and different features in one game from stern is a nice touch. Plays fast but I noticed the ball can go right down the middle if you dont go for pop numbers skill shot and let it come around down through the flippers, at least you got one ball save. There were quite a few airball shots that would make the ball bounce from the playfield and directly out or over the outlanes which was extremely frustrating and should not happen in this or game designed. Also hitting the two drops in the middle of the playfield can cause this to happen as well. It was nice having two drops on each side of the flippers but man on man do they need to increase the size of the metal rails between them to stop them from bouncing off and going straight to the outlanes or bouncing over them and over, that is my major complain in design, these need to be much higher. I may not be describing it right but I hope you know what I mean. One last thing that happened was the left flipper started to go weak after p,sting for awhile and almost dead, we continued to play through it or try at least. Strange for a new game to get this problem or unlucky maybe. The waitress told us she hardly sees anyone play. Overall we played for over an hour as I kept putting quarters in as dollar bill acceptor was not in game. I was determined to get my initials in the game or not leave until I had a decent game or get multi all. I guess I settled for a 2nd place finish and never got a multi all once or could figure it out. Despite the rough outlanes or inserts on side of flippers I am still drawn to play more.

#15547 7 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

accanto a Francia, nessun altro paese europeo ha ottenuto ancora il loro Gb LE?

Italy l.e. Numbers 161

#15548 7 years ago

IMG_20160716_191253_(resized).jpgIMG_20160716_191253_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160716_142042_(resized).jpgIMG_20160716_142042_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160716_140554_(resized).jpgIMG_20160716_140554_(resized).jpg

#15549 7 years ago

Nice collection of new games Teo

#15550 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bella collezione di nuovi giochi Teo

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Belle River, ON
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/311 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.