IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 360.
#15351 7 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

A food reviewer got invited to a pre-screening of Ghostbusters and gave out a review despite embargo.Hurry and watch before it's gone. » YouTube video

Holy Crap man give us a heads up? Serious spoiler alerts here, I stopped it half way because he was about to give away the ending!! I don't care how bad he says the movie is, don't do that!

#15352 7 years ago

I'm in for the pin, out for the movie.

#15353 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Just in case for who want to see the visual difference between Pro & LE.

Good stuff

#15354 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Just in case for who want to see the visual difference between Pro & LE.

Thanks a lot for the pics. Really illustrates the differences between the two.

#15355 7 years ago

When u put pics side by side like that it really hits home how much they packed in the LE to give u more bang for the extra bucks

#15356 7 years ago

Well, I'm almost done fixing my LE and should be to playing. Stern has made a lot of changes with the way they put these games together, and I'm not happy about that. The new style rollover switch is garbage. But man, this game is incredibly fun, and now that it's almost 100%, I'm beyond excited to settle in and just play.

For my fresh out is the box experience, see the post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/21#post-3238772

But these switches? Awful!

20160709_104447_(resized).jpg20160709_104447_(resized).jpg

#15357 7 years ago

Playing the Last few Hours! LE is Super Sweet! No issues! ....and I got #69!

#15358 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Playing the Last few Hours! LE is Super Sweet! No issues! ....and I got #69!

Reminds me of Bill & Ted. Which, by the way, would make an Excellent pinball theme

#15359 7 years ago

I'm now officially pissed. The switches on this game are garbage tier. Fix one and another one stops registering. The PKE switches are awful and the left ramp switch is really poorly implemented. The left ramp won't trigger a hard shot, just a dribbler. I've adjusted it 10 times now. It just sucks. Why not use a rollover in the ramp? This sideways switch is just stupid.

Man, I'm beyond frustrated with this.

#15360 7 years ago

Rollovers on ramps mean clearance needs under ramp.

Side mounted wire switch or gates are common for that reason

#15361 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Rollovers on ramps mean clearance needs under ramp.
Side mounted wire switch or gates are common for that reason

Then go with a gate. This is not reliable at all.

20160709_143157_(resized).jpg20160709_143157_(resized).jpg

#15362 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Then go with a gate. This is not reliable at all.

Concept has been used on games for over 20 years...

Getaway locks for instance.

#15363 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Concept has been used on games for over 20 years...
Getaway locks for instance.

Yeah, but they didn't use below the barrel quality switches. These are awful. The concept only works in practice if the product is up to snuff.

#15364 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, but they didn't use below the barrel quality switches. These are awful. The concept only works in practice if the product is up to snuff.

How can you tell they are poor quality switches? Who makes good switches?

#15365 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What makes them "below the barrel quality"?
I understand that yours don't seem to be working, but that alone doesn't make them all crap.
The LE at my friends place worked fine the other night so I'm curious as to how it's due to shoddy parts.
Explain?

#15366 7 years ago

Huh I wonder if he got a lemon. I would think the other folks on here would be sounding off. Anyone??

#15367 7 years ago

I have alot of switch errors in my menu but the game plays great. Thinking that may just be the code.

#15368 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How can you tell they are poor quality switches? Who makes good switches?

Dunno about the inners of the switches themselves (or duty cycle failure points), but the hardware has definitely been cost-reduced. The switches slide onto plastic (nylon?) posts and are held on with spring clips rather than the old school way of tiny metal screws with a backing plate.

#15369 7 years ago

I've questioned the use of the 3 rollover switches on the main ramp on the pro, If you set them too low they don't register a well hit ball up the left ramp, too high and a ball hit up the right ramp can get caught on them if the ball slows down and changes direction in just the wrong spot. I spent a lot of time adjusting them when I first got my machine, I have given up now and just accept a 90% success rate with left ramp shots and the odd stuck ball going the other way from the right ramp. Why didn't they just use optos? there's optos everywhere on Star Trek.

#15370 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So it's not the sideways switch design (which you called stupid) but now component quality

#15371 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So it's not the sideways switch design (which you called stupid) but now component quality

It's both. The quality makes the implementation more problematic. But on a ramp, nothing will be more reliable than a gate switch. These sideways ones are prone to being shifted or bent out of the trigger range so much easier. Compound it with flimsier construction, and you're bound to have problems.

#15372 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno about the inners of the switches themselves (or duty cycle failure points), but the hardware has definitely been cost-reduced. The switches slide onto plastic (nylon?) posts and are held on with spring clips rather than the old school way of tiny metal screws with a backing plate.

Is that really a new design? As far as i can remember all rollovers on my LotR are built like that (nylon holder and spring clips).

The switch itself is a state of the art Cherry DB3.

#15373 7 years ago

Does anybody make the aftermarket clear plastic pieces that go over the outlane guides. I like the ones from pinball life but i dont need the whole set as I'll never install a center post. MY outlanes are really low on my LE.

#15374 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anybody make the aftermarket clear plastic pieces that go over the outlane guides. I like the ones from pinball life but i dont need the whole set as I'll never install a center post. MY outlanes are really low on my LE.

Mod father has a nice set that go over the in and outlanes. I got a set but I may need to modify the mod to allow for the Le right ramp exit to the left inlane.

#15375 7 years ago

Out of the box my LE needed a switch adjustment at the top of the left ramp. I just bent the metal piece out a bit more and now it registers 100% of the time.

#15376 7 years ago

Today, I had the house to myself, and started in....First up, I had a switch to adjust.
Easy.

A couple Mods to install. The mirror mod for the lanes on top is fun, and works with the theme.
I used double sided tape instead of the instructions calling for cables disconnected and a more complex method included.

Added the slime green out lanes, Green Bands, and yes, the top side save post to keep the family interested in playing with me.
Definitely adds a new element to the game, and its crazy when in multiball, a ball bounces back off the center post then the magna slings acting on another ball fling the original almost anywhere!

Also, maybe old age. but cranking up the volume to 15+, I could hear instruments, that I could not hear before!
Give it a shot, raise the roof! Play it Loud!

Managed to get to 100 ghosts, mass hysteria, .....madness....confusion.....chaos....as the mode says, mass hysteria!

A fun goal, not too hard, and a blast to play!

Heres some pics, note the before and after around the flippers.....

6 hours of playing today, on and off, and just enjoying the code where it is now.

ghostbusters4_(resized).jpgghostbusters4_(resized).jpg

ghostbusters_(resized).jpgghostbusters_(resized).jpg

ghostbusters2_(resized).jpgghostbusters2_(resized).jpg

ghostbusters6_(resized).jpgghostbusters6_(resized).jpg

ghostbusters5_(resized).jpgghostbusters5_(resized).jpg

ghostbusters3_(resized).jpgghostbusters3_(resized).jpg

#15377 7 years ago

What are your impressions of the Ecto Goggles since you have been playing it?

#15378 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Today, I had the house to myself, and started in....First up, I had a switch to adjust.
Easy.
A couple Mods to install. The mirror mod for the lanes on top is fun, and works with the theme.
I used double sided tape instead of the instructions calling for cables disconnected and a more complex method included.
Added the slime green out lanes, Green Bands, and yes, the top side save post to keep the family interested in playing with me.
Definitely adds a new element to the game, and its crazy when in multiball, a ball bounces back off the center post then the magna slings acting on another ball fling the original almost anywhere!
Also, maybe old age. but cranking up the volume to 15+, I could hear instruments, that I could not hear before!
Give it a shot, raise the roof! Play it Loud!
Managed to get to 100 ghosts, mass hysteria, .....madness....confusion.....chaos....as the mode says, mass hysteria!
A fun goal, not too hard, and a blast to play!
Heres some pics, note the before and after around the flippers.....
6 hours of playing today, on and off, and just enjoying the code where it is now.

Cool. So what was your high score?

#15379 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

What are your impressions of the Ecto Goggles since you have been playing it?

I think Ive seen 4 or 5 animations, and they make a cool floating target like in Revenge from Mars.
Id love to see the animation morph...like counting down, or random.....Im sure more is coming.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool. So what was your high score?

355,000 ish, but what a rush! For me I had to sit down with chest pains after playing that!

#15380 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think Ive seen 4 or 5 animations, and they make a cool floating target like in Revenge from Mars.
Id love to see the animation morph...like counting down, or random.....Im sure more is coming.

355,000 ish, but what a rush! For me I had to sit down with chest pains after playing that!

Not bad, my best is 550,000 or something and I REALLY had to work hard to get. How the guys do it that get 7 billion + is beyond me.

#15381 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not bad, my best is 550,000 or something and I REALLY had to work hard to get. How the guys do it that get 7 billion + is beyond me.

closing the drains off

#15382 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I asked John T. himself if he thought more ghost were coming for the ecto Goggles.
He said he did not think so and no more were planned at this time.
I do hope he is wrong though.

#15383 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I asked John T. himself if he thought more ghost were coming for the ecto Goggles.

Perhaps Dwight can chime in on this.

#15384 7 years ago

It would be a shame to only have a couple of ghosts....I wonder if pinball browser can see anything other animation files?

#15385 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Something tells me he was using

#15387 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Something tells me he was using

I wish he was, but you tell me.
Here is the video.
My question about the Ecto Goggles is at the 1:17 mark.
https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange/v/71899937

#15388 7 years ago

This Slimer bug is happening almost every game now. It's game breaking too. Slimer leaves before he's complete and you can't finish the mode. It carries over ball to ball. Even if he leaves and appears in the Ecto Goggles, shooting him doesn't defeat him and end the mode.

slimer-bug_(resized).jpgslimer-bug_(resized).jpg

#15389 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This Slimer bug is happening almost every game now. It's game breaking too. Slimer leaves before he's complete and you can't finish the mode. It carries over ball to ball. Even if he leaves and appears in the Ecto Goggles, shooting him doesn't defeat him and end the mode.

Disable slimer in the menu. Permanent defeat, "as designed."

#15390 7 years ago

Just Saw, "Got Slimed" Mode..... A Mode with Color!

The Magna slings did a few new tricks when I passed 120 Ghosts or 500,000 points maybe...I cant even describe it....more
like a WTF? Moment.

I had it through an air ball over the opposite sling and get stuck going up the Habitrail!
Thats a first in my life! It landed with a crazy back spin and jumped up and got stuck!

Almost feels like a Happy TWD! Collecting ghosts are easier, though. Not sure how long Ill leave the center post, though.
I seem to be having 1/2 hour games now.

#15391 7 years ago

Just curious. If your having the slimer issue every game is it code or something else? For such a major prob nobody else seems to be having the problem. If it was code it would be an across the board problem.

#15392 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just Saw, "Got Slimed" Mode..... A Mode with Color!
The Magna slings did a few new tricks when I passed 120 Ghosts or 500,000 points maybe...I cant even describe it....more
like a WTF? Moment.
I had it through an air ball over the opposite sling and get stuck going up the Habitrail!
Thats a first in my life! It landed with a crazy back spin and jumped up and got stuck!
Almost feels like a Happy TWD! Collecting ghosts are easier, though. Not sure how long Ill leave the center post, though.
I seem to be having 1/2 hour games now.

Mode with colour? Does something happen with Gi or inserts or both. Sounds awesome

#15393 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just curious. If your having the slimer issue every game is it code or something else? For such a major prob nobody else seems to be having the problem. If it was code it would be an across the board problem.

I'll look into it more, but the fact that it's somewhat consistent and that everything works mechanically has me thinking it's a bug. I'll re-install the latest code and see if it still keeps happening.

#15394 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll look into it more, but the fact that it's somewhat consistent and that everything works mechanically has me thinking it's a bug. I'll re-install the latest code and see if it still keeps happening.

Maybe there's something wrong with the mech regarding how it determines its position? Doesn't seem like anyone else has brought this up, so it could be physical.

#15395 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The mirror mod for the lanes on top is fun, and works with the theme.

Do you have a picture of that?

#15396 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Disable slimer in the menu. Permanent defeat, "as designed."

Thanks a lot-now I have coffee spilled on me from laughing so hard

#15397 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Do you have a picture of that?

It's on the Laseriffic website

#15398 7 years ago

Just picked up a GB this weekend and its a cracker. One thing I have noticed is that the flippers seem to be set ever so slightly shallower than on my other pins - is this normal across all GB's by design or do they just need a sligh manual tweak?

Some thoughts I have for future code would be:-

Modes lit from first plunge automatically, not linked to skill shot - while I appreciate this challenge of getting the ball under control and making the correct shot for newer players this is quite an ask on such a fast game where getting the ball under control can be tough. As a result, quite often there was only the ghost targer and slimer to shoot for and making ramps, orbits etc werent really doing anything. This just turns off newer players.

A 2 ball mulit ball would be nice - I would link this to the Scolari Brothers as the drops are quite dangerous shots.

Storage Facility Multiball - Please disable the Scolari Brothers! They get in the way and as a result sometime multiballs can be over quite quickly, which given it is relatively difficult for a novice player to achieve is another turn off.

I dont see much talk of strategy's for getting the big points or most consistent methods for tournament play. So, how are people playing the game??

#15399 7 years ago

Where is everyone getting the green T-molding from? Anyone find an exact color match to the armor?

#15400 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Where is everyone getting the green T-molding from? Anyone find an exact color match to the armor?

Quoted from blimpey:

Sure:
https://www.t-molding.com
You want the bright green 3/4"
Only $10 + $6 shipping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/308 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.