IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 360.
#15101 7 years ago

TIL that nobody can make 3 shots. Excuse me, almost no one.

#15102 7 years ago

I just played about 6 games recently.

I don't recall any "F You" kinda SDTM drains.

TWD was much worse in that department, and without the flipper gap.

#15103 7 years ago

I like the centerpost mod since you can take it off based on preference. I'm warming up to it. Way better than drilling a hole to put a post in the playfield. I actually enjoyed the one in spiderman.

#15104 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Haha where are all the whiners about the mag slings after that video!?! And all the Who's in Whoville cried out boohoo. The slings look really good and thanks for the killer videos. Feeling better about my decision!!

In fairness to the boohooers, I was certainly one, the video that Stern created and the subsequent Deadflip stream were really unimpressive. When I played a LE the slings were really unimpressive. What was shown on the video was by far the best action from the slings I've seen. I hope in game they work as well as they did when a hand is throwing the ball directly into the rubber.

#15105 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in selling the center post portion of the Pinball Universe (PBL) kit, please PM me. I may never use it, but who knows?

#15106 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

In fairness to the boohooers, I was certainly one, the video that Stern created and the subsequent Deadflip stream were really unimpressive. When I played a LE the slings were really unimpressive. What was shown on the video was by far the best action from the slings I've seen. I hope in game they work as well as they did when a hand is throwing the ball directly into the rubber.

Well I was nervous myself when I saw the stern video as well. So I agree with ya

#15107 7 years ago

IDK, is that not true for most casual players who are just walking up to the game?

#15108 7 years ago

Is Cliffy selling a scoop protector? Looks like there is one in the video. I can't seem to get on his site..

#15109 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

IDK, is that not true for most casual players who are just walking up to the game?

I don't think newbs think in Business Speak/Company slogans.

#15110 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is Cliffy selling a scoop protector? Looks like there is one in the video. I can't seem to get on his site..

I think they come from the factory with a scoop protector.

#15111 7 years ago

My LE arrives tomorrow in Canada. Holy.

#15112 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think they come from the factory with a scoop protector.

Nice!

#15113 7 years ago

Where were the topper and center post obtained?

#15114 7 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Where were the topper and center post obtained?

He said he made the topper, the center post you can get form pinball life in the US.

#15115 7 years ago

Before everyone was used to the same old lower playfield layout, pinball designers did all kinds of crazy things on the lower playfield with flipper sizes, flipper gaps, flipper configurations, slings, inlanes, outlanes, etc. Embrace the diversity that is GB!

#15118 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

I did it, this one is a proto not really finished.

The Pinball Universe kit is simply awesome ... With the center post you can save lot of balls in one game.
-------
Some shot of mine's
Zoom in to a better quality.

Looks amazing. The green t-molding around the backbox is perfect and how Stern should have done it. Where did you get it? Was there a groove for the t-molding and you just popped off the black and put the green on? Very sexy machine.

#15119 7 years ago

... (about "bastardizing" the GB)

dont forget to also remove the small gate at the right lane (at the bumpers exit), cause its way too easy with balls slowly falling down (after being stopped) from there

and now you can enjoy your carrot flippers ! (or the center post)

#15120 7 years ago

Why put a center post? That's not what the designer intended; makes no sense to me but maybe that's just me.

#15121 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Why put a center post? That's not what the designer intended; makes no sense to me but maybe that's just me.

BK2K is "intended" to be a 5 ball game. I changed mine to a 3 ball game! Send Steve Ritchie to my house to pummel me upside the head for going against his intent!!!!

All pinball machines have adjustments. Set yours the way you like. Don't judge others who do it differently on their own games. Trudeau isn't infallible. Did he design the game to dribble down the center or airball over the flippers? If so, he didn't do his job well, and owners of the game reserve the right to change it to make it more fun.

#15122 7 years ago

I've been playing a lot of GB pro lately and I LOVE it!! But.... Lemme share my opinion...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15123 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BK2K is "intended" to be a 5 ball game. I changed mine to a 3 ball game! Send Steve Ritchie to my house to pummel me upside the head for going against his intent!!!!
All pinball machines have adjustments. Set yours the way you like. Don't judge others who do it differently on their own games. Trudeau isn't infallible. Did he design the game to dribble down the center or airball over the flippers? If so, he didn't do his job well, and owners of the game reserve the right to change it to make it more fun.

It's "intended" to be a 3 ball game - like any other modern pin.

But I fully agree, who cares. Set a game up the way you like it.

Black_Knight_2000_(resized).jpgBlack_Knight_2000_(resized).jpg

#15124 7 years ago

Has anyone heard if Stern has resolved any potential playfield issues on the game? I take that is what the delays were for.

#15125 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or just don't buy the game and get one with a design you like. Theme and art package of this game have people in such a froth that they seem to have forgotten that the game of pinball is about a ball flying around a sheet of plywood.
Very interesting reaction people are having for a title that hasn't even hit homes in mass.

#15126 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Or just don't buy the game and get one with a design you like. Theme and art package of this game have people in such a froth that they seem to have forgotten that the game of pinball is about a ball flying around a sheet of plywood.
Very interesting reaction people are having for a title that hasn't even hit homes in mass.

There's only one Ghostbusters game and people want a fun Ghostbusters game. Why the fuck are people getting so offended by people setting it up to play well? I fully plan on closing the outlanes and adding the Pinball Life upgrade kit to mine. If I find its too easy, I'll readjust it from there. Guess what? You never have to play it at my house. Why would you protest? Who's frothing here, really? Any mention of difficulty adjustment gets some people really upset. Bizarre.

#15127 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It's "intended" to be a 3 ball game - like any other modern pin.
But I fully agree, who cares. Set a game up the way you like it.

I own BK2K. The batteries are dead. Factory default is 5-ball. *Shrug*

#15128 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's only one Ghostbusters game and people want a fun Ghostbusters game. Why the fuck are people getting so offended by people setting it up to play well? I fully plan on closing the outlanes and adding the Pinball Life upgrade kit to mine. If I find its too easy, I'll readjust it from there. Guess what? You never have to play it at my house. Why would you protest? Who's frothing here, really? Any mention of difficulty adjustment gets some people really upset. Bizarre.

Fucking Christ man, simmer down. Have fun with your game.

#15129 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

On the contrary, why are you getting so fired up about what others are saying/doing?

#15130 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why the fuck are people getting so offended by people setting it up to play well?

Not sure anyone is offended, I certainly am not.

After two months of ownership, it plays well, without nerfing it. I think that may be the point everyone is trying to get across. Give it some time, learn the table, and discover that it plays great as is.

It's killing it on location. I don't think players would keep pumping coins in if it just kicked them in the nuts every game.

#15131 7 years ago

I haven't read through this whole thread but I've seen a lot of talk about flipper gap and center post. Am I correct to assume the flipper gap on this game is larger? How much bigger is it? What is standard?

Also, I have a Spiderman and I like the center post. It can be a bitch if you guess wrong though and it's not dead center! Is the flipper gap on Spiderman larger than normal as well?

#15132 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, I have a Spiderman and I like the center post. It can be a bitch if you guess wrong though and it's not dead center! Is the flipper gap on Spiderman larger than normal as well?

Spider-Man has a standard flipper gap. As far as I know only John Trudeau currently uses a wider gap on his game designs.

#15133 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I haven't read through this whole thread but I've seen a lot of talk about flipper gap and center post. Am I correct to assume the flipper gap on this game is larger? How much bigger is it? What is standard?

It's a 1/4 larger gap

#15134 7 years ago

The last thing people should be is offended by folks making changes to their game. This whole hobby was almost dead so you should just welcome all new folks coming in. These modes help gain more popularity right? I'm glad I have choices being a casual player

#15135 7 years ago

Guys DON'T set your games up on Free Play. Wasn't designed that way. PRESERVE GAME INTEGRITY!

#15136 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

The last thing people should be is offended by folks making changes to their game. This whole hobby was almost dead so you should just welcome all new folks coming in. These modes help gain more popularity right? I'm glad I have choices being a casual player

First let me say that I don't give a fuck what someone does with their game, with that said I would do as Smokedogg suggest and play the game for a while before deciding it doesn't "play well" as Rarehero suggest. WTF he is so worked up about it is beyond me. My point is that people are getting so worked up over the flipper gap without really spending time on it. That is all.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Guys DON'T set your games up on Free Play. Wasn't designed that way. PRESERVE GAME INTEGRITY!

It actually is, look under pricing adjustments in your service menu.

#15137 7 years ago

My only gripe with people nerfing this game is that some people seem to be acting a little premature put ample time on it first then nerf accordingly if your putting carrot flippers and a center post without giving it a go for a minute it just seems wrong. After playing it and deciding it's not to your liking do whatever you want.

#15138 7 years ago

Who cares if people want to make changes to their game? People have that right. But man, it's the attitude or the entitlement that some people are doing it with that's annoying. If you can't handle the flipper gap (which is super insignificant once you play the game for a while), it doesn't mean that there's a flaw in the game. The game wasn't made FOR YOU, it was made for everybody. Don't act like you deserve a "standard" flipper gap or longer flippers or center posts. You don't. The game wasn't designed with that in mind. Trudeau doesn't owe you a game that's easy or that's tweaked to your play style. He's not wrong for using one of his signature elements here or in any of his games.

If you want to change your game, go ahead. Just don't come here talking about how Trudeau sucks or is out of touch. That's not true. Buy a different game if a slightly wider gap is so problematic for you, or play better, or go ahead and mod it. What we don't need is walls of hyperbolic text (NO ONE CAN PASS A MODE!!!!!!!!11!!!!!11!one!1!!1!!!! and IT'S ALL AIRBALLS ON GHOSTBUSTERS THE BALL NEVER EVEN TOUCHES THE WOOD!!!!!!!!1!!!!!) calling the game out for being the hardest game ever created. It's not.

Every time someone comes in here and whines about the flipper gap, it totally derails the thread. Go ahead and either quietly mod your game or buy something else if it's that big of an issue. Star Trek is still on the line and it's a very easy game to progress through. So is The Hobbit.

#15139 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

My only gripe with people nerfing this game is that some people seem to be acting a little premature put ample time on it first then nerf accordingly if your putting carrot flippers and a center post without giving it a go for a minute it just seems wrong. After playing it and deciding it's not to your liking do whatever you want.

If future code updates change or add an option to disable mandatory completion of modes, I'll be open to keeping the game closer to stock. Otherwise,as designed and coded, I'm forced to play "Who got the dog" or "We Got One" 6 times in one game and I'm blocked from enjoying the Ghostbusters content. I wanna be able to get to Marshmallow Man every so often. I want my girlfriend to have fun playing. When we played the Pro, she hated it. Launch, drain, airball, drain, blue target, drain. So - right now, adjusting the game to be phisically more forgiving = more fun and more Ghostusters content.

For those purists, you must acknowledge this is clearly an legit issue people have or else there wouldn't be so much talk about and mods already created to deal with it. What other game has had this type of pushback on "intended design"? I can't think of one! Tron and IM are 2 of the most popular games around here and NO one has an issue with them being hard...it's because the code/content matches that difficulty. You can play a 2 minute game and get tons of features and voices from the movies. Ghostbusters is set up with too many modes that take too much effort to start that force you to replay them to advance ...brutality is less fun with this amount of story based modes and additional difficulty to advance thru them.

There's clearly a divide between competitive tournament style players and players who want to enjoy the character/humor and "world under glass".

#15140 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Go ahead and either quietly mod your game or buy something else if it's that big of an issue. Star Trek is still on the line and it's a very easy game to progress through. So is The Hobbit.

Those games aren't Ghostbusters. Isn't it clear how many people love the theme "Ghostbusters"!?!?!? So no, I'm going to get Ghostbusters. I've had Star Trek, which also has the super annoying rules of forced completion and having to replay the same mode over and over. Give me an award or points or bonus for completing a mode - but if I fail, let me move on! Just like every mode based game ever, please!

#15141 7 years ago

Good points RareHero. I think the modes need to be made user selectable and then offer the ability to replay them for progression to the games main wizard mode. As of now the game is just too repetitive with having to play the same modes again and again.

Also, the game needs a Slimer multiball. During Slimer multiball on the premium / LE the Slimer mech should stop at an insert and then not move to the next insert until its hit. Currently there are no unique rules for the extra movement of the Slimer mech on the premium / LE which makes the additional features of the mech vs the one on the pro feel useless.

#15142 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Those games aren't Ghostbusters. Isn't it clear how many people love the theme "Ghostbusters"!?!?!? So no, I'm going to get Ghostbusters. I've had Star Trek, which also has the super annoying rules of forced completion and having to replay the same mode over and over. Give me an award or points or bonus for completing a mode - but if I fail, let me move on! Just like every mode based game ever, please!

Couldn't agree more with the mode completion issue. It's part of why I hate Star Trek.

How hard would it be to make it an "option" in the code settings? Then you could play it any way you want.

Flipper gap? I'll play it and see first, I may end up liking it, who knows.

It's getting to the point for me that its only Lyman or Keith. Hopefully Dwight makes this great.

#15143 7 years ago

The flipper gap dead horse has been beaten so many times. Can everyone just relax a bit and:

- Let people set up the game the way they want
- Enjoy the different layout / challenge of GB
- Stop acting is if anyone has to buy this pin
- Stop reacting as if the game is ruined because of the difficulty

It's a pinball machine. If you can't flip on GB and have fun something is wrong with you, not the machine.

#15144 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points RareHero. I think the modes need to be made user selectable and then offer the ability to replay them for progression to the games main wizard mode. As of now the game is just too repetitive with having to play the same modes again and again.

Bingo - the modes are somewhat selectable, as you can pick from the 3 ladders...so, that's good. But like you said, a reward for completion can be wizard modes. If you fail a mode, you can continue to move up the ladder...and then it can cycle back for another chance at completion. LOTR does this. Once you get thru all the modes, they all open up again -and you have another chance at completing them for Elf Gifts if you didn't complete them the first time around.

#15145 7 years ago

IT IS THREE SHOTS TO COMPLETE A MODE. HOW BAD ARE YOU AT PINBALL?

Ahem.

It's three shots to complete a mode. Sometimes four. If you can't do that, I can't help you. Nobody can help you. And Star Trek is hard to progress through now? Ok, I've heard it all...

#15146 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

IT IS THREE SHOTS TO COMPLETE A MODE. HOW BAD ARE YOU AT PINBALL?
Ahem.
It's three shots to complete a mode. Sometimes four. If you can't do that, I can't help you. Nobody can help you. And Star Trek is hard to progress through now? Ok, I've heard it all...

It's not that I'm bad - it's that the game dumps the ball down the middle a lot and airballs off standups and Scorelli's. So if I made 2 of the 3 shots and drain...and then if I miss the mode-start skill shot...then it's ghost-ghost-ghost-slimer-slimer-slimer, hit the mode again, then finish the mode. It's annoying! 3 shots doesn't seem like much, but when the game doesn't have flow, making shots is harder. If you shoot a mode shot that takes the ball to the right flipper, and then the next shot is a super tight one on the right side, it's not as easy as you think. You can insult me all you want - but just watch ANY of the streaming videos from shows over the last few months. Player after player DRAIN DRAIN DRAIN DRAIN and only starting 1 mode on the ladder and not finishing it. This isn't "ME"...don't attack me! It's the game! Would it be so bad to advance to the next mode in the ladder if you fail? But get a reward for completion? What would be wrong w/ that?

I know I've brought this up already -but you have TSPP - what if you couldn't see any other mode in the game until you finished "Bart's Day"? It was always Bart's Day unless you completed all the shots...and if the timer ran out, you had to pick Bart's Day again before you could "move up the ladder". It. Just. Wouldn't. Be. As. Fun. I'm advocating for GB to be more fun. What is wrong with that?

Has anyone seen Marshmallow Man yet? Anyone!?!?! lol

Star Trek isn't hard at first, but if I remember correctly some of the level 2 and 3 modes are insanely hard and you have to restart them to complete them if you don't make all the shots...the one where you have to kill Nero and the flipper buttons change where the shots are...HOLY CRAP that's hard! I think I played that one 4 or 5 times in a row cuz it's just so down to the wire each time. FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! (over and over and over)

You know why we all love pinball vs. video games? LACK OF REPETITION. It's amazing how a finite world under glass can be fun forever! Randomness and lack of repetition is key. Forcing replay of modes if not completed is REPETITIVE. No reason for repetitive video game logic in pinball.

#15147 7 years ago

It sounds like GB isn't for you. That's ok. I love The Avengers as a theme, but the pin isn't for me. That's also ok.

#15148 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It sounds like GB isn't for you.

It will be when the design flaws are fixed....and if the mode flow is fixed, it'll be even more fun!

It's amazing that people wanting to adjust their own games to their own preference is met with "CANCEL YOUR ORDER!". "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" Friggin' Pin Nazis up in here...what has this hobby come to. I should not get the game because YOU don't like how I want to set it up? How incredibly arrogant.

#15149 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It will be when the design flaws are fixed....and if the mode flow is fixed, it'll be even more fun!

There's nothing wrong with it. Your sense of entitlement is insane. Not every game has to be the same as every other game. Don't you want some sense of satisfaction or achievement when you play? Nobody hands you Rule the Universe on AFM unless you complete everything. And yes, you must complete it all. That game has done just fine over time. Let's just chill out on GB for a bit.

#15150 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's nothing wrong with it. Your sense of entitlement is insane.

I'm not entitled. You're arrogant. You want me to set the game up the way YOU want it set up, or I should cancel my order.

Quoted from jar155:

Not every game has to be the same as every other game. Don't you want some sense of satisfaction or achievement when you play? Nobody hands you Rule the Universe on AFM unless you complete everything. And yes, you must complete it all. That game has done just fine over time. Let's just chill out on GB for a bit.

A-hah - you just proved my point...yes, you have to complete it all, but if you DON'T - you don't have to play the same mode over and over again in a row! You move ahead and come back to it later!

I have no interest in games playing the same! I want the physical design and code design to BLEND into the most fun experience it can be!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/303 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.