IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 360.
#15651 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Not sure if this was posted yet. Stern facebook page showing factory floor. Mostly MET, and ST, but some GE LE. Looks like it posted on Friday
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10154319824944244/?type=2&theater

Are any of those Metallica premiums or are they all pros?

#15652 7 years ago

Anybody hook a shaker up to a pro yet? Does the software really utilize it and make it worth the money? Thanks.

#15653 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Not sure if this was posted yet. Stern facebook page showing factory floor. Mostly MET, and ST, but some GE LE. Looks like it posted on Friday
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10154319824944244/?type=2&theater

Yeah saw that Fri no premium GB anywhere and some think there rolling out soon

#15654 7 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Anybody hook a shaker up to a pro yet? Does the software really utilize it and make it worth the money? Thanks.

I had asked but it was many pages back where someone posted a video of him playing with a shaker motor, it was obviously tough to get a read on it. I asked him how he liked it. He stated there were 3 settings for it. The highest was to much and went off to often and set it for the medium mode. That's cool that you can set it to go off less often. I ordered it as long as I can control it

#15655 7 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Here is what he stated:::Shaker fires when Slimer registers a hit, and when you hit either of the captive ball targets. The game shakes quite a bit when the buzzer and animation sequence is going off for storage facility multi ball. It pretty much goes nuts during multi ball cause you're hitting everything. it shakes every once in a while for other random things which I haven't picked up the pattern on yet. You can change the shaker settings to be less, or off. the default is maximum shaking.
I am releasing a unboxing, review, and gameplay video in the next day or so for our youtube channel. about 1 hour 50'ish minutes long total, with almost 90 minutes of gameplay.

#15659 7 years ago

Sorry about that. My cell phone went bonkers. I found the part of the thread where some shaker motor discussion was going on but my cut and paste didn't seem to work correctly. But I decided to get the shaker motor due to the discussion I read above. The persons handle on here that originally posted the shaker is JoshOBrown.

#15660 7 years ago

Ah i was just looking for that. STALKER!! jk obviously.

#15661 7 years ago

I just remember because it was when I really started to read the thread. Don't flatter yourself!

#15662 7 years ago

I have the red tremor on my Pro and i had to turn it to minimum. I had it on maximum for awhile then medium but both were to much, theres another setting called long use that i didnt try. I had to put small piece of felt on all 4 corners of the translight so it wouldnt rattle, the left newton balls rattle against metal which is annoying.

#15663 7 years ago

I put a standard shaker in my pro and I like it a lot. Currently have it set to maximum use and really like the feel when you hit Slimer, etc. It does go nuts at the start of the storage facility multiball but it's fitting I think.

We're gonna be playing it on this week's "Bro, do you even pinball?" so you can check it out. Thursday at 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#15664 7 years ago

On the LE, the shaker is really heavy and loud on the Storage Multiball start. It's just meant to feel like the thing is barely holding together, I think. In the movie it basically caused a minor earthquake, so I think they went for that.

#15665 7 years ago

Thanks for the input, sounds like the game makes good use of a shaker motor. Just a FYI for those that don't like too much shake. Rotate one of the arms a little less then 180 from the other one, it really tames it down. My Iron Man was really crazy and that's what I did to fix it.

#15666 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Currently have it set to maximum use and really like the feel when you hit Slimer, etc.

Good to know. When I first played a pro it didn't really feel like you were hitting Slimer. There was no real physical sensation - like hitting Sparky for example. It felt more like you were hitting through him. But with vibration from the shaker, it could make all the difference.

#15667 7 years ago

Does Slimer activate the shaker on a lower setting or only the highest? Just curios if that is what they cut out when you put it on a lesser setting.

#15668 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Does Slimer activate the shaker on a lower setting or only the highest? Just curios if that is what they cut out when you put it on a lesser setting.

The shaker settings dont deactivate/cut out the shaker only decrease the strength, minimum is roughly 30% weaker then maximum id guess, really took the edge off red tremor.

#15669 7 years ago

Totally had that thought out wrong as well.

#15670 7 years ago

Naive is the word I am thinking for myself right now.

#15671 7 years ago

I def feel like a newbie now lol. But glad that was pointed out. Way to much to ask for to actually cut back on the number of things the shaker goes off for.

#15672 7 years ago

#62 landed in my home today.
When ball lock 2 goes down in the subway ball lock, apparently the optos aren't working. Just sits there ball searching.
Man, this game is violent. Balls flying everywhere. I need some pinbit plastic protectors before I play a bunch. Hope they are available soon!
Awesome light show otherwise and everything else seems to be working and tweaked decently.
If flipper power can't be adjusted, perhaps different coil are in order?

#15673 7 years ago

I believe some games the shaker settings do change how much the game uses the shaker, which is how i originally though GB worked. Then i turned it to minimum and it took about 30% roughly of the power away and still shakes same time as maximum setting.

#15674 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

. Balls flying everywhere...If flipper power can't be adjusted, perhaps different coil are in order?

Some people claim the game "settles down" after a bit but I felt it was more getting used to how to shoot things. You gotta backhand those drops...straight shot at full power they're popping over flippers for sure.

#15675 7 years ago

Put in a few hours of an GB LE at Logan Hardware, and I absolutely love it. It's so much more forgiving than the Pro because the mag sling, which definitely helps tone down the outlane drains. When they are activated it does have a cool affect throwing the ball around in different angles. The right ramp is so much easier and satisfying as it whips the ball right over to the left flipper. The left ramp seems much easier to hit as well as I was able to get it dialed in much faster. Unfortunately the sensor / switch was messed up on it already and would only activate if the ball crawled slowly over it, so that greatly affected my scores, but I was still able to put up 400 mil, which I normally don't get close to on a Pro. The Ecto Goggles is a cool effect.

In short, i'd LOVE to own a Premium. I think it would be worth it over the Pro. Maybe in a few years

#15676 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

There isn't even a switch on the coin door. Open vs closed means nothing on GB.

Ah, right. Moved power switches, no coin door switches, it's a very confusing time to keep it all straight.

#15677 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I have the red tremor on my Pro and i had to turn it to minimum. I had it on maximum for awhile then medium but both were to much, theres another setting called long use that i didnt try. I had to put small piece of felt on all 4 corners of the translight so it wouldnt rattle, the left newton balls rattle against metal which is annoying.

Holy crap are those Red Tremor shakers too strong! I hadn't had personal experience with one until recently, but they shake TOO hard compared to Stern OEM and Pinball Life shakers, IMO. I had to adjust the ends so it calmed down to more "normal" levels.

#15678 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some people claim the game "settles down" after a bit but I felt it was more getting used to how to shoot things. You gotta backhand those drops...straight shot at full power they're popping over flippers for sure.

Doesn't putting stronger springs on the drops cut the airballs from drop target hits way down? Pinball life sells a kit for this.

#15679 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, right. Moved power switches, no coin door switches, it's a very confusing time to keep it all straight.

The coin door switch was moved to the back of the head.

#15680 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't putting stronger springs on the drops cut the airballs from drop target hits way down? Pinball life sells a kit for this.

I have the new springs on mine and they drop from more types of hits than with the regular springs. However, if you do hit them head on, they still will bounce back over the flippers a lot. The difference is that they also will often go down instead of standing there mocking you. Not that it matters because you lost your ball anyway.

#15681 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I believe some games the shaker settings do change how much the game uses the shaker, which is how i originally though GB worked. Then i turned it to minimum and it took about 30% roughly of the power away and still shakes same time as maximum setting.

My Star Trek worked by changing the amount of times it used the shaker. Interesting that GB is different. Perhaps this a SPIKE change?

#15682 7 years ago

is anyone else having an issue with the left kicker/scoop firing the ball to the very bottom of the right flipper, and sometimes just a direct drain?

i have the table level and the kicker seems strong enough, but it appears to be coming out wrong.

#15683 7 years ago
Quoted from marvelusmarvcus:

is anyone else having an issue with the left kicker/scoop firing the ball to the very bottom of the right flipper, and sometimes just a direct drain?
i have the table level and the kicker seems strong enough, but it appears to be coming out wrong.

Both kickouts are adjustable in the settings. I would play with it.

#15684 7 years ago

thank you kermit24, i will check that out.

#15685 7 years ago

#97 in the house today. Got it set up and put in a half a dozen games so far. Everything working nice right out of the box. I will admit up front, I am a shitty player. In fact, I am a very shitty player....but I like to play. With that said, this is a very fun game for even a novice like me. Lots to shoot at, great light show, and you don't even think about the magnetic slings until they grab the ball and so something wacky with it. Drains are brutal, but not near as bad as folks would make them out to be. Flipper gap is challenging, but again, not horrible, and not worth going to the trouble of changing them out. All in all, worth selling some "less favorite" games to get one! lol

#15686 7 years ago

I like it when in multiball, and the magna sling is doing a trick with 1 ball when the other is cradled,
it can grab the cradled ball and fling it away!

#15687 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I like it when in multiball, and the magna sling is doing a trick with 1 ball when the other is cradled,

That's the ghosts messin with ya.

#15688 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the ghosts messin with ya.

Or a very talented hooker...........

#15690 7 years ago

A ghost hooker

#15692 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That would be awesome to see that via a video. If anyone can capture that moment please share it.

#15693 7 years ago

i tried, its so hard to know when this happens! last night I had two balls bouncing from the slings an inch to the middle and then back...videos exist of this...but two at one time!!!
Just hysterical! The did like 6 bounces, 2 balls, 2 slings, until the 3rd came down and changed the movement.
Keeps one on their toes when playing!

Ghost Hookers! Why Not!!!!

#15694 7 years ago

There was a ghost hooker in the first film having fun with Dan akroyd

#15695 7 years ago

Hookers-Better to rent then own is what someone I used to work for says. I have to live through videos for a long time as I think I am not on the first shipment of Premiums. Bing Party-Is yours being shipped to FL or PA?

#15696 7 years ago

Thanks for trying I am sure it's a matter of time before someone catches that

#15697 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Hookers-Better to rent then own is what someone I used to work for says. I have to live through videos for a long time as I think I am not on the first shipment of Premiums. Bing Party-Is yours being shipped to FL or PA?

It's going to PA, But if i fall in love with it I may get another for FL. Maybe put it in the body shop down there I invested in, I have a area in there where I keep my cars... I spend a boat load of time in there. You are more than welcome to come to a poker tourney and play the games if u like

#15698 7 years ago

Opinion of my GBLE after a number of games...boy do i love the "Party Tricks" those magna slings do

downloadfile_(resized).pngdownloadfile_(resized).png

#15699 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

There was a ghost hooker in the first film having fun with Dan akroyd

Maybe she should be added as in the "adult version" Ecto-Goggle display

#15700 7 years ago

I haven't followed this thread ever since I cancelled my premium order, but I came back to see how everyone is enjoying their premiums. How's it going guys? They should have been out about a month now according to all the distro estimates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/314 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.