IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 360.
#16601 7 years ago

What is the highest anyone has got on Negative Reinforcement? What was your reward?

#16602 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

I come to this thread to avoid all the issues discussed on the others threads. I have a Pro, it looks good, plays great, and I'm ready to hear about game play, mods, LED configurations, etc... Let's try to keep at least one thread free from discussing the issues.........So, what have you? Tell me something I have yet to hear about GB?

Quoted from cooked71:

.......the more I play this game the more I like it. It's a really fun layout with the best all round theme integration from any recent Stern. Yetis art is one of pinballs best, and Trudeau's layout is unique with really satisfying shots and just enough difficulty for long term play.

#16603 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But Trudeau finally gets a great theme, probably best since Creech, nails it...

He ALMOST nails it. Not to start the whole "flipper gap" discussion again, but if this was a normal flipper gap this pin would have been the best ever. The gap brings it down to a very good pin but could be better.

#16604 7 years ago

Got to 16 million and gambled it for the loss which is my best (and worst apparently) attempt.

#16605 7 years ago

Finally got my new GB LE number 262 arrived today after pre ordering in start march it been 5 long months after spending NZ $15K thats how much it cost get to new zealand. its my first NIB machine and going be my last one lol

20160820_000832_(resized).jpg20160820_000832_(resized).jpg

20160820_000914_(resized).jpg20160820_000914_(resized).jpg

#16606 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Finally got my new GB LE number 262 arrived today after pre ordering in start march it been 5 long months after spending NZ $15K thats how much it cost get to new zealand. its my first NIB machine and going be my last one lol

15k... I don't know how you guys do it. Congrats.

#16607 7 years ago

64 Million is my high on the cards....

Got to see some neat tricks on the magna slings last night.

I saw my first game of "catch". Now, I think we all have seen a ball bounce back and forth a few times between slings,
but this is just weird!
It grabs a ball mid flow, like a magnet ball lock, then flings it to the other sling, that locked it, and then went back and forth
about 6 times! The movement was, "Spooky" for lack of another word....it didnt "feel" right, but my jaw dropped as it "defied the laws of physics".
Great Affect, and a big smile when you see this happen.

Also had the slings shoot the ball up the right PK meter ramp, from the same right side!
Dont know how that one worked.

Some new sounds as well.

#16608 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I saw my first game of "catch". Now, I think we all have seen a ball bounce back and forth a few times between slings,
but this is just weird!
It grabs a ball mid flow, like a magnet ball lock, then flings it to the other sling, that locked it, and then went back and forth
about 6 times! The movement was, "Spooky" for lack of another word....it didnt "feel" right, but my jaw dropped as it "defied the laws of physics".
Also had the slings shoot the ball up the right PK meter ramp, from the same right side!
Some new sounds as well.

Try to video record it next time!

I kid....I kid!

#16609 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Gotta ask did you check for ghosting?

#16610 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

He ALMOST nails it. Not to start the whole "flipper gap" discussion again, but if this was a normal flipper gap this pin would have been the best ever. The gap brings it down to a very good pin but could be better.

The nice thing is you could put carrot flippers in and have your 'normal gap'. For those of us that appreciate his design as is, we leave it alone. Refreshing to see something different. And after playing a bunch, the gap makes no difference in enjoyment.

Game is killing it on route as well.

#16611 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

And after playing a bunch, the gap makes no difference in enjoyment.

I hardly notice the flipper gap difference.... its the damn side drains that kill me most of the time

#16612 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

What is the highest anyone has got on Negative Reinforcement? What was your reward?

I got to 114 million
I let it ride ...
I lost

#16613 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I hardly notice the flipper gap difference.... its the damn side drains that kill me most of the time

Zip-ties will fix that! lol

#16614 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

The nice thing is you could put carrot flippers in and have your 'normal gap'. For those of us that appreciate his design as is, we leave it alone. Refreshing to see something different. And after playing a bunch, the gap makes no difference in enjoyment.
Game is killing it on route as well.

Where do you find carrot flippers?

#16615 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Where did you get the stand-up poster ? Would love to get one.

#16616 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Where do you find carrot flippers?

Marco has them

#16617 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

114 me and... 139 my son (this little guy is just insolent ! lol)

#16618 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

This is fantastic!

tanx

#16619 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Zip-ties will fix that! lol

I remember like 10 years ago a guy on Mr pinball had a TSPP listed FS & the pics he sent me had the outlanes zip tied shut.

He's probably reading my reply right now in shame lol

#16620 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I remember like 10 years ago a guy on Mr pinball had a TSPP listed FS & the pics he sent me had the outlanes zip tied shut.
He's probably reading my reply right now in shame lol

No shame whatsoever.....I was extremely frustrated with my WOZ and the drains when I first got it. Seemed I would just get something going and lose the ball. So I kind of equated zip ties as training wheels, and sealed off the outlanes for a couple of weeks. Made all of the difference in the world, and then once I removed the ties, the drains were nowhere near as bad. I just needed to get into the flow of the game, and it would have taken me a lot longer, had I not "cheated" for a while. Don't get me wrong, I still play like crap, but I have fun playing like crap, and I'm not losing the ball every 5 seconds. I am sure the purists will tell me how I am going to hell for what I have done, but last I checked, I did not find any fire or brimstone near my games........

#16621 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I seems some of the music in the modes is "inspired" by the equivalent song from the movie. "We Got One" sounds similar to "Cleaning Up The Town" and there is a similar "Saving The Day" inspired track later.
I'll be adding Bobby Brown's "Own Our Own" with Pinball Browser, probably replacing Parker's song when the game is over. Parker's instrumental version is already played during the game, so it's represented plenty already.

wait - can you do this for free and no mods? Get out of here. Is it like pinsound? Can you add voice clips too?

#16622 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait - can you do this for free and no mods? Get out of here. Is it like pinsound? Can you add voice clips too?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#16623 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

That's personal preference. I like the flipper gap, but you need to be nudging. Most balls are save-able, unless really dead centre. A fairly liberal tilt setting is a must. The tilt call outs and warnings are cool.

The Magna slings are awesome. Might be just my imagination, but do they seem to get more active as the game progresses and gets harder? They also seem more active in some modes than others.

#16624 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

#16625 7 years ago

Found an LE on location! Put six games into it (dollar a game, urgh). So, Ghostbusters is a movie about a dog, right? That's what I'm meant to take away? Someone loses a dog? My experience was janked up by some machine issues - both scoops fired SDTM, the half gate on the right orbit was stuck up so a lot of balls that came out of there went SDTM, and literally every ball that came out of the left pop bumper exit went SDTM. Technically savable with a six-inch slide, which meant the machine was going all over the place (hope the legs are on tight). Enjoyed watching some other people play it - all the other pins in the room were neatly aligned, and then Ghostbusters was at a thirty degree angle from the nudging.

Sadly, all the problems made for a pretty lame game. I got multiball once, and got the ecto car to the hotel in the same game, but the rest were duds. Mostly it was just frustrating. The magnaslings sadly did not do anything cool, but they lit up nicely.

#16626 7 years ago

Six (7?) beers in, game went Midnight Madness. Hit a groove, finally ended up a little over 2 billion. Not sure exact how, but it was fun.

#16627 7 years ago

I saw some nice mods from a guy in France, proton pack, ghost catcher, led Ecto googles and ambulance.

Anyone order these or is there similar mods available?

#16628 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

15k... I don't know how you guys do it. Congrats.

15k NZD is only marginally more than we're paying in the UK. Exchange rates suck...

#16629 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

15k NZD is only marginally more than we're paying in the UK. Exchange rates suck...

We did a poll a few months back, we found that the UK and Brazil were the dearest places to buy a new Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-a-nib-stern-in-your-country#post-2558916

rd

#16630 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We did a poll a few months back, we found that the UK and Brazil were the dearest places to buy a new Stern.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-is-a-nib-stern-in-your-country#post-2558916
rd

Ouch. That's why you never see us with the games rooms full of 20+ tables!

#16631 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

Ouch. That's why you never see us with the games rooms full of 20+ tables!

Unless your rich.

#16632 7 years ago

Finally got to play GB Pro... The flipper gap was completely unnoticeable. I had to stare at the flippers to tell there was a larger gap. Ball times were WAAAY longer than TWD. I have no idea what everyone is complaining about other than... Chalk it up to Pinside?

#16633 7 years ago

BTW, I saw no ghosting on the inserts, and no apparent chipping on anything.

#16634 7 years ago

How old was the game and how many plays were on it?

#16635 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Finally got to play GB Pro... The flipper gap was completely unnoticeable. I had to stare at the flippers to tell there was a larger gap. Ball times were WAAAY longer than TWD. I have no idea what everyone is complaining about other than... Chalk it up to Pinside?

Sure, the thing is a drain machine ,i removed the plumb bob so i can nudge the shit of the machine.

#16636 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Found an LE on location! Put six games into it (dollar a game, urgh). So, Ghostbusters is a movie about a dog, right? That's what I'm meant to take away? Someone loses a dog? My experience was janked up by some machine issues - both scoops fired SDTM, the half gate on the right orbit was stuck up so a lot of balls that came out of there went SDTM, and literally every ball that came out of the left pop bumper exit went SDTM. Technically savable with a six-inch slide, which meant the machine was going all over the place (hope the legs are on tight). Enjoyed watching some other people play it - all the other pins in the room were neatly aligned, and then Ghostbusters was at a thirty degree angle from the nudging.
Sadly, all the problems made for a pretty lame game. I got multiball once, and got the ecto car to the hotel in the same game, but the rest were duds. Mostly it was just frustrating. The magnaslings sadly did not do anything cool, but they lit up nicely.

I've watched plenty of videos that don't show this experience. Not inherit to the game.

#16637 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I've watched plenty of videos that don't show this experience. Not inherit to the game.

I think that's the seventh Ghostbusters I've played now and the main thing I've learned is it has to be super dialed in, or else this happens.

#16638 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

but this is just weird!
Some new sounds as well.

Was this because you got really far in the game or did it just randomly happen? Just curious about magna slings

#16639 7 years ago

Id have to say further along.

At some point both sides of the magna slings stay lit, and it is at this time weird stuff happens.

Does anyone know what it takes to light both slings?

#16640 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id have to say further along.
At some point both sides of the magna slings stay lit, and it is at this time weird stuff happens.
Does anyone know what it takes to light both slings?

It seems to be based on sling hits. Hit them enough times, the light/magna-effect changes.

#16641 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I think that's the seventh Ghostbusters I've played now and the main thing I've learned is it has to be super dialed in, or else this happens.

I would agree with that.

#16642 7 years ago

I own a GB LE. The right PKE ramp is so steep, that I cannot manage shooting the ball from the left flipper, when the ball is not moving before the shot and lies kept on the left flipper. I seems that the shooting ancle from the left is far worse compared to a backhanding from the right flipper.

I have adjusted the coil power to low, could that be a reason? Do you have similar experiences?

#16643 7 years ago

I had a great game today on the GB Pro at work!

20160822_142749 (resized).jpg20160822_142749 (resized).jpg

#16644 7 years ago

Had an awesome game Saturday night. I just don't see why people are complaining about the flipper gap. I am by no means a top player, above average at best. I guess this game just fits my game play and style.

2.4 billion on my first ball

IMG_20160820_212331936 (resized).jpgIMG_20160820_212331936 (resized).jpg

#16645 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Had an awesome game Saturday night. I just don't see why people are complaining about the flipper gap. I am by no means a top player, above average at best. I guess this game just fits my game play and style.

2.4 billion on the first ball and you consider yourself above average at best???

#16646 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Had an awesome game Saturday night. I just don't see why people are complaining about the flipper gap.

Pinsiders like to complain......about nothing.

#16647 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Wow, your last few balls were cr*p

#16648 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, your last few balls were cr*p

HaHa...I know! I was playing a two player game and started to lose rhythm in between balls.

#16649 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

2.4 billion on the first ball and you consider yourself above average at best???

Yes... Couldn't get over a 100 million after that!!!

#16650 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Score's not the reason for complaints. "Mode flow" is. You can get billions and only see "Who Brought the Dog". Which modes did you get through?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/333 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.