IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 360.
#16551 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I think we'll be waiting a fair amount of time on the Premiums. I suspect Stern is doing some real damage control with all the playfield issues (as they should).

I agree. No way premiums go out unless problem is identified and permanent fix is implemented.

#16552 7 years ago

Is anyone working on a mod to replace the Firehouse with a more detailed 3D version (like the library on the LE)?

#16553 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is anyone working on a mod to replace the Firehouse with a more detailed 3D version (like the library on the LE)?

+1

#16555 7 years ago

MezelMods is working on a 3D firehouse and library for the pros.

Some pics of the progress here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods

#16557 7 years ago

I think it would have been nice if they included the theme song from the second movie since the game covers both films. Was a pretty popular tune at the time.

I guess this is something that could be added somewhere with the browser.

#16560 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A "little" big for the pf isn't it.

That's what she said...

#16561 7 years ago

@oldpinguy (and others moders)

on the power board, we have a free connector delivering 12V...

12v_(resized).JPG12v_(resized).JPG

can we use it to directly connect this kind of sound-led-lighting ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-system-backglass-animation

#16562 7 years ago

Nice...Ill have to look into tapping this as well.

I hope to run the flashers over the next couple days and see how this relates as well.

I am not anticipating any issues....but surprised and grateful you found this! Thanks!

#16563 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think it would have been nice if they included the theme song from the second movie since the game covers both films. Was a pretty popular tune at the time.
I guess this is something that could be added somewhere with the browser.

Maybe Licensing issues or costs?
Who else is missing? Thompson Twins, Laura Branigan, Air Supply from 1.
Bobby Brown, Elton John Glen Frey from 2.
There's several others too.
What is the actual full list of music in the game? Anyone done a list?

#16564 7 years ago

Is Savin' The Day in it?
That seems like it would be a pretty cool tune for a mode.

#16565 7 years ago

I seems some of the music in the modes is "inspired" by the equivalent song from the movie. "We Got One" sounds similar to "Cleaning Up The Town" and there is a similar "Saving The Day" inspired track later.

I'll be adding Bobby Brown's "Own Our Own" with Pinball Browser, probably replacing Parker's song when the game is over. Parker's instrumental version is already played during the game, so it's represented plenty already.

#16566 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I seems some of the music in the modes is "inspired" by the equivalent song from the movie. "We Got One" sounds similar to "Cleaning Up The Town" and there is a similar "Saving The Day" inspired track later.
I'll be adding Bobby Brown's "Own Our Own" with Pinball Browser, probably replacing Parker's song when the game is over. Parker's instrumental version is already played during the game, so it's represented plenty already.

The Bobby brown song was the one is was referring to in the second movie. Not a bad song and was a big hit at the time. If you add this post of video, I'd like to see how it sounds and how you edit it.

#16567 7 years ago

Yes that would be a pretty good place for the Bobby track. With lyrics, or instrumental version?
Prob with lyrics after the game I reckon. Instrumental if you were using it in game during some manic multiball wizard Mode would be good.

#16568 7 years ago

I want to use the version that was in the music video. It starts out differently, with some beats and cuts right into the rap. I think the beats will line up nicely with the flashing lights that kick off after the end of the game.

#16569 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are premiums shipping yet?

Some distros have been saying they are on the line this week. Pics or it didn't happen, though - right?

#16570 7 years ago

for those talking about music, another reminder as i think my previous post about this was not really seen...

well than, as my other hobby is djjing, i've made this small mix, for free use & fun only, enjoy (or not)

The Bus Boys / Cleanin' Up The Town
Bobby Brown / On Our Own
Alessi / Savin' The Day
New Edition / Supernatural
Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew / Spirit
JT Taylor / The Promised Land
Oingo Boingo / Flesh 'N Blood
The Thompson Twins / In The Name Of Love
Ray Parker Jr. / Ghostbusters
Run DMC / Ghostbusters
Bobby Brown / We're Back
The Trammps / Disco Inferno
Elton John / Love Is A Cannibal
Laura Branigan / Hot Night
Glenn Frey / Flip City
Howard Huntsberry / Higher And Higher

(RT 9'57 - from 105 to 150 BPM)

https://soundcloud.com/dj-mxr-the-original/ghost-mix-ters

http://ti1ca.com/xxzxgp34-DJ-MXR-Ghost-mix-ters-DJ_MXR-Ghost-mix-ters.mp3.html

#16571 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice...Ill have to look into tapping this as well.
I hope to run the flashers over the next couple days and see how this relates as well.
I am not anticipating any issues....but surprised and grateful you found this! Thanks!

yep
lets wait what you can do than

#16572 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I want to use the version that was in the music video. It starts out differently, with some beats and cuts right into the rap. I think the beats will line up nicely with the flashing lights that kick off after the end of the game.
» YouTube video

Good find, just watched it, should definitely be in the game!

#16573 7 years ago

When are the premiums going to be hitting the distributors, one tells me August maybe mid sept another tells me nov/dec. any ideas?

#16574 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When are the premiums going to be hitting the distributors, one tells me August maybe mid sept another tells me nov/dec. any ideas?

They're coming as fast as the clear can fall off the wood!

#16575 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

#16576 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny

#16577 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

GoING to be later then sooner not even sure I am going to get my LE in august

#16578 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those talking about music, another reminder as i think my previous post about this was not really seen...
well than, as my other hobby is djjing, i've made this small mix, for free use & fun only, enjoy (or not)

This is fantastic! Would be great at the end of the game!

#16579 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

This is fantastic! Would be great at the end of the game!

Remember, we can't change the length of time that our custom audio plays. It currently runs at around 30 seconds or so at the end of the game....so that's all the longer any custom audio we put in is going to run.

#16580 7 years ago

30 seconds isn't long enough to do the song on our own.

Where would this song fit and how would one use the version that was posted from YouTube yesterday, the edited music video version.

#16581 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

30 seconds isn't long enough to do the song on our own.
Where would this song fit and how would one use the version that was posted from YouTube yesterday, the edited music video version.

Yeah, never said I was putting in the whole song. It will just be a clip, like Parker's clip at the end of a game.

30ish seconds gets the intro beats and the rap.

If that gets old, I'll have a 2nd clip from the chorus I can swap it out with.

#16582 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yeah, never said I was putting in the whole song. It will just be a clip, like Parker's clip at the end of a game.
30ish seconds gets the intro beats and the rap.
If that gets old, I'll have a 2nd clip from the chorus I can swap it out with.

I haven't looked into the code, is it really only 30 seconds?

I think it could potentially work in the game as well.

#16583 7 years ago

After 30 days , still no play field issues. Hope they find whatever caused others to fail.

#16584 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't looked into the code, is it really only 30 seconds?
I think it could potentially work in the game as well.

Someone with the game can chime in. When "Ghostbusters" starts playing after the last ball has drained (the clip that includes Ray Parker Jr singing), approx how long does it play before going into attract mode?

#16585 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Someone with the game can chime in. When "Ghostbusters" starts playing after the last ball has drained (the clip that includes Ray Parker Jr singing), approx how long does it play before going into attract mode?

Looks like to get the rap from that video version it either has to be from the beginning or it is in there again at 2:54 and goes right into chorus which may sound better.

#16586 7 years ago

Dupe

#16587 7 years ago

Got the call about 12hrs ago GBLE is shipping out tommrow had heard rumors of another delay but I guess that is not the case. Can't wait despite the chance of PF defects.

#16588 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks like to get the rap from that video version it either has to be from the beginning or it is in there again at 2:54 and goes right into chorus which may sound better.

Yeah....I will experiment. If I'm going to use a section from the mid-part, I'd pull from by high quality AAC file. I'd only use the music video rip from YouTube to get its different intro....I just think those few beats at the beginning will look good with the lights flashing.

But I won't know until I try, and to try I need my Premium to ship!

#16589 7 years ago

Thinking about it, I'd have it going straight into the chorus I reckon. There's too much 'tension' in the rap for a game end sequence, whereas the chorus has a more relaxed and natural post game feel like the existing Ghostbusters 'outro' they use.
Just like a you would in a song, repeat chorus to fade.

#16590 7 years ago

The outro chorus with the 'gotta, gotta' bit in between the usual lyrics..

#16591 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yeah....I will experiment. If I'm going to use a section from the mid-part, I'd pull from by high quality AAC file. I'd only use the music video rip from YouTube to get its different intro....I just think those few beats at the beginning will look good with the lights flashing.
But I won't know until I try, and to try I need my Premium to ship!

Same here, have a premium on order as well.

Keep me posted with what you come up with because that song has got to be in there.

#16592 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Thinking about it, I'd have it going straight into the chorus I reckon. There's too much 'tension' in the rap for a game end sequence, whereas the chorus has a more relaxed and natural post game feel like the existing Ghostbusters 'outro' they use.
Just like a you would in a song, repeat chorus to fade.

I think they do play the chorus as the outro in ghostbusters II

#16593 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

When "Ghostbusters" starts playing after the last ball has drained (the clip that includes Ray Parker Jr singing), approx how long does it play before going into attract mode?

I would guess 15-25 seconds

#16594 7 years ago

I put the code in the browser and I think the shortest snippet of Ray Parker is 34s and change, I'm assuming that is last ball drain. It is in the code an awful lot. If it doesn't work at the end I think there maybe another good spot in the game but would need to determine where all the requests for the Ray Parker song are in the game. Looks like that song could get very repetitive!

#16595 7 years ago

Added the "Dancing Toaster" mod from GBII movie tonight. I bought mine from Hobby Lobby, but you can also get at Amazon/Etsy and other places

Mounted with small piece of sticky velcro. Bread is glued in using E6000 adhesive

Tiny but noticeable if you are looking for it

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Dollhouses-Miniatures/Miniatures/Miniature-Toaster-with-Bread/p/22221

https://www.amazon.com/CraftyCrocodile-Miniature-Toaster-with-Bread/dp/B00WAAV6YC

20160818_211847_(resized).jpg20160818_211847_(resized).jpg20160818_211658_(resized).jpg20160818_211658_(resized).jpg20160818_211734_(resized).jpg20160818_211734_(resized).jpg

#16596 7 years ago

For all its issues, the more I play this game the more I like it. It's a really fun layout with the best all round theme integration from any recent Stern. Yetis art is one of pinballs best, and Trudeau's layout is unique with really satisfying shots and just enough difficulty for long term play.

Obviously the real shame is that quality issues and lack of management communication have totally overshadowed the launch of a great game. I know the issues will be sorted out eventually, but at what cost to Sterns goodwill?

I feel sorry for Trudeau and Yeti.

#16597 7 years ago

JT and Yeti will get over it. I feel sorry for all the people that have received faulty merchandise. It really is a shame. Especially for the early LE adopters. It's not like they can build more of them to replace the faulty ones, the only thing they can do is ship replacement parts and who wants that? They cant expect people to change all the hardware on the playfield themselves surely?!
I really want a Prem, but I can wait until they finally get all the issues ironed out.
GB could and should have been Stern's TAF, but at the moment they are blowing their chance of that big time it seems.

#16598 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

I feel sorry for all the people that have received faulty merchandise. It really is a shame. Especially for the early LE adopters.

I'm sure we'll get over it also. Stern will make good eventually.

But Trudeau finally gets a great theme, probably best since Creech, nails it, and now the only thing anyone's talking about is ghosted inserts and Slimer's ass.

Likewise for Yeti. His first foray into pinball was with Papaduik and he gets screwed. He finally gets the dream theme with Stern, nails it, and all anyone is talking about is airballs and mismatched side rails.

#16599 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

the only thing anyone's talking about is ghosted inserts and Slimer's ass, airballs and mismatched side rails.

LMAO! I come to this thread to avoid all the issues discussed on the others threads. I have a Pro, it looks good, plays great, and I'm ready to hear about game play, mods, LED configurations, etc... Let's try to keep at least one thread free from discussing the issues as there are plenty of those (for good reason I may add). So, what have you? Tell me something I have yet to hear about GB?

#16600 7 years ago

I have a new side rail in the mail.

I contacted my distributor and within 24 hrs, Stern drop-shipped it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/332 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.