IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 360.
#14101 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was told the week of the 20th, sorry not the third week

If you look at the video with all of the LE cabinets laid out, I would bet they start rolling on the line next week. They don't bring in that many cabinets in advance, and having a crap load of LE cabs sitting around for a whole week is inviting someone to nick a corner or scrape a decal. I doubt they would chance that. The fact they are sitting there and have decals applied would lead me to believe they are coming down very soon. I would bet they start shipping to distributors by the end of next week...........

#14102 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Get ready to get super excited!! Here I present to you the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown pre-show, sneak peek premiere of Ghostbusters Premium! Oh golly! Complete with the first play by good ole buddy ole pal Zach, who got himself on the board on his first try
» YouTube video

That's awesome. The back glass art is unreal with stay puft on fire. Looks great.

#14103 7 years ago

That kid didnt do to bad at all, i thought this was the hardest game since sliced bread?

#14104 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

That kid didnt do to bad at all, i thought this was the hardest game since sliced bread?

Came here to say the same thing. Kid responds to all of the negative pinside comments on the machine's first game.

#14105 7 years ago

Exactly. The kid knows how to play. He should write a review. He just proved some reviews on here I pointed out to be bogus.
One other thing I noticed was the magna slings looked pretty good.

#14106 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had invisglass but I was paranoid about scratches. Every time my kids touched it I panicked and ran for the ammonia free cleaner. Ultimately, I think Color DMD trumps invisiglass dollar for dollar, but to each his own.

It's too bad that you were so paranoid about scratches. There's no reason to be. I have either Invisiglass or PDI on all of my pins, and we've had lots of parties for my girls over the years with dozens of kids (12-17) who would be leaning over the glass on both sides and would leave huge streaks and finger prints all over the glass. I've never had a single scratch on any of them.

There was a thread discussing which was the better upgrade, PDI or Color DMD. Color DMD won the poll easily, but I'd take PDI glass over the color dmd myself. Reason being that I only see the color dmd occasionally when I'm playing. By contrast, I am looking at (through) the PDI glass nearly the entire time that I am playing. To me, it isn't even close: if I could only have one or the other, I'd take the PDI, but I am one of those people who thinks that it makes a *huge* difference. Many people think it is only marginally better.

Edit: here is the original thread with discussion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-a-better-mod-for-the-money-colordmd-or-invisiglass

#14107 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's too bad that you were so paranoid about scratches. There's no reason to be. I have either Invisiglass or PDI on all of my pins, and we've had lots of parties for my girls over the years with dozens of kids (12-17) who would be leaning over the glass on both sides and would leave huge streaks and finger prints all over the glass. I've never had a single scratch on any of them.
There was a thread discussing which was the better upgrade, PDI or Color DMD. Color DMD won the poll easily, but I'd take PDI glass over the color dmd myself. Reason being that I only see the color dmd occasionally when I'm playing. By contrast, I am looking at (through) the PDI glass nearly the entire time that I am playing. To me, it isn't even close: if I could only have one or the other, I'd take the PDI, but I am one of those people who thinks that it makes a *huge* difference. Many people think it is only marginally better.
Edit: here is the original thread with discussion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-a-better-mod-for-the-money-colordmd-or-invisiglass

Agreed

#14108 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Almost all of the reviews were based on the Pro's.. Not the LE or Premium, which I feel won't be nearly as difficult as the Pro's. They will need to be reviewed from a completely different standpoint then the Pro.

Maybe the video simply proves that the Premium is a much more "user friendly" machine the Pro.

#14109 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Almost all of the reviews were based on the Pro's.. Not the LE or Premium, which I feel won't be nearly as difficult as the Pro's. They will need to be reviewed from a completely different standpoint then the Pro.
Maybe the video simply proves that the Premium is a much more "user friendly" machine the Pro.

While I agree with you that the prem could be easier do to the mag slings, roaming slimer and right ramp in addition to factory mods to slimer mech and higher outlanes. The real reason I assumed the kid played well on the Prem was probably because he played the pro a bunch and knew the game.

#14110 7 years ago

The real reason is because that's Zach McCarthy and he's a legit good pinball player. Very good.

#14111 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really depends on the game for me...

#14112 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Really depends on the game for me...

That makes sense. I mean a pin like MB where you get the chance to look at the DMD more than normal would make it a closer call for me vs something like IM where you don't see the DMD much while playing.

#14113 7 years ago

Nice to see you can backhand the left ramp. Wasn't sure this would be possible on the Pre/LE. Maybe they already showed that in the Dead Flip live stream but I don't remember.

#14114 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Nice to see you can backhand the left ramp. Wasn't sure this would be possible on the Pre/LE. Maybe they already showed that in the Dead Flip live stream but I don't remember.

Yes, we can finally say for certain the left ramp can be backhanded! The magnaslings looked to work well too. They aren't as active as regular slings, but it's neat to have something 'different' on a game like this.

Rob

#14115 7 years ago

Thanks for the videos.

Can you smell it? A bunch of GBLE are hitting your homes in the next few days in good old America!

The jam at Jimmy Kimmel was so funny, but I miss somehow Gary does a solodance for the huge success with the GB license .

btw, why did not Stern fit up the 1st Premium at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown with all the aftermarket accessories (topper, siderails, blades)? Every car in a showroom is stuffed with additional $$$ extras.

#14116 7 years ago

looking at this latest video I can see those that have surmised all these cons and design flaws are correct. This poor young guy looked distressed, and those short ball times.....wow. How many ball saves were there.....one, and lucky he at least got a consolation multiball otherwise I think he was going to end his life.

And the best comment to justify and not admit that this could be a good title is, "well you know this kid is a good player",......um so???

oh are we saying you "gotta play better" then???

#14117 7 years ago

Southern Fried Game Room Expo..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14118 7 years ago

I just can't get over how much better the back glass on the LE looks compared to the washed out translite on the premium and Pro.

#14119 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'll be the lonely voice of dissent. Invisiglass is undoubtedly cool, but for that much monies, I couldn't justify it. For my non-pinball friends, I had to explain what it was vs. the immediate response of Color DMD.

Either way, purchase what you enjoy.

#14120 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I just can't get over how much better the back glass on the LE looks compared to the washed out translite on the premium and Pro.

I was wrong about this, it is a backglass.

It's not a backglass, it's a translite.

#14121 7 years ago

the LE really is spectacular in person. I was lucky enough to get to play a game last night while unpacking at Southern Fried and i'm so excited for my premium now.

#14122 7 years ago

Crappy unboxing video. If you want cinematography go to a movie.

#14123 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's not a backglass, it's a translite.

Really the LE is a translite ??

#14124 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Really the LE is a translite ??

From what I could tell? Yes. Does it look great? Yes.

#14125 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

In wondering if it's just not a mirrored backglass but still glass, I'm not in on an LE getting a premium but that would be a bummer for LE owners.

#14126 7 years ago

Get ready to get super excited!! Here I present to you the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown pre-show, sneak peek premiere of Ghostbusters Premium! Oh golly! Complete with the first play by good ole buddy ole pal Zach, who got himself on the board on his first try
» YouTube video

Great vid - thanks for sharing. That kid is good.

Premium will look awesome with some dark metallic purple armour.

#14127 7 years ago

Funny they use the LE apron stickers on the Premium. Wonder if it reads differently or it's just the added border slime.

#14128 7 years ago

Anyone else notice the sporadic weak flipper in the Rocky Mtn premium video? Anyone else experiencing this on their pros?

#14129 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's backglass.

#14130 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

In wondering if it's just not a mirrored backglass but still glass, I'm not in on an LE getting a premium but that would be a bummer for LE owners.

Nope, sadly just a translite. Yeah it looks cool but its still a bunmer to see Stern drop yet another feature. If it was a bakglass Stern would have listed it in the feature matrix as they are sure to mention every other difference. Sadly this is yet another cost cutting move while prices rise.

I'm surprised that the LE doesn't have a real backglass and that the speaker panel isn't a real stainless steel grill (Star Trek LE style) and instead is just a decal like on the pro and premium.

#14131 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nope, sadly just a translite. Yeah it looks cool but its still a bunmer to see Stern drop yet another feature. If it was a bakglass Stern would have listed it in the feature matrix as they are sure to mention every other difference. Sadly this is yet another cost cutting move while prices rise.
I'm surprised that the LE doesn't have a real backglass and that the speaker panel isn't a real stainless steel grill (Star Trek LE style) and instead is just a decal like on the pro and premium.

Check this out:

#14132 7 years ago

Does the LE have a metal apron?

#14133 7 years ago

I stand corrected. We just took it out and it is a backglass. Sorry about that, when we looked at it yesterday it looked like it was a translite.

#14134 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It is

#14135 7 years ago

How cool would it have been if Stern would have put Proton stream LEDs on the side of the cabinet that light up at times, like Star Trek LE? I wish they would have went the extra mile on a title
like this, but the price of the LE still does have value to me because I like the limited edition art, real backglass, standard shaker motor, and ....... Well, I guess that's pretty much it. Goddammit

#14136 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Check this out:

Awesome! Thats good. I swear orginally it said translite for all 3, maybe Stern updated it.

#14137 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, premium does as well which is nice to see.

#14138 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome! Thats good. I swear orginally it said translite for all 3, maybe Stern updated it.

I know where you got that from- in the LE promotional flyer (still up on Stern's site) it says "Custom Translite by Yeti", so whoever did that made a mistake- so I totally see how there is confusion there. The same guy who made the original "Reenforcment" typo probably did the Photoshop job on the LE flyer

#14139 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How cool would it have been if Stern would have put Proton stream LEDs on the side of the cabinet that light up at times, like Star Trek LE? I wish they would have went the extra mile on a title
like this, but the price of the LE still does have value to me because I like the limited edition art, real backglass, standard shaker motor, and ....... Well, I guess that's pretty much it. Goddammit

Yeah that would have been awesome. Imagine if the green proton laser etched armor came with the LE with lights in the cabinet like you said to make it look like the stream was actually lighting up. Damn that would have been amazing.

#14140 7 years ago

The pro translite I saw almost looked wavy like it was not pressed flat so glad the LE has an actual backglass

#14141 7 years ago

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting the vid. The very first think I noticed was how easy it was for him to cradle the ball, to me it looks like the flippers are adjusted a bit higher. Is that so?

#14142 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for posting the vid. The very first think I noticed was how easy it was for him to cradle the ball, to me it looks like the flippers are adjusted a bit higher. Is that so?

That was first thing i noticed to, the flippers are definitely up more in there resting position then my Pro.

#14143 7 years ago

I'm in on the LE because of the Slimer look.

Going back and forth on this one but I think I'll stick with Slimer, back glass, artwork and metal apron look awesome.

Worth the extra money? Not really I think but wtf

Do both LE and premium have a shaker?

#14144 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Going back and forth on this one but I think I'll stick with Slimer, back glass, artwork and metal apron look awesome.

I think just the LE has the shaker.

It's extremely easy to install a shaker on the SPIKE system. 4 screws into the cabinet, 2 to hold the plastic cover down, then plug it in to the cabinet node board. If it takes you longer than 90 seconds, you did something wrong.

#14145 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I believe the Limited is the only one with factory shaker.

#14146 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in on the LE as well. I feel the same way. I don't know what Stern charges for amor right now...around $500-600? With that, the backglass, and the shaker, that does account for some tangible things to somewhat justify the cost difference. There's also the LE factor when it comes to collectability and perceived value long term...generally LE's hold their value the best. At the end of the day, I go with the one I like the best. I don't sell a lot of games anyway. I think the Slimer look looks cool and I like the backlass the best.

#14147 7 years ago

So are the rumors true about the double coat clear on LE I have heard it both ways.

#14148 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So are the rumors true about the double coat clear on LE I have heard it both ways.

I missed something? I thought the LEs have a coating over the signature....

Love that the LE is actually glass! The artwork, because of the white screening, takes the existing lighting and disburses it more evenly.

There should be a way to help Pros and Premiums light better, without much effort.
Certainly Back box lighting kits, or add ons, be it Home owner strips, or Products we and others have,
But I think if one has the material, an extra layer of maybe Silicone Baking Paper, Wax paper, something added might help these gain a better "glow" and even spread of the lighting....

Just sharing an opinion and seed, that someone might play a bit with there pro, and see if there is any help
from this method....even just a large white sheet of paper?

Thoughts?

#14149 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Supposedly, yes. They did say at the beginning of all of this that the LE playfields would be signed and double coated.....remains to actually be seen though...lol

#14150 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I missed something? I thought the LEs have a coating over the signature....
Love that the LE is actually glass! The artwork, because of the white screening, takes the existing lighting and disburses it more evenly.
There should be a way to help Pros and Premiums light better, without much effort.
Certainly Back box lighting kits, or add ons, be it Home owner strips, or Products we and others have,
But I think if one has the material, an extra layer of maybe Silicone Baking Paper, Wax paper, something added might help these gain a better "glow" and even spread of the lighting....
Just sharing an opinion and seed, that someone might play a bit with there pro, and see if there is any help
from this method....even just a large white sheet of paper?
Thoughts?

Not sure if that would help out the "washed out" look that translites have compared to backglasses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/283 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.