• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 360.
#16351 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is this normal? I played a pro this weekend and I hated that the flippers were like that. I played 2 games and walked away because of it. I CAN'T STAND misaligned flippers and I thought they were just that. Was the game actually designed like this?
I think TWD also is designed with "droopy" flippers. I aligned mine traditionally and the game plays great!
With flippers not lined up level with the ball return guide, it messes with my head. The entire geometry that 99% of pinball machines use gets thrown out the window.

Yup, that's how Trudeau designed it. But I agree, it throws me off and even makes the ball bounce differently. Someone said once they made them "normal", they realized it felt off and put them back to droopy. Just wondering if anyone else put them to normal and find that it plays well that way.

#16352 3 years ago

i cant deal with original setting, i prefer just setup "in line" with the lanes...
but again, its all personal taste & feeling
of course, this change all shoot angles, but its only a matter of few games to adapt your gameplay

#16353 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i cant deal with original setting, i prefer just setup "in line" with the lanes...
of course, this change all shoot angles, but its only a matter of few games to adapt your gameplay

Ok cool - so you don't find that there are shots that can't be made when they're set up in line? You can still aim and hit the left side targets and captive ball and the right side scoop?

#16354 3 years ago

for those asking plastics protector, here're mine, than just DIY

these are for PRO version
for LE not sure about the slimer moving right to left, and about the left side lanes, use n° 3 as you have the extra ramp there...

all 3 on 1 sheet of A4 paper : http://ti1ca.com/6dy9jag6-plastiques-plastiques.bmp.html

#16355 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok cool - so you don't find that there are shots that can't be made when they're set up in line? You can still aim and hit the left side targets and captive ball and the right side scoop?

of course, all can be hit, else it would have been a nonsense to make the change
now, logically, lets admit the right scoop is harder

#16356 3 years ago

Ghostbusters New Game Code V1.12 just posted!!!!!

#16357 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Nice

#16358 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Link

#16359 3 years ago

for those asking question about my own plastics here're some pics with the beta-design, as it you can see how it looks, more for the slimer (it was very basic for the left/right lanes)

the last pics in this album :

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110304160913314353072/album/AF1QipNx_IU9D_O2JibvP1kLUyv2Nck0rTA7isZiqWJI

#16360 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ghostbusters New Game Code V1.12 just posted!!!

I'm not seeing it either. Funny, when you click on th GB Pro code link - you get a TILT page. ...so maybe it was posted, then yanked really quickly?

#16361 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm not seeing it either. Funny, when you click on th GB Pro code link - you get a TILT page. ...so maybe it was posted, then yanked really quickly?

Maybe.....

#16362 3 years ago

Wonder if WackyBrakke was smoking some WackyTobacky.....? lol

#16363 3 years ago

this is not a funny joke :/

#16364 3 years ago

Now I have to keep checking Steens site over and over

#16365 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Re-aligning the flippers to the inlane guides was a day 1 alteration for me, the gap doesn't bother me but the droopy alignment does. Same with TWD. The only problem is when you have to play another machine in a comp with the original alignment you pretty much have no chance unless you can get plenty of practice on it first. That happened to me recently on a JM, mine were aligned with the inlanes but the comp machine had droopy flippers, I couldn't hit anything.

#16366 3 years ago

I installed the carrot flippers and left the droop. Only got to play half a game but noticed the extra length right away. Old flipper gap was 2 5/8" and new is 2 3/8" in resting position which still isnt close to 2" on WOZ and LOTR here.

20160811_122137_(resized).jpg

#16367 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Re-aligning the flippers to the inlane guides was a day 1 alteration for me, the gap doesn't bother me but the droopy alignment does. Same with TWD. The only problem is when you have to play another machine in a comp with the original alignment you pretty much have no chance unless you can get plenty of practice on it first. That happened to me recently on a JM, mine were aligned with the inlanes but the comp machine had droopy flippers, I couldn't hit anything.

right of course !
but in fact every (same) pinballs play differently, because of lots of other details than just the flippers position... and thats also why playing pinball is so nice

#16369 3 years ago

Does anybody else have two different lollipop rails? GBLE#311

IMG_20160811_171456687_(resized).jpg

#16370 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Omg. These are LE's for F's sake! The lack of QC and attention to detail is astounding!!!

#16371 3 years ago

Next question...which one should it be? Or, are they hiding something?

#16372 3 years ago

Two different rails makes it really limited!

#16373 3 years ago

You act as if the LE's get more care and scrutiny than the others. To the workers it's just another build. The extra money you pay goes toward different GFX and different mechs... and of course profit!

I bet they slap them together just like the Pro's - no more and no less.

#16374 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Now you just need to track down the guy who has a set of rails like yours and work out a trade deal

#16375 3 years ago

this is my style

1470956223338-977683447_(resized).jpg

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Now you just need to track down the guy who has a set of rails like yours and work out a trade deal

He needs somebody with the opposite of his mismatched set.

LTG : )

#16377 3 years ago

What's scary is both style rails are powder coated correctly so it's obviously intentional

#16378 3 years ago

Like the second one better, crazy though

#16379 3 years ago

It's the rarely seen Asymmetric LE.

#16380 3 years ago

Maybe the guy with the GOT instruction cards in his GB has your match.

#16381 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Crazy stuff!

I would probably never even notice that if it was my machine ... You'd just presume they were the same. "Hey your rails are different!" "Wtf!"

rd

#16382 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Crazy stuff!
I would probably never even notice that if it was my machine ... You'd just presume they were the same. "Hey your rails are different!" "Wtf!"
rd

I was thinking the same thing....probably be a fluke notice for me down the road!

#16383 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No. Both our GBLE rails are the same as your second photo. All of our older Sterns (2014 and older) have the same design as your first photo!

#16384 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those asking question about my own plastics here're some pics with the beta-design, as it you can see how it looks, more for the slimer (it was very basic for the left/right lanes)
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110304160913314353072/album/AF1QipNx_IU9D_O2JibvP1kLUyv2Nck0rTA7isZiqWJI

Could you give us some quick measurements on this? It looks fantastic! Even if just width and length .... anything is helpful.

#16385 3 years ago

Looks like someone found an old Hulk LE rail and threw it on..

#16386 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Looks like someone found an old Hulk LE rail and threw it on..

Hulk was a different green...it had sparkles in it..."candy green", I think. This new style "wedge" rail started with STLE, I believe. Perhaps they ran out of the wedge ones, painted some lollipops but didn't bother making sure they should only be installed in matching pairs.

#16387 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs a ton.
The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Also, note that my Slimer hits his butt on the plastic as he returns to the city .... no change from before because he hit his butt on the black metal even before i added the plastic.
Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7emh5b0xTQWxnQ1k/view?usp=sharing
20160811_201641_(resized).jpg20160811_205741_(resized).jpg20160811_205750_(resized).jpg20160811_205807_(resized).jpg20160811_205758_(resized).jpg20160811_205758_(resized).jpg
Added over 4 years ago: EDIT - EDIT - EDIT ... Version 2 is now available for download. Find new posting here:
xxx
Fixed Slimer butt dragging by reshaping plastic
Fixed ball "touching" the plastic on way up ramp by removing 6MM of material from rear
Found a VERY nice jigsaw blade that cuts Lexan like a dream (Bosch Laminate blade - Home Depot)

Added over 4 years ago: New posting is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934

#16388 3 years ago

Was told today that my premium has shipped, anyone else gotten theirs yet?

#16389 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

So I took a real close look at your pics - really nice job on this. I cut a cardboard template tonight. After a few attempts, I got the correct geometry. Cut a piece from lexan and install and voila! it works. Cuts down on airballs a ton.
The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:

I would send you $20 for one

#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from bobloblaw:

Was told today that my premium has shipped, anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Wow...really? Can I ask who your distributor is? That's great news...thanks for sharing.

#16391 3 years ago

Got an extra one I can swing by and get sometime?

#16392 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I hope you enjoyed this. Been hacking any sites lately or developing viruses? Goodluck if so

#16394 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Got an extra one I can swing by and get sometime?

I'm picking up a fresh sheet of Lexan, I'll be happy to make you one. Might be Sunday or so. Hope your loving it! Can't wait to come over and play Hobbit!

#16395 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Wow...really? Can I ask who your distributor is? That's great news...thanks for sharing.

Maybe not great news if the issues are not fixed..,

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe not great news if the issues are not fixed..,

I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.

#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm picking up a fresh sheet of Lexan, I'll be happy to make you one. Might be Sunday or so. Hope your loving it! Can't wait to come over and play Hobbit!

Can I buy one from you as well?

#16398 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The ball juuuuust barely touches the back side of it as it climbs the ramp. Not enough to slow it down. Also, note that my Slimer hits his butt on the plastic as he returns to the city .... no change from before because he hit his butt on the black metal even before i added the plastic.
Attached is my template. Print the PDF at full size, NO scale to fit. I've included some measurements in millimeters so you'll know if it printed to scale. Enjoy!
GET TEMPLATE HERE:

Thanks for posting. Looks like a great solution. Did you use the existing hardware on the playfield to install?

#16399 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for posting. Looks like a great solution. Did you use the existing hardware on the playfield to install?

Yes, just used the 2 existing posts/nuts on the black metal captive ball cage.

For the folks asking, I won't be making or selling these, sorry.

#16400 3 years ago

I will buy a plastic as well PM me with price if you start making them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.50
$ 103.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside