IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 360.
#1 8 years ago

Word on the street is that Stern will be releasing a "Classic" Ghostbusters pin early next year unrelated to the female reboot of the same name. Interested in Pinsiders speculation, wants, desires and fears about this pin.

LCD? Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man LE? Lyman code? Mini-Playfields? Viggo? Akroyd and Murray custom speech?

Endless possibilities. I am stoked about this one!

#2 8 years ago

Lots of ramps, shots, toys, a cannon, and a playfield with nice art on all models, please.

#3 8 years ago

Slimer topper

#4 8 years ago

I would think Gozer dogs with glowing red led eyes would be a must.

I'd love to see Stay-puft, but he'd really need to be done in some larger-than-life kind of way, like maybe with just his huge head and hands showing over the top of a building edge that runs along the back wall. As if the playfield is on the roof or something like that.

#5 8 years ago

proton pack?????

#6 8 years ago

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg This, on a smaller scale, would make a really cool ball trap/lock.

#7 8 years ago

I think people will be upset with ____ graphics

and the fact that ___ was not included

and also the layout is similar to ____

and the difference between versions are ____

#8 8 years ago

Could slime goblins come up out of the playfield like MM?

#9 8 years ago

A Stay-Puft topper could be cool if done right. Maybe his hands coming around the back of the backbox and his hat and eyes on top.

#10 8 years ago

There are lots of good scenes in the original move. Haunted Train, Court room, Storage unit, chasing the spud in the hotel. Could have glow in the dark ghost toys. Maybe a ghost going to the bathroom, oh wait Ben could sue on that one

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Could slime goblins come up out of the playfield like MM?

I don't see Stern adding that in, but perhaps they will add 3 magnets just as LAH has and have the balls flying everywhere.

#12 8 years ago

I would love a GB pin, already have a ecto maybe as a topper, has to be original ghost busters not the new one

I would be really really disappointed if they did the original cast for le and premium only as they would miss on so many Pro sales especially with the dollar values being bad. Come on Stern do a full featured pin on all levels with only the translite and cabinet art and trim being different.

A dutch pinsider (Star_Gazer) did these concepts (which I saved as they were so cool) in another thread - awesome ideas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lego-ghostbusters-sold-out-come-on-stern-make-the-30th-anniversary-game
Note: This is not my work and hope the artist of these chimes in and I vote Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti for the artist

258422-i.png258422-i.png
259544.jpg259544.jpg
260911-i.jpg260911-i.jpg
261970-i.png261970-i.png
263041-i.png263041-i.png
266403-i.png266403-i.png
267114-i.png267114-i.png
261583-i.png261583-i.png

#13 8 years ago

If its indeed based on the classic films I'll be buying it in a heartbeat...assuming that there's a good amount of features. Honestly I haven't been impressed with number and quality of toys in Stern's 3 latest titles. Starting with WWE each of their games is coming with less and less...

I'm going to say the chances of custom speech at least from Dan Aykroyd are near 100% as he loves everything about Ghostbusters. He helped write the story after all!

I really hope an Ecto-1 LE is made. Make the speaker grill look like the grill on the Ecto-1, the side rails powder coated red to match trim of the Ecto-1 and an interactive beacon topper with siren! Combine that with artwork that resembles the sides of the Ecto-1 and you have an LE that will rival Star Trek LE.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I don't see Stern adding that in, but perhaps they will add 3 magnets just as LAH has and have the balls flying everywhere.

To the sound of the Echo-1 ambulance siren.

#15 8 years ago

Speech, music, and callouts could be awesome if done right. "Total Protonic Reversal."

#16 8 years ago

Dammit, where is the poll?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

To the sound of the Echo-1 ambulance siren.

with a pair of blue lights going off on the Echo-1 topper !

#18 8 years ago

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while now. We have seen Stern leverage a mini LCD in WWE LE. My idea is to have a Ghostbusters firehouse toy with a mini LCD placed behind the windows within it. Each window could then be animated for game modes, features, etc.

#19 8 years ago

Very nice illustrations, swinks. I'm afraid though, I can't see Stern putting that much money into the BOM. Though it would be really nice if they did.

#20 8 years ago

alternatively you could go for a sub playfield which could be inside the trap with 2 flippers and a green ball and the ghosts are trying to escape the trap to start a ghost escape multiball

#21 8 years ago

A couple of possibilities for "volcano-style" multiball: a card catalog drawer or the roof of the firehouse itself (from the "turning off the grid" scene)

#22 8 years ago

A Vigo painting that's somehow animated to show his face moving.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

alternatively you could go for a sub playfield which could be inside the trap with 2 flippers and a green ball and the ghosts are trying to escape the trap to start a ghost escape multiball

Or a sub playfield that is the subway full of pink slime!

.... not everyone hates the second movie

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Or a sub playfield that is the subway full of pink slime!
.... not everyone hates the second movie

I love the 2nd movie! They need to add elements from it, even if the first movie gets the lion's share.

#25 8 years ago

I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering anything and I usually wait until pins hit the secondary market. That being said I think Ghosbusters (original theme ONLY) would make a fantastic pin! I would definitely be interested in this one....could even be my first NIB since LOTR in 2003!

#1 want - CUSTOM VOICE WORK BY SOME OF THE ORIGINAL CAST......ESPECIALLY BILL MURRAY!!!!! (will never happen).

#26 8 years ago

thinking of all the cool toys/ideas that could have been on GoT I have my doubts that this game will come through with anything breakthrough or awesome like most of the ideas being kicked around

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering anything and I usually wait until pins hit the secondary market. That being said I think Ghosbusters (original theme ONLY) would make a fantastic pin! I would definitely be interested in this one....could even be my first NIB since LOTR in 2003!
#1 want - CUSTOM VOICE WORK BY SOME OF THE ORIGINAL CAST......ESPECIALLY BILL MURRAY!!!!! (will never happen).

Murray will be difficult, if only because he'll be costly. He did participate in the 2009 game, and spoke positively of his experience with it. I think money will be the issue. Akroyd is a lock. Maybe they can get Rick Moranis out of retirement too.

#28 8 years ago

Or the prehistoric bitch as a topper
Stairs that go up
A big twinkie
A dickless man
A loft with a Star Gazer pin
Cats and dogs living together

#29 8 years ago

If stern doesn't pick it up I could see JJP doing it right...heck, WOZ is a 75 year old story right and they nailed that...

#30 8 years ago

Old movies sort of suck and look majorly dated. I am definitely out on this one. This is 2015.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Old movies sort of suck and look majorly dated. I am definitely out on this one. This is 2015.

I forgot to mention: Negative Nancy's will be placed into the Ecto Containment System for all eternity (unless some EPA jackass turns off the power).

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's plenty of 2015 and other recent movies that suck. Ghostbusters is and always will be an amazing and timeless film for many. The comedy in the film is actually enjoyable unlike many of today's comedies which are about who can make the most toilet / sexual humored jokes. Comedies like Ghostbusters are from a time where character development was important in a comedy film. You don't see that nearly as often in today's comedies.

Also,if you think Ghostbusters looks dated I would watch the newly restored 4K master (mastered from 4k source) Bluray.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's plenty of 2015 and other recent movies that suck. Ghostbusters is and always will be an amazing and timeless film for many. If you think it looks dated I would watch the newly restored 4K Bluray.

It's not really 4K. Just mastered in 4K.

A true 4K UH Blu-ray will be awesome after the players arrive this Christmas.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's not really 4K. Just mastered in 4K.
A true 4K UH Blu-ray will be awesome after the players arrive this Christmas.

Yeah just realized that, lol, added. Yeah 4K Blu Ray's...I don't know if I'll be buying any of them once they are released. I've seen some upscaled Blurays on 4K native TV's and they look very impressive.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

If stern doesn't pick it up I could see JJP doing it right...heck, WOZ is a 75 year old story right and they nailed that...

Ha! If JJP picked the license up you wouldn't see the pin until 2025

#37 8 years ago

I love the 2nd movie!

Yeah, me too! I just know quite a few people who are big fans of the first one and who'd rather pretend like the second didn't exist for some reason.

Also, am I the only one who wouldn't mind a version with the art style of the cartoon series...?

#38 8 years ago

Early 2016? I'd hope they really think this one through. Its the Mt. Everest of licenses.

#39 8 years ago

Man you all have short memories. Based on the GOT reveal if they do produce this pin there's an 80% chance it will be shite. Even then the code will be a skeleton for at least 12 months.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Early 2016? I'd hope they really think this one through. Its the Mt. Everest of licenses.

Really? I mean, I liked the movies too, but I think people are overstating the theme here. It's a classic, but hardly some pinnacle of incredible ideas. And I definitely wouldn't call the second film a classic at all.

I think there are a lot of fans, and it's got a bit of a timeless aspect to it, a recognizable logo and theme song, all that stuff.

I'm just tired of the "I'm gonna buy it day one just on the mention of the name!" mentality. And Stern doesn't exactly have a sterling track record going right now of instant hits. Game of Thrones is going over like a wet fart right now, and people freaking love that show.

It's fun to speculate, knock yourselves out. But maybe calm down how you hype yourself up, because you're just going to disappoint yourself when the real game doesn't look like what you dreamed up in your head.

#41 8 years ago

I forgot to mention: Negative Nancy's will be placed into the Ecto Containment System for all eternity (unless some EPA jackass turns off the power).

You meant to say "dickless" EPA jackass.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, me too! I just know quite a few people who are big fans of the first one and who'd rather pretend like the second didn't exist for some reason.
Also, am I the only one who wouldn't mind a version with the art style of the cartoon series...?

I was just about to post that it would be nice to have one based on the cartoon. It will never happen but it's a thought. Also I'm not convinced custom voice work would be the way to go. There are so many great soundbites from the movies I don't need them to spend a bunch of money so Aykroyd can say "MULTIBALL!"

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's fun to speculate, knock yourselves out. But maybe calm down how you hype yourself up, because you're just going to disappoint yourself when the real game doesn't look like what you dreamed up in your head.

Yeah, this is all just borderline mental masturbation considering that there's a chance that Stern may never make this pin, and there's more than a fair chance that they will give it the "GoT treatment" if they do.

On the other hand, it's certainly something fun to do to between reading scathing opinions of the GoT art and watching the positively riveting video clips Stern has been posting to prove them wrong...

#44 8 years ago

I wouldn't want Stern to make it. I would rather wait a while and see a boutique pin shop like JJP do it up with LCD display and lots of toys like WOZ. I hate WOZ theme but the game is very neat.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? I mean, I liked the movies too, but I think people are overstating the theme here. It's a classic, but hardly some pinnacle of incredible ideas. And I definitely wouldn't call the second film a classic at all.
I think there are a lot of fans, and it's got a bit of a timeless aspect to it, a recognizable logo and theme song, all that stuff.
I'm just tired of the "I'm gonna buy it day one just on the mention of the name!" mentality. And Stern doesn't exactly have a sterling track record going right now of instant hits. Game of Thrones is going over like a wet fart right now, and people freaking love that show.

Hey, I'm one of the biggest Ghostbusters fans around and said I will only buy a GB pin if Stern steps it up in the features / toys department. Their last 3 titles, WWE, KISS and GOT have all lacked enough features and toys to justify the price. Same goes if the artwork isn't good. I'm tired of hearing "but you don't play the artwork". That's like saying about buying a new car which color you don't like "well, you don't see the outside of the car when you drive it so who cares".

These NIB machines are $5k-$8k...that's for a pinball machine! For those crazy prices they should have an LCD, metal ramps + rails, multiple interactive toys (sorry Stern your "super speed power spinners" don't count as a toy), shaker in the LE, deep code that is completed in a reasonable amount of time and the artwork that looks good.

#46 8 years ago

Things that are older than Ghostbusters:

ACDC
Alien
Iron Man
WOZ
Twilight Zone
The Addams Family
Indiana Jones
X-Men
Elvira
Lord of the Rings
Spiderman
Batman
Star Trek
Tron
Kiss
Creature From the Black Lagoon
etc...

Anyway, this is me a few years ago at a Halloween party. I kind of like Ghostbusters:

CIMG1709.jpgCIMG1709.jpg

#47 8 years ago

Theme is awesome. Stern is not.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aurich, I get what you're saying, but you've made the same point in many other threads. You want to temper expectations and downplay excitement until we see a product worthy of not only our excitement, but our money. And you're right with Stern's track record...

But this is a silly nerd-out thread. We get all giddy talking about art, toys, and memories of themes that make us happy. There are going to be people here who will say "Stern sucks... Ghostbusters sucks... Old movies suck..." Yeah, we got it, but it's fun to speculate. We imagine that maybe, just maybe, this will be the table to have.

So let us nerd out!

gb.jpggb.jpg

#49 8 years ago

+1 Ghostbusters

Murray.jpgMurray.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.