IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 360.
#16751 7 years ago

How about making add-a-ball a little easier to achieve on multiball?

The GB mb makes no sense to me. I've given up trying to score "jackpots" and now I just whack away at the captive ball to see if I can get an add-a-ball. SOmetimes I get one sometimes I don't. Either way it's a pain in the ass and way too difficult.

The software on this game is still a mess in my opinion and needs a ton of refinement.

Another HUGE pet peeve of mine...loopin' supers.

It's the BEST THING IN THE GAME, at least the most fun, yet, the lame software screws it up in many ways. Loopin' Supers needs to be it's own thing. Something you can't start in multiball, where it's impossible to make anything of it, and something that -once started - superscedes everything else. How friggin' lame is it to start loopin supers, only to make one loop and have the ball sent into the negative reinforcement hole for whatever reason, and then ejected. Good luck getting your loopin supers going again.

So many things need to be ironed out in this game's software.

#16752 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So many things need to be ironed out in this game's software.

^^^^^^

It's fun and I'm having a blast playing it but this is what separates Lyman and Keith from the rest. Not saying Dwight hasn't done a good job, he has, but the other guys create epic experiences.

Hopefully Dwight does a Lyman with this pin, it deserves it!

#16753 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have the center post / outlane mod installed in my GBLE and it's still challenging as hell. Like all Trudeau games, multiball is a bitch and a half to keep going.
I find the Trudeau game on any game to be a horrible idea. If you see that ball traveling down the middle, chances are you just can't nudge and deflect the ball from one flipper tip to the other.
Couple this with the worst outlane drains ever created, and I agree, you're going to send many people over to Theatre of Magic.

The Trudeau gap on this game is suppose to be even larger then his others

#16754 7 years ago

I didnt even notice the flipper gap on The Flintstones until someone here said it.
Maybe I have owned TOM too long, but ball times can be long on that pin.

#16755 7 years ago

Quick question.
How do you complete the Ballroom mode?
I have shot all the lit shots before the timer runs out but the mode keeps going.
What am I missing to complete it?

#16756 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The Trudeau gap on this game is suppose to be even larger then his others

Next Trudeau game.....Flipperless...!

#16757 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Quick question.
How do you complete the Ballroom mode?
I have shot all the lit shots before the timer runs out but the mode keeps going.
What am I missing to complete it?

I think there is supposed to be a wizard mode there once you complete it. Since the code isnt finished, it wont do anything. Happened to me as well.

#16758 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Next Trudeau game.....Flipperless...!

Magna flippers???? SWEET

#16759 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Magna flippers???? SWEET

TZ did it

#16760 7 years ago

oh yeah.....I forgot

#16762 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think there is supposed to be a wizard mode there once you complete it. Since the code isnt finished, it wont do anything. Happened to me as well.

KPG, I haven't looked, but did someone post this in the code ideas thread for them to look at? (And yes, I agree there is a definite hole here)

#16763 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks.
Much appreciated.
Nice to know it is not just us that could not figure out what was happening.

Edit...
Found this below in one of the online rules guides. Will have to check it out as I did not notice that Slimer had come down or not.

"- The Ballroom: Shoot each of the major shots once, then Slimer will come out. Hit him 3 times to light spinner and right ramp. Hit both shots."

#16764 7 years ago

Havn't out too much time on my LE... But I did finally hear the dick one liner...

#16765 7 years ago

Magna Slings, Magna Flippers, Magna Pop-Bumpers.

#16766 7 years ago

lol guys

as to complete ballroom you have to shoot not only the blinking inserts but slimer too (3 times) when he's going up & down (on the PRO)
and after that, mini wizard WCWS

#16767 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Havn't out too much time on my LE... But I did finally hear the dick one liner...

Same here. Had to turn it off for the kids sake.

#16768 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I LOVE THIS GAME!

So do I, but more importantly my wife loves it!

#16769 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Same here. Had to turn it off for the kids sake.

I left mine on. No different than driving with me in traffic.

#16770 7 years ago

Anyone notice a long bumper time? The one I was playing this week seem to hang the ball up in the bumpers for quite a while at certain points. I was even going to take a video. Leveling issue?

#16771 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone notice a long bumper time? The one I was playing this week seem to hang the ball up in the bumpers for quite a while at certain points. I was even going to take a video. Leveling issue?

just a try to beat TF bumpers on the day

#16772 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

OMG some times the ball spends FOREVER at the top left near the Gozer target. 20 seconds. I like the rewards though!

#16773 7 years ago

Mine stays in the pops by the Gozer target way too long. I even recorded a video, spent over 2 minutes up there. Now I just nudge it. Another design blooper...

#16774 7 years ago

Maybe they could add a "kill Pops" double flip, or combo button press...?

#16775 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe they could add a "kill Pops" double flip, or combo button press...?

I think it's more like people are just trying to complain about anything now... I don't see a problem here...

Rob

#16776 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

OMG some times the ball spends FOREVER at the top left near the Gozer target. 20 seconds. I like the rewards though!

Take the rewards it gives you or nudge it out of there.

It's my one problem when it comes out of the left side I have to be ready for nudging so I don't get the Sdtm drain.

Center post would solve that "defect".

#16777 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Take the rewards it gives you or nudge it out of there.

Agreed, I would rather it sit up there half the day smacking around in contrast to one of my other pins that is so wide open, it barely pops.

#16778 7 years ago

Plus you get some great multipliers up there

#16779 7 years ago

I do wish there was more multiball, the code could be tweaked a bit and this game would be even better

#16780 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I do wish there was more multiball, the code could be tweaked a bit and this game would be even better

Yeah would like a 2 ball slimer MB I have a hard time getting the containment unit MB but have been getting better.

#16781 7 years ago

as asked in the other topic, what about the LIBRARIAN mini mode round insert (from the book stacking), did someone already seen it ?

seems we only get the 3 others mini working : the brothers, terror dog & gozer

did i missed something !?

#16782 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as asked in the other topic, what about the LIBRARIAN mini mode round insert (from the book stacking), did someone already seen it ?
seems we only get the 3 others mini working : the brothers, terror dog & gozer
did i missed something !?

According to the strategy guide on Stern's website, there are the scoleri brothers, 2 terror dog hurry ups and gozer hurry up. There's no mention of a 'librarian mode'.

Rob

#16783 7 years ago

well than, i really wanna know what the LIBRARIAN round insert (left scoop) is for ?

#16784 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well than, i really wanna know what the LIBRARIAN round insert (left scoop) is for ?

Me to, i dont know if ive ever seen it light and ive wondered for months now if its a unused insert.

#16785 7 years ago

I was under the impression that pinball designers were supposed to create missed shots that punish the player to drain the ball in pinball, No? I know that my 1980 Bally Frontier has lots of punishing shots in it and if you don't nudge it when it is bouncing in the slings you are pretty much guaranteed an outlane drain.

#16786 7 years ago

Posted this in the LE/Prem thread as well, but I thought I would post here as well for any Pro users having the launcher issue. For those of you with the issue of the Auto-launcher just blasting the ball down the lane, try replacing your plunger spring with the following. Marco has them for a buck or two. It isn't a high-tech solution, but it will do until a code fix, or something better comes along. It is 2 screws and about 3 minutes to fix, and makes all of the difference in the world. The ball still jets around the back of the field a bit, but you want it to in order to make the full orbit. But it really calms things down so it isn't smashing into the gate, or clipping the Stay-Puft man. At least it worked for me, and a cheap thing to try.

Spring (resized).jpgSpring (resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Edit...I should have specified this is for the auto-plunge coil, not the manual plunger. I knew it in my head and thought everyone could read minds. Sorry for the confusion

#16787 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I was under the impression that pinball designers were supposed to create missed shots that punish the player to drain the ball in pinball, No? I know that my 1980 Bally Frontier has lots of punishing shots in it and if you don't nudge it when it is bouncing in the slings you are pretty much guaranteed an outlane drain.

Now the designers just put a for size gap in the middle so the don't have to worry about shot geometry.

#16788 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the bubble is centred at 6.5 degrees which is the official "recommended" setting that almost no one follows. Mine is way off centre as well and my game is at 6.8.

Really? So the designers are using a random pitch when they are working with the white woods?

#16789 7 years ago

We played a GB pro at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas and noticed that Staypuff swayed. In our Pro he is stationary. Their pro was also missing the plastic buildings over the pop bumpers and the Slimer mechanism looked different. Would it be a prototype? I know there is a mod that makes Staypuff move but I played another one on route locally and noticed their Staypuff moved too and I doubt that they would have modded it.

#16790 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Really? So the designers are using a random pitch when they are working with the white woods?

Most likely they are working at 6.5 and calibrate the bubble to be centered at that angle. From memory, 6.5 is actually stated in the Stern manual, so it makes sense they would have the bubble set to 6.5 also.

#16791 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Oh that, sorry, I misunderstood you - and I didn't even see that insert there. I'm going to go play the library ladder and see if it lights up during either scene.

Rob

#16792 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Most likely they are working at 6.5 and calibrate the bubble to be centered at that angle. From memory, 6.5 is actually stated in the Stern manual, so it makes sense they would have the bubble set to 6.5 also.

I have a bunch of early SS pins and usually crank it up in the back. When I did this with Tron the gameplay was awful. When I centered the bubble it was a different game. I think there are a number of modern games where the incline is really important. I'm wondering if GB suffers if the pitch isn't set right.

#16793 7 years ago

I get the feeling that GB goes wonky if you so much as fart in the same room as it.

#16794 7 years ago

I played so much GB LE today my head exploded!

#16795 7 years ago

GB is definitely a game you need to be more physical with - it's almost like an upper body workout. The more I play it, the more I realize the flipper gap certainly does have an impact even though I didn't think so my first few games. I think JT went a little too far with it.

Rob

#16796 7 years ago

Almost have my game working again....what a disaster!
Ill try to get a thread up or update my old one.

Here is some new pics.

We should have the Plain Pistol shape clear plastic available in proto, by the end of the week, I believe, to get feedback.
Those pictures are out there..not my design, but Many like it.

I modified my first one, and here are pictures in clear, and Mock up detail.

There are some tweaks to the right edge, and 1-2mm further out to cover the targets...minor, but needed next.

I think it looks great raised on 1/4" standoffs, but tomorrow, Ill try another and drop it flat.
The best reason for "Flat" is there is no need to raise your slimer mech or touch it, if you are happy where it is.

I needed to raise mine from the start, as he was butt rubbing.

Hopefully, now, and shortly, Ill be able to share what will be ready for final votes, and maybe there will be two choices.

I can tinker later with some additional lights under exto 1, and see if they are needed. The decal is just photo shopped here, it isnt any final art, but an idea of what it might look like.

gb sir 2 (resized).jpggb sir 2 (resized).jpg

gb sir 1 (resized).jpggb sir 1 (resized).jpg

#16797 7 years ago

I'm very excited at the opportunity to own a premium. I'm hoping someone will let everyone know once it's safe to finally make a purchase. I'm not expecting perfection, but I don't want my clear coat delaminating and breaking off.

#16798 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

not expecting perfection, but I don't want my clear coat delaminating and breaking off.

You and everyone else. Based on GBLE it's a gamble no matter what position/build date you end up with.

#16799 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm very excited at the opportunity to own a premium. I'm hoping someone will let everyone know once it's safe to finally make a purchase. I'm not expecting perfection, but I don't want my clear coat delaminating and breaking off.

I'm waiting until Stern actually comes out and says they stand behind their product and will fix games that have playfield issues. As it stands they are more keen on promoting a sword swallower than their games.

#16800 7 years ago

Art, your ramp plastic looks great. Looking forward to picking one up once it's ready for sale.
I'm still getting plenty of airballs- will be great to get this installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/336 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.