IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 360.
#16101 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trent @ Tilt responded to my email about the ghosting issue on Sunday night, then hasnt replied since. I sent an email to him yesterday checking in to see what Stern's response is, but seeing as Trent is a small distributor (he has a day job) and isnt a full blown company like other distributors, I guess i'll see what ends up happening. This is probably a situation where going through a larger distributor that has employees and operates full time as a pinball company would be beneficial, but hopefully Trent proves me wrong and goes to bat for me in this case.

You have Trent's business all wrong. While he is not a retailer.. coin-op is his business.

What should know to manage your expectations is... Trent doesn't use a smart phone.. he uses a old Nokia-style bar phone that doesn't even have an alpha keyboard

#16102 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You have Trent's business all wrong. While he is not a retailer.. coin-op is his business.
What should know to manage your expectations is... Trent doesn't use a smart phone.. he uses a old Nokia-style bar phone that doesn't even have an alpha keyboard

LOL- Nokia bar phone? Nice.

I was told Trent is a full time farmer, and does coin-op stuff on the side? If you Google him, there's a lot about him being a farmer, and some PM conversations I have had have mentioned the same thing which is why he isn't very responsive to customer email inquiries - not intentionally, just a busy guy with a day job that I have been told.

#16103 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The LE's airball WAY more though.. the left ramp is crazy

It's certainly possible that contributes to the problem. The ghosting issue is likely multi-factorial, which is probably why Stern hasn't figured out what to do. Are there a lot of airballs on SMVE to account for the ghosting?

#16104 7 years ago

Just heard back from Trent - apparently Stern hasnt gotten back to him. He said they will likely need to have a meeting w/ their quality control group and then figure something out, and suggested to contact him in a couple weeks to get an update. Why do I feel like this is going to be a long process LOL. Until then, its a fun game, and i'll keep playing it and hoping Stern doesn't screw me on this. I am definitely not going to buy NIB pins after this though, I have already made that decision. I'm done playing the NIB lotto w/ Stern, that's two for two NIB's with problems out of the box. I've had great luck w/ JJP machines so I will be buying game #3 from them NIB.

#16105 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thankfully, no insert ghosting on my GB pro. I got one of the first run batches with spelling error.

Congrats, but I dont know if that is winning.

53011069_(resized).jpg53011069_(resized).jpg

#16106 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thankfully, no insert ghosting on my GB pro. I got one of the first run batches with spelling error.

I said that about my LE yesterday morning, when I got home from work yesterday I noticed the ghosting. I hope your machine stays in the clear. Literally.

#16107 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I said that about my LE yesterday morning, when I got home from work yesterday I noticed the ghosting. I hope your machine stays in the clear. Literally.

Dude I didn't know you had ghosting too! Can you post pics of what inserts have the issue?

#16108 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Shakers move large weights in a low frequency. This makes waves of big amplitude, but not very jarring. A coil, a ball strike, etc is far less amplitude, but far more impluse and more jarring.
Basically, pushing someone around.. vs punching someone. You aren't going to shake a tooth out by spinning your head around, but slamming your head into the table violently can

Except that the shaker effects the whole playfield, why the coil's impact is more local.

#16109 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude I didn't know you had ghosting too! Can you post pics of what inserts have the issue?

Yep. Here it is.

20160801_225541_(resized).jpg20160801_225541_(resized).jpg

#16110 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trent @ Tilt responded to my email about the ghosting issue on Sunday night, then hasnt replied since. I sent an email to him yesterday checking in to see what Stern's response is, but seeing as Trent is a small distributor (he has a day job) and isnt a full blown company like other distributors, I guess i'll see what ends up happening.

This is the 2nd time you've called Trent a small distributor.

Trent is the largest distributor of Stern pinball machines in the USA.

#16111 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

proof?

#16112 7 years ago

It's on his web page. Other, longtime Pinsiders have commented on it as well.

#16113 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's on his web page. Other, longtime Pinsiders have commented on it as well.

I think he was a couple years ago ... Believe Automater and maybe GEX are larger now? Regardless he is top 5.

#16114 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think he was a couple years ago ... Believe Automater and maybe GEX are larger now? Regardless he is top 5.

Hard to say. He just might not have updated his main page.

Either way...he's not a "small distributor".

#16115 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well that depends.. if you had the opportunity before he passed to meet Mr Kubrick would you tell him how those scenes in 2001 were
"terrible all around"
"I can't stress enough how stupid the ending was"
"the only thing happening is thinking how stupid this movie was"
"Seriously, its shit"
"Loved the movie, but what a mistake that scene was"
"Can you cut a version of the movie that lets me just remove that scene?"
You think that's a constructive way to talk to the creator of something? Or actual critique?
This stupid 'who can be the most vile' type of discussion on the internet is why no one reads comments on sites and constructive feedback is so hard for companies to engage the public for. Complete lack of respect for people as human beings.

No, not personally, but plenty of people hated 2001 while he was still alive and were more than happy to say so, almost certainly to his face. There's been plenty of constructive criticism in this thread, as well as comments and suggestions, and if Stern is scared off by a handful of people who cross the line then they're either huge wimps or have never engaged in any kind of unmediated public relations. Personally, and I say this as someone without the luxury of playing 500 games (because that would cost me $250), I think that this game has a number of design issues that can make it more frustrating than fun, and every time I walk up to it at an arcade I play five games, have a pretty good time at least two of those games, but leave feeling slightly annoyed.

#16116 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yep. Here it is.

What's the build date?

#16117 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's because he is- no big deal about that. Nothing wrong with it. I own a small business myself, and I actually respect someone like him who has multiple businesses and diversified income.

I spoke to a sales guy at Stern about a month ago and he said their largest distributors in the US are Gameroom Guys and Pinballs.com/Automated.

#16118 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

What's the build date?

I need to look, but it was in the first shipment of domestic LEs.

#16119 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yep. Here it is.

Dude that sucks.. Same inserts as mine... Keep us posted on what Stern decides they will do.

Your extra ball insert is still looking good?

#16120 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude that sucks.. Same inserts as mine... Keep us posted on what Stern decides they will do.
Your extra ball insert is still looking good?

As of last night, those were the only two inserts with problems. It was perfect the night before, but when I went to play last night I noticed it right away. I don't see it during play, but when the inserts aren't lit, they sort of jump out at you.

#16121 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Except that the shaker effects the whole playfield, why the coil's impact is more local.

Irrelevant to the differences I was highlighting. The shaker moves with large amplitude, but low frequency. Shaking something is far less destructive vs hitting it with a hammer.

#16122 7 years ago

Just got word my LE ships today!

#16123 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

No, not personally

End of story... the comments were not against critiquing a product.

#16124 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

As of last night, those were the only two inserts with problems. It was perfect the night before, but when I went to play last night I noticed it right away. I don't see it during play, but when the inserts aren't lit, they sort of jump out at you.

Why did i buy a nib stern gble? Because i did not get screwed hard enough by jpoop with alice in wonderland...
I might as well start giving my money to random people on the street...
After my vacation i go pick up my gble at my distro's and now i am afraid to pull it out of the box!
Me sad..

#16125 7 years ago

My question is why does it seem to be the Tobin's and Add-a-ball primarily? Does anyone have any ghosting inserts that are not near these two inserts? or are they just the ones people are baselining playfields on.

#16126 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Why did i buy a nib stern gble? Because i did not get screwed hard enough by jpoop with alice in wonderland...
I might as well start giving my money to random people on the street...
After my vacation i go pick up my gble at my distro's and now i am afraid to pull it out of the box!
Me sad..

Don't worry it will look good out of box but two days after.......

#16127 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

My question is why does it seem to be the Tobin's and Add-a-ball primarily? Does anyone have any ghosting inserts that are not near these two inserts? or are they just the ones people are baselining playfields on.

It's everywhere, and it's not just Ghostbusters.

#16128 7 years ago

Thanks for the clarification!

#16129 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Had an extra Star Trek Vengeance plastic laying around, and rigged this up until a more elegant solution is available for purchase.
This has officially reduced the airballs off the left ramp by 90% !! Big difference. Looks a little funny, but it's effective. Still doesn't look nearly as shitty as my 4 ghosted inserts that are getting worse by the day!
I screwed it down using the nut on the fire station, and used rubber bumper things for the corner so it doesn't flap around all the time. Total Mickey Mouse job that works great. Stern should have designed a similar plastic here, like the one for the left ramp on TWD.

Doesn't your Slimer hit it while going completely to the left ?? I had to make my plastic a llot smaller on the far left side. Still works great by the way.

#16130 7 years ago

this pic is from the game straight out of the box. If you look at the Add-a-ball insert it appears to have a dark area in the upper right corner. Screen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.36.40_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.36.40_PM_(resized).png

this is the same game two days later. Ghosting is obvious on that insert and the one above. Shape of the ghosting seems similar to the dark area in the previous pic. Screen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.38.19_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.38.19_PM_(resized).png

#16131 7 years ago

Great pics, Taylor. I reviewed my pics, and I don't have any dark spots, but that's definitely something people should look into as well with their own machines.

#16132 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

End of story... the comments were not against critiquing a product.

But we're also not having a one on one with the design team here, this is an open forum for discussion and if I think giving GB an extra wide gap was a poor decision then I'm free to say so.

#16133 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Doesn't your Slimer hit it while going completely to the left ?? I had to make my plastic a llot smaller on the far left side. Still works great by the way.

Nope - my Slimer doesnt touch the plastic at all

#16134 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

But we're also not having a one on one with the design team here

Actually they do read here from time to time.. and Dwight has posted in GB threads. The post in question was written with that context, knowing they are seeing the posts. We used to have much much more as well.. before attitudes like the one highlighted here were prevalent.

Instead of looking to constructively refine the product... they ask to just rip the mode out entirely. His concerns are valid, he just goes about a shitty way of addressing the very people he intends to ask a favor of. And like you said, using a tone you wouldn't use to someone's face.. so why would you do it in a forum?

Concerns that you can't tell when the flipper mode changes? Ok, constructive criticism would be highlighting that the change is dramatic and hard for the player to understand what is happening. So maybe there needs to be more guidance at the start of the mode, or how about feedback (audio/lighting) when the change happens. Or simply providing the feedback on what they struggle with on the mode.

Being an internet armchair critique would be 'this mode is shit! it's done all wrong! wtf were they thinking??'

People wonder why companies don't participant... then act like this.

#16135 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's because he is-

No, he's not. He was Stern biggest distro from 2011-2013. He may not be anymore, but he's certainly not small.

You need to stop.

#16136 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Irrelevant to the differences I was highlighting. The shaker moves with large amplitude, but low frequency. Shaking something is far less destructive vs hitting it with a hammer.

Not irrelevant to the argument I was making.

#16137 7 years ago

Where can I buy these horribly deformed playfields?

Seriously, does Stern sell cast off/defect playfields? Curious to know if these turn into returns what happens then?

#16138 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

No, he's not. He was Stern biggest distro from 2011-2013. He may not be anymore, but he's certainly not small.
You need to stop.

We'll agree to disagree. I say small as he has other businesses he runs, no other employees or storefront, and doesnt sell as many pins as the larger distributors like Gameroom Guys, Automated, GEX, etc. If you want to dispute this info, go right ahead.. I dont see why it is relevant and why you are getting so upset about it. Just move on man.

#16139 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

We'll agree to disagree. I say small as he has other businesses he runs, no other employees or storefront, and doesnt sell as many pins as the larger distributors like Gameroom Guys, Automated, GEX, etc. If you want to dispute this info, go right ahead.. I dont see why it is relevant and why you are getting so upset about it. Just move on man.

I'll bet it's getting lonely down there. You have yourself a good day.

Bricklined_privy_(resized).jpgBricklined_privy_(resized).jpg

#16140 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'll bet it's getting lonely down there. You have yourself a good day.

LOL. Ok man. Have a good day yourself. If anyone needs me, i'll be in this hole over here.

#16141 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Do you happen to know if the playfield was at least a month or two old when you started playing it with the shaker?

No, no way. It was shipped to the distributor right when GB started shipping from Stern. They immediately unboxed it and used it in a tournament. They picked it up, brought it to me a couple days later. I got it with 350 plays. Put a shaker in it right away, over 2k plays later with a shaker, no playfield issues.

I put a shaker in a brand new fairly early production GOT Pro before this GB. It is currently on location with over 2500k plays with the shaker, no PF issues.

#16142 7 years ago

Air_Pinball you are wasting your time. I know Trent and he is one of the top Stern sellers period. He even test stuff for Stern and also his name is on the thank you on GB DMD. This kpg person has no clue and is obviously new

If you own a GB kgp sit and watch the screen on attract mode... Trent is closer to Stern than most of those other distros trust me

#16143 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Air_Pinball you are wasting your time. I know Trent and he is one of the top Stern sellers period. He even test stuff for Stern and also his name is on the thank you on GB DMD. This kpg person has no clue and is obviously he is new
If own a GB kgp sit and watch the screen on attract mode... Trent is closer to Stern than most of those other distros trust me

No one said he isnt a 'top seller'. I went with him because of a lot of positive recommendations here. I am simply stating his business is smaller and he is not the "TOP" #1 seller as Air_Pinball is claiming, that's coming direct from Stern when they told me their biggest distributors are Automated and Gameroom Guys. I have no idea what the issue is here, why it has been blown out of proportion. Big deal, some other distrbutors are larger then Trent and have full time businesses, employees, service department, and move more stock. Who cares. No need to get all jumpy on me for it. Way too many sensitive people in here.

#16144 7 years ago

n/m... think what you like.

Sh!t like this is why I rarely even come to this site anymore. Only wanted to read this GB thread since I'm looking to get one. Of course it's riddled with nonsense as usual

#16145 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Do you happen to know if the playfield was at least a month or two old when you started playing it with the shaker? Just trying to see if the playfield was fully cured by then. A shaker alone probably isn't sufficient to cause the ghosting, but perhaps a combination of shaker plus not fully cured clearcoat might be. This is all speculation of course, but since Stern isn't saying anything there isn't anything else to go on to potentially help stop this problem from occurring to other customers.

I think we really need to see the date stamp, pf number tags and build date of the games like I furnished on my post to really get anywhere.

#16146 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Sh!t like this is why I rarely even come to this site anymore. Only wanted to read this GB thread since I'm looking to get one. Of course it's riddled with nonsense as usual

Right on man !

#16147 7 years ago

just requested a cancellation or delay I won't deal with this risk. Thank you all for posting hope I can get out.

#16148 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

That is fixable. My thread is littered with "ignored user post".

#16149 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

That is fixable. My thread is littered with "ignored user post".

I need to start using that functionality. Maybe I can enjoy coming back here more often.

#16150 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I need to start using that functionality. Maybe I can enjoy coming back here more often.

KPG actually provides a lot of good feedback and insight on this forum about games. Whether it's gameplay, strategy, reviews, troubleshooting, or dealing with defects. Someone took one unrelated thing he said, blew it up and made a big deal about it. KPG, being the good guy he is, took the bait.

Whether it's directly or indirectly, Some people just like to fling the sh*t around and see where it lands and who will counter argue them over and over. As a reader, we can either move on or take the bait ourselves and get sucked in arguing about nonsense. It's the nature of a forum. That all said, I love all things pinball and i am sad to see what's going on with these playfields and stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.