IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 360.
#15901 7 years ago

I don't hate the bottom-rung mode repetition, but I do wish there was more to the modes, they seem kinda barren.

#15902 7 years ago

I bought the Pinball Universe set also after reading the brutality of the game. It's due to arrive mid August as I also bought the Zombie Blades and they are not in stock yet, but now that I have the game I feel there is little need for it. My machine is working great, not too much STDM and just enough outlane drains. Every pin I have has outlane drains, I think that is why they are there

When I first got WoZ I hated the outlanes as the ball seemed to be drawn there, but when you get to know the machine better (and I do not mean the game, but that individual machine, because another one will be different) the drains will get less.

Maybe everybody is coming to conclusions too fast ? Also all the talk about the modes over and over again... there has been not one upgrade of the software yet. Just relax and give Stern some time. I am sure they will make this great game even better.

#15903 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball Life sells them out as quick as they get them. Clearly the "Designer is Infaliable" concept does not apply. People like challenge, but not unfair and annoying.

I agree 100%

I am an average player. Sometimes I even have a brilliant game or 2. I can post pass, trap, bounce pass, aim with regularity, nudge effectively and more ... with all that said, I can not imagine NOT having this kit. The center post plays a role at least once in each game and the outlane gaurds do a nice job saving most (not all) balls from jumping the wireguides. Remember, that even with the center post installed, you still need to be thoughtful about when to flip and when to "let it do its job" - it's not as simple as just wait for it to automatically send the ball back into play. My personal opinion is that the specific design of this games flipper gap is wide enough to take some of the fun out of the game. The aftermarket centerpost mod kit does a good job adding it back. Scores went from mid 200MM to mid 600MM immediately. YMMV

#15904 7 years ago

I have no problem with the center post if it offers a player a better overall experience. Bought the kit from Pinball Life and will throw it on my Premium when it arrives if the machine seems too brutal. I'm trying to get my kids and friends more and more into pinball and my fear is that if GB is a drain monster they will be quick to dismiss the machine. I host alot of pinball nights here and none of my buddies are professional pinball players so that post shouldn't make the game any less fun.

That said I can certainly understand where the purist and/or competitive player would be against adding the post but that's the beauty of owning your machine as you can customize to your liking without having to worry what others think. I dont understand the argument about this center post as neither side is wrong because its a matter of personal preference. Just don't brag about any high scores unless you disclose your center post addition! It's pinball...just have fun.

#15905 7 years ago

After a year of waiting for the machine and several months of gathering parts for the outfit, I put it on today ... and, I think I played better

20160730_184924_(resized).jpg20160730_184924_(resized).jpg

#15906 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you're going to take the time to insult me, try to understand my position. I don't care about random modes on GB. My "cause" is the dislike of replay of the same mode/forced mode completion to advance to the next in the ladder.

Either way, it seems odd that you're wanting a game that you consider to have design flaws, as well as code flaws.

It's like you're wanting to to shove a square peg in a round hole. Sometimes it just doesn't fit.

#15907 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thought I'd drop a few pics of my mods to date on GBLE.
Also a few comments on the game:
- Fun game, lots of variety in the shots
- Fast game. OMG seems faster than ST
- Hard game. Toughest game I have by a mile
- Beautiful game. Just stunning light and sound show too
Dissapointed with the air balls and lane guide caused side drains. I've got the "fix" plastic and center post set on the way. That should help some
In the meantme, I've added a couple of tiny rubbers (stacked) on the inner lane guides. Helps considerably
Only other issue is number of times that the ball hits Stay Puft and rattles around up there on an auto plunge
Mods list:
- shooter rod light
- proton pack
- ecto one matchbox
- speaker light kit
- green T molding
- pingrafix side art

T molding looks killer, do you need to glue it back in?

#15908 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Either way, it seems odd that you're wanting a game that you consider to have design flaws, as well as code flaws.
It's like you're wanting to to shove a square peg in a round hole. Sometimes it just doesn't fit.

Design can be fixed (mods). Code can be fixed, and we've seen it happen before. Constructive critique by the community it's leads to rules and options in updates that improve the game and make people happy.

I think it's odd that some of you are painting me as someone who doesn't know games. I know the design & rules of most 90's - current pinball machines quite well, so I have a decent point of reference as to what works and what doesn't. ...and others like to brush aside critique and spout the cliche "play better". I'm a fan of challenging games. I was one of the first who loved and promoted Iron Man, when everyone else was saying it was cheap and horrible. I love BSD in all its lightning flipper glory. Give me a deep game, give me a simple game, give me an easy game, give me a hard game - I like them all....but give me a repetitive game, or an unfair game - it just rubs me differently. I know when I'm having fun and I know when I'm annoyed.

As to why I want the game? It's f'n Ghostbusters!!!

#15909 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

T molding looks killer, do you need to glue it back in?

No, carefully pull out old molding (it's seamed at the bottom on each side) then lay the old piece alongside the new, cut to length, cut out the 4 corners, then just "press fit" in!

#15910 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

No, carefully pull out old molding (it's seamed at the bottom on each side) then lay the old piece alongside the new, cut to length, cut out the 4 corners, then just "press fit" in!

Legend, thanks!

#15911 7 years ago

Is it odd with the flaws that people are trying to work out that GB is the new number one pin? I'm with Rarehero though, just the theme itself executed so well with the art makes this one worth the money.

#15912 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Is it odd with the flaws that people are trying to work out that GB is the new number one pin? I'm with Rarehero though, just the theme itself executed so well with the art makes this one worth the money.

Not 100% sure of what exactly you mean, but most of the flaws with the game should not effect its score for game rating. I think the quality score maybe the only coefficient that can effect its standing???

#15913 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

We're still in the "New pin hype zone", so people are more positive and protective. I've been in there in the past and I understand it. I definitely don't want to take anything away from those who are super excited and having a ton of fun.
What can I say, I'm "old and jaded" as I've done the early adopter NIB thing many times..I've been thru design and QC issues...I've been a code guinea pig many times. Dig back in time and you'll find my glowing reviews and defense of games like Transformers, X-Men and Star Trek...8 months later I hated those f*ckers lol. This is why I'm being extremely skeptical and realistic. I've seen this all before....and I look at my Stern "keeper collection, and it's all Keith or Lyman games.

#15914 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We're still in the "New pin hype zone", so people are more positive and protective. I've been in there in the past and I understand it. I definitely don't want to take anything away from those who are super excited and having a ton of fun.
What can I say, I'm "old and jaded" as I've done the early adopter NIB thing many times..I've been thru design and QC issues...I've been a code guinea pig many times. Dig back in time and you'll find my glowing reviews and defense of games like Transformers, X-Men and Star Trek...8 months later I hated those f*ckers lol. This is why I'm being extremely skeptical and realistic. I've seen this all before....and I look at my Stern "keeper collection, and it's all Keith or Lyman games.

Ok thumbs up

#15915 7 years ago

My complaint on this game is "mass hysteria". A possible code update on this would be welcome by me. I have lost many a ball not knowing the mode has finished. Maybe lighting could show when the flippers are reversed or not. Otherwise love the game so far after 500 games

#15916 7 years ago

How strong is the centre post supporting plastic of the pbl kit? I wouldn't have thought it would last very long with balls hitting it at full speed.

#15917 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My complaint on this game is "mass hysteria". A possible code update on this would be welcome by me. I have lost many a ball not knowing the mode has finished. Maybe lighting could show when the flippers are reversed or not. Otherwise love the game so far after 500 games

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-codebugsideas

yep, already some more ideas there, just add yours...

#15918 7 years ago

Thanks unaware of this thread

#15919 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I have to agree on this. For a multiball requiring capturing 100 ghosts, and only 1 of 2 multiballs in the game, mass hysteria multiball sucks ass. I've gotten it twice, no intro or real way to tell you are entering it- and because the flippers reverse without warning, the balls quickly drain. It's probably the worst multiball mode in any pinball machine I've ever used. No audio cue when flippers reverse, lighting sucks and isn't crazy like storage facility multiball, etc. this mode needs to be significantly cleaned up in code.

#15920 7 years ago

Because of reversed flippers I think cues are needed otherwise all you do is double flip all day. My main gripe is not realizing I'm down to one ball and the flippers are back to normal and I lose it just before stay puft.....damn

#15922 7 years ago

The software on this game needs some serious love in the mball department; only accessible multiball is storage facility; hoping this and other features get addressed on the next update which the game has not had an update in a very long time

#15923 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The software on this game needs some serious love in the mball department; only accessible multiball is storage facility; hoping this and other features get addressed on the next update which the game has not had an update in a very long time

Just play at midnight. :p

#15924 7 years ago

Yeah I know that but it is really lacking in stuff to do other then the linear modes and the one multiball

#15925 7 years ago

If they throw in another mb, it could throw off the progression of collecting ghosts and make it too easy. They'd have to have a completely self contained mb mode. The other problem with that is, it would also have to be an easily obtainable mb and may get annoying if it is stopping your main progress so early on.

I'm not sure if it works...

#15926 7 years ago

It could be a quick MB that allows for progression, maybe.

#15927 7 years ago

I am loving the game, but the lack of multiballs in this game really is showing me that Dwight needs to up his game in the coding department here. Storage Facility MB is cool, but Mass Hysteria is supposed to be the main / difficult to get multiball and it's just awful. When it starts, you sometimes don't even realize it's going, and by the time you notice the flippers reversed, most of the balls have drained and the mode is over. Just a terrible execution at a multiball, sorry. Especially after having played Hobbit so much lately, Keith's monthly code updates has made that game so amazing when it comes to multiballs.

I love GB and it is one of my favorite Stern's, but Dwight... You really need to do something about Mass Hysteria and also consider a quick 2 ball Slimer multiball man. Mass Hysteria isn't even something I try to play towards now to be honest, even with a center post it's a quick drainer with nothing satisfying coming from it.

#15928 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

If they throw in another mb, it could throw off the progression of collecting ghosts and make it too easy. They'd have to have a completely self contained mb mode. The other problem with that is, it would also have to be an easily obtainable mb and may get annoying if it is stopping your main progress so early on.
I'm not sure if it works...

It wouldn't change any progression- Dwight would just lower the values of ghosts being caught.

#15929 7 years ago

What's the status on the code? The last time I played this the call-outs were really sparse and there wasn't much going on in the modes. The game can't be finished, right?

#15930 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What's the status on the code? The last time I played this the call-outs were really sparse and there wasn't much going on in the modes. The game can't be finished, right?

Only Stern/Dwight knows for sure I guess. But given how it has worked historically, there will be more updates. Just no timeline on when that I am aware of.

#15931 7 years ago

Crossing my fingers for more content! Didn't someone dig into the files in Pinsound or something? I'd be curious to see what's waiting.

#15932 7 years ago

Well guys

I'm officially PISSED.

I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.

But this is crap. 3 inserts ghosted over night, and it looks like shit.

The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.

Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.

I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15933 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Crossing my fingers for more content! Didn't someone dig into the files in Pinsound or something? I'd be curious to see what's waiting.

People have there are a ton of call outs in pin sound

#15934 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.
I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.
The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.
Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.
I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

Damn that sucks have you checked to see build date of playfield?

#15935 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.

What's your playfield build date? No excuse. Contact Stern/Distributor and raise hell if I were you mate.

#15936 7 years ago

Game build date is July 14th

Playfield has a stamp of July 7th

Sent an email to Trent @ Tilt - let's see what he can do. Total crap !

#15937 7 years ago

Just noticed this insert as well, ghosted on bottom.

#15938 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Would have thought all the July builds corrected the issue. Seems not to be the case. Keep us posted and you have every right to be pissed. Nothing worse than starring down at an issue every time you play.

#15939 7 years ago

Sorry KPG! That blows!!! Even my CV, which is notorious for ghosting inserts isn't that bad ...and it was made almost 20 years ago !

#15940 7 years ago

I could live with the extra ball ghosting but everything else is bullshit thought Stern would have this fixed in july.

#15941 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

After a year of waiting for the machine and several months of gathering parts for the outfit, I put it on today ... and, I think I played better

Those 'knee pads' go on your elbows good sir...

#15942 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.

Wow thats pretty bad! I got 1 ghosting slightly on storage facility but less then your extra ball. Mine was built April 13.

#15943 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That blows I was really hoping that the july builds were going to be ok. Shitty about your game but thanks for posting since I was thinking of grabbing one soon but better hold off

#15944 7 years ago

Yeah it sucks guys - but Trent is working with me and he's going to deal with Stern he said. Curious to see what happens here. Hopefully they make it right.

#15945 7 years ago

Keeping watch on this. I've been patiently waiting on my GBLE and consoling myself with the "at least issues will be fixed" idea. Well, maybe not!

#15946 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

; hoping this and other features get addressed on the next update which the game has not had an update in a very long time

?????

The game has been shipping in small batches only since May?

'Very long time' - you guys are comical. The game editions haven't even all been built out and you are already acting like the game has been left behind.

#15947 7 years ago

It's crazy how fast the inserts are getting worse.

Compare this pic I just took, to the pic I posted earlier. I can't imagine what it will look like in a couple days

#15948 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.

Wow crazy how it happens just like that over night .... so glad i cancelled and will wait to find a nice huo or premium down the road. Patients is key in this hobby after all . Sorry kpg

#15949 7 years ago

Anyone have this issue sometimes where the ball gets stuck in the poppers for a very long time? Today it got stuck in the pops for over two minutes !

After a minute of doing this, I decided to start recording it. Kind of annoying.. Just wondering if anyone with a Pro or LE has experienced this. 5 mins later, it did the same thing for about a minute or so.

#15950 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just noticed this insert as well, ghosted on bottom.

What is the square outline in the picture around the insert?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/319 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.