IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 360.
#16251 7 years ago

Is anyone making ramp plastics to stop airballs yet?

#16252 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Is anyone making ramp plastics to stop airballs yet?

I'd buy one!

#16253 7 years ago

I will buy one too

#16254 7 years ago

Ive tinkered making a few.....surprisingly, it needs to be only a few mm in front of the targets to work.

I imagine we will see a few choices coming out.

#16255 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive tinkered making a few.....surprisingly, it needs to be only a few mm in front of the targets to work.
I imagine we will see a few choices coming out.

I'll buy one from ya for sure!! Let us know if you want to make a few for sale. Hell I will take 2

#16256 7 years ago

So, is the LE any more forgiving than the pro. I'm seriously considering the premium, but the pro at a local arcade kicks my ass so badly that it's sometimes borderline not funny. Hard is fine, but this feels ridiculously hard (and yes, I know I'm not very good)

#16257 7 years ago

I would be in for one of those ramp plastics as well.
I've recently added the Pinball Universe fix Kit: the outlane plastics and floating centre post both seem to really help. I did have to use a different screw to attach the post to the plastic as the one provided didn't properly fit. However, the kit was a breeze to install and I'm very happy with the results.
I think the ramp plastic would be a very welcome mod to reduce the airballs.

#16258 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Gb premium on location @logan

Premiums are shipping?

#16259 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Premiums are shipping?

Test machine, Stern frequently sends Logan machines to test in the wild

#16260 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So, is the LE any more forgiving than the pro. I'm seriously considering the premium, but the pro at a local arcade kicks my ass so badly that it's sometimes borderline not funny. Hard is fine, but this feels ridiculously hard (and yes, I know I'm not very good)

I think so. Mostly because the magna slings are no where near as aggressive as the regular ones.

#16261 7 years ago

Past 200 ghosts, and whether its coincidence or in code, some neat tricks from the magna slings.

I've seen it hit the left saucer, more frequently after 100 ghosts

Over 200. I had 2 balls flung up the left orbit to top lanes.

Last was the code that has the ball frozen. More often its doing a little dance before a bizarre fling,
but past 200 on multiball, I had it grab 3 balls, and they spun!
Like in X-Men LE, when the center disc grabs all the balls!
Not a fast spin, more like a rotating in the palm of your hand, then flung outward!

Just something unexpected in the middle of multi ball!

Also, seems the cat appears a lot more as the ghost totals rise.

Love the music in the higher modes too! Sweet!

#16262 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Test machine, Stern frequently sends Logan machines to test in the wild

What would they be testing?

#16263 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think so. Mostly because the magna slings are no where near as aggressive as the regular ones.

I thought the opposite. I played an LE this weekend and compared to my Pro, the airballs were out of control on the LE. That left ramp really throws that ball around. As for the aggressiveness of the magna slings, I thought they were not responsive enough. There were a few times the ball hit and just rolled off and drained as I was expecting them to bounce off.

#16264 7 years ago

I'm not trying to be biased or trying to justify the LE purchase but think the magna slings are great. They seem to respond nicely on my game with standard exchanges between the slings and then throw in a random unexpected move. What I like is that they really make you feel uncomfortable having the ball out of your control as you cannot anticipate what may happen at all. My flipper responses to the ball hitting a sling is like trying to pick up a $100 bill from the road thats connected to fishing line and someone keeps jerking it away from me each time I get close. Really can frustrate you and put you off your game. I like that.

#16265 7 years ago

The manga slings are FANTASTIC.

It's hard to believe we were all so worried about them and it turns out we should have been worrying about outlane guides.

#16266 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I thought the opposite. I played an LE this weekend and compared to my Pro, the airballs were out of control on the LE. That left ramp really throws that ball around. As for the aggressiveness of the magna slings, I thought they were not responsive enough. There were a few times the ball hit and just rolled off and drained as I was expecting them to bounce off.

Interesting.....the only place I get any airballs are off of the stationary targets. The Scolari Brothers targets don't give me any to speak of, and the left ramp has never given me one that I can recall. But the stationary targets....happens all of the time. It is interesting how different games have their own personalities. I wonder how much is a result of degree of tilt....I have the playfield at 6.8 degrees, and I have meticulously leveled side-to-side at both the front and the back of the game.

#16267 7 years ago

This morning I 3D printed a Terror Dog for my machine. It came out pretty good I think, good enough for me =)

28231728264_1256ea28d8_o_(resized).jpg28231728264_1256ea28d8_o_(resized).jpg28231740534_4f1d3d5ccb_o_(resized).jpg28231740534_4f1d3d5ccb_o_(resized).jpg28773353581_e2b6635480_o_(resized).jpg28773353581_e2b6635480_o_(resized).jpg28818169216_1504ff21e4_o_(resized).jpg28818169216_1504ff21e4_o_(resized).jpg

#16268 7 years ago

Your terror dog looks cool. Nice work.

#16269 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Your terror dog looks cool. Nice work.

+1 exactly what I am hoping to do too! Sweet!

Was this a Public 3D file?

#16270 7 years ago

Yeah that looks great, perfect for that spot. Now to light up the red eyes.

#16271 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

+1 exactly what I am hoping to do too! Sweet!
Was this a Public 3D file?

Yes, this is the one I used. I resized it since it's pretty big to start. Obviously I maintained the ratio and just changed the longest axis to 58mm. You might want to go a hair smaller if it's going on a pro and you might be able to fit the back end a little more under the plastic.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:385156

#16272 7 years ago

To give you a little better idea how it fits in there. The back is right up to the ramp so if you go a bit smaller you can probably fit it in there better.28818184636_196a937b5a_o_(resized).jpg28818184636_196a937b5a_o_(resized).jpg

#16273 7 years ago

gotta 3d print yourself some money to buy more pins!

#16274 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

This morning I 3D printed a Terror Dog for my machine. It came out pretty good I think, good enough for me =)

OK, who brought the Dog?

#16275 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

You can adjust the power of the magna slings, that may help. I can't wait to play with that feature and crank up the slings.

#16276 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

OK, who brought the Dog?

I did, so now can we quit asking? lol Love the game, but man that callout gets old at times......Brings back memories of when I brought the ugly girl to the party. (It was late, and I had been drinking heavily.....my story and I am sticking to it)

But really...nice mod

#16277 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I did, so now can we quit asking? lol Love the game, but man that callout gets old at times......Brings back memories of when I brought the ugly girl to the party. (It was late, and I had been drinking heavily.....my story and I am sticking to it)
But really...nice mod

Yeah that callout is ridiculously tiring after a while, I just hit both flippers and skip it. There needs to be random callouts on this game, they are the same and always in the same spots every time you play.

#16278 7 years ago

I believe there are a ton more call outs in the code so maybe a new code release will change it up.

#16279 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe there are a ton more call outs in the code so maybe a new code release will change it up.

Same thing with GOT -- tons of unused callouts left, which you can listen to in Pinball Browser. Hoping too they'll address the repetition.

#16280 7 years ago

and now, the "play the game" GB

found from which part of the playfield these 2 smalls parts (thin, 1cm long, with some transparent, red & black) are coming ?
was playing, than my eyes saw something "flying", due to a ball contact i suppose...

honestly i'm checking since 15 minutes, and i still dont know !
i was afraid for a clearcoat piece (round a insert as example...), but all seems OK

IMGP1767_(resized).JPGIMGP1767_(resized).JPG

edit : the parts are to be switched, the black sides are next to next

#16281 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

found from which part of the playfield these 2 smalls parts (thin, 1cm long, with some transparent, red & black) are coming ?
was playing, than my eyes saw something "flying", due to a ball contact i suppose...
i was afraid for a clearcoat piece (round a insert as example...), but all seems OK

Could it be from the translite name badges of the characters?

#16282 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could it be from the translite name badges of the characters?

to remain in the theme : good guess, but wrong

#16283 7 years ago

I thought it was interesting that the last Facebook Stern video shows their Ghostbusters with Carrot Flippers installed.

#16284 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I thought it was interesting that the last Facebook Stern video shows their Ghostbusters with Carrot Flippers installed.

Pretty telling of how brutal the game is, and how the flipper gap was probably a bad choice when even Stern themselves install longer flipper bats on their own machine!

#16285 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah that pretty ridiculous, wouldn't it be crazy if later run GB's had a normal gap

#16286 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Yeah that pretty ridiculous, wouldn't it be crazy if later run GB's had a normal gap

Its entirely possible, seems they might have done that to play test the game with that flipper set up. Without the center post mod I probably would have given up out of frustration by now. I might even remove the post and just install the carrot flippers I have, just to see what we like best.

#16287 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yep. Factory / Designer - purists minds are now blown. Interesting indeed!

#16288 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

My guess is it's is a piece of the subway track..

GB_(resized).PNGGB_(resized).PNG

#16289 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

My guess is it's is a piece of the subway track..

mine is a pro... :/

of course, i spend more time on it, checking all around, but still didnt found the solution

#16290 7 years ago

It still has the track decals doesn't it though, just on Pro it is on the left ramp unlike the LE which has just the metal ramp then the track decals down to the subway?

gb2_(resized).jpggb2_(resized).jpg

gb3_(resized).PNGgb3_(resized).PNG

#16291 7 years ago

You may want to call your distributors and ask this..."out of all the LE's you have shipped how many are reported ghosting?" If you look on here it looks like about 10 or so folks are speaking of it. So I have spoken to 2 distributors and both stated they had not gotten one call or complaint about it after shipping LE and Pro models. So it makes me ponder, is it just a couple batches of playfields, or a small % of units overall are just badly produced? Either way I find it interesting to figure out how bad it is. A few folks on here with the issue seems a lot, but maybe the reality is like 1 in 10 LE units have this issue. Any thoughts?

#16292 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

You may want to call your distributors and ask this..."out of all the LE's you have shipped how many are reported ghosting?" If you look on here it looks like about 10 or so folks are speaking of it. So I have spoken to 2 distributors and both stated they had not gotten one call or complaint about it after shipping LE and Pro models. So it makes me ponder, is it just a couple batches of playfields, or a small % of units overall are just badly produced? Either way I find it interesting to figure out how bad it is. A few folks on here with the issue seems a lot, but maybe the reality is like 1 in 10 LE units have this issue. Any thoughts?

Of course a distributor will tell you that, they are in the business of selling you games- not giving you advice to not purchase them.

#16293 7 years ago

I really like the game, but man, these redundant call outs are getting old quick. I cringe whenever I hear "who brought the dog" every time. The game is so tough that every game is pretty much Who Brought the Dog, Spook Central, We Got One, or Spooked Librarian- which can get old quick.

I'm really just thinking after owning STLE that I'm not a fan of Dwight's coding style. Hate to say it, but Lyman and Keith's code is just on another level, and this code seems to simple and basic to me. The multiballs are so lackluster. Literally impossible to hit a wizard mode.

I know there will be plenty of people who disagree with me, but this machine at first is awesome but unless Dwight ups the quality of the code, will get old quick to me.

I hate even saying that, because I've waited so long for the game and it's a dream theme to me.

Even if I wanted to sell it, the playfield is ghosted so I can't.. thanks Stern !

#16294 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

really like the game, but man, these redundant call outs are getting old quick. I cringe whenever I hear "who brought the dog"

Just hit both flippers right when you hit the mode shot and it will skip the sound and video clip.

#16295 7 years ago

Not being sarcastic, can someone explain the following to me:

1. I realize I can unplug the shaker, but why does it not turn off completely when you turn it off in the menu? Or am I missing a setting somewhere? I have it set to "not installed" and it is still fairly active. I don't mind it except at the start of the multiball (goes crazy), but I would like to turn it off when my wife is sleeping. Between that and the fishtales fish slamming around, it keeps her awake! lol

2. I get the reverse flippers, and actually like the challenge.....but does anyone else have issues with it switching back and forth between regular and reverse during the multiball? I have had it happen a couple of times and it is confusing to figure out. You end up losing several balls each time it switches. Is it supposed to be that way?

PS....KPG, just hang tight. I am sure the code will get better. I know they won't admit it, but the developers do follow these threads, and our concerns and criticisms will be heard and hopefully taken into consideration. For a first run of code, this is pretty good, although I do agree, those callouts get old.

#16296 7 years ago

I read somewhere the flippers change back/forth when a captive ball is hit.

I can see that sucking tho

#16297 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not being sarcastic, can someone explain the following to me:
1. I realize I can unplug the shaker, but why does it not turn off completely when you turn it off in the menu? Or am I missing a setting somewhere? I have it set to "not installed" and it is still fairly active. I don't mind it except at the start of the multiball (goes crazy), but I would like to turn it off when my wife is sleeping. Between that and the fishtales fish slamming around, it keeps her awake! lol
2. I get the reverse flippers, and actually like the challenge.....but does anyone else have issues with it switching back and forth between regular and reverse during the multiball? I have had it happen a couple of times and it is confusing to figure out. You end up losing several balls each time it switches. Is it supposed to be that way?
PS....KPG, just hang tight. I am sure the code will get better. I know they won't admit it, but the developers do follow these threads, and our concerns and criticisms will be heard and hopefully taken into consideration. For a first run of code, this is pretty good, although I do agree, those callouts get old.

1) Unplug it if necessary. Easy to do.
2) Captive ball switches between reverse and normal flippers.

#16298 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed. If the flippers are gonna reverse, I'd rather just have them stay reversed, like in TSPP's Springfield Mystery Spot, because I like to cross my arms and play with reversed flippers (which works well for me and is actually fun, IMO). If the captive ball is constantly getting hit and reversing the flippers back and forth, that seems like it would be virtually impossible to play.

#16299 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The book stacking captive ball is the key, whack it to swap back to normal and back to opposite flippers again...

#16300 7 years ago

I've read several people offering the same feedback on the reverse flippers. I would assume it will be addressed in a future code update or maybe a menu setting that prevents the flippers from reversing when the captive ball is hit would work?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/326 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.