IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 360.
#16951 7 years ago

Did my usual ghost hunt today and found a 4th insert, the lightning bolt. Shooter lane is also much more beaten up than any other game I own.

I guess I will update my distributor this week.

IMG_20160905_161211 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161211 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161229 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161229 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161122 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161122 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160905_161327 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_161327 (resized).jpg

#16952 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Added my terror dog from Meph to my game today. Yay!
Also noticed ghosting has started on my Storage Facility insert. Boo.

What's your build date and how many plays?

Rob

#16953 7 years ago

I designed this backbox illuminated slime bar for a client but am toying with the idea of producing a run. Just thought I would post a few quick pics to gauge interest...

slimebar-1 (resized).jpgslimebar-1 (resized).jpg

slimebar-2 (resized).jpgslimebar-2 (resized).jpg

slimebar-3 (resized).jpgslimebar-3 (resized).jpg

slimebar-4 (resized).jpgslimebar-4 (resized).jpg

#16954 7 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

I designed this backbox illuminated slime bar for a client but am toying with the idea of producing a run. Just thought I would post a few quick pics to gauge interest...
» YouTube video

Cool. Nice to see the pink slime. Could you set the Stern topper on top with this mod?

#16955 7 years ago

So what's the actual delay in getting a Ghostbusters Pro now? Does anyone have them sitting in stock yet, or is it still all order-and-wait at this point?

#16956 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

So what's the actual delay in getting a Ghostbusters Pro now? Does anyone have them sitting in stock yet, or is it still all order-and-wait at this point?

Some people have them in stock

#16957 7 years ago

Made some neat Slime today using Purple Plasti-Goop from a creepy crawlers set!!!

Topper looks cool!

creepy (resized).jpgcreepy (resized).jpg

#16958 7 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

» YouTube video

Looks sharp but can it be taken off easily so the pf can be stood up and leaned against the bb?

#16959 7 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

» YouTube video

I like it, but MustangPaul beat me to one of my questions....can you remove it to lean the playfield against the top? And can you make it in green as well?

#16960 7 years ago

pricey but potentially a cool addition for GB owners
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10412339

gb special pack [1] (resized).jpggb special pack [1] (resized).jpggb special pack [2] (resized).jpggb special pack [2] (resized).jpggb special pack [4] (resized).jpggb special pack [4] (resized).jpggb special pack [3] (resized).jpggb special pack [3] (resized).jpg

#16961 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I like it, but MustangPaul beat me to one of my questions....can you remove it to lean the playfield against the top? And can you make it in green as well?

Yes it is extremely easy to remove and only takes about 5 Seconds. It re-attaches just as easily. If we decide to produce a run of these they will be available in both pink and green.

#16962 7 years ago

I wish I could buy just the Proton Beam from the set!!!

#16963 7 years ago

Hey guys, I have a LE still strapped to the pallet that I am considering selling, I believe its #415. If interested please pm me.

#16964 7 years ago

A hollow twinkie like that is begging to be modded with an LED

#16968 7 years ago

Can the guys that have played both the pro and the LE comment on the left ramp shot.
I have only played the pro and that shot is so smooth and fast , does it feel the same on the LE.
My metal ramps on Metallica are a bit slower just wondering if this is the case .

#16969 7 years ago

Fast as hell! It screams around and disappears below the playfield!

Pops back up, if no Storage Locks are Lit.
keeping the need for Speed, I now flipper press through all animations.....very satisying!!

#16970 7 years ago

So is this the modern version of a gobble hole?

http://i.imgur.com/h3i0YEm.mp4

Put in probably thirty games on the new GB Pro at the Seattle Pinball Museum. It was fun not having to worry about losing quarters constantly but the game still feels kinda...idk, blah? The "scenes" are so joyless and it still feels like nothing's really happening. The quotes from the movie are still super out of place, too - it's remembered as a wacky comedy sci-fi movie, but it's also a very low-key one, so all the quotes are dry and mumbled. It's like making an Annie Hall pin. Great flow, though. The scoop goof-up very gradually fixed itself, and later I saw the playfield up and being worked on so hopefully that won't be an issue in the future, but oy, what an issue!

#16971 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Put in probably thirty games on the new GB Pro at the Seattle Pinball Museum. It was fun not having to worry about losing quarters constantly but the game still feels kinda...idk, blah? The "scenes" are so joyless and it still feels like nothing's really happening. The quotes from the movie are still super out of place, too - it's remembered as a wacky comedy sci-fi movie, but it's also a very low-key one, so all the quotes are dry and mumbled. It's like making an Annie Hall pin. Great flow, though. The scoop goof-up very gradually fixed itself, and later I saw the playfield up and being worked on so hopefully that won't be an issue in the future, but oy, what an issue!

Center post is more or less mandatory on this game if you want repeat business over the long haul.

#16972 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I just broke my monitor at work by slapping the side of it trying to nudge that shot.

#16973 7 years ago

How many of you have installed a color dmd on your GB machines. DO you think it is worth it or wait until or if they get one fully set for this game???

#16974 7 years ago

Id Wait.....If its not an LE in Green, it would seem a full color is a year or 2 out?

Blue? maybe?

#16975 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id Wait.....If its not an LE in Green, it would seem a full color is a year or 2 out?
Blue? maybe?

The ones with green I have seen look great .

#16976 7 years ago

i think so too.

Are you thinking Green in a premium or Pro?

#16977 7 years ago

I have a premium coming. I thought you could pick any color for the color DMD at this point, so I was thinking Green, White (I saw this on a LE and looked sweet) or Blue

#16978 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I had to tweak mine as out of the box, it did the same thing!

But I agree, on the earning comment. Not sure how an operator makes their money back when every person that plays a game only plays one and walks away shaking their head...

#16979 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Fast as hell! It screams around and disappears below the playfield!
Pops back up, if no Storage Locks are Lit.
keeping the need for Speed, I now flipper press through all animations.....very satisying!!

Agree, the LE shot is not as tough to make as it looks and it is fun to watch! The pro shot is fun too.

It is the right ramp shot that I just don't get on GB pro. The pro shot with its up and down makes me feel like I failed the shot. The prem/LE shot is much more satisfying.

#16980 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I had to tweak mine as out of the box, it did the same thing!
But I agree, on the earning comment. Not sure how an operator makes their money back when every person that plays a game only plays one and walks away shaking their head...

I've absolutely seen some on-location players get visibly frustrated, which is a shame. I'm sure the SDTM scoop shots are common before realignment, it was just funny how bang on unsavable-without-a-three-inch-slide down the middle it was when I first started playing it. By the time I got my phone out to capture it it had started to readjust itself and was savable with a strong slap to the right. Thankfully no issue with the right orbit return or the left pops exit, which safely fell to the left flipper every time.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

It is the right ramp shot that I just don't get on GB pro. The pro shot with its up and down makes me feel like I failed the shot. The prem/LE shot is much more satisfying.

It's a very unrewarding shot. Every time I hit it on this machine it would just kind of smack against the back wall, maybe trip the first switch, and then meander back down to the inlane. It makes it feel just kind of dully necessary when it's lit in a mode, especially since hitting a switch in a mode doesn't really do anything besides turn the arrow off.

#16981 7 years ago

Quoted from MNPinner:I have a premium coming. I thought you could pick any color for the color DMD at this point, so I was thinking Green, White (I saw this on a LE and looked sweet) or Blue

If you have the money now you should get it and set it to whatever single color you want and enjoy it while you wait for them to come out with the full color version. That's what I did with my ST Pro, I have it set on blue while I wait...and wait.....and wait.

Added over 8 years ago: I posted bad advice so I removed it.

#16982 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you have the money now you should get it and set it to whatever single color you want and enjoy it while you wait for them to come out with the full color version. That's what I did with my ST Pro, I have it set on blue while I wait...and wait.....and wait.

ColorDMD has warned that there is no guarantee that a display bought now will work if/when they release GB. If you're OK with that, go for it and enjoy!

#16983 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

ColorDMD has warned that there is no guarantee that a display bought now will work if/when they release GB. If you're OK with that, go for it and enjoy!

This when there guarantee or come out with a new version that will support spike I will get one even if GB color is not available yet.

#16984 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Put a bunch of games on an LE previously, but last night was my first on a Pro, and yeah, had a similar experience. Finally just accepted that I would have to take a warning saving it every time. Harsh.

And +1 on the right ramp shot as well. At first I thought I wasn't hitting it cleanly, but then realizing it had nowhere else to go, I just sort of sighed every time I hit it.

#16985 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

This when there guarantee or come out with a new version that will support spike I will get one even if GB color is not available yet.

They have beta support for SPIKE.

#16986 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Center post is more or less mandatory on this game if you want repeat business over the long haul.

I played a few games of the pro at NYNY in Vegas, and it has the center post.
I agree, it made the game much more enjoyable and playable for an average player like me.

#16987 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Oh crap I forgot all about that. Sorry, I'll remove my post.

#16988 7 years ago

As someone very interested in a GB Premium, has Stern affirmatively gotten to the bottom of and corrected these manufacturing defects, moving forward- i.e., playfields with clear that lifts/ghosts, clear that cracks? If we just don't know for real I may want to just sit this one out till the dust officially settles.

#16989 7 years ago

The GB Pro at my location doesn't have any noticeable SDTM problem. Honestly the biggest SDTM danger seems to come from cradle attempts. Otherwise drains are usually from hitting the metal rails and bouncing down the outlanes, or air balls sailing above past everything on their way down. This table has been the #1 earner in the weeks it has been here. I'd say it's less frustrating for civilians than AC/DC or Walking Dead.

Definitely agree with the right ramp criticism though.

Quoted from kpg:

If anyone is putting up big scores and having longer then 15-20 second ball times with the factory gap and no center post, they need to compete with Keith Bowen in a tournament then. Average players simply will not do well the way it is. Even with the center post the game is still very challenging with the huge gap.

I'm an average player and put up 1.3 bil the other day. Another average player put up 1.6 bil the next evening.

#16990 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

As someone very interested in a GB Premium, has Stern affirmatively gotten to the bottom of and corrected these manufacturing defects, moving forward- i.e., playfields with clear that lifts/ghosts, clear that cracks? If we just don't know for real I may want to just sit this one out till the dust officially settles.

No one knows, Stern hasn't said a word. Best to wait till we hear/not hear something from them.

#16991 7 years ago

Me LE is tuned in and ready to go!
I've got 60-80 games on my LE so far and I've spent a lot of time tweaking and trying different things. At first glance this pin is just beautiful, but good games for the average player are few and far in between. Even though on factory settings it is brutal in my opinion, I was still left wanting one more game. Now that it's super tuned, just love it. Time to work on modes and not work on tuning.
Air ball plastic-
This is a must on this pin(Le/Premium), It should be standard equipment, I'd recommend getting this before ever putting a game on in the first place. They are available now, I know that Art"oldpinguy" is sellling these and there is one other.
Angle-
6.5 degrees is what has worked for me. I've tried 7 degrees at first, but in the end went to 6.5 degrees and that's where it will stay
Flippers-
I tried moving them up, in an attempt to stop air balls before I had an air ball deflector plastic and this didn't work, made the left and right PKE shots and stand up targets too difficult to hit, taking away from the game. I was warned, guess I was wrong.
Bought the extended length Carrot Flippers and aligned them like it was from the factory. That little bit extra makes all the difference, really! Highly recommend. I tried to take some pictures, but tough to get perspective due to camera angle.
Rubbers-
Switched to perfect play, fit no problem on larger flipper bats
Center post kit-
Thought I had to have this originally. I don't feel this kit is necessary given longer flippers and other adjustments I've made. This from an average player.
Subways-
Right Subway eject- noticed drains off of right slingshot and turned power down to 20
Left Subway eject- not enough power turned up to 60
Magna Slings-
Left at factory setting, I believe was 32. Tried 28, not enought there to really show off the feature, 36 was too much although still a lot fun. This feature alone brings this pin up to a different level in my opinion.
Coil Power-
I moved mine down to soft, I can make every shot without issue and the normal power seemed a bit much in my opinion
Left side Captive ball-
I noticed the plastic was down a bit low, enough where I could see ball marks on it. Also I noticed the gate would sometimes not let a ball in due to being stopped by the plastic being too low. I ended up placing one washer on the top right bolt right under the plastic. I also bent the wire gate top up a little bit now that there was more room underneath, took balls out(really dirty and finger printed) replaced with new ones and waxed area underneath. no more issues there
Out lane posts-
For the average player move them to narrow setting-Heck, maybe even for the good player.
Drains from out lanes over the rails-
It happens occasionally, more in multi ball(less now that game is at 6.5 degrees), but not an issue that's really needing to be addressed at this time as it's just not that frequent.
Cliffy-Right side shooter lane protect and felt left side of shooter lane until protector is available
Blue tape over edge of ball trough
Other adjustments:
Left ramp switch was not registering 100%, little bend and it was good to go
Left wire form ramp wanted to drain on exit sometimes-it just needed to be moved as it was hitting washer
Ghosting-Thankfully non at this time-July play field date-August 2nd Cabinet date(took delivery at months end August)
Conclusion:
All NIB pinbs need tweaking to get super tuned. Center drains from left pops still occur, but it's manageable, longer flippers help catch some of those. Stay away from hitting the ghost target and right stand up target at left ramp at the wrong angle and all will be good. Time to focus on beating modes...
IMG_0276 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0281 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0281 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0290 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0290 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0280 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0280 (1) (resized).JPG

Added over 8 years ago: Forgot one item:

Scoleri Bros drop targerts-Noticed targets not going into play field when struck occasionally and getting the ball kicked back as a result. Installed pinball life fix(new springs) and it is a non issue at this point. This is a one minute fix

#16992 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Me LE is tuned in and ready to go!
I've got 60-80 games on my LE so far and I've spent a lot of time tweaking and trying different things. At first glance this pin is just beautiful, but good games for the average player are few and far in between. Even though on factory settings it is brutal in my opinion, I was still left wanting one more game. Now that it's super tuned, just love it. Time to work on modes and not work on tuning.
Air ball plastic-
This is a must on this pin(Le/Premium), It should be standard equipment, I'd recommend getting this before ever putting a game on in the first place. They are available now, I know that Art"oldpinguy" is sellling these and there is one other.
Angle-
6.5 degrees is what has worked for me. I've tried 7 degrees at first, but in the end went to 6.5 degrees and that's where it will stay
Flippers-
I tried moving them up, in an attempt to stop air balls before I had an air ball deflector plastic and this didn't work, made the left and right PKE shots and stand up targets too difficult to hit, taking away from the game. I was warned, guess I was wrong.
Bought the extended length Carrot Flippers and aligned them like it was from the factory. That little bit extra makes all the difference, really! Highly recommend. I tried to take some pictures, but tough to get perspective due to camera angle.
Center post kit-
Thought I had to have this originally. I don't feel this kit is necessary given longer flippers and other adjustments I've made. This from an average player.
Subways-
Right Subway eject- noticed drains off of right slingshot and turned power down to 20
Left Subway eject- not enough power turned up to 60
Magna Slings-
Left at factory setting, I believe was 32. Tried 28, not enought there to really show off the feature, 36 was too much although still a lot fun. This feature alone brings this pin up to a different level in my opinion.
Coil Power-
I moved mine down to soft, I can make every shot without issue and the normal power seemed a bit much in my opinion
Left side Captive ball-
I noticed the plastic was down a bit low, enough where I could see ball marks on it. Also I noticed the gate would sometimes not let a ball in due to being stopped by the plastic being too low. I ended up placing one washer on the top right bolt right under the plastic. I also bent the wire gate top up a little bit now that there was more room underneath, took balls out(really dirty and finger printed) replaced with new ones and waxed area underneath. no more issues there
Out lane posts-
For the average player move them to narrow setting-Heck, maybe even for the good player.
Drains from out lanes over the rails-
It happens occasionally, more in multi ball(less now that game is at 6.5 degrees), but not an issue that's really needing to be addressed at this time as it's just not that frequent.
Other adjustments:
Left ramp switch was not registering 100%, little bend and it was good to go
Left wire form ramp wanted to drain on exit sometimes-it just needed to be moved as it was hitting washer
Conclusion:
All NIB pinbs need tweaking to get super tuned. Center drains from left pops still occur, but it's manageable, longer flippers help catch some of those. Stay away from hitting the ghost target and right stand up target at left ramp at the wrong angle and all will be good. Time to focus on beating modes...

They come in white too

#16993 7 years ago

It looks like the size difference from carrot flippers to regular flippers is very marginal. It looks like an 1/8" difference? It does not appear to me that this small of a size increase would really do much. I do agree with you 100% to try and avoid ghost target, the risk v.s. reward is very high with an increased chance of ball draining straight down the middle.

p.s. I am still waiting for some crazy bastard to put some lightning flippers on this machine and show us rookies how it is done-I keed, I keed

#16994 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

They come in white too

After some searching, I found some at bayareaamusements, white is what I prefer as well.

#16995 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It looks like the size difference from carrot flippers to regular flippers is very marginal. It looks like an 1/8" difference? It does not appear to me that this small of a size increase would really do much. I do agree with you 100% to try and avoid ghost target, the risk v.s. reward is very high with an increased chance of ball draining straight down the middle.
p.s. I am still waiting for some crazy bastard to put some lightning flippers on this machine and show us rookies how it is done-I keed, I keed

The perspective on the picture is tough due to camera angle, you're right in that it's not night and day difference in appearance. It gives you just enough to dig that ball out, scrape it or catch it on what would have been a drain on many passes. The flipper bat change made a real difference on the game in my opinion and for those who are new to it, this was only a 5 minute job.

#16996 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Center post kit-

I think its a toss-up of using longer flippers or a center post on GB.
Personally I like the ball action of the center post, Its fun when a dead on center drain bounces 6" up and back into play, it also gives you a little bit more time in multiballs.
Or you wait for the center bounce only to find that its off by a tiny amount and deflects down the drain anyway.

#16997 7 years ago

I imagine the center post is great help for the SDTM drains from the pops on a lot of GBs, though maybe they should have one down and to the right to save the drains from the left scoop!

#16999 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do agree with you 100% to try and avoid ghost target, the risk v.s. reward is very high with an increased chance of ball draining straight down the middle.

I don't think he was saying to avoid the Ghost shot entirely, just avoid hitting it at the wrong angle.

#17000 7 years ago

90% of the time the ball exits out the right side from the pops where sdtm is almost impossible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/340 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.