IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 360.
#17301 7 years ago

I hope everyone removes their center posts, carrot flippers, and outlane rubberbands now and plays some real pinball.

#17302 7 years ago

Ok, there's a definite bug. If you have a mode running, hitting the video mode start skill shot doesn't start the mode, it just awards you the 10% of your points and ejects the ball. Hitting the skill shot with no mode running will bring you to the prompt to select which video mode you want to play.

Don't Cross the Streams is worth a good chunk of points.

#17303 7 years ago

Played Don't Cross the Streams twice now.
Still a bit confused on which direction the streams will move when I hit the flipper buttons.

#17304 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Played Don't Cross the Streams twice now.
Still a bit confused on which direction the streams will move when I hit the flipper buttons.

It's a little weird, yeah. From what I could tell, left flipper moved the left stream in, right flipper moved the right in. Couldn't see how to reverse the direction, maybe pressing both buttons moves them both out. I'll need to see. Of course it could always move them both in and cause an instant crossing. Haha.

#17305 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a little weird, yeah. From what I could tell, left flipper moved the left stream in, right flipper moved the right in. Couldn't see how to reverse the direction, maybe pressing both buttons moves them both out. I'll need to see. Of course it could always move them both in and cause an instant crossing. Haha.

Yes. That is what I am talking about.
How do they reverse direction?
I'm sure someone will figure it out soon.

#17306 7 years ago

Ok, so streams automatically reset back to their starting point after a capture. It's a little clumsy, but you just wait and it will go back. You can only move inward, so you have to be careful that you don't go too far or else you'll miss a ghost. The time it takes to capture a ghost is long though, and often two ghosts will come in behind that one and you're kind of screwed.

Interesting video mode. You will have to get used to the slow pace of it though. First try I caught one ghost, then two. Now I'm getting around 9-10 per try.

Edit: Another bug (sort of the same as the video mode bug...Tobin's sometimes doesn't award on the skill shot. I had a mode running and extra ball lit. I hit the skill shot, and it didn't give me the Tobin Award, just the 10% score and the extra ball. Hit it again next ball to test and again, no Tobin awarded. I had a mode running, so I think that's the issue, just like it is with the video mode not starting.

#17307 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm happy as fuuuuuuuck, and so are all the other people who wanted GB to be fun! This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you Dwight! I had put my order on hold...I am taking delivery now!
For those who want the game to be repetitive and impossible, you can change it back to the old way in the adjustments.

This really makes the game more enjoyable, my wife noticed it right away when she got to Gozer on her first game with the new code.
It's way better for the casual player and those that want it impossible can change the setting. Happy campers all around!

#17308 7 years ago

Yes for sure. You can get through the modes much easier. I suspect TaylorVA will change it to hard quickly.

#17309 7 years ago

How do I get the update?

#17310 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes for sure. You can get through the modes much easier. I suspect TaylorVA will change it to hard quickly.

Kind of wish they'd leave it the old way by default and allow you to make it easier via adjustments. Especially since I don't have control of the settings when I play on route. Now it will likely be a matter of timing out modes and looping left ramp shots continually until you make a lucrative mode like Stay Puff. I really didn't think it was that difficult before.

#17311 7 years ago

Do they have the older versions of the code archived somewhere?

#17312 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

How do I get the update?

http://sternpinball.com/game-code

Quoted from MikeS:

Kind of wish they'd leave it the old way by default and allow you to make it easier via adjustments. Especially since I don't have control of the settings when I play on route. Now it will likely be a matter of timing out modes and looping left ramp shots continually until you make a lucrative mode like Stay Puff. I really didn't think it was that difficult before.

Route games are usually for casual players anyway, this makes it more approachable for the casual player. You don't have to let the mode time out

#17313 7 years ago
Quoted from dasb:

yeah node board 9 was what we swapped. also tried a new cat5 cable. guessing it's some wire(s) to the board we need to check one by one.

Customer service also said it could be a shorted LED in the GI's. One bad one can bring the whole system down, since the GI's are now DC instead of AC.

#17314 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well for me Slimer is almost impossible to register a hit now the entire time he is out.
Looks like they forgot to turn the sensitivity back after he comes down.
I was pegging the hell out of him directly game after game and getting nothing on my Premium.
I think I got one hit out of 40 or 50.
He used to register just fine with even a side glance.
Anyone else noticing this?

Sign of crazy. I'm quoting myself. lol
Anyway. I put the game into switch test mode and found out that Slimer will only register a hit from behind him.
I can bend him all the way back and nothing. All the way left and right and nothing.
But if I bend him forward it will register a hit.
Maybe it is just coincidence and has nothing to do with the new code. But very strange that he was working great just prior to update.

#17315 7 years ago

Still no way to backup high scores yet before you update right?

#17316 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

http://sternpinball.com/game-code

Route games are usually for casual players anyway, this makes it more approachable for the casual player. You don't have to let the mode time out

Hopefully they build in a good incentive for finishing modes. Maybe have it cash in a large bonus or start you out with multipliers in WCWS. Otherwise it takes the fun out of completing them.

#17317 7 years ago

Are there more callouts / audio clips from the movie?

#17318 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are there more callouts / audio clips from the movie?

I haven't found any added audio, just easier to hear voices.

#17319 7 years ago

Here is my initial impression of the update: They have addressed the bitching points of the code from a few vocal pinsiders (mainly in New York) Mission accomplished. But in all seriousness it is much less frustrating and the update is much better than I initially thought. No Jeff, this isn't a disappointment.

#17320 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I haven't found any added audio, just easier to hear voices.

damn I was hoping a lot of the clips found in the current code would have been put to use.

#17321 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn I was hoping a lot of the clips found in the current code would have been put to use.

They might. I could just have not noticed to this point.

#17322 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Still no way to backup high scores yet before you update right?

That would be meaningless because of the changes in the rules.

#17323 7 years ago

This may have been addressed before but what does everyone think of their choice of music in the game?

Seems to me that there was heavy reliance on stock music. Can't tell me that licensing for the Film score could have been that high?

At least that was something I noticed with the Pro I played earlier tonight.

#17324 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Seems to me that there was heavy reliance on stock music. Can't tell me that licensing for the Film score could have been that high?

Uh, almost all the music is original. There's very little licensed music in the game.

#17325 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Now it will likely be a matter of timing out modes

Only dicks play games like that. Almost zero mode based games have ever required completion. You could time out ever mode on LOTR and get to Destroy the Ring...but why would you want to? You could time out every mode in STTNG and get to the wiz mode...but why would you want to. That's not fun, and it's not a valid complaint ...especially about a game that is so physically difficult. This balances that out.

#17326 7 years ago

If you plan on timing out modes, there's an adjustment you need to make so that it doesn't pause the timer on trapped balls. When instant info comes on, it pauses the mode timer by default. There's an adjustment to keep it ticking.

#17327 7 years ago

Ok- so loaded on the new code. Love the fact that the mode progress is saved.

Has anyone ever had a 5 second long visual of a 'screaming face' with a piercing screeching sound- it occurred off the left ramp when we started the 2nd ladder. After which the screen went blank for a few seconds before starting the mode. We have never seen this prior to the code update. Was very cool but also unexpected.

#17328 7 years ago

That's the new scare feature.

#17329 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do they have the older versions of the code archived somewhere?

Before updating I always back up my Spike SD card.

#17330 7 years ago

Pretty interesting 'scare feature' in the new code; gave my kids a pretty good scare lol.

#17331 7 years ago

Another quick observation with the new code: I was unable to find the adjustment for the strength of the magna-slings? Has anyone seen where this is now located in the adjustments? I may have just missed it.

#17332 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only dicks play games like that. Almost zero mode based games have ever required completion. You could time out ever mode on LOTR and get to Destroy the Ring...but why would you want to? You could time out every mode in STTNG and get to the wiz mode...but why would you want to. That's not fun, and it's not a valid complaint ...especially about a game that is so physically difficult. This balances that out.

Learn STTNG better.. you play the modes through in STTNG to get artifacts.. which impact the scoring in FF *significantly*... and you time out the crappy features that are more risk than they are worth (like Romulans)

And DTR in LOTR is from multiball, not modes.

Knowing what to play and what to skip/avoid is part of mastering games.

HRC requires completion to lock in a mode
Tron requires completion to get Portal
MB requires completion to get to Monsters of Rock
LOTR requires completion to get to Valinor

The list goes on... many many games require completion to get the full objectives. You are only every stuck in a single mode in GB if you put yourself in that position.

What ghost busters does that not many recent games do is if you miss your prime objectives, there may not be a whole lot lit for you to just bash around on. You have to qualify stuff... get those ghosts, advance that captive ball, advance ghost/slimer.

Ghosts are a very valid strategy along with the pop bumpers to keep advancing if your mode isn't ready. Getting to loopin' supers, and PKE are big points in their own right. Or working on advancing the super jackpot and bonus X.

#17333 7 years ago

Ok, so this update broke my Slimer!! He worked much better with 1.05, now he registers like shit. Seems to register mostly from behind instead of direct front shots.

Mag slings work a lot better, more tricks and a bit more powerful with default settings

During storage facility MB, only one scoleri bros. target pops up at a time instead of both! Much better.

#17334 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ha great minds think alike-I did the same thing except with ghost projector...

I did that too, except I have mine sitting on an arcade game next to the pin, pointing at the ceiling above the game.

#17335 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, so this update broke my Slimer!! He worked much better with 1.05, now he registers like shit.

Well. Thats at least two of us.
I was beginning to think it was just me.

#17336 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yeah, I suspect a pretty quick fix to be released because of this, maybe 1.11 - my slimer used to work perfect, now he's essentially broken.

#17337 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Tron requires completion to get Portal

LOTR requires completion to get to Valinor

Buuuut..these give you SOS, and DTR & TABA if you don't complete. GB was only giving the complete or nothing option. So, they just have to put in some big wizard mode that equates to Portal or Valinor, and then we are on the same page as these.

#17338 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My pros not working as good now either.

#17339 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Buuuut..these give you SOS, and DTR & TABA if you don't complete. GB was only giving the complete or nothing option. So, they just have to put in some big wizard mode that equates to Portal or Valinor, and then we are on the same page as these.

The complaint wasn't that there wasn't payoffs along the way... But that you need completion to see the next thing. That still holds true. You don't get those features without earning them.... With completion

#17340 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Customer service also said it could be a shorted LED in the GI's. One bad one can bring the whole system down, since the GI's are now DC instead of AC.

connections were all reseated, no change.

whenever storage facility multiball starts it's animation, everything will work again. all of the lights, the pop bumpers, everything. but as soon as the multiball animation ends, it stops working and starts flickering again.

same thing happens with the extra ball animation.

only those two modes will trigger it to happen.

also we've noticed the game make the same sound when you enter in to the service menu, the "DUMM" sound it makes. it will happen constantly at times while the game is in play and after targets are hit. it can also just happen on it's own without hitting any targets.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B025qXGF1pWtsi;B1387308-AB1D-4090-BED7-AA661E6E684B

we have another video on another video, waiting for them to upload it.

#17341 7 years ago

My gb is kicking ass slimmer is working perfectly on my pro

IMG_6527 (resized).JPGIMG_6527 (resized).JPG

#17342 7 years ago

I've crashed it. Replicated with glass off. Hit scoop when lit for video as the skillshot, hit right flipper before your menu choice of which mode you want comes up, it jumps straight to ESP and hangs here...

#17343 7 years ago

I'm not even joking, the update added more bugs than features.

#17344 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I definitely agree.

Playing through a bunch of games tonight, weird things were happening all over the place. Love the way the modes work now though.

I had a very irritating bug, where the E on the PKE upper lanes kept flickering and flashing at weird times. Never happened in prior software.

The Slimer registering problem is bad enough for me to need to downgrade back to 1.05 it seems

The don't cross the streams video mode is very weak, IMO.

#17345 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Lol

#17346 7 years ago

So an advice is backup before you install, so you can get back to the 1.05 version.
Or just wait a while. Seems the best advice imho with the complete Ghostbusters pinball. Just wait a year.....

#17347 7 years ago

I'm not seeing any difference with my slimer registering. That one seems inconsistent. Maybe to do with different solutions people have implemented for the dragging? Dunno, just an idea, wondering why it's inconsistent.
I am seeing the flickering E, though. Seems that's everywhere.

#17348 7 years ago

Having the software with don't cross the streams on a test location for a while...

Winning it gives you about 29M (in my case). Really cool mode, a bit like dracula video mode but with a touch!

#17349 7 years ago

AVERT YOUR EYES!

I don't know where to post anymore, this is in the other thread too. haha..anyway..

SPOILER ALERT. DCTS vid mode easy beat instructions..

The video mode pays 59,925,000 if you win it. I think it's close to free points. I am beating it four times in five doing the following... Use the stream that is farthest from your target. The streams catch the ghost then drag back towards their side of origin, and catch all the ghosts that appear on the way. If a ghost appears on the left, shoot it with the right stream. All the ghosts that then appear between the target ghost and your stream origin (which is now likely most of them as you have targetted the ghost farthest away on the other side of the screen) get caught automatically as your stream drags its way back to the side you're shooting from. Now, because the OTHER stream is only hitting ghosts a short distance from it, it catches and resets quickly, so you can use it again while the long one is doing its vacuum cleaner act. Some times it goes a little awry, but I've been working on this all evening and it just works time after time. As that first stream is making its way back, use the other as needs be. Just remember, at any time, use the farthest away proton pack that you can. It takes 15 captures to win and you can usually do it with just three, maybe four hits.

#17350 7 years ago

Yes, Timebandit you're correct, winning was indeed 59M instead of 29M.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.