IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 360.
#16701 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

On iPhone you can use the compass. Works ok, there is a bubble and hill level.

Yeah....I use compass app for vertical adjustments, and an old fashioned bubble leveler for horizontal.

#16702 7 years ago

I would lower the pitch on mine, but the flippers are just too strong then. I still occasionally get rejects off the top of the left ramp.

Rob

#16703 7 years ago

What happened to the OP?

#16704 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What happened to the OP?

Word on the streets he was arrested and then beaten up in prison for selling bootleg copies of Ghostbusters 2. Latest information is that he is laying low, working as a manager at a Cinnabon in Nebraska.

#16705 7 years ago

So what is up with the level being centered and it being 15-16 degrees?

I just checked my tables and all the levels are centered but read 15 degrees? They seem to play fine.

#16706 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what is up with the level being centered and it being 15-16 degrees?
I just checked my tables and all the levels are centered but read 15 degrees? They seem to play fine.

Measure the level on the playfield, not the glass.

#16707 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've been playing for the modes lately, can't score that way really. What does it take to beat Gozer? How many F ing shots? I collected Gozer but haven't made it to Stay Puft yet.

Check out this rule sheet wiki - http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

There are points there from what I see and right now I enjoy playing the modes

#16708 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Check out this rule sheet wiki - http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358
There are points there from what I see and right now I enjoy playing the modes

Thanks, that's great, I like playing all the modes as well.

#16709 7 years ago

Does anyone know how to light the multipliers with the left captive ball?

The 'Light Playfield Multipliers' has been lit many times, and I will hit 2-3 balls and the multipliers dont light. In fact, I dont think I have ever lit the multipliers off that left captive ball thing. Is there a time limit in which you need to hit them?

#16710 7 years ago

Played a few games on an LE at Flippers arcade in NC. Couple of thoughts, mismatched side rails & no ghosting I could see. Couple of crazy air balls and Lane jumping as expected.
Wife & daughter liked it but really didn't like the flipper gap to the point they didn't want to put anymore money in the machine.
I think I would prefer the carrot flippers over the add on center post.

#16711 7 years ago

I wonder how many people would complain about the flipper gap if they weren't aware of it.

#16712 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I wonder how many people would complain about the flipper gap if they weren't aware of it.

I wonder how many people would be complaining about ghosting if they didn't know there was an issue.........lol

#16713 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I wonder how many people would be complaining about ghosting if they didn't know there was an issue.........lol

Very few....

#16714 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What happened to the OP?

He was a bad boy and got the boot.

#16715 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Played a few games on an LE at Flippers arcade in NC. Couple of thoughts, mismatched side rails & no ghosting I could see. Couple of crazy air balls and Lane jumping as expected.
Wife & daughter liked it but really didn't like the flipper gap to the point they didn't want to put anymore money in the machine.
I think I would prefer the carrot flippers over the add on center post.

The center gap is passing me off but trying to get use to it without modifying what makes me even madder is that he made it larger the his other gaps really don't get that.

#16716 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's impossible to not be aware of it. It's there, clear as day.

#16717 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's impossible to not be aware of it. It's there, clear as day.

Maybe to Pinheads who are examining such things....casual player? No way.

#16718 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Have you played it??? It's noticeably way bigger then the normal gap it's even bigger then Trudeau normal large gap

#16719 7 years ago

To add further it's not just stdm and nudgeing it changes ball handling alot and on top of that the flippers have a unusual angel

#16720 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Casual player's game is over in 15 seconds ...why? Down the middle, down the middle, down the middle, done. It's not some "only experts notice" thing.

#16721 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does anyone know how to light the multipliers with the left captive ball?
The 'Light Playfield Multipliers' has been lit many times, and I will hit 2-3 balls and the multipliers dont light. In fact, I dont think I have ever lit the multipliers off that left captive ball thing. Is there a time limit in which you need to hit them?

I had the same problem last night. I have not found anything in this regard in the current rulesheets. I achieved receiving a double count multiplier with the left captive balls (but not together with the triple multiplier). But when the blue light "Multipliers" is lit that does not necessarily means that you get it. I think you must activate the left scoop before or you must light up the "Multipliers" by hitting the 3 stand up Targets left before you shoot the first captive ball.

Does anybody know that for sure? Would be of interest for me as well.

#16722 7 years ago

yep happend already to me, not working as (i think) it must works !?
than not sure its just bugging sometimes (why ?) with the switches there, i already make few complete turns of 3 balls and get nothing...

#16723 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep happend already to me, not working as (i think) it must works !?
than not sure its just bugging sometimes (why ?) with the switches there, i already make few complete turns of 3 balls and get nothing...

Yes, you get nothing, if nothing has been lit before. Therefore you need to light something shooting the 3 standups left. For the first ball the storage facility MB is lit automatically and you can get it by shooting 2 balls in the left captive balls. But after completing the first 3 captive balls the question is how to proceed. My understanding is that you need to light the 3 standups (and thus a new light in the captives) before you start shooting the captive balls. But I am not sure.

#16724 7 years ago

sounds ok
but once 1 of the 3 (lets forget add-a-ball in this case) insert is lit, you kick 1 shot at captive, that insert start blinking, you complete the round, and than nothing happend... at the moment seems bugging to me, doesnt think its linked with the 3 standup there

#16725 7 years ago

mod idea :

well than, we have 2 captive balls on GB, someone with a good idea to swap the right one and put there something more "sexy" to shoot for ? and dont reply : the wolverine people removed from their x-men...

btw, another cheap mod i've made from the begining and not shared with you : behind the upper reflective plastic above PKE, just add a black paper and the reflexion will be 10X better

#16726 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

sounds ok
but once 1 of the 3 (lets forget add-a-ball in this case) insert is lit, you kick 1 shot at captive, that insert start blinking, you complete the round, and than nothing happend... at the moment seems bugging to me, doesnt think its linked with the 3 standup there

In this case seems strange to me. Perhaps I try the different cases with glass off.

#16727 7 years ago

Exactly guys, I guess I'm not crazy after all. The left captive ball thing just doesn't make sense on how it works at all to me. Perhaps it's a coding bug not many have noticed.

#16728 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Casual player thinks they suck, don't enjoy the game = game sucks.
From what they played of it (when it didn't go STDM) it was enjoyable. But they didn't want to put more money into it. My daughter ended up playing Theatre of magic instead..

#16729 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Have you played it??? It's noticeably way bigger then the normal gap it's even bigger then Trudeau normal large gap

Yes I have, and I didn't notice it.

Imagine that....some people have a different experience than you!

#16730 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Casual player's game is over in 15 seconds ...why? Down the middle, down the middle, down the middle, done. It's not some "only experts notice" thing.

Wrong.

I played it at different locations. Didn't notice the gap.

Again, you're trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. You need to let it go.

#16731 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Casual player thinks they suck, don't enjoy the game = game sucks.
From what they played of it (when it didn't go STDM) it was enjoyable. But they didn't want to put more money into it. My daughter ended up playing Theatre of magic instead..

You're experiences aren't everyone's experiences.

#16732 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't figure this out, some say 15 second ball times and then I see people putting up scores of 24 billion...

#16733 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can't figure this out, some say 15 second ball times and then I see people putting up scores of 24 billion...

Did the 24 billion have closed outlanes center post and carrot flippers with tilt off

#16734 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

We're talking about casual players and the gap here. Not seasoned players.

#16735 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We're talking about casual players and the gap here. Not seasoned players.

If anyone is putting up big scores and having longer then 15-20 second ball times with the factory gap and no center post, they need to compete with Keith Bowen in a tournament then. Average players simply will not do well the way it is. Even with the center post the game is still very challenging with the huge gap.

#16736 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If anyone is putting up big scores and having longer then 15-20 second ball times with the factory gap and no center post, they need to compete with Keith Bowen in a tournament then. Average players simply will not do well the way it is. Even with the center post the game is still very challenging with the huge gap.

I might be an "above average" player, certainly not a stiff. I don't have the lanes pulled in and i don't have the center post and I don't find GBLE to be that difficult.

I don't experience any more SDTM on this pin than i do any other. Maybe a bit more but the out lane drains seem to be less.

I think it plays really fair because some of the shots like Ecto are so easy.

Maybe at some point I'll drop that center post in there but right now i'm happy with it and learning how to play it. 2 Billion is my high score which isn't great but I'm focusing more on the modes and the scoring isn't really there.

It's a fun great pin though!

#16737 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I might be an "above average" player, certainly not a stiff. I don't have the lanes pulled in and i don't have the center post and I don't find GBLE to be that difficult.
I don't experience any more SDTM on this pin than i do any other.

This will fall on deaf ears for some in this thread.

#16738 7 years ago

Totally agree with KPG, Flato and others who find this pin to be a challenging experience. I find this the most difficult game I've personally ever owned.
Now in saying that, it's still a blast to play!

#16739 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't experience any more SDTM on this pin than i do any other. Maybe a bit more but the out lane drains seem to be less.
I think it plays really fair because some of the shots like Ecto are so easy.
Maybe at some point I'll drop that center post in there but right now i'm happy with it and learning how to play it. 2 Billion is my high score which isn't great but I'm focusing more on the modes and the scoring isn't really there.
It's a fun great pin though!

^^

To those who don't know, Iceman is being humble. This guy can own a TWD machine because his skills are very high. Iceman is definitely above the ABOVE AVERAGE claim

GB is hard as hell. Not complaining, I like hard machines. I just needed to add a handicap with a center post and move the left outlane in to balance out the fun/frustrating ratio. I think it plays perfect now.

#16740 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I find this the most difficult game I've personally ever owned.

Harder than TWD?

I find IM, TWD, Tron and the like way harder than GB ... like not even in the same league.

Next time I'm at the location, I'll pull game time avg. and ball time avg. from the machines and see how they compare.

#16741 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Totally agree with KPG, Flato and others who find this pin to be a challenging experience. I find this the most difficult game I've personally ever owned.
Now in saying that, it's still a blast to play!

It's a blast to play when things start clicking together I love it but right now thats like 1 in 30 games going to keep going at it stock for awhile though . Think I have friends coming this weekend who have a hard time with scared stiff this should be interesting especially when that had a few beers

#16742 7 years ago

Agree both tron and wd harder than GB to me.

#16743 7 years ago

Smokedog, I may be in the minority, but personally I find my GBLE more challenging than IM, TWD or Tron.
I have owned an IM and currently own both a TWD premium and a Tron. My ball time is on average much shorter on my GBLE. I also find missed shots on GB are punished in quick order- often resulting in outlane drains or SDTM. I'm not a great player, but have pretty decent skills.
TWD and IM can be tough games no doubt; but they seem less hostile in dealing with missed shots. I keep reminding myself to simply play better! Lol.
Anyway, this is just my opinion and it certainly doesn't take away from the fact that GB is really a blast to play. I am always itching to hit that start button again as soon as I finish a game. All my family and friends feel the same way.

#16744 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

My ball time is on average much shorter on my GBLE.

Although I agree with smokedog, I am not saying you are wrong. I am curious if you are stating this from feel or by audits. I can say my average ball times on GBLE are longer than my ACDC premium by audits. Shorter than STLE, but that is no surprise.

#16745 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Although I agree with smokedog, I am not saying you are wrong. I am curious if you are stating this from feel or by audits. I can say my average ball times on GBLE are longer than my ACDC premium by audits. Shorter than STLE, but that is no surprise.

I don't think any of us will agree on this. I can last much longer on a game of ACDC Premium then GB, and thats even with the center post mod.. I think GB is harder then IM as well, and about the same as TWD.

What I miss the most vs any of those games is the ability to stack multi balls and get a crazy game going on GB. Nothing like stacking blood bath, then prison MB, then Well walker MB on TWD... That's a whole other topic though. Definitely the weakest part of GBs code

#16746 7 years ago

Here are the game time average on mine...

IM...2m28s
WD pro...3m01s
GB...3m27s

GB has only been here a week so I expect the game time will go up as we get to know the game more

Checked AC/DC.... 3m17s

#16747 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You're experiences aren't everyone's experiences.

Just reporting my experiences from a location Ghostbusters in a GB thread. You're mileage may vary..

#16748 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Here are the game time average on mine...
IM...2m28s
WD pro...3m01s
GB...3m27s
GB has only been here a week so I expect the game time will go up as we get to know the game more
Checked AC/DC.... 3m17s

Remember there's a lot of animations and delays on GB though

#16749 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just reporting my experiences from a location Ghostbusters in a GB thread. You're mileage may vary..

I have the center post / outlane mod installed in my GBLE and it's still challenging as hell. Like all Trudeau games, multiball is a bitch and a half to keep going.

I find the Trudeau gap on any game to be a horrible idea. If you see that ball traveling down the middle, chances are you just can't nudge and deflect the ball from one flipper tip to the other.

Couple this with the worst outlane drains ever created, and I agree, you're going to send many people over to Theatre of Magic.

#16750 7 years ago

I get a huge amount of plays on my ToM.
I have played GB with and without the center post.
I will never give a GB without the center post any more of my coin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/335 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.