IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 360.
#17451 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

finally got around to replacing all the factory rubbers with new white ones. Love the look!

Any pictures with the white rubber?

#17452 7 years ago

Can't believe people were adding a center post to this game. I found it easier than loads of other Stern games.

Oh, playing the premium for the first time.....

Darn it, it really is way better than expected. Premium's are never 'worth it' but the magna slings, different ramp, ecto goggles just make it so much more fun than the pro.

But for all the QC issues this would be top of my list.

#17453 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

The gate that is at the top of the captive ball ramp that keeps balls from coming backward (which does no even seem possible.) Seemed all it was doing was getting balls stuck between the curve

here's a clue : i never had a prob there, until i recently increase the slope, and now ball is stuck more than often...

#17454 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't believe people were adding a center post to this game. I found it easier than loads of other Stern games

already discussed lot of time, the center post and/or the carrot flippers
than lets just admit you're a very good player

to me, i'm just a good player, and i found GB quite hard (flipper gap), frustrating (outlanes, no plot/rubber on inlanes steel guide), and also punishing you, even if you dont make a wrong shot

than, as its for playing home (and not in tournament), evbd have to set this pin just the way they feel & enjoy it

#17455 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

here's a clue : i never had a prob there, until i recently increase the slope, and now ball is stuck more than often...

ok, i've just removed the gate, no more stuck ball there, but now its like a rocket ball on the ramp, just fast & furious (does this will work with PREM/LE underground lock/passage ? not sure)

and sometimes even too much, as in the left curve, ball jump over, in direction of the PKE lanes...
easy and simple trick for now : a piece of SMOOTH plastic (using a hard one will need almost 2 fixing point, else it could break and/or the ramp itself, not a good idea than)

another clue that this pin was so poorly beta-tested (sorry guys)
btw, take this as positive, as here in Belgium we have an expression that say : «qui aime bien, châtie bien»

ramp (resized).JPGramp (resized).JPG

#17456 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

already discussed lot of time, the center post and/or the carrot flippers
than lets just admit you're a very good player
to me, i'm just a good player, and i found GB quite hard (flipper gap), frustrating (outlanes, no plot/rubber on inlanes steel guide), and also punishing you, even if you dont make a wrong shot
than, as its for playing home (and not in tournament), evbd have to set this pin just the way they feel & enjoy it

I am a very average player - it just didn't seem any harder than any other game. Longer ball times as well. Yes, there are frustrating bounce outs etc.

#17457 7 years ago

I have had the center post for 3 months and removed. It helped "feel good" about progress being easier, but the biggest
difference is center post bounce backs in multiball. The magnets roaring, the center post produced some extra "tricks".

Sometimes I think a new game comes out, core players, fans, all of us are excited, and get the new game.
We dont know the angles, bounce backs etc, so it seems every new game released, goes through a few months of a learning curve, and early game owners/players complain a bit more as the bugs get worked out, the game gets broken in,
and experience in play comes.
Personally, the Center Post out only bothers my family that plays a lot less.

#17458 7 years ago

RipleYYY: oh I wasnt talking about the main ramp gate. I was having balls getting stuck on the Library captive ball gate. I do get the ball 'stopped' by the main ramp gate sometimes, but it always then slowly rolls down the ramp as it should.

Aquapin: heres the pics of the white rubber. I also found getting the factory rubbers off made a huge difference in bounce. The PKE lanes are bouncy as hell now. Kind of makes the skill shots a bit harder to hit, but it will probably settle down with time.

IMG_4003 (resized).JPGIMG_4003 (resized).JPG

IMG_4004 (resized).JPGIMG_4004 (resized).JPG

#17459 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

the Center Post out only bothers my family that plays a lot less

My wife refuses to play GB on location without a center post. She says the game is stupid without it.

Quoted from scarybeard:

heres the pics of the white rubber

Looks so much better, I wonder if you can just order the game with white rubber direct from the factory.

#17460 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

RipleYYY: oh I wasnt talking about the main ramp gate...

ok

btw, it didnt change what i've said above
and i'm doing a DIY nice-shity mod to replace that stupid plastic (lol)

#17461 7 years ago

Ghosting? What ghosting...nothing to see here..time to move on

20161103_093710 (resized).jpg20161103_093710 (resized).jpg

#17462 7 years ago

What is the strategy here when not using timed out mode? Skill shot to start scene who brought the dog? I still can't figure out how to get mb in this game! I need to read the rules

#17463 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Ghosting? What ghosting...nothing to see here..time to move on

That looks like Mylar lifting, not ghosting.

#17464 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

That looks like Mylar lifting, not ghosting.

Wow your an observant one aint you?
Isnt that what ghosting is..inserts coming away from mylar ?

#17465 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Wow your an observant one aint you?
Isnt that what ghosting is..inserts coming away from mylar ?

No, Ghosting is Clearcoat lifting from the insert, not Mylar lifting. I guess you could technically call it mylar ghosting but it's not relevant to the ghosting issues Stern has had.

#17466 7 years ago

There seem to be HUO GB Premium sales lately where the owner did not like the feel or gameplay or connection to the game. Has anyone tried to retrofit the flippers to close the Creech gap? Would this make it a more enjoyable game? Curious as a potential buyer...

#17467 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

No, Ghosting is Clearcoat lifting from the insert, not Mylar lifting. I guess you could technically call it mylar ghosting but it's not relevant to the ghosting issues Stern has had.

But ive only played less than 100 games on it ....
It shouldn't be doing this

#17468 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My wife refuses to play GB on location without a center post. She says the game is stupid without it.

Looks so much better, I wonder if you can just order the game with white rubber direct from the factory.

Exact Words too....Stupid.

Maybe our wives should play with each other.

#17469 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe our wives should play with each other.

Haha. Only if there is a live video feed for everyone to enjoy.

#17470 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There seem to be HUO GB Premium sales lately where the owner did not like the feel or gameplay or connection to the game. Has anyone tried to retrofit the flippers to close the Creech gap? Would this make it a more enjoyable game? Curious as a potential buyer...

I've got the longer Bally flippers and they're great. The gap now seems the same as other games. My STTNG and IJ gaps seem larger than the standard Stern gap, and this is probably comparable to those games now. Next I'm going to try the ModFather lane protectors to stop the airballs over the lane guides. The Pinball Universe kit isn't stopping them.

#17471 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Dont get caught up in the hype with the flipper gap gb will make you a better player

#17472 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Dont get caught up in the hype with the flipper gap gb will make you a better player

I don't even notice the gap to be honest..

#17473 7 years ago

I also don't notice the gap and it very rarely impacts my game.

#17474 7 years ago

The gap is ruining the game for me, TWD doesn't even seem like a drain monster compared to GB. I know I need to get better, but in the meantime i might try those longer flippers. Where can i get them?

#17475 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

But ive only played less than 100 games on it ....
It shouldn't be doing this

I ain't afraid o' no (mylar) ghost.....

#17476 7 years ago

Had my first GBLE issue tonight. Minor problem, and could have been worse. They left the wiring harness for the trough long enough so the wires got caught in the coil and shorted (notice the nice burn mark). Repaired the wire, and luckily, everything works fine.

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

#17477 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Had my first GBLE issue tonight. Minor problem, and could have been worse. They left the wiring harness for the trough long enough so the wires got caught in the coil and shorted (notice the nice burn mark). Repaired the wire, and luckily, everything works fine.

Yeah you lucked out.

#17478 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

My WOZ did the same thing, same place - it drove me crazy as it shut the game down but only rarely at first until the insulation was entirely worn through. I hate a damn intermittent problem -hard to diagnose and fix

#17479 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

...easy and simple trick for now : a piece of SMOOTH plastic...

OK, my shity-plastic-test (hello David ! lol) is gone for something better... well i think lol

IMGP1826 (resized).JPGIMGP1826 (resized).JPG

IMGP1828 (resized).JPGIMGP1828 (resized).JPG

IMGP1827 (resized).JPGIMGP1827 (resized).JPG

IMGP1829 (resized).JPGIMGP1829 (resized).JPG

IMGP1831 (resized).JPGIMGP1831 (resized).JPG

IMGP1833 (resized).JPGIMGP1833 (resized).JPG

#17480 7 years ago

Just had my best game yet on Ghostbusters. Still running original software. One question, where is the special? I heard it say special is lit but I couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was.

20161108_211259 (resized).jpg20161108_211259 (resized).jpg

#17481 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just had my best game yet on Ghostbusters. Still running original software. One question, where is the special? I heard it say special is lit but I couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was.

Nice game!

#17482 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

OK, my shity-plastic-test (hello David ! lol) is gone for something better... well i think lol

What did you use for the green slime

#17483 7 years ago

a mixed transparent glue & green gouache

#17484 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here you go I have them set to print on at 4x6 then just trim off the white excess. Enjoy!!

Printed... Beautiful ! These are sharp looking cards ! Thank you.

2nd the vote for a Staypuft / Gozer card. But for now these are going into my Premium-GB.

#17485 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

What did you use for the green slime

Quoted from RipleYYY:

a mixed transparent glue & green gouache

and to be honest, i want to try this on the inner sides cab, as it i will have some real 3D "consistency" (and not a flat design)
but not only i'm not sure how this will goes & render, it will be a prob when needed to move the PF up/down...

:/

#17486 7 years ago

Looked thru the last couple of pages and didn't see this mentioned.
I work for a distributor and we got a stack of Ecto Goggles metal plates as a service update part from Stern yesterday.
It installs on the left side of the ecto goggles - you remove the 3 screws, add this stainless steel part with the 3 screws you removed and it keeps airballs from getting to your LCD screen.
Contact your distributor you bought the game from to get one. They should have them, too.
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already.

#17487 7 years ago

New update v1.11 available

#17488 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Looked thru the last couple of pages and didn't see this mentioned.
I work for a distributor and we got a stack of Ecto Goggles metal plates as a service update part from Stern yesterday.
It installs on the left side of the ecto goggles - you remove the 3 screws, add this stainless steel part with the 3 screws you removed and it keeps airballs from getting to your LCD screen.
Contact your distributor you bought the game from to get one. They should have them, too.
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already.

I haven't seen it discussed yet either but can confirm that my distro mailed me out one of these today.

#17489 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

New update v1.11 available

yep
was so happy when a friend mail me on my phone that NEW CODE was just up... !!!
but now i've seen what's in it, i'm feeling even more bored than before

#17490 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep
was so happy when a friend mail me on my phone that NEW CODE was just up... !!!
but now i've seen what's in it, i'm feeling even more bored than before

I hear ya. I know everyone appreciates the code work being done on Ghostbusters but it seems odd that for Stern's latest game that there's only been 2 small updates in 6 months. The updates have consisted of mostly bug fixes, minor tweaks, and a new video mode.

Where's the new modes (Slimer multiball)? More animations for the Ecto Goggles? Code to take advantage of the extra movement of the slimer mech on the premium? More unique use of the magnetic slings depending on what mode you are in? How about other rules to put some unique twists on scoring or something?

I think that Stern's programmers are just rushed from one project to the next as they are making more games per year then ever. Also, while Stern is now trying to release more software complete games I think that is going to result in games not being as deep and lacking personality.

#17491 7 years ago

well, if you would have never showed her that a center post was an option, then it probably would never have been an issue. My alien poker has the same flipper gap as my GB, and i've never had anyone complain about the gap being to big on there either.

#17492 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well, if you would have never showed her that a center post was an option, then it probably would never have been an issue. My alien poker has the same flipper gap as my GB, and i've never had anyone complain about the gap being to big on there either.

She played 2 balls on a premium without a center post and walked away mid game, as both balls immediately drained, she thought it was broken.
When at the NYNY arcade she put $20 in the game there, as it had a center post.
She said the one she played before was missing the center post part and might have been defective.

I dont promt her or explain things like try to be a better player to her. I allow her to experiment and find games that match her ability as well as games that entice her.

My opinion is that pinball is a visceral thing, you either like the game or dont.
If you dont like it, dont put your money in it.

After the NYNY experience she is thinking we should get a GB as long as it has the center post, she liked it a lot.

#17493 7 years ago

She played 2 balls on a premium without a center post and walked away mid game, as both balls immediately drained, she thought it was broken.
When at the NYNY arcade she put $20 in the game there, as it had a center post.
She said the one she played before was missing the center post part and might have been defective.
I dont promt her or explain things like try to be a better player to her. I allow her to experiment and find games that match her ability as well as games that entice her.
My opinion is that pinball is a visceral thing, you either like the game or dont.
If you dont like it, dont put your money in it.
After the NYNY experience she is thinking we should get a GB as long as it has the center post, she liked it a lot.

Adding the plastic centerpost without drilling the pf was such a great idea. I won't use one, but I'm glad it's available for people that like it. The game is hard for sure

#17494 7 years ago

Hey Guys,

I just played a Pro today and loved it. Just deciding if I want a pro or premium... Regardless, the one thing that worried me is that "Van Horne" ball catch as I can see that taking some serious wear in the future.

Anyone seeing this yet? Does anyone know if there is a protector for this area? Didnt see on on Cliffy's website. The place also had a cliffy installed on the left drop as well, but i dont see that for sale.. Not sure what they used... I definitely want to protect these areas if I got the table...

Thanks.

#17495 7 years ago

Great product -
Just installed the PBL external volume control for Stern systems. Super easy to do (took about 10-15 min)
Only tools needed: Adjustable wrench to remove the plug and a side-cutter for the zip-ties.
Now I don't need to get the key or open the door, plus family members can adjust the volume easily.

20161112_164051 (resized).jpg20161112_164051 (resized).jpg

#17496 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Guys,
I just played a Pro today and loved it. Just deciding if I want a pro or premium... Regardless, the one thing that worried me is that "Van Horne" ball catch as I can see that taking some serious wear in the future.
Anyone seeing this yet? Does anyone know if there is a protector for this area? Didnt see on on Cliffy's website. The place also had a cliffy installed on the left drop as well, but i dont see that for sale.. Not sure what they used... I definitely want to protect these areas if I got the table...
Thanks.

My premium had protectors built into Van Horne and Librarian scoops.

#17497 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

My premium had protectors built into Van Horne and Librarian scoops.

Any chance you could post a pic of both?

#17498 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hope this helps.

20161112_213040.jpg20161112_213040.jpg

20161112_213030.jpg20161112_213030.jpg

#17499 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nice ..... did you buy NIB and it came like that?

#17500 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Nice ..... did you buy NIB and it came like that?

Yes, it came NIB just like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.