IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 360.
#15601 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It seems pinballlife is out of stock. Does anybody were to get them.

They were imported from Europe not sure if he is getting more, mod father makes one to but not sure if it works on le

#15602 7 years ago

I like the ModFather one. Old Pin Guy says his is raised higher so would that mean this mod is no longer needed?

#15603 7 years ago

anyone having airballs on the le from the main standup targets in front of the steep ramp on left? any fixes? I tried thicker foam, but not much different...

#15604 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

anyone having airballs on the le from the main standup targets in front of the steep ramp on left? any fixes? I tried thicker foam, but not much different...

Yeah, that's my main source of airballs, actually. Not much else sends the balls into the air, but those targets love to.

#15605 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

I like the ModFather one. Old Pin Guy says his is raised higher so would that mean this mod is no longer needed?

Oh, youll still get airballs and lane jumps with the raised outlane rails.

This kit from PBL does cut it down to a minimum, and I like the look of the green.
The Super bands, did seem to make it easier to catch and dead catch a ball. and if you wish to install the clear, you can add the top mounted center post. In doing this, yes, the game is easier, with SDTM bounce outs, but I find it is more fun, and when it bounces out
in multiball and is grabbed as part of the magna sling, its another cool ghostly affect!

Easy enough to remove, if needed. My only Caveat is the center post screw supplied was the incorrect size, and I had to hunt one down.

I havent tried Chucks, but I am sure he has tested it very well, and would also and help and looks to the game. Love his work, too!

Airballs are everywhere, and I think both these issues are a testament to the speed of the game.
Hit something hard enough, and it launches almost anywhere in the game.
Hit the outlanes too fast, and over it goes!

Added a nice layer of P21S Wax, and raised the back a little more as its screaming fast!

#15606 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, youll still get airballs and lane jumps with the raised outlane rails.
This kit from PBL does cut it down to a minimum, and I like the look of the green.
The Super bands, did seem to make it easier to catch and dead catch a ball. and if you wish to install the clear, you can add the top mounted center post. In doing this, yes, the game is easier, with SDTM bounce outs, but I find it is more fun, and when it bounces out
in multiball and is grabbed as part of the magna sling, its another cool ghostly affect!
Easy enough to remove, if needed. My only Caveat is the center post screw supplied was the incorrect size, and I had to hunt one down.
I havent tried Chucks, but I am sure he has tested it very well, and would also and help and looks to the game. Love his work, too!
Airballs are everywhere, and I think both these issues are a testament to the speed of the game.
Hit something hard enough, and it launches almost anywhere in the game.
Hit the outlanes too fast, and over it goes!
Added a nice layer of P21S Wax, and raised the back a little more as its screaming fast!

What pitch do you have it set at?

#15607 7 years ago

I put the PBL outlane kit on mine and had a ball jump OVER that! This game is nasty

#15608 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Hate to say I eye ball it....

#15609 7 years ago

I have a HUO, mint condition GB Pro, I'd consider selling if anyone is interested. No issues whatsoever, plays perfectly, ecto 1 sign mod and signed translight by John Trudeau are the only ''mods''
If interested, pm me. Can ship.
thanks, James

#15610 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Have you tried bending them forward a bit?

#15611 7 years ago

Our Ghostbusters Pro just got delivered today.
It came with 1.05 code right out of the box.
It also has the factory fix for Slimer hits. Not a pretty fix but every hit has registered so far.
Scoleri Brothers are working great and so far only two outlane bounce overs.
It has the incorrect spelling on the insert as well.
This is a location game and already has a high score of 143 Million in it's first few games.
Edit....now the high score is 1.5 Billion and the night is not over yet.
Can't wait for my Premium to make it to my house.

IMG_1999_(resized).JPGIMG_1999_(resized).JPG
IMG_2001_(resized).JPGIMG_2001_(resized).JPG
IMG_2002_(resized).JPGIMG_2002_(resized).JPG

#15612 7 years ago

This arrived via UPS today. Now just waiting on the word from the distributor on my Premium.

20160718_163538_(resized).jpg20160718_163538_(resized).jpg

#15613 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pinball Life for the Outlanes, and the Mirror, Flipper toppers, and more from Laseriffic.
The You have been slimed mode, is an all Green mode, that catches you by surprise, strictly in the light show....very cool!

With the PBL site back up today I've been looking over GB parts but can't find the slime green outlanes. Do you happen to have a link for 'em?

#15614 7 years ago

The link doesnt work....I suppose its pulled rather then answering emails maybe, about when its back in stock.
Perhaps an answer will come from someone asking PBL.

#15615 7 years ago

I got an email from Terry today saying he will be back Wed. and will let me know if it is a stock issue or what...I'll keep ya'll posted..

#15616 7 years ago

Only mod so far is t molding, but boy do I have some plans for this one in the works!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15617 7 years ago

And yes it's in the edge of my dining room as I'm having work done in my game room but couldn't wait...lol

#15618 7 years ago

Mirror blades is a great addition. GONGRATS!

#15619 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Only mod so far is t molding, but boy do I have some plans for this one in the works!

How much T-molding did it take?

#15620 7 years ago

not sure as I had it here from a few years back when I was going to restore a Centipede arcade...I'll measure the old ones in a bit though

#15621 7 years ago

12' will do both sides...its about 71" per side

#15622 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

That looks awesome!

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

not sure as I had it here from a few years back when I was going to restore a Centipede arcade...I'll measure the old ones in a bit though

Please do...considering it's your fault that I NOW have to T-mold my LE!!!

#15623 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

12' will do both sides...its about 71" per side

Great. Thanks for the info!

#15624 7 years ago

lol........easiest mod ever...10 minutes max! Make sure and cut the corners out (match them up on the black that you pull off)

#15625 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

This arrived via UPS today. Now just waiting on the word from the distributor on my Premium.

Im gonna wait for my game before I buy any mods

#15626 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Is the t-molding 1/2", 5/8" or 3/4" ? I see they have all 3 sizes of bright green at https://www.t-molding.com

#15627 7 years ago

3/4"

#15628 7 years ago

its the bright green (galaxian)

#15629 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Looks great! Had to order, thanks for info!

#15630 7 years ago

Thanks ulmpharmd, I just ordered some for the LE I have on order. Looks great.

#15631 7 years ago

You got it guys!

#15632 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I have my Pro set at 7.1.

#15633 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey your bb looks like mine now....but mines a bit brighter...but I can dim it down and change colors too.

IMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPG

#15634 7 years ago

I posted the following in a different GB thread; and was hoping for some suggestions:
I played a few games on my GBLE this evening and noticed that my Ecto Goggles didn't seem to be functioning properly. I finished my game, turned it off and re-started it.
When the game turned on, the screen read: 'Updating Node Board Runtime' (underneath it shows the numbers 1 8 9). Next screen indicated: 'Update Failed'. Please power cycle game. (Not sure what that means). At the same time, my Ecto Goggles flickered during this error message. During gameplay, the ghosts come on intermittently and no longer dissolve.

After all of this happened, I thought I would try a factory reset. Well, that seemed to be a mistake as after the reset, the game became glitchy: the subway ramp no longer locked balls, Slimer became finnicky and the trough didn't seem to be reading balls properly.
Aside from a possible Ecgo Goggles issue, is it possible the software has now been compromised.
This is all so disheartening after a few amazing weeks of owning this game.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

#15635 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I posted the following in a different GB thread; and was hoping for some suggestions:
I played a few games on my GBLE this evening and noticed that my Ecto Goggles didn't seem to be functioning properly. I finished my game, turned it off and re-started it.
When the game turned on, the screen read: 'Updating Node Board Runtime' (underneath it shows the numbers 1 8 9). Next screen indicated: 'Update Failed'. Please power cycle game. (Not sure what that means). At the same time, my Ecto Goggles flickered during this error message. During gameplay, the ghosts come on intermittently and no longer dissolve.
After all of this happened, I thought I would try a factory reset. Well, that seemed to be a mistake as after the reset, the game became glitchy: the subway ramp no longer locked balls, Slimer became finnicky and the trough didn't seem to be reading balls properly.
Aside from a possible Ecgo Goggles issue, is it possible the software has now been compromised.

Was the coin door closed while it was updating the node(s)? It won't update right with the coin door open.

#15636 7 years ago

Vireland, I believe the coin door was closed when updating. It seems like the code has been compromised- I will call Stern today to discuss.

#15637 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Vireland, I believe the coin door was closed when updating. It seems like the code has been compromised- I will call Stern today to discuss.

I gotta tell you sounds like opto board issues to me, code just doent become "compromised" where intermittent things dont work.Let us know what you find out.

#15638 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was the coin door closed while it was updating the node(s)? It won't update right with the coin door open.

There isn't even a switch on the coin door. Open vs closed means nothing on GB.

#15639 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

There isn't even a switch on the coin door. Open vs closed means nothing on GB.

There must be a switch somewhere, because the backglass lights dim when the coin door is open.

#15640 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There must be a switch somewhere, because the backglass lights dim when the coin door is open.

i think it dimms when you enter the Service menue !!

#15641 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i think it dimms when you enter the Service menue !!

#15642 7 years ago

on the GB there's not switch on the door , it's when you go in the Service Menu what the led dimms

#15643 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Don't you think you should call Stern tech support for an issue like this?
Posting here is OK too, but this is definitely a situation to call Stern directly.

#15644 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

on the GB there's not switch on the door , it's when you go in the Service Menu whath the led dimms

Gotcha.

#15645 7 years ago

they saved the 1$ Switch and increased the Price of the machine at 200$ well done.

#15646 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

they saved the 1$ Switch and increased the Price of the machine at 200$ well done.

What an stupid post.

There are not so high voltage like before spike.
so you dont must have the switch.

One guy had written this some weeks before in the flippermarkt forum

#15647 7 years ago
Quoted from lash:

There are not so high voltage like before spike.
so you dont must have the switch.

I know, with 50V I was super scared to do anything. But now with 48V I am licking contacts to see if they have power.

RIP coin door ball save setting. You will be missed.

#15648 7 years ago

I spoke with Stern; and it looks like I have to replace Node Board 8. Both Stern and my local Distributor were very quick to respond.
Hopefully, this will do the trick.
Thanks for the feedback.

#15649 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I spoke with Stern; and it looks like I have to replace Node Board 8. Both Stern and my local Distributor were very quick to respond.
Hopefully, this will do the trick.
Thanks for the feedback.

So I guess Stern will be sending you the board? Is this a pretty easy fix? Also you might want to put this in the GB issue thread for future reference.

#15650 7 years ago

Not sure if this was posted yet. Stern facebook page showing factory floor. Mostly MET, and ST, but some GE LE. Looks like it posted on Friday
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10154319824944244/?type=2&theater

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.