IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 360.
#17201 7 years ago

It really surprises me that in 2016, plywood is the still the best the industry can do for a playfield material. There have to be better options that would be more impact resistant.

#17202 7 years ago

I would of hoped so by now there would of been. My ghostbuster premium said it was created September 19, 2016 the craters are noticeable when back light reflects on playfield I'll post a picture in a couple of hours so you guys could be the judge of it until than I won't be playing it much till I try all these great suggestions. If that don't work I'll have to see if there is a potictive air ball peice I can buy for gb premium

#17203 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I'll check the leveler to see if it's put in correctly and see if If I raise the rubbers on the flippers up will help to stop the air balls it really bummed me out to see huge craters on the playfijed after only having played for two nights. I appreciate all the help every one

Welcome to Pinside. Are you new to pinball, is this your first game? That cut doesn't sound good, can you post a good picture or 2 of it?

#17204 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That library looks so much better. How much did ya pay for it?

The LE Library building was $ 69.00 plus shipping, from Marco. Currently out of stock.

#17205 7 years ago

Hey thank you this is my fist new pinball i own but I started with two older EM pinballs about 4 years ago. I stared with arcade coin op fist, that's what led me into pinball witch I really enjoy more the last few years. I be sure to take pictures of the slice in my cabinet front end in next 2 hours it really surprised me to see that there now way I could of cut it cause there was that cushion foam protecting those corners and I recorded it when I open it with two phones to rewatch to be sure Do you know if that's some thing stern covers or is that a bite the bullet situation lol

#17206 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I'll check the leveler to see if it's put in correctly and see if If I raise the rubbers on the flippers up will help to stop the air balls it really bummed me out to see huge craters on the playfijed after only having played for two nights. I appreciate all the help every one

The first craters are always the toughest on a new pin, they'll be less noticeable over time and with more dimples/craters. Ghostbusters is especially cringe worthy playing without an airball plastic watching the ball smash all over the place. I've gone through what you are experiencing tried all sort of things to stop the air balls including raising game to 7.2 degrees, raising flippers, adding foam to stand up targets. In the end, I got the air ball plastic and moved coil power to soft, after that everything else got set back to factory position and air balls are a non issue.

Check the market ads, but OLDPINGUY and one other are selling these air ball plastics

#17207 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It really surprises me that in 2016, plywood is the still the best the industry can do for a playfield material. There have to be better options that would be more impact resistant.

I know bowling lanes are made out of synthetics. They can have a 16 lb ball bounced on them and never dent. And the
material is very heavy.

#17208 7 years ago

Howdy Folks! This is my second week of owning a new Ghostbusters Le. I have most of the games problems fixed, airballs and one other are still present. I won't address airballs here because I am buying a protector, the main problem with my machine is that most of the time I get the ball stuck in an endless loop in the pop bumper area around "Gozer the Gozerian". This problem spells out worn playfield and pop bumper rebuild in <2 weeks. Essentially the ball will go between the slingshot, the second pop bumper, the target, and back again for up to 45 MINUTES!! Yes that says minutes. For a plus it gives me time to go to the bathroom and answer emails for a minus it ruins the fun really fast. I wasn't sure of the upload limitations so I filmed a 15 second version and put it on youtube. I should add that I set coil power on Soft and slingshot down to 18 also leveled the machine many times without success. It's running 1.5 software. Any ideas would be appreciated, for now I have disconnected one of the pop bumpers but really I don't like that solution a whole lot... Here's a link:

#17209 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

Howdy Folks! This is my second week of owning a new Ghostbusters Le. I have most of the games problems fixed, airballs and one other are still present. I won't address airballs here because I am buying a protector, the main problem with my machine is that most of the time I get the ball stuck in an endless loop in the pop bumper area around "Gozer the Gozerian". This problem spells out worn playfield and pop bumper rebuild in <2 weeks. Essentially the ball will go between the slingshot, the second pop bumper, the target, and back again for up to 45 MINUTES!! Yes that says minutes. For a plus it gives me time to go to the bathroom and answer emails for a minus it ruins the fun really fast. I wasn't sure of the upload limitations so I filmed a 15 second version and put it on youtube. I should add that I set coil power on Soft and slingshot down to 18 also leveled the machine many times without success. It's running 1.5 software. Any ideas would be appreciated, for now I have disconnected one of the pop bumpers but really I don't like that solution a whole lot... Here's a link: » YouTube video

Have you tried opening up the contacts on the pop bumpers to make them less sensitive?

#17210 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

Howdy Folks! This is my second week of owning a new Ghostbusters Le. I have most of the games problems fixed, airballs and one other are still present. I won't address airballs here because I am buying a protector, the main problem with my machine is that most of the time I get the ball stuck in an endless loop in the pop bumper area around "Gozer the Gozerian". This problem spells out worn playfield and pop bumper rebuild in <2 weeks. Essentially the ball will go between the slingshot, the second pop bumper, the target, and back again for up to 45 MINUTES!! Yes that says minutes. For a plus it gives me time to go to the bathroom and answer emails for a minus it ruins the fun really fast. I wasn't sure of the upload limitations so I filmed a 15 second version and put it on youtube. I should add that I set coil power on Soft and slingshot down to 18 also leveled the machine many times without success. It's running 1.5 software. Any ideas would be appreciated, for now I have disconnected one of the pop bumpers but really I don't like that solution a whole lot... Here's a link:

I'm having this problem too, but not for 45min! Holy crap. I usualy just nudge the machine to break it loose. However, I would be interested in a fix if someone has one. I wondered if increasing the pitch of the playfield would help? I think mine is around 6.6, but I think a lot of people have said theirs are around 7. I might try "Concretehardt's" suggestion and open the contacts slightly for now...

#17211 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

Howdy Folks! This is my second week of owning a new Ghostbusters Le. I have most of the games problems fixed, airballs and one other are still present. I won't address airballs here because I am buying a protector, the main problem with my machine is that most of the time I get the ball stuck in an endless loop in the pop bumper area around "Gozer the Gozerian". This problem spells out worn playfield and pop bumper rebuild in <2 weeks. Essentially the ball will go between the slingshot, the second pop bumper, the target, and back again for up to 45 MINUTES!! Yes that says minutes. For a plus it gives me time to go to the bathroom and answer emails for a minus it ruins the fun really fast. I wasn't sure of the upload limitations so I filmed a 15 second version and put it on youtube. I should add that I set coil power on Soft and slingshot down to 18 also leveled the machine many times without success. It's running 1.5 software. Any ideas would be appreciated, for now I have disconnected one of the pop bumpers but really I don't like that solution a whole lot... Here's a link: » YouTube video

When we.first got the pro here the ball would spend some extra time in the pops but after 100 games or so it calmed down , but man I never saw it do that or for that long .
Hopefully that will work itself out.

#17212 7 years ago

Think we will see a code update for the game running at Expo? Its been a long time since GB has seen a code update.

#17213 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

The only short answers I can think of are to remove the 3 screws holding the city.
Change the rubber on top, going both a hair "looser" or "tighter", and and some wax in the area.
With the city off, see if either of these 2 minor adjustments make a difference, then move to changing the gap in the Pops. There are also 2 single posts with rubbers there, also try tighter and looser rubbers up there.
A subtle change, can result in a bounce change.

When I changed mine to GITD, bounces in the Pops changed, as all the replacements, were "tighter" than\black stock.

#17214 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

Holy crap! Mine did that too but not nearly that long.

1) Shoot ball into pops
2) Walk away, have dinner
3) Enter Grand Champion Score

#17215 7 years ago

just reached 189M at ESP (and "missed" 214)
from what i remember here, nobody has gone that high !?

#17216 7 years ago

I'm opening the pops as we speak, I thought I was alone on this one. As much as it relieves me to see i'm not, it bums me out that other people are having to suffer through this. Ideally id like to see a code change whereas if the pop bumpers log more than X hits the power is dropped to the bumpers for 2 seconds but without tracing the wires im not sure if they could really even do it. I will let you all know after the contact change. Thanks Again!

#17217 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

I'm opening the pops as we speak, I thought I was alone on this one. As much as it relieves me to see i'm not, it bums me out that other people are having to suffer through this. Ideally id like to see a code change whereas if the pop bumpers log more than X hits the power is dropped to the bumpers for 2 seconds but without tracing the wires im not sure if they could really even do it. I will let you all know after the contact change. Thanks Again!

They could make the pops stop firing after a completion of the slot machine sequence until another switch or two is hit on the playfield.

#17218 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I think mine is around 6.6, but I think a lot of people have said theirs are around 7. I might try "Concretehardt's" suggestion and open the contacts slightly for now...

My game is at 7 degrees and I never have a problem with the ball in the pop bumpers. In fact I need to check mine because they seem a bit lethargic lately.

Rob

#17219 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My game is at 7 degrees and I never have a problem with the ball in the pop bumpers.

I'm going to give tah a try, Thanks!

#17220 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I'm going to give tah a try, Thanks!

Same here, I increased the pitch about a quarter of a degree, and I haven't seen the ball stuck there since. still get a few seconds of bashing, but not minutes. Of course, I never had anything like you are describing. Mine would pop up there a minute or two, and that seemed like an eternity. Also, make sure you are level from side to side.

#17221 7 years ago

My GBLE would constantly have issues staying in the pops forever.. it really is a poor design up there.

Here's what I did to remedy the situation:

1) Coil strength must be set to normal and NOT low
2) Bend the Gozer target forward... not a little, but a LOT

#17222 7 years ago

Still waiting on my premium, so this will have to do for now...

20160929_103705 (resized).jpg20160929_103705 (resized).jpg

#17223 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My game is at 7 degrees and I never have a problem with the ball in the pop bumpers.

Same here.

#17224 7 years ago

Maybe Dwight should add something to the next update, where if the Pop Bumpers are engaged for 1 minute of solid activity, they go dead for a few seconds. This would let the ball drain out of the Pops.

#17225 7 years ago

Not a bad idea, but a minute would be like forever

#17226 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Maybe Dwight should add something to the next update, where if the Pop Bumpers are engaged for 1 minute of solid activity, they go dead for a few seconds. This would let the ball drain out of the Pops.

I agree this would be a good software fail-safe to prevent burnt-up coils on location! I've seen players on location watch a badly behaved game fire a coil repeatedly with amusement, not ever thinking to turn the game off - in fact most casuals that have never owned a game probably don't know where the power button is! And in fact I think Doctor Who does exactly that in software, but not after a minute - more like 10-15 seconds of constant pop activity on one of the pops...

#17227 7 years ago

My game is set to 7 degrees and I don't have an issue with it staying in the pops either.

#17228 7 years ago

I adjusted mine to 7 last night. It seams to be better, but still needs a nudge every once in a while. I'll probably order up some different rings and try a couple configurations. But for now it work.

#17229 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Still waiting on my premium, so this will have to do for now...

I own one of those myself. HUGE Ghostbusters fan here! I do have to say though...that green t-molding is breaking my heart. Haha. But maybe it looks better in person? I was a hater on the green LE's but now I have one and I love the green!

#17230 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice to all! I adjusted the sensitivity by opening just the first Pop Bumper, and then I bent the target forward just a bit, all seems copacetic, I waited a day of heavy play before posting. Imagine if you were an engineer and you were tasked with building a pop bumper system to keep the ball in play for 45 minutes, assuming you weren't allowed to use rails or containment boxes, it would be a challenge. These guys pulled it off without trying, I guess that says something!! To make reference, when I was a child I had a video game called Videobrain Pinball. The pinball game had a bug where the on screen ball would get stuck inbetween the pop bumpers and it would loop just like ghostbusters does (or did). It was sort of Deja-vu for me. Cheers and best to all -- Dan

#17231 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I own one of those myself. HUGE Ghostbusters fan here! I do have to say though...that green t-molding is breaking my heart. Haha. But maybe it looks better in person? I was a hater on the green LE's but now I have one and I love the green!

The black T moulding was in pretty bad shape so I gave the green a shot. I also added the tacky rgb led light strip under the control panel. I wish I was more artistic I'd love to redo the complete art package on this machine. New Marque,cpo,side art and bezel. But for now it looks OK lol

#17232 7 years ago

Just got my Ghostbusters pinball and the other day owned it for about three nights as anybody else got a see Ghostbusters pinball like this? Will stern pinball will cover this ???

IMG_2225 (resized).JPGIMG_2225 (resized).JPG

IMG_2226 (resized).JPGIMG_2226 (resized).JPG

IMG_2227 (resized).JPGIMG_2227 (resized).JPG

IMG_2228 (resized).JPGIMG_2228 (resized).JPG

IMG_2229 (resized).JPGIMG_2229 (resized).JPG

#17233 7 years ago

Wow! I'd definitely call your distributer.

#17234 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

Just got my Ghostbusters pinball and the other day owned it for about three nights as anybody else got a see Ghostbusters pinball like this? Will stern pinball will cover this ???

Wow it looks like that game may have been dropped during shipping? I wish Stern would do what DP did and use the little goodies that tell you if the game has been tipped over or dropped during shipping.

#17235 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

That's too bad, and should not have shipped like that. You could ask Stern to send you the black side armor which would cover it and look good to boot! See post 596 at this thread for how awesome those look. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/12

#17236 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow it looks like that game may have been dropped during shipping? I wish Stern would do what DP did and use the little goodies that tell you if the game has been tipped over or dropped during shipping.

Yes that cab seam is split, that's why the decal is split. Def. contact the dist.

#17237 7 years ago

Hey thanks guys for feed back that's what I though when I seen it it looks like the wood spit the overlay I call stern headquarters and spoke to Chas he said to send him some pic of the problem and would send replacement but it's only been a day so still waiting for his reply hope they don't put me off I'll try again in a couple of days

#17238 7 years ago

Bummer, but they'll take care of you. I'm not sure why it would split there if dropped because the front of the machine is pointing up on the pallet. Seems like it would split at the bottom. Best of luck in getting resolved.

#17239 7 years ago
Quoted from Ebi101:

I call stern headquarters and spoke to Chas he said to send him some pic of the problem and would send replacement

A replacement game? You better get that not just a decal!

#17240 7 years ago

Thanks guys for the input I'll keep you inform on what the outcome will be

#17241 7 years ago

Yeah even just replacing the decal will be a PIA as the front has to come off too... unless just the side of it can be lifted and then stuck back down again.

Not sure I love this overlapping decal thing as you can so clearly see the bulge of the side decals under the front piece... hmm

Hopefully you'll get a new machine as is probably got some structural damage... or may develop some in the future from nudging and it's own weight actually.

#17242 7 years ago

$20 under cab lighting mod from Lowes. Can also be found at Home Depot or Spirit Halloween Stores.

UC Box (resized).jpgUC Box (resized).jpg

#17243 7 years ago

UC2 (resized).jpgUC2 (resized).jpg

#17244 7 years ago

UC On (resized).jpgUC On (resized).jpg

#17245 7 years ago

UC Light (resized).jpgUC Light (resized).jpg

#17246 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

$20 under cab lighting mod from Lowes. Can also be found at Home Depot or Spirit Halloween Stores.

Ha great minds think alike-I did the same thing except with ghost projector...

Ghost projector.pngGhost projector.png

#17247 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Should make it like gottliebs gladiators, hold both flipper buttons and you can disable the pops.

#17248 7 years ago

Bad vid but you get the idea:

#17249 7 years ago

Does stern still make game manuals for new games? Can't find one for Metallica or GB

#17250 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does stern still make game manuals for new games? Can't find one for Metallica or GB

an incredibly bad copy/paste crap manual for Metallica. The photocopy thing they include with the game is very small.. but there is a longer PDF on the website. But it's a trainwreck of inaccuracies, incomplete, and mashup of the different editions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.