• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 360.
#14801 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Is that the one with portholes???

I don't get that. Not a fan of holes for no reason. Like the Buicks.
Hopefully the new ones do away with that next year. But either way if Armageddon happens that would be the vehicle to grab if all the hummers were gone

#14802 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I didn't get a notice. What year/s?

I didn't get a notice either. Told me when scheduled a oil change last week. 2014.

#14803 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

So i take it the distributors or stern just sends you the product with instructions. If you lived near your distributor would they then fix it?

I have a Stern Tech.guy comes from Sac.to work on pins.He will do any warranty work ,and charge Stern,as he is good friends with Gary! There maybe a tech in your area too!!

#14804 3 years ago

This is very interesting- Stern posted a documentary about their business today, and there is a scene where it quickly shows two Slimer mechanisms being play tested on a whiteboard type of setup.

You will notice one mechanism resembles the one shipping on newer Pro's and also the LE's - and the other one (right of picture) is the one that has hit registering issues.

I am wondering if Stern had a bunch of the bad ones made and didn't want to junk them, along with playfields with typos, in order to save a few bucks. I don't understand why there was play testing of two separate mechanisms, and they shipped with one version for a few weeks then switched to the other, especially when most people were saying the original one doesn't register shots properly unless rigging them up with washers and other tricks.

Could it be that the initial shipments of Pro's were Prototype machines Stern sold that really were not the final design? I hope not..

Newer / better working design on Left side, older/original "tempermental" design on right that initially shipped on Pros:

2016-06-20_1054.png

#14806 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is very interesting- Stern posted a documentary about their business today, and there is a scene where it quickly shows two Slimer mechanisms being play tested on a whiteboard type of setup.
You will notice one mechanism resembles the one shipping on newer Pro's and also the LE's - and the other one (right of picture) is the one that has hit registering issues.
I am wondering if Stern had a bunch of the bad ones made and didn't want to junk them, along with playfields with typos, in order to save a few bucks. I don't understand why there was play testing of two separate mechanisms, and they shipped with one version for a few weeks then switched to the other, especially when most people were saying the original one doesn't register shots properly unless rigging them up with washers and other tricks.
Could it be that the initial shipments of Pro's were Prototype machines Stern sold that really were not the final design? I hope not..
Newer / better working design on Left side, older/original "tempermental" design on right that initially shipped on Pros:

They may have tested both old and new at the same time in the same set-up to do a direct one-on-one comparison and verify the new one worked better.

#14807 3 years ago

Well, it's been 7-10 days since the last time we heard 7-10 days which was from the last time that we had heard 7-10 days for the LEs to ship. So I'm guessing we're 7-10 days out, right?

#14808 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, it's been 7-10 days since the last time we heard 7-10 days which was from the last time that we had heard 7-10 days for the LEs to ship. So I'm guessing we're 7-10 days out, right?

Any 7-10 days now.

#14809 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have a Stern Tech.guy comes from Sac

How crazy, I came from a sac too. I think pretty much everyone was swimming around in one at some point.

#14810 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Any 7-10 days now.

I'm headed over to the 7-11, anyone need anything?

#14811 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm headed over to the 7-11, anyone need anything?

Do they sell patience over the counter there? I could use some.

#14812 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm anxiously awaiting a premium, but would much rather wait and get one without the ghosting, bent and jumping rails, wonky slimer, dead magna slings, "sticky" subway ramp, bricking drop targets, and plunged balls hitting stay puft if they can get all that worked out! Am I missing anything? Maybe we'll also get a code update when they finally ship.

#14813 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I'm anxiously awaiting a premium, but would much rather wait and get one without the ghosting, bent and jumping rails, wonky slimer, dead magna slings, "sticky" subway ramp, bricking drop targets, and plunged balls hitting stay puft if they can get all that worked out! Am I missing anything? Maybe we'll also get a code update when they finally ship.

Whats up with the 'sticky' subway ramp? First I've heard of that..

#14814 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

And here we thought you knew everything....or at least you think you do!

#14815 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The LE at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo had issues with the ball staying under the playfield on left ramp shots.

On the other hand, the premium at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown had zero issues with the Slimer, no problems with the ball jumping guides, no issues on the plunge, reliable drop targets, lively magna slings, and no ghosted inserts. If my LE is as that premium was, I'll be ecstatic.

The LE at SFGE was a rush job. That's been discussed.

#14816 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

And here we thought you knew everything....or at least you think you do!

Who took a dump in your Cocoa Puffs this morning?

#14817 3 years ago

I see you cant take a joke, i figured you were a little bitch but you already knew that right....

#14818 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If you were testing a new design to be an improvement.. you'd want to test it's effectiveness relative to your baseline (previous design). Doing it against your old design not only tells you success rate, but tells you improvement as well.

The guys making this video did it pretty recently. In one of Stern's facebook posts you saw them being interviewed by these guys I'm pretty sure.

#14819 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I see you cant take a joke, i figured you were a little bitch but you already knew that right....

Hmm. I have never been referred to or called a 'little bitch' before, but if calling my online presence that makes you feel better - then have at it. Hope you feel better.

#14820 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you were testing a new design to be an improvement.. you'd want to test it's effectiveness relative to your baseline (previous design). Doing it against your old design not only tells you success rate, but tells you improvement as well.
The guys making this video did it pretty recently. In one of Stern's facebook posts you saw them being interviewed by these guys I'm pretty sure.

Good point!

#14821 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Do they sell patience over the counter there? I could use some.

If they did, it would sell like hotcakes on this site, because I think 87% of this site doesn't have any.

#14822 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Swore I heard the slings were supposed act like normal slings plus be able to hold the ball & pass it back/forth to play keep away

Well it sure did a great job removing focus from the core functionality.

#14823 3 years ago

Here's what I said about the magna slings in another thread. This was based on the premium model at RMPS, which was set up well and played perfectly.

The magna slings are still something I'm forming my opinion on. On one hand, I love that they're different, but honestly, 70% of the time they're like normal slings with less kick. 5% of the time they do something really cool, like making the ball move in a circle or in a loop to the inlane. 5% of the time they screw you by pulsing just enough to center the ball over the drain and let it fall. The other 20% of the time, they don't even fire and you get a dead bounce. I'm sure switch adjusting can alter all that stuff if you make them more sensitive. I don't know, I'm glad they're in the game, but they're not anything revolutionary or disastrous. I wouldn't base a purchase on them.

#14824 3 years ago

Loved talking with John Trudeau at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. Here are some of the highlights

#14825 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I'm anxiously awaiting a premium, but would much rather wait and get one without the ghosting, bent and jumping rails, wonky slimer, dead magna slings, "sticky" subway ramp, bricking drop targets, and plunged balls hitting stay puft if they can get all that worked out!

I have a Pro and am not getting any of that.

#14826 3 years ago

The video everyone saw about 3-4 weeks ago showed many many LE's on the line. Do people really think Stern is redoing anything / fixing an issue? I think people's expectations are just that. But wouldn't it cost them a fortune to replace something like a playfield on hundreds of games that were already built? And wouldn't all the PRO buyers to date demand the same fix? Does anyone know for sure what's going on?

#14827 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a Pro and am not getting any of that.

Excellent. Scratch what I wrote before. Just get the damn thing here already! ?

#14828 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Excellent. Scratch what I wrote before. Just get the damn thing here already! ?

Well others mileage may veri but after a few hundred plays the table calms down, it's like when you wax a pf you know how it plays.

#14829 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

The video everyone saw about 3-4 weeks ago showed many many LE's on the line. Do people really think Stern is redoing anything / fixing an issue? I think people's expectations are just that. But wouldn't it cost them a fortune to replace something like a playfield on hundreds of games that were already built? And wouldn't all the PRO buyers to date demand the same fix? Does anyone know for sure what's going on?

All of the games in videos that were released, were export versions with the single coin slot. Trust me, I looked with a microscope to try and find US example. Closest I cold come was in the last video where they showed several cabinets, but none had playfield in them.

#14830 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

All of the games in videos that were released, were export versions with the single coin slot. Trust me, I looked with a microscope to try and find US example. Closest I cold come was in the last video where they showed several cabinets, but none had playfield in them.

Do you think Stern would send "problematic" games overseas but fix the issues with North America builds? I can't see them doing that. This seems like a nightmare situation for them. Stern's future reputation hinges on Ghostbuster being received well. Hope it gets worked out.

#14831 3 years ago

Do you think Stern would send "problematic" games overseas but fix the issues with North America builds? I can't see them doing that. This seems like a nightmare situation for them. Stern's future reputation hinges on Ghostbuster being received well. Hope it gets worked out.

If they did I'm sure it was not deliberate simply a matter of international werected made first then they caught the mistake later assuming there is a actual problem.

#14832 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If they did I'm sure it was not deliberate simply a matter of international werected made first then they caught the mistake later assuming there is a actual problem.

Absolutely, I don't think they would ever deliberately ship a game with issues. This is such a hard issue to tackle. It doesn't effect game play. Doesn't effect every game. But collectors are collectors and a meticulous playfield is what they demand opening a NIB game. I think we'll find out soon enough what the issue is and if there is any fix coming.

#14833 3 years ago

Do you think Stern would send "problematic" games overseas but fix the issues with North America builds?

Yes, if they found the issue after the overseas units had shipped.

#14834 3 years ago

Just like any other situation, communication is king. I wish Stern would tell us whats going on.

I don't know of a single person with an LE on order that would blame them for taking a couple weeks or months to correct a major issue (like ghosting inserts) before shipping these out.... they just need to tell us whats going on....

#14835 3 years ago

Pinball is fun - especially Ghostbusters pinball.

#14836 3 years ago

Heres a ghostbusters game to add next to your ghostbusters game.

ebay.com link » Ghost Hunter Bromley Arcade Redemption No Reserve

#14837 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Just like any other situation, communication is king. I wish Stern would tell us whats going on.
I don't know of a single person with an LE on order that would blame them for taking a couple weeks or months to correct a major issue (like ghosting inserts) before shipping these out.... they just need to tell us whats going on....

Communication. We've asked and pleaded for this from Stern, other makers and even modders. It's usually severely lacking from all three and it's very frustrating to customers.

#14838 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a ghostbusters game to add next to your ghostbusters game.
ebay.com link » Ghost Hunter Bromley Arcade Redemption No Reserve

That looks pretty cool.

#14839 3 years ago

Hey guys!

When I got the "topper" I put together a quick video showing it off uninstalled. Today I just received the "art blades" and "black armor." So, I shot another short video unboxing them (sadly, also uninstalled as I am waiting on a Premium model).
Hopefully this will help if you're on the fence about picking up any of these mods.

Thanks!
Chris Bucci

#14840 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Communication. We've asked and pleaded for this from Stern, other makers and even modders. It's usually severely lacking from all three and it's very frustrating to customers.

There's plenty of communication. Just ask the person handling their Facebook page. He'll reply right away with either a sarcastic (borderline rude) remark or "stay tuned...".

Oh...maybe you were referring to meaningful communication. Yes, that does seem to be lacking.

#14841 3 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys!
When I got the "topper" I put together a quick video showing it off uninstalled. Today I just received the "art blades" and "black armor." So, I shot another short video unboxing them (sadly, also uninstalled as I am waiting on a Premium model).
Hopefully this will help if you're on the fence about picking up any of these mods.
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris Bucci

I can't seem to find the topper vid....is it unlisted?

#14842 3 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

There's plenty of communication. Just ask the person handling their Facebook page. He'll reply right away with either a sarcastic (borderline rude) remark or "stay tuned...".
Oh...maybe you were referring to meaningful communication. Yes, that does seem to be lacking.

Every distributor seems to have different answers too.

Stern needs a distributor login portal on their site. Official distributors get a login and can access it to see the latest updates from Stern. Each morning Stern updates the status of what's shipping and what's scheduled to run on the line. I know that each distributor has different levels of priority from Stern, but at least it would give them something to estimate from. Right now they just get told, "soon" no matter what they ask.

#14843 3 years ago

I doubt Stern has said anything to any of its distributors regarding GB delays. Also, since there was no "release date" there really is no delay. It sounds like people were asked to pay for their LE's and that usually means about a 2-3 week wait for the pin. That was 2-3 weeks ago so people are speculating. Who knows I doubt Stern will say something. They will just ship when they are ready.

#14844 3 years ago

Slimer just chillin like

image_(resized).jpeg

#14845 3 years ago

GB is the best new stern pin I've played in at least 10 years.

#14846 3 years ago

Curious, has anyone in on a Premium / LE canceled due to the delay / insert issue?

#14847 3 years ago

Curious, has anyone in on a Premium / LE canceled due to the delay / insert issue?

Nope

#14848 3 years ago

It sounds like the Australia games will be arriving first. What was the quote? Two more weeks on the boat?

#14849 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It sounds like the Australia games will be arriving first. What was the quote? Two more weeks on the boat?

About that, but think New Zealand will get first as boat stops there before Aust

#14850 3 years ago

I doubt Stern has said anything to any of its distributors regarding GB delays. Also, since there was no "release date" there really is no delay. It sounds like people were asked to pay for their LE's and that usually means about a 2-3 week wait for the pin. That was 2-3 weeks ago so people are speculating. Who knows I doubt Stern will say something. They will just ship when they are ready.

There was a production run date given to the distributors a few weeks ago. That is why they all reached out and asked for payment. They have missed that by about 2 weeks so far. All they need to do is publish a one line update, and it would stop a lot of the speculation and whining. But they refuse to do so, and instead put that smart ass in charge of their Facebook page, just to dig on folks a bit deeper. Vid was correct when he said they have no one with public relation skills.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
4,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Columbia, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kutztown, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside