• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 360.
#17501 2 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Yes, it came NIB just like that.

Yes very helpful. Thanks for the pics. That is great that Stern is adding those to their games...

#17502 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes very helpful. Thanks for the pics. That is great that Stern is adding those to their games...

Came with mine as well

#17503 2 years ago

Do the protectors come on the pro also

#17504 2 years ago

Only the scoop on the pro.

20161108_134352 (resized).jpg

#17505 2 years ago

yep, as the right one is not really "a scoop", not easy to have a protector there...

#17506 2 years ago

Thats what worries me about the pro. I feel like that area is going to wear quickly...

#17507 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats what worries me about the pro. I feel like that area is going to wear quickly...

No more than the similar hole on LOTR - and that has proven to be fine

#17508 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It's not a typical saucer like some other games. The ball goes further back and then rolls forward. No issues whatsoever on my pro yet with the saucer.

Rob

#17509 2 years ago

That is good to hear, thanks.

#17510 2 years ago

Really beginning to understand how to score big on this machine. First time to score over a billion during my first 110 games! What a blast

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#17511 2 years ago

I got a lot of stuck ball up by the van horne sign. Airballs would get trapped there because the sign keeps the ball from rolling between it. So i removed the sign, and used the top screw on the bottom hole of the sign. Raising the sign up. Both screws were not needed to keep the sign stable. now when an airball gets up there, it rolls underneath and exits. Plus I didn't like the look of that spotlight that's near there. You can't see the terror dog hurry up target with it there. So I moved it back and mounted it off one of the 4 screws from where the subway comes back up. Much better area and still lights the same areas of the playfield.

#17512 2 years ago

i have removed the 2 spots, and used/placed them under the PF to light the 2 scoops

#17513 2 years ago

I was thinking about the scoleri brothers drops and realize most are not Not that happy with them but if they were timed and there was something like mustang le where they are fun and pop up and down left to right and back that would be better

#17514 2 years ago

I got the new scoreli bro's springs from PBL. I need to put them in and see how they react.

#17515 2 years ago

I was thinking about the Scoleri brothers recently too. I wish the reward for completing them was better, or they stayed away during SFMB and weren't awarded from Tobin. For me as a mediocre player Scoleri is more frustration than fun as ball control is already difficult on the machine, so I find the risk/reward for them to be out of whack.

#17516 2 years ago

I was about to place an order for a GB but stumbled across the "issues" thread and got me concerned as it seems a lot of people have problems with bending wire guards, ghosting inserts, and clear coat chipping.

What is the consensus of this? Best to wait a few months for Stern to fix the problems? The last thing I want is for inserts to start ghosting or chipping of my clear coat...

#17517 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was about to place an order for a GB but stumbled across the "issues" thread and got me concerned as it seems a lot of people have problems with bending wire guards, ghosting inserts, and clear coat chipping.
What is the consensus of this? Best to wait a few months for Stern to fix the problems? The last thing I want is for inserts to start ghosting or chipping of my clear coat...

I believe regardless stern will make this right. I could be wrong....highly doubt it though.

#17518 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Bending wire was around the captive ball on early runs, newer ones ship with a fix in place, so wouldn't worry about that. As for clearcoat/ghosting issues, some are affected, others not. Supposedly newer runs don't have the issue, but Stern does have a replacement program it is ramping up on for people having the issue.

Any doubt or concern though, just wait. GBs will be run for at least another two years if it goes anything like Stern's other pins. Plenty of time to pick up a new one once you are 100% sure clearcoat issues are solved, or to find an HUO one where you can inspect yourself.

#17519 2 years ago

We have made a dripping Slime Mod. This mod comes in 4 different versions, Green or Pink and 1 piece or 2 piece. This mod works with all versions of Ghostbusters. We made the 2 piece mod for the LE customers that don't want the game number badge covered up, but it works on all versions as well. You can also put the 1 piece version on an LE game. These attach to your metal speaker panels using Double stick tape or magnet strip, the choice is up to you.

Also we are now offering Ghostbusters Slime Green Powder Coat. We can do your whole hardware set to be the same green as the LE. Or if you have a LE game and want the shooter housing and coin door to match we can do that too.

1 piece green speaker slime new (resized).jpg

1 piece pink speaker slime (resized).jpg

2 piece green speaker slime (resized).jpg

2 piece pink speaker slime (resized).jpg

Ghostbusters Green Coindoor shooter housing powder coat job (resized).jpg

#17520 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I was thinking about the Scoleri brothers recently too. I wish the reward for completing them was better, or they stayed away during SFMB and weren't awarded from Tobin. For me as a mediocre player Scoleri is more frustration than fun as ball control is already difficult on the machine, so I find the risk/reward for them to be out of whack.

They can be very lucrative if you have your SJ value high because they triple it. If you have a low SJ value like 2 million, then not so much. I think they each count as a ghost capture during SFMB so it's a good way to increase your ghost ladder quickly.

Rob

#17522 2 years ago

for those needing more infos on the gameplay, or just how to play it, we will try to do our best & show you...
tomorrow saturday 4PM (BRUXELLES, GMT+1), live stream from my house...

channel : https://www.twitch.tv/soireeflip

and after available on : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4Xe-cQ7J5kRgM-vZxCaZw

#17523 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

moved "coil power" to soft

Which update do you see this in? Which screen? I have not seen a setting for this in my Premium 1.05.

I have lowered the left hole ejector to 20 and the right-role ejector is still 50.
My airballs are all at the ghost target, 2X, & 3X
OldPinGuy Airball protector installed.

Yesterday I hit 3X and the ball flew up and landed in the right wire ramp. How's that for a skill-shot-

#17524 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those needing more infos on the gameplay, or just how to play it, we will try to do our best & show you...
tomorrow saturday 4PM (BRUXELLES, GMT+1), live stream from my house...
channel : https://www.twitch.tv/soireeflip
and after available on : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4Xe-cQ7J5kRgM-vZxCaZw

tanx for those who gave an eye to the live yesterday
and for the others, the video is already upped on the tube :

the "best" game of the day (4.2B including mass hysteria+marshmallow+WCWS) is the last one starting at 2h16'
of course enjoy the overall show, as we had great fun playing on GB
also dont forget to support Seb and his channel for what he's doing about our passion

#17525 2 years ago

I wonder if this is a fairly new change from Stern . I'm seeing this more & more on people's machines now.
Notice the tab over the left scoop.
It would make sense since the tab could aid in holding the led away from the scoop's metal fin.
scoop plastic e2 xtend (resized).jpg

#17526 2 years ago

Probably. My led board has plastic covering the solder pads for 5v and gnd

#17527 2 years ago

Anyone know what the point of this bracket on the sling plastics is?

IMG_0007 (resized).JPG

#17528 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Likely for the Proton Stream mod from Stern that probably won't happen at this point. Jody said on one of his recent Facebook factory tours that they would be very expensive and they would consider it if there was a lot of demand.

Trudeau has said in the past that they were removed from the original design due to cost.

#17529 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I was thinking these might be spare parts for the operator. I don't know why Stern would leave on un-needed parts in the design. (cost savings and all). The idea of taking off something (proton back) yet leaving brackets which also add cost is a little strange, unless they had plans to offer it as an accessory. But that wont happen now, so now we have to ask, "Do the newest made machines still have these extra brackets?"

#17530 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I think those are for air balls, the proton guns were to be in the black plug holes in the pf I thought.

#17531 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

probably just an assembly error. It's not on the majority of games you look at.

#17532 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Notice the tab over the left scoop.
It would make sense since the tab could aid in holding the led away from the scoop's metal fin.

Or maybe airballs could be stuck behind the scoop without it?

#17533 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

probably just an assembly error. It's not on the majority of games you look at.

it is on all the ones I've seen..... premiums at least.

#17534 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Never even noticed that but my LE (one of the first LE's here in the states) has it. Weird.

#17535 2 years ago

These are n a lot of newer sterns and they are so ball will not get stuck,I,have them in many different places on stern pins

#17536 2 years ago

Can anyone explain to me the differences of Slimer between the Pro vs. Premium? It looks like on the Premium he tucks away when not engaged and on the Pro, he just sits above the middle playfield.

Is that it?

#17537 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can anyone explain to me the differences of Slimer between the Pro vs. Premium? It looks like on the Premium he tucks away when not engaged and on the Pro, he just sits above the middle playfield.
Is that it?

Slimer mech on the premium moves to different areas, left to right, on playfield versus the mech on the pro which just moves up and down.

Sadly there are no unique roles / code to take advantage of the extra movment of the slimer mech on the premium. One would think that Slimer would move to a new area and would move again once hit, sadly that doesn't happen. Kinda seems like a waste without unique rules for the extra movement on the premium Slimer mech.

#17538 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Slimer mech on the premium moves to different areas, left to right, on playfield versus the mech on the pro which just moves up and down.
Sadly there are no unique roles / code to take advantage of the extra movment of the slimer mech on the premium. One would think that Slimer would move to a new area and would move again once hit, sadly that doesn't happen. Kinda seems like a waste without unique rules for the extra movement on the premium Slimer mech.

I have noticed he will move only over a small area and then when I hit him he goes a lot wider .

#17539 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Interesting. I played a pro a few weekends ago and I didnt think he only moved up and down.... hmmnnn.

But if thats the case, it makes my decision of getting a Pro or Premium that much harder...

Are the Premiums still having issues with Slimmer dragging on the playfield and hitting 3d artwork?

Holding out so Stern can fix all the issues ive been reading about..

#17540 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. I played a pro a few weekends ago and I didnt think he only moved up and down.... hmmnnn.
But if thats the case, it makes my decision of getting a Pro or Premium that much harder...
Are the Premiums still having issues with Slimmer dragging on the playfield and hitting 3d artwork?
Holding out so Stern can fix all the issues ive been reading about..

slimer is adjustable, technically, so if that is the "last" main issue, not sure waiting will help. Now that the pf is resolved, I'd place the order and get your gaming on!

#17541 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

slimer is adjustable, technically, so if that is the "last" main issue, not sure waiting will help. Now that the pf is resolved, I'd place the order and get your gaming on!

Yea My slimer just barley grazes the captive ball and he does not have any metal wire sticking out his bottom he is made of soft rubber total non issue now .

#17542 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

it is on all the ones I've seen..... premiums at least.

Promo shots - https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/Assets/HLD/User/19393-ghostbusters-le-pinball-machine-stern-playfield.jpg

But is seen in the later production games. Since it's a simple bracket screwed into an existing place.. it really doesn't mean much of anything. Its not 'prepping' for anything.. because it would be trivial to add with whatever was being added. So I don't know.. but I wouldn't read into it.

#17543 2 years ago

Based on the new Johns Arcade video below where he toured the Stern factory it seems that according to John Truduea the proton pack stream mod may still be in the works and he also mentioned something about the code being 70% done upon release.

Video below starts where John starts talking to John T. about Ghostbusters.

#17544 2 years ago

I just go this today, looks perfect on the game and it's probably the easiest mod I've ever put on a game, took a whole 2 seconds cuz I got a magnet one. It doesn't light up under uv light so I'll have to see about painting it. I wonder if uv lime green spray paint will work. Not my picture, my camera is to crappy but you get the idea.

slime (resized).jpg

#17545 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the new Johns Arcade video below where he toured the Stern factory it seems that according to John Truduea the proton pack stream mod may still be in the works and he also mentioned something about the code being 70% done upon release.
» YouTube video

Ya, considering most the stern aftermarket mods are sold out. I don't expect even an expensive mod to sell well, I'd buy them.

#17546 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

Anyone know how old this video is??

#17547 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone know how old this video is??

It was uploaded to YouTube yesterday (November 23, 2016).

#17548 2 years ago

OK, i've rewatched the full show, here're the hot spots :

0h09'00" : left flipper power off bug
1h19'00" : i'm scared...
1h34'15" : 4 balls locked on the same time on the right scoop (pro version)
1h37'15" : my son is ET... playing MASS HYSTERIA without crossing hands
2h01'55" : left flipper again
2h08'25" : JP skillzzz of the night
2h16'00" : best game of the night (4.2B including mass hysteria+marshmallow+WCWS)

enjoy

#17549 2 years ago

That I'm scared thing happened when I was playing freaked me out LOL

#17550 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

That I'm scared thing happened when I was playing freaked me out LOL

I've had it happen about 5 times and it still scares me it's still cool

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside