IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 360.
#15051 7 years ago

I like the Ecto Goggles but only 3 ghosts? Maybe more in a future update. Not exactly giving Pin2K a run for its money.

#15052 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I like the Ecto Goggles but only 3 ghosts? Maybe more in a future update. Not exactly giving Pin2K a run for its money.

Until now i saw 4 ghosts.

#15053 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Until now i saw 4 ghosts.

Could you pm me where you got your topper. I like it.

#15054 7 years ago

Thanks for the vids, it looks great. Really beginning to like the mag slings which I was initially worried about. Can't wait to get my Premium but was recently told that it's looking likely it won't be here til September!

#15055 7 years ago

When the Slimer moves back above the bumpers it catches on the black metal piece, cant believe they designed it like that, looks shabby

#15056 7 years ago

Thanks you very much for all the effort,I did not see your floating center post save or bounce back any center drains,can you comment on its value or if needed at all,you look to be a good player and now I am happy you received your first because I would not have been able to produce such a video.

#15057 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

4 videos guys
- 4 min with only mag slings (freaking awsome !)
- 1.3min Ecto Goggles (look cool)
- 10min gameplay (poor quality and gameplay)
- 1min just for fun ...
I don't remember who ask me if my playfield had inserts issue but, i don't have any problem with all my inserts no ghosting or anything else.
-------------
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I love those mag slings. Adding GB to a large collection is a must, just because of the slings. The rest of GB is a lot of fun, too.

#15058 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Could you pm me where you got your topper. I like it.

I did it, this one is a proto not really finished.

Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks you very much for all the effort,I did not see your floating center post save or bounce back any center drains,can you comment on its value or if needed at all,you look to be a good player and now I am happy you received your first because I would not have been able to produce such a video.

The Pinball Universe kit is simply awesome ... With the center post you can save lot of balls in one game.
-------

Some shot of mine's
Zoom in to a better quality.

DSC_1794_(resized).JPGDSC_1794_(resized).JPG
DSC_1828_(resized).JPGDSC_1828_(resized).JPG
DSC_1682_(resized).jpgDSC_1682_(resized).jpg
DSC_1797_(resized).JPGDSC_1797_(resized).JPG
DSC_1798_(resized).JPGDSC_1798_(resized).JPG
DSC_1816_(resized).JPGDSC_1816_(resized).JPG
DSC_1704_(resized).JPGDSC_1704_(resized).JPG
DSC_1688_(resized).JPGDSC_1688_(resized).JPG
DSC_1823_(resized).JPGDSC_1823_(resized).JPG
DSC_1792_(resized).JPGDSC_1792_(resized).JPG
DSC_1791_(resized).JPGDSC_1791_(resized).JPG
DSC_1682_(resized).jpgDSC_1682_(resized).jpg

DSC_1793_(resized).JPGDSC_1793_(resized).JPG

#15059 7 years ago

Looks killer, luckely someone is building a kit with a center post, that is what i am most afraid of when my LE arrives.

#15060 7 years ago

The LE is simply stunning-a masterpiece. I think I like the look of the side mirrors instead of the graphics-it really pops on GB.

#15061 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That seems overly pessimistic. If Stern is doing an average of 55 machines a day as they say, that's 1100 a month (assuming no Saturdays added to catch up). I would think, even with the shutdown for quality or whatever that stopped things for 7-10 days, they're back on LE's again, which should be done by next week, then all July and part of Aug for Premiums, then back to Pros in mid Aug, maybe earlier. This is assuming no more unexplained line stops for a week or more...

Has Stern actually begun shipping again? I was under the impression that shipments have virtually stopped completely, at least with GB.

#15062 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics! I really like the look with the mirror blades too. Tough choice between mirror and city scape blades.

#15063 7 years ago

Hey Namsan,

great videos, thank you! Did you adjust the magna slings switch or are those factory without alteration?

#15064 7 years ago
Quoted from Drain_Flippero:

Hey Namsan,
great videos, thank you! Did you adjust the magna slings switch or are those factory without alteration?

Factory settings of course.

#15065 7 years ago

I'm really sorry, when I saw your shirt my first thought was that you were a mime!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#15066 7 years ago

This looks amazing. Anyone figure out how to order the The Pinball Universe kit in english/US yet????

#15067 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

4 videos guys
- 4 min with only mag slings (freaking awsome !)
- 1.3min Ecto Goggles (look cool)
- 10min gameplay (poor quality and gameplay)
- 1min just for fun ...
I don't remember who ask me if my playfield had inserts issue but, i don't have any problem with all my inserts no ghosting or anything else.
-------------
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Looks great!! Did you make the ghost trap by the contaiment unit, or is that stock? It's awesome

#15068 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Factory settings of course.

Where did you buy the green plastics that go over the lane guides and the floating center post?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#15069 7 years ago

Those are great videos! The best yet we've seen of the Mags and Ecto Goggles close up.

#15070 7 years ago

Pinball Life on the protector set and center post, here in the US.

#15071 7 years ago

Magnaslings looked 100% better than the one I played at SFGE.

Thanks for posting the video.

#15072 7 years ago

Thank you so much Namsan for the videos and photos! Beautifully done and informative. The Magnaslings look amazing! Your video is much better than the one Stern posted on their Facebook page back in April. It really demonstrates the variety of actions and unpredictability that the slings are capable of. This is a true innovation and should add to the gameplay. And it's great news that your inserts and playfield don't have any issues.

I wasn't a fan of the LE green initially, but after watching these videos I'm now jealous of the LE owners, lol. It fits the theme very well and adds to the originality of the game.

The one thing that I don't like is that Slimer still hits the playfield as he moves from left to right, best seen on the Ecto Goggles video. That is clunky. Wished they could have designed that better.

#15073 7 years ago

Centre post? Not sure this game needs it.

We played a Pro last night in league, and GB slowed everything down. We had a few guys with games in the billions, 10+ minutes a game, with one game close to 30 minutes.

Last time it will be played in league for sure. Right up there with LotR when a decent player gets on a roll.

#15074 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Last time it will be played in league for sure. Right up there with LotR when a decent player gets on a roll.

Wow! That's interesting. All I've heard till now was the game was a drain hog.

#15075 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Centre post? Not sure this game needs it.
We played a Pro last night in league, and GB slowed everything down. We had a few guys with games in the billions, 10+ minutes a game, with one game close to 30 minutes.

#15076 7 years ago

Nice video. And I see a lot of modding already? Green DMD, Outlane plastics, ECTO-one car, Plasma backpack...

#15077 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Last time it will be played in league for sure.

Disable extra balls and open the outlanes, right?

#15078 7 years ago

Has anyone put a powerball in a ghostbusters pro? I'm tempted to give it a try, seems like it could be fun, especially during ''we came we saw'' modes.

#15079 7 years ago

I enjoyed the speed, and play with Glow balls on my Xmen and TWD, I will certainly by putting them in GB!
Im also ready to try game wide UV affects, or regional.....I hope the paint is reactive. has anyone tried?
They looked Freaky as hell on TWD, so lets try on this, and add some reactive balls too!
Maybe a couple UV Spots tied to the magna sling Flashers?

#15080 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Disable extra balls and open the outlanes, right?

No extra balls. Posts at factory.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! That's interesting. All I've heard till now was the game was a drain hog.

Of course there were some quick games. But the 1.6 billion game was a long one.

The players have been playing the pin on location for almost 2 months. The pin has settled down, and once you learn the shots, it's not that tough a pin.

#15081 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

The pin has settled down, and once you learn the shots, it's not that tough a pin.

Definitely the case. I've been saying that it's not as hard as Iron Man or The Walking Dead. It's not easy, but those two are definitely tougher.

#15082 7 years ago

Thank you so much Namsan! Those are the absolute best videos I have seen of GB. Your photos look great too! I'm hoping to have my GB LE here in a couple weeks and you just made the wait even harder!

#15083 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Definitely the case. I've been saying that it's not as hard as Iron Man or The Walking Dead. It's not easy, but those two are definitely tougher.

Yup, I realized that after a week of ownership. Tried in a few threads to state that, and got shouted down how hard it is, unfair it is, needs lane extenders and centre post, larger flippers, etc, etc.

I decided to sit back and wait to see how many of those folks change their tune after owning/playing it more.

#15084 7 years ago

Haha where are all the whiners about the mag slings after that video!?! And all the Who's in Whoville cried out boohoo. The slings look really good and thanks for the killer videos. Feeling better about my decision!!

#15085 7 years ago

Extended flippers or center posts are pretty silly if you ask me. Pinball is kind of like baseball... there are pitchers you love to face and those you can't stand. GB is kind of like Nolan Ryan or Randy Johnson. I don't want to homer off Nolan using Sammy Sosa's corked bat, take roids, use an aluminum bat, or anything else that would give me an advantage. If I'm going yard then I'm swinging the real pine... Would you rather walk away knowing you did it legit or had to use a crutch. But that is just me... if it's more fun that way go for it.

I'm glad the game is an unorthodox design and difficult.

#15086 7 years ago

Wow I just did a complete 180 on my magnasling opinion. This seems to be working great. I wonder what they tweaked to get them to be more responsive like that.

#15087 7 years ago

I was in San Francisco recently, and got to play the Pro model at Free Gold Watch. Had a real blast with it. Makes my wait for the Premium even harder.

I think the Premium game will be a big hit with young kids The crazy Mag slings, Ecto Goggles, and Slimer bash toy, and the lightbar topper (if you have one) should make this the ultimate toy. I'm sure my 4 year old will love it......and Daddy too!

#15088 7 years ago

Love that mag slings video not sure what they did but there is no more sensitivity with the top and bottom of the slings time to rock on playing

#15089 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Extended flippers or center posts are pretty silly if you ask me. Pinball is kind of like baseball... there are pitchers you love to face and those you can't stand. GB is kind of like Nolan Ryan or Randy Johnson. I don't want to homer off Nolan using Sammy Sosa's corked bat, take roids, use an aluminum bat, or anything else that would give me an advantage. If I'm going yard then I'm swinging the real pine... Would you rather walk away knowing you did it legit or had to use a crutch. But that is just me... if it's more fun that way go for it.
I'm glad the game is an unorthodox design and difficult.

Every game has post adjustments & menu adjustments for various difficulty parameters. There's no "one way" to pinball. Every game is set up differently and adjusted differently. Ghostbusters was clearly designed in a way that's polarizing to players - there's a reason people are adjusting it. Trudeau isn't pinball-jeebus.

#15090 7 years ago

You know, since about post #15000 this thread has been informative, logical, and extremely sensible. I sense a disturbance in the force.....lol!!

Keep it up Pinside, this is what it's all about.

PS - Can't wait for my LE to get here......

#15091 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every game has post adjustments & menu adjustments for various difficulty parameters. There's no "one way" to pinball. Every game is set up differently and adjusted differently. Ghostbusters was clearly designed in a way that's polarizing to players - there's a reason people are adjusting it. Trudeau isn't pinball-jeebus.

How does post adjustments & menu adjustments for various difficulty parameters equate to bastardizing the flipper bats and adding a center post that was never meant to be there. Hell you might even just eliminate the flipper gap altogether and run screws into the outlanes.

It's silly that people think they need to do this in order to have a more enjoyable time. If you have to cheat the game to feel like you're getting your money's worth then go for it. You might even ask yourself why you're buying the game in the first place if you think it's already a bad design.

When people are modifying the factory design of the playfield just for longer ball times... it's gone a little too far. Adjusting the outlanes is one thing but adding longer flippers and a center post is another. But hey, if you are comfortable with that and it's the way you play pinball then by all means. I just think you are selling yourself short in terms of challenging yourself and overcoming obstacles. You want to swing the corked bat and have the stats count then be my guest. Just put a little asterisk on that HR record...

#15092 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

When people are modifying the factory design of the playfield just for longer ball times... it's gone a little too far.

Hey, people use lightening flippers all the time.
I even closed my outlanes ot the lowest setting the other day; as much as it pained me.

#15093 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

How does post adjustments & menu adjustments for various difficulty parameters equate to bastardizing the flipper bats and adding a center post that was never meant to be there. Hell you might even just eliminate the flipper gap altogether and run screws into the outlanes.
It's silly that people think they need to do this in order to have a more enjoyable time. If you have to cheat the game to feel like you're getting your money's worth then go for it. You might even ask yourself why you're buying the game in the first place if you think it's already a bad design.
When people are modifying the factory design of the playfield just for longer ball times... it's gone a little too far. Adjusting the outlanes is one thing but adding longer flippers and a center post is another. But hey, if you are comfortable with that and it's the way you play pinball then by all means. I just think you are selling yourself short in terms of challenging yourself and overcoming obstacles. You want to swing the corked bat and have the stats count then be my guest. Just put a little asterix on that HR record...

It's pinball....it's a game. So unless you are going "pro", none of this makes any difference, and it all boils down to personal preference. We buy the games to make us happy, so go enjoy them and be happy. Who gives a hoot if you have lightning flippers, regular flippers, carrot flippers, banana flippers, or fish flippers. Who cares if you add a center post or drill 40 holes in your playfield. The Pinball Police are not coming to your house to see if you have altered a game from original. You think it's silly people change flippers....I think its silly we even have this conversation taking place given everything going on in the world today. Have you looked outside lately? There are a lot more important things to lose sleep over, lol.

#15094 7 years ago

Hey mod the thing to your hearts content, just don't be bragging about any of your high scores sonny Jim...

#15095 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

When people are modifying the factory design of the playfield just for longer ball times... it's gone a little too far. Adjusting the outlanes is one thing but adding longer flippers and a center post is another. But hey, if you are comfortable with that and it's the way you play pinball then by all means. I just think you are selling yourself short in terms of challenging yourself and overcoming obstacles. You want to swing the corked bat and have the stats count then be my guest. Just put a little asterisk on that HR record...

First of all, longer flippers and the upsidedown centerpost mod from Pinball Life are removable. No one is bastardizing anything.

Second, challenge is one thing - but GB can actively just say "F YOU" and dump it straight down the middle, airball it down the middle or into the outlanes.

Third, most people aren't playing for competitive tournament style reasons - they want to enjoy the world of Ghostbusters under glass. Due to the game forcing you to complete modes before moving onto the next ones - almost NO ONE is seeing the content/voices/humor of the game. It's locked away and you only see "We've Got One" or "Who Brought the Dog". The game's content is not balanced with the design. Clearly it's polarizing or we wouldn't be talking about it, people wouldn't be making mods for it. Every game has challenge...but only one game has people actively trying to make it more fair to be more fun: Ghostbusters. No one is trying to make Iron Man easier - because the content & design work together as one.

People love the Ghostbusters theme, that's why they're buying it. This is a game that attracts more casual players than ever. My girlfriend played the Pro with me. She loves GB and is a decent player. Launch/drain/launch/drain/launch/drain. She hated it. If people mod it to make it more fun, who are you to shame them. I'll be modding mine to make it more fun. If after a while the game seems too easy, those adjustments are reversible.

#15096 7 years ago
#15097 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

You think it's silly people change flippers....I think its silly we even have this conversation taking place given everything going on in the world today. Have you looked outside lately? There are a lot more important things to lose sleep over, lol.

I guess I better find another place to talk about pinball then. Apparently we are solving world hunger here. My bad. I'll let you carry on making this world a better place for us all. You guys have fun modding your machines.

#15098 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

they want to enjoy the world of Ghostbusters under glass.

Barf

#15099 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Hey mod the thing to your hearts content, just don't be bragging about any of your high scores sonny Jim...

Scores are irrelevant outside of a controlled environment. We could have 10 GB machines, with no mods...but all play completely differently due to pitch or adjustment settings.

I swear, people forget that pinball machines already have always had a million ways they can be adjusted to play differently. Outlane post position, number of balls, number of extra balls, replay set to extra ball or points, changed timer adjustments, spotted inserts, etc, etc. Adjustments to GB is NO different.

#15100 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I guess I better find another place to talk about pinball then. Apparently we are solving world hunger here. My bad. I'll let you carry on making this world a better place for us all. You guys have fun modding your machines.

I didn't say we were solving world hunger, but I am saying it is nothing to get worked up over. We all have opinions, preferences, likes, dislikes, and that is what makes the world a fun place to live. Talking pinball is great.....criticizing someone because of their preferences is not. That is a "no win" conversation from the start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.