C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 434.
#1701 9 years ago

Maybe I need to adjust how the autoplunger is set up then, not sure. Here's a picture of my plunger fully depressed. So while it is contacting the ball, it's a pretty weak plunge. Sorry for the crappy picture. Shooter lanes have to be one of the hardest things to photograph...

shooter.jpgshooter.jpg
#1702 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Maybe I need to adjust how the autoplunger is set up then, not sure. Here's a picture of my plunger fully depressed. So while it is contacting the ball, it's a pretty weak plunge. Sorry for the crappy picture. Shooter lanes have to be one of the hardest things to photograph...

From your picture it looks like your plunger is aligned a little to the right.

#1703 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Maybe I need to adjust how the autoplunger is set up then, not sure.

Your Cliffy protector might also be the culprit, I can tell from your pic that the ball is hitting it. Right after I installed mine the ball was bouncing out of the lane on to the playfield, if it would even get out of the lane because of weak launches. I loosened the screws and made sure it was as far in as possible over the trough, problem solved.

There was never a problem with auto-launches though, so the plunger rod must be a little off-center on some.

#1704 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Your Cliffy protector might also be the culprit, I can tell from your pic that the ball is hitting it.

This is exactly it. Took the Cliffy out and it plunges straight and strong. Guess I need to file the Cliffy down or just leave it out. Gave up on the Cliffy under the rail - this one might go that way too. Thanks all!

#1705 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

From your picture it looks like your plunger is aligned a little to the right.

I wonder if that explains the left cliffy getting beat up as well.

#1706 9 years ago

Ive had the eject hole cliffy on my met for a year now and habent had any issues. I do think mine was mounted a bit further back. I can take a picture if you think that would help.

#1707 9 years ago

Have bricking drops been an issue? Since shopping mine I've been getting solid shots to the drops (more than just the front one) rejected with no drop. The only difference I can think of that I caused was cleaning the flipper mechs and replacing nasty coil sleeves when in combination with waxing has resulted in significantly higher ball speeds. I didn't mess with that mech at all, nor have I inspected it since I noticed the problem. Thinking possibly its gotten loose and shifted back?

Curious if this is a known issue with a solution. I'll get to popping the hood on mine in a day or two.

#1708 9 years ago

I got a few bricks for a while after I cleaned my playfield too. I think it is just the faster ball speed, they diminished after a while. I'm due for another cleaning so I'll pay attention to the bricks afterwards again.

#1709 9 years ago

My plunger sits off to the left and actually touches the autoplunger

#1710 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

The only difference I can think of that I caused was cleaning the flipper mechs and replacing nasty coil sleeves when in combination with waxing has resulted in significantly higher ball speeds.

Waxing a newish playfield will increase ball speed and reduce ball rotation. Both of those things will increase bricked drop target shots. You can either wait until the wax wears off or remove it.

#1711 9 years ago

Working on a custom shooter rod for my Metallica. Bought a miniature skull from some Thailand eBay shop, sculpted an electric chair helmet and eyes out of Kneadatite, and gave it all a paint job.

Need to clear coat it and buy a new blank shooter rod from Terry, it's on the back side of an existing one for the pic.

image-844.jpgimage-844.jpg

image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg

image-419.jpgimage-419.jpg

#1712 9 years ago

Looks awesome. Would love one of those.

#1713 9 years ago

needs a tongue ! LOL looks cool.

#1714 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

needs a tongue ! LOL looks cool.

I did consider cutting the jaw and resculpting it so it was open, but since this is something that will get grabbed and pulled on I decided to not make it structurally weaker, or risk making it to uncomfortable to hold.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Looks awesome. Would love one of those.

If anyone wants to try making their own here's the skull I started with:

ebay.com link:

#1715 9 years ago

Hi all, prem./L.E. owners, I'am getting bounce backs on the left spinner. Shoot the ball at the left spinner and it bounces back making a "clunk noise." Now, The spinner itself at rest, is not straight up and down, kinda tilted up at the bottom. I checked some of your photos and other Prem./ L.E.'s machines, and all seem like mine. Just wonder if this is normal, happens every game the left spinner rejects the ball, and of course sometimes it doesn't. Normal?

I also have a MDM display for sale if anyone is interested, $75 shipped

#1716 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on a custom shooter rod for my Metallica. Bought a miniature skull from some Thailand eBay shop, sculpted an electric chair helmet and eyes out of Kneadatite, and gave it all a paint job.
Need to clear coat it and buy a new blank shooter rod from Terry, it's on the back side of an existing one for the pic.

image-844.jpg 102 KB

image-459.jpg 87 KB

image-419.jpg 92 KB

This is the best MET shooter rod MOD I've seen so far....nice touch man!!

#1717 9 years ago

Rick,
The sparky plastic was prob a two minute install and fit perfectly. Thanks again!
-Hougie

#1718 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This is the best MET shooter rod MOD I've seen so far....nice touch man!!

Thanks, I'll take install pics once I get around to ordering a blank rod from Terry.

#1719 9 years ago

Mirror blades from CoinTaker installed tonight. Used a couple of 4" ratcheting bar clamps to hold them in place from HF while I installed the blades:

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-ratchet-bar-clampspreader-68974.html

It is definitely a tight fit between the PF edges and the mirror blades. I highly recommend utilizing vacuum caps on the rollers underneath the PF to keep the blades from getting damaged. Please see this post to get a visual on what I am referring to:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/31#post-2031718

Mirror blades look badass. These suckers are as hefty as saw blades. Definitely built to last in terms of durability. The mirror surface will definitely keep me lifting and lowering my PF verrrrrrryyyy slowly...

20141201_214203.jpg20141201_214203.jpg20141201_214211.jpg20141201_214211.jpg20141201_214216.jpg20141201_214216.jpg20141201_214223.jpg20141201_214223.jpg

#1720 9 years ago

looks good

#1721 9 years ago

Does the Pro not come with spotlights on the slingshots? Never noticed before, but see they aren't in that shot.

#1722 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does the Pro not come with spotlights on the slingshots? Never noticed before, but see they aren't in that shot.

i guess they are needed to light up that HAMMER!

#1723 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mine came with them, maybe they moved them/tied them in to something else?

#1724 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My neighbor has spotlights on his slings. Weird.

#1725 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Mine came with them, maybe they moved them/tied them in to something else?

I kind of want to take mine off, they're pretty ugly, and I don't really think they're all that necessary.

#1726 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They do. The PO removed them, and I just and never taken the time to re-install. Honestly, so far, I am good without them. I have never noticed they're missing yet !

#1727 9 years ago

Yeah, my pro has the spotlights. They get smashed by airballs all the time though.

#1728 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

They do. The PO removed them, and I just and never taken the time to re-install. Honestly, so far, I am good without them. I have never noticed they're missing yet !

I just don't think you need them honestly. I mean, yeah, you see the place they light, but take the bulbs out and play a game and see if you care.

#1729 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't think you need them honestly. I mean, yeah, you see the place they light, but take the bulbs out and play a game and see if you care.

Why take them out... when you can simply let them fall out

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Why take them out... when you can simply let them fall out

Because they usually fall in a place where it takes ya 15min. go get it out of AND it's usually during an epic game.

#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bent mine to aim down more and they do a really nice job of lighting up the middle section of the playfield away from the GI. I really like the difference it makes.

#1732 9 years ago

Got my Sparky air ball deflector from Rick. Works awesome! All those air balls from his feet was one of my pet peeves with the game. I highly recommend this. Thanks Rick!

#1733 9 years ago

Is there a good way to keep Sparky's shoes from getting scuffed up?

#1734 9 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

Is there a good way to keep Sparky's shoes from getting scuffed up?

shine them

#1735 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image-844.jpg 102 KB

image-459.jpg 87 KB

image-419.jpg 92 KB

I picked up the same skull a few weeks ago... Still not sure if I like its placement on mine but a couple of my buddies thought it was cool

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1736 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I picked up the same skull a few weeks ago... Still not sure if I like its placement on mine but a couple of my buddies thought it was cool

image.jpg 185 KB

I've got some skull and Cobra night lights for sale and am going to put a skull on my Refinery Met Pro. I put a Cobra on my Mustang and tied it into one of the pop lights and it really looks cool. PM me if your interested in a skull or Cobra night light not the mod, you have to mod it yourself. I have a post up on how I built the one for Mustang, the skull would be the same.

IMGA0510.JPGIMGA0510.JPG
IMGA0506.JPGIMGA0506.JPG
IMGA0504.JPGIMGA0504.JPG
IMGA0505.JPGIMGA0505.JPG

#1737 9 years ago

Argh, the autolaunch on my MET is acting up again! During multiball today it was repeatedly launching balls directly into the right outlane. Yup, flipping them in the air somehow, over the lane guide and down the right oulane. Time to check it out.. again!

Rob

#1738 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Argh, the autolaunch on my MET is acting up again! During multiball today it was repeatedly launching balls directly into the right outlane. Yup, flipping them in the air somehow, over the lane guide and down the right oulane. Time to check it out.. again!
Rob

Dang, it's happened before?

#1739 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've got some skull and Cobra night lights for sale and am going to put a skull on my Refinery Met Pro. I put a Cobra on my Mustang and tied it into one of the pop lights and it really looks cool. PM me if your interested in a skull or Cobra. I have a post up on how I built the one for Mustang, the skull would be the same.

IMGA0510.JPG 202 KB

IMGA0506.JPG 89 KB

IMGA0504.JPG 130 KB

IMGA0505.JPG 301 KB

Just got done with the skull mod on MET Pro and started a topic about the build. I tried to get a picture of it lit up but it's tied into the flashers and impossible to get. Here it is on the game though.

IMGA0531.JPGIMGA0531.JPG IMGA0532.JPGIMGA0532.JPG IMGA0533.JPGIMGA0533.JPG
#1740 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang, it's happened before?

Yeah, before it was routinely launching balls into the middle of the playfield from the shooter lane. I adjusted the launcher several times before it seemed to be ok, but something is still wrong. The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path. Perhaps the shooter lane switch wire is hanging up and acting like a ramp.. I'll check it again.

As comic book guy might say, worst autolaunch ever!

Rob

#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, before it was routinely launching balls into the middle of the playfield from the shooter lane. I adjusted the launcher several times before it seemed to be ok, but something is still wrong. The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path. Perhaps the shooter lane switch wire is hanging up and acting like a ramp.. I'll check it again.
Rob

Hope ya fix it for good this time.

#1742 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path.

My guess would be something is, like one of the protectors we talked about earlier, or your rod is crooked.

#1743 9 years ago

Got my blank shooter rod from Terry so I mounted my skull.

image-745.jpgimage-745.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1744 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

If your rod is misaligned to the left, its going to hit the ball and it goes right, hits the right side lane and bounces out.

#1745 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg 85 KB

image-745.jpg 105 KB

\
At first I wasnt sure about this, but seeing it mounted, BAD ASS great job!!!

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg 85 KB

image-745.jpg 105 KB

Looks great but how does it feel when using it?

#1747 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great but how does it feel when using it?

It's pretty good, the shape fits my hand nicely. A few slightly sharper edges than I'd like, if I did a version two I'd sculpt the bottom to smooth that out, and also add some weight to the bottom to keep it from wanting to turn. I'm happy with it for now though, so we'll see if I feel motivated to do another one later. Working on another Metallica project now, so definitely won't worry about it until I'm further along with that, I'm bad enough as it is with starting multiple things at once.

#1748 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on another Metallica project now,

Looking forward to see what you're cooking up.

#1749 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on another Metallica project now, so definitely won't worry about it until I'm further along with that, I'm bad enough as it is with starting multiple things at once.

Another Metallica project, eh? Do tell.

#1750 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another Metallica project, eh? Do tell.

Still working it all out, but I'll say it's not a translite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.