Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1210 9 years ago

Just joined the club! Picked up a Met pro and I'm loving it. Is there a rule sheet anywhere? What does it take to get to end of the line?

#1217 9 years ago

Can someone tell me what the guitar picks do? I know you can light them all in multiball and then hit the snake for add-a-ball. But what about the "band member modes"? What's the deal with those. How do you light one of those solid to work towards end of the line?

#1220 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

You got to light them twice to get one band member, 3 times for the 2nd band member, 4 times for the 3rd band member and 5 times for the 4th band member. I've only got end of line started one time and I choked and didn't even hit one shot.... Basically, you have to light them all 9 times to start end of line.

Is that all you have to do to get to end of the line? Does collecting a band member do anything else besides work towards that? That would be a little lame....

#1222 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I would have to take the glass off and just hit the guitar picks to see if End of Line starts to know for sure.

I'll do that tonight and see what happens....I'm curious. I would assume there is some sort of award when you light all 4...points or something?

#1224 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, completing the band members starts Blackened, not End of the Line. You don't get EotL until you finish all 4 crank it up modes.

Ok awesome. So the only requirement for EotL is finishing all 4 crank it up modes? Do you have to cash them all out or just play them all?

#1227 9 years ago

Got it. Thanks for the info guys! Just trying to figure this game out.

#1233 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Just finished installing a new LED kit and some mods (crosses by the pop bumpers, spot lights, led strip by the flippers and back, snake tongue, cliffy kit)
Also swapped out the translight to a monster signed by John Borg.

IMAG1669.jpg 173 KB

IMAG1671.jpg 318 KB

IMAG1670.jpg 301 KB

Grab some apron cards at pinballcards.com

Those stock yellow cards take away from all the awesomeness you've got going on!

#1234 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

What are some settings/volume level people are using to get the best balance between music and callouts?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

External sub. Volume around 44-46. Sound attenuation +8; music attenuation default at 0 to prevent preemptive music cuts in end of ball sequence and game over.

I have my music attenuation at -10 to make the music louder. But now I do notice the song just cuts very abruptly at the end of a ball...I didn't think that was normal. Is this why this is doing that Eskaybee? Maybe I should switch it the other way around with music attenuation at 0 and sounds at +10. Should have the same volume level results and might not cut the song off at the end of ball.

#1241 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya. You gotta set music to 0 to quit that nuisance music cut out at end of ball. Hopefully Lyman is aware of this. The problem with increasing speech attenuation resistance to +10 or more and increasing overall volume for louder music is you also get louder sound effects > i.e the snake hiss. These louder sound effects started getti too annoying and I eventually just set it all back to factory (0 and 0). Not a big deal when I play with headphones as it sounds bitchin; but it would be nice to crank the music when using my external speakers and sub.

Got it. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just tweak the sounds to +5 or so.

#1243 9 years ago

Can someone tell me how to get to and how to play seek and destroy, and blackened? Been to both multiple times. I have no idea how I got there and no idea what to do when I get there.

#1248 9 years ago

Thanks for the info on SnD and Blackened guys. Much appreciated. Now I know what the hell to do there!

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Has anyone with an older pro modded with LEDs installed the 1.63 LED code? Or are you sticking with the standard pro 1.63?

I'm also wondering about this. I might LED mine out and not sure if I should switch the code out.

#1285 9 years ago

So I notice when I'm in multiball, a lot of the time the shooter lane kicker will continue to auto fire sometimes. It will auto fire every 3 seconds or so, like it thinks a ball is in the lane. It even happens when all 4 balls are in play and there is nothing in the trough.

In switch test modes, all the trough switches and the shooter lane switch work fine. Any ideas? I'm assuming this is not normal...

#1288 9 years ago

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a MUST HAVE.

Dammit! I knew that would be the case. I was going to order one last night and mentioned it to the wife. She put a kabosh on that. I think she's at her limit with my pinball purchases as of late. Just wanted to see how far I should push for it.....looks like I'll just ask for forgiveness and forget the whole permission thing. The way I see it. Ya spend that much on a toy, why now spend a hair more to make it that much better! I always think a shaker and a sub-woofer is a must have.

#1295 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

that's ONE of the reasons I never got married. I can do what I want.

LOL! Right on man. I hear ya. To be honest though, I wouldn't be able to afford the life I/We live without her income as well. I think I'll keep her

#1305 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I've been following this thread as I want a MET, but have had no luck finding one in MI. Anyone know of one for sale in a nearby state?
Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a NIB. What's the going rate for a PRO? I know it's in the 4's, but where exactly?

I think new version is $4800 and original version is $4450. That's just what I've been quoted before I recently bought a nice HUO one.

#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Are there any other differences to the new style to justify an extra $350?

Thanks for the info!

Just the different backbox, speaker panel decal, and LEDs. It's all personal preference. I wouldn't spend the extra money for the new version. You can add the LEDs cheaper. I'm not a big fan of the decal. I also kind of like the original wood backbox as well. That's not a huge deal though, the new style backbox on my IMve is growing on me too.

I'd say buy the original version if you can. If you want to add LEDs, you can do it your own way for less. Either option is a good one though. Such a kick ass game. I play it more than any other game right now.

#1329 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The flasher behind the captive ball flashes/lights after either rollover/inlane. If you hit the ball then it counts as 2 hits on the coffin towards crank it up progression.

Does it count towards 2 hits for a lock and extra ball too???

#1332 9 years ago
Quoted from gdwats:

No, just CIU progression.

I thought that was the case. Thanks for clarifying!

#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

if you changed the feature adjustment "Music Attenuation", it will cut off the song at the game over sequence.

I really hope Lyman addresses this as it effects end of ball sequences also.

+1. That drive's me nuts. I want to turn the music up but I hate how it just cuts off it you do.

#1346 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Was blessed enough to play an LE version of this game yesterday. Holy crap, dude. This game is way beyond anything I've played yet. $6500+ is a lot of money though. I am definitely considering this for a first NIB purchase as a Pro model. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a nice used one, if not, I'll start saving.... again... ._.

Yeah this game surprised the hell out of me. I hadn't put a lot of time on one but decided to hunt down a pro. I picked on up a HUO pro for a good price. It's definitely one of my all time favorites now. I'd love to have a Premium or an LE, but $2000-$3000 more for a hammer, rising cross, and LEDs....I just couldn't justify it. If I had more disposable income I might, but the pro does the job for me!

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of those three features (and to be fair there's more than that) the LEDs are easily the best part. I wish Star Trek had colored, controlled GI, it's really an immersive feature. The color changing inserts on Metallica are really nice, but they don't obviously hit Star Trek's level, so I guess it's a trade off.

I agree there is more. You're correct. I'm just talking the main game play/play field differences.

#1351 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well for instance the rising cross is just a little toy animation, it doesn't actually do anything. But the opening and closing snake jaw actually changes the way the game plays (for the better), so I'd list that over the cross personally if I was making a short list. Along with the spinner.
But really, the lights are my most favorite feature of the upgrades, both the color changing inserts and especially the GI.

Ah yes. The snake jaw and spinners. I kinda wish I had the snake jaw.

#1360 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Jeff the inserts on the main shots in the game reset/clear by default with factory settings. So to get S&D. You would have to do it in one ball. Same with blackened mode and the band member guitar pics.
There are settings to allow the status to continue from ball to ball that you would have to change from no to yes. I can look for the setting numbers sometime if you want. Its one of the first things indo when i up date my machines code
5 ball cause is suck and i want to see EOL someday
2 settings to allow s&d and guitar pics to go from ball to ball
Make the snake hold the ball in its mouth during snake add a ball multiplier (assume prem le does this by default)
Free play
Etc.

I'm pretty sure on default settings, if you lit an entire row (cross, snake, and electric chair), then hit it while flashing, then collected the hurry up, this will carry that row\shot over from ball to ball.

#1375 9 years ago

Welcome to the club! Metallica is a kick ass game!

#1389 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Since we're talking Met and Meytal.....these are good as well!
» YouTube video

» YouTube video

Damn. She is super tight and spot on.

1 week later
#1474 9 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

So, it seems best to avoid starting Seek and Destroy if you want to get to all the CIU modes.

Yep

4 weeks later
#1684 9 years ago

#1732 9 years ago

Got my Sparky air ball deflector from Rick. Works awesome! All those air balls from his feet was one of my pet peeves with the game. I highly recommend this. Thanks Rick!

1 week later
#1783 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Do you guys think that the code is 100%?

I think it's about as close to 100% as you could get. I remember when I first played Metallica. I was so excited, but the code was so infant that I hated the game. I finally decided to buy one because of how great everyone said the game was now. I could't be happier with the game. I don't know how much more they could do with they code. I'm sure they could always do something else, but for me personally, I'd say it's 100%.

#1784 9 years ago

Can someone explain the piston shot to me? I don't really understand it. I know it has a few different uses.

-I know that double scoring is started by hitting that shot (when the arrow is lit????). How do you get double scoring qualified to start?

-There are 3 inserts below the arrow, I think these are the pistons? When these are lit, hit the shot to "blow" the pistons? X amount of pistons = extra ball? So if 2 of the 3 insert are lit, and I shoot the piston shot, does that blow 2 pistons? How Do I light those piston inserts? Do they light with 10 hits to the associated pop bumper?

I think I'm pretty close here, just want to know what lights tot shot to start double scoring and want to know more about these blown pistons.....

Thanks!

#1799 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Purple super bands and stock yellow bats.

Me too

1 week later
#1853 9 years ago

Nice cliff notes SKB

#1859 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The left orbit on my MET is pretty tight because of the lane guide position. Is the gap normal between the wood and the metal?
Rob

20141223_145115.jpg 237 KB

I think all Mets are all pretty tight. Mine was so tight, that slow balls would get stuck. You can loosen the screws that hold the left orbit lane guide down, then reposition out a bit more and tighten down. Did that to mine and have never had a ball stuck since.

2 weeks later
#1912 9 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Yes it is 500 dollar less. But now I hear the vendor, cant guaranty that the fangs are not there.
I get the droptargets for free, if they are the old version. But had the early version the snake protector ?

All versions had the snake protector. I'd save the $$$ and get the original one. You can always add LEDs later for a lot less than $500

#1928 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So this has happened to me twice now, in electric chair multi ball during add a ball and snake multi ball I've managed to get two balls in the snakes mouth.maybe it is a common thing but I figured it can't happen very often. Has anyone else done this?

I've done that more than a handful of times. I had changed the settings to lock a ball in the snakes mouth at first. But this was happening enough for me to want to go back to factory settings for that.

#1950 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Flipper fidelity 8", 10" or pinball pro for this pin? I'm pretty happy with flipper fidelity in my TF and Lotr and STTNG.

Neither. Just hook up an external powered subwoofer.

3 months later
#2777 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Can you tell me why you prefer Met over IM?

If you're trying to choose between the two, I'd go with Metallica. I have both, but if one had to go, it would be Iron Man. Met is a lot deeper and will keep you interested longer.

#2821 8 years ago

I'm thinking about added LEDs to my OG Met pro. I was going to use cointaker cool white doubles in the GI. How about the inserts? Do I have to use premiums in there? Non ghosting?

#2829 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

I had a good game last of the night yesterday. My son and I had a debate about it this morning on the way taking him to school. I'm on ball 3 just finished my second sparky multiball. I have snake and graveyard multiball lit to start plus crank it up. I choose crank it up make it half way through the mode and drain. Game over, he said I should of went for the mutliballs and not crank it up. What would have you done? I was trying for the big points, or should I have played it safe and just went for the multi? Damn, I love this game so many ways to attack it.

I think you played it right. If I have CIU ready at the same time as a multiball, I will always start CIU. Then you can use the multiball afterwards to work toward CIU again. Your son is looking for the easy points, but he is assuming you're going to drain soon, so grab easy multiball points. You can't play assuming you're going to drain. Big points don't come without big risks.

Now if you were in a tourney, and you were only a few million behind, then yes, I would have gone with a multiball for a guaranteed win.

#2851 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have only put a bit of time on MET....I have the chance to get one for a really great price, but I'm a BIT worried how non-pinheads will respond to the difficulty. Can anyone comment on how their non-pinball playing friends/family have felt about the game?

Buy Metallica. You'll like it. My wife and non pinhead friends like it. It's a really great game.

#2882 8 years ago

Where can I get the coffin decal mod?

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone add the tournament button? I always found it kinda fun trying to get the biggest score with one ball. Be good for my monthly pin party as well.

Don't waste that spot with a tourney button. Install a Pin-Vol. One of my favorite mods. All my games get one. I love to be able to adjust volume on the fly. Another cool thing it will do is abort an animation. So if you don't want to sit and watch sparky fry, just hit either up or down on the Pin-Vol and the game moves on. Kinda neat.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

3 months later
#4398 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Have had my NIB Metallica since July 4th weekend. Haven't played it in the last 4 weeks, so it has not seen much play at all. Last night, sparky was only registering hits with direct contact to the target between his feet. Isn't there an a beam in front of him that if it gets "broken" it registers a hit as well? I was pretty sure it did that before vacation. Didn't have time to mess with anything last night cause it was late. Any ideas? Thanks

I had the same issue. I had a fried opto board. Just follow the wires that go to the sparky feet optos. I could see plain as day on mine that there was a fried component. Not exactly sure what it was. I happened to have a NASCAR pin that used the same board. I swapped for testing purposes and it worked, so I ordered a replacement. I would check there. But...first things first....make sure the opto connectors are tight and try to re-seat them. Good luck!

#4420 8 years ago

Had a crazy game tonight. Scored 599 million. Had all 4 Crank it ups done. Was just a few shots away from End on line! Soooooo close!!!!'

2 weeks later
#4503 8 years ago

Well I FINALLY made it to End of the Line. I failed miserably once I got there. Can someone tell me what you're supposed to do when you get there?! There were no instructions on the DMD. Just looked like you were driving a car with a view of the rear view mirror. Damn my butt hole was puckered when shooting for that last scoop shot to get to EOL.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4505 8 years ago

Ok cool. Thanks!

4 weeks later
#4671 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I made some progress on an MET mind map yesterday. I should be able to finish it this week. Here's a preview. The final version will have much better resolution, for printing on a poster if you like...

Don't forget the skill shot jackpots at the top roll overs while holding left flipper.

#4693 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the DMD and speaker panel surround sticker that is on the LED version? I'd like to add that to my OG pro.

#4696 8 years ago

Thanks for the detailed response. Maybe someone has or will come up with an aftermarket version?

I found this one, but I'm not s huge fan of it...

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/d83a6c63-fd71-5af4-72f2-2c6ba05f714c

#4705 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

(grouchy old man alert)
I don't know why people feel to urge to put artwork on every square inch of a machine. I like the plain black speaker panel just fine.

I usually agree with this, but I recently picked up a TSPP and it has a speaker panel decal. My IMve and TWD have a speaker panel decal from the factory. So my Metallica looks different and a little naked next to the other pins. I like things to look uniform (it's the OCD in me). I don't like the idea of removing factory speaker panel decals when they are supposed to be there, so I thought I'd just add one to Metallica so they all look uniform.

8 months later
#7298 7 years ago

That really cool! Nice work!

1 week later
#7420 7 years ago

I really want to change the songs on my Metallica. I want to swap in some Avenged Sevenfold. I'm a bit intimidated by the task but I think I'm going to try to tackle it this winter. Where is the best place to go for instruction on this? I know there's a thread but it's really long.

#7433 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you with a pro, can you backhand the snake from the right flipper? I tried a bunch of times last night, but I can't seem to hit that shot. I can backhand the graveyard targets no problem.

I can. Not every time, but fairly consistent. It kind of bounces off of the captive ball and then into the snake.

1 month later
#8086 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

Has anyone else here had trouble with sparky not registering hits every time? I just replaced the optos and still didn't get a fix! Kinda furious. Anyone? Ideas?

Is your magnet level? This was happening on mine a bit and I found my magnet was ever so slightly too high. It would cause the ball to jump over the opto beam.

#8115 7 years ago

Who is going to the show tomorrow night? I saw Avenged Sevenfold at First Ave last night. That was crazy! I got in line at 11:00am. Doors opened at 7:00pm and they started at 9:00pm. LONG DAY but well worth it. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow WITH Metallica!!!

Met2_(resized).pngMet2_(resized).png

Met1_(resized).jpgMet1_(resized).jpg

#8128 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who suggested ramp protectors?

Nobody did. Someone suggested Cliffy's. They did not say ramp protectors. Cliffy makes more than ramp protectors. jawjaw started drinkin' already.

#8133 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thinking about getting one but hate how they make shots difficult in some games like my ST. The mystery hole is larger so maybe not.

I love Cliffy's but not for scoop holes. It changes the way it play IMO.

#8256 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That's what I'm afraid of....its just a very difficult decision...i got the money for the premium but a lot of people say its not worth the extra 2K...just a bit confused. I wish I could play them in the computer or something....to get a feel for both of them. Thanks

I bought a pro and have played the premium/LE. They are both awesome games. I love Metallica as a band and the game. I would not personally spend another $2k for the premium. I don't like the hammer. It blocks your view when trying to hit sparky from the right flipper. I don't care about the cross, barely noticed. The snake jaw doesn't do much for me. Spinners? Well, they're spinners. I like spinners but they're also like $20-$30 in parts. Spinners aren't needed for fade to black on the pro since the number of switch hits needed on the pro is less. The light show I like, but not a game changer. I just really don't see a need for the premium. I may buy an LE one day if I find a decent price on one. The only reason I'd buy that is I love the cabinet art and I'm a big Metallica fan. The LE has a collector aspect to me.

Overall I'm really happy with my pro. I would much rather keep my pro and stick $2,000 towards another game. You can't go wrong either way, this is just my $.02

#8331 7 years ago

Just ram a jam that bitch back in there. Won't hurt anything.

#8388 7 years ago

I've got ZERO issues on my 2013 met pro. You don't need fuckin mylar in the trough area. That's ridiculous. I'm a Stern fanboy through and through. But these new playfields are shit. Look at older sterns or Williams with 10,000 plays. The clear is perfect in those areas. These new playfields are COMPLETE SHIT. I feel bad for anyone that has bought a NIB Stern recently. You got F'ed in the A. Quit buying Stern until it's fixed.

4 months later
#9168 7 years ago

I love the custom message.

#9220 7 years ago

Mylar on sparky magnet for sure. No Clift.

#9317 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys anyone add the Tournament button to their game? I couldn't stand the plugged hole there and this looks much better. Does Met even support it? If so where do you tie it into?

Get this instead. I put them on all my games. They are great!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

1 month later
#10255 7 years ago

I replace my magnet cores quite frequently.....more than most would I'm sure.

10 months later
#12559 6 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they still making new premiums? I’m thinking about upgrading from my pro.

#12561 6 years ago

Can someone tell me what Metallica premiums cost NIB these days?

#12562 6 years ago

On that same note, what’s a stock HUO LE going for?

#12579 6 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a premium or LE within 6 hours of Minneapolis? Or downgrade to a HUO pro + cash?

#12585 6 years ago

Can you guys tell me if $6800 shipped is a decent price for a NIB premium?

#12606 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Who made the extended sparky protector? My pf was replaced and I forgot to swap it

Why was your PF replaced? It was a pinsider that made them. Dave something....

#12648 6 years ago

Both are better than Spidey IMO. I just sold my Met pro and Spidey. Spidey won’t be coming back. I sold Met pro to fund an LE. Just need to find one now....

I decided I loved the game and wanted the best one out there. It’s a game that I’d likely never get rid of.

I used to argue that Met pro was better. The hammer blocks the view. Blah blah blah. Fact is, the hammer is cool as shit. The light show. The snake jaw. The rising cross. I want it all. I want the game the way it was designed.

To each their own. Pro and premium/LE are both amazing games.

3 years later
#18360 2 years ago

Can someone tell me where this flasher is located please?

6C7F63AD-8825-4FFD-92F7-50F1E3409F1C (resized).jpeg6C7F63AD-8825-4FFD-92F7-50F1E3409F1C (resized).jpeg
#18362 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Behind the snake and a little to the right. Normally lights when all SNAKE letters are lit to denote next snake hit starts multiball.

Thanks for the response. Is it the push in type flasher that sits above the playfield? Or is it the twist in style that is below the playfield and under an insert?

The only flasher I see behind the snake and to the right is the push in style. It's kind of under the ramp and under the plastic. Is that the one?

#18365 2 years ago

Just picked up a Metallica pro. The spark head seems to hang a bit lower than it should. I found there is some play where the "neck spring" goes into the torso of Sparky. If I adjust it, I can get his head to sit right, but it just sags down after a bit of play. Are there any good fixes for this? Or should I just adjust it and pop a little hot glue in there? Is this a known issue on this game?

#18371 2 years ago

Can someone do me a huge favor? I need a picture of the auto-launcher assembly. Specifically a picture from the right side. Mine came apart and I want to see the screw that holds it together. Not sure if there is a washer in there or what.

I have a vault pro. Preferably a pic from the vault. Not sure if anything changed from the OG to the vault.

Gracias

#18373 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There is no vault, do you mean led pro?

Yep

#18375 2 years ago

You're awesome. Thank you for the pic. I should have been more specific though. I'm wondering if there is a washer between this screw and the housing/bolt the screw goes into. I found a little black plastic washer in the cabinet. I don't know if it's for this or not. If I try to just put the screw in without it though, it won't bottom out and go all the way in. Can you grab a side pic of the screw/housing?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18377 2 years ago

Not really. I found that before posting, but it doesn't show me what I'm looking for. It shows an e-clip holding this together, which is incorrect.

I'm wondering if that circled screw is flush against metal, or if there some type of a washer in between the two.

Thank you for posting this though.

#18379 2 years ago

I had asked a bit ago about which flasher the snake flasher was. Just wanted to follow up and show which one it actually is in case anyone is searching this forum later.

DAA69806-D27B-49B0-BA26-026111214F6B (resized).jpegDAA69806-D27B-49B0-BA26-026111214F6B (resized).jpegDC4F1CC3-454C-47EB-8852-93FF2EDF7F13 (resized).jpegDC4F1CC3-454C-47EB-8852-93FF2EDF7F13 (resized).jpeg
#18381 2 years ago

Here is a pic of my auto launcher on my LED Pro. Can anyone with an LED pro confirm if this plastic spacer/washer should be here?

457675D0-2D6A-4F3A-981F-1846F20D7141 (resized).jpeg457675D0-2D6A-4F3A-981F-1846F20D7141 (resized).jpeg
#18383 2 years ago

Thank you.

#18385 2 years ago

Yeah that 44 wouldn’t last long there!

3 weeks later
#18431 2 years ago

Is there any way to adjust the snake kick out on the pro? Mine throws it into the left sling.

#18435 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Turn down the power for that coil in the menu.

Oh no kiddin? I didn’t know there were settings for that in Stern games. I’ll give that a shot. Thank you!

#18437 2 years ago

Found the adjustment. It’s under feature adjustments.

D31C14F9-4439-48B3-8DB7-1632FFFA8EC1 (resized).jpegD31C14F9-4439-48B3-8DB7-1632FFFA8EC1 (resized).jpeg
#18440 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Found the adjustment. It’s under feature adjustments.
[quoted image]

well I tried this. Knocked the power all the way down and it still hits the left sling. Going to try a little foam piece strategically placed in the scoop.

#18442 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

well I tried this. Knocked the power all the way down and it still hits the left sling. Going to try a little foam piece strategically placed in the scoop.

This worked awesome.

#18443 2 years ago

Is there a fix for the drop targets not dropping when hit hard?

#18493 2 years ago

Mine came with it too. I love it. Big fan of the Color DMD. I just never want to drop $400 for one. That’s a lot of coin for some color graphics that I never really even look at much.

1 week later
#18542 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Does this work with the LED Pro models as well? I would think that LED lights are on or off with no in between

Yeah I adjusted the brightness on my LED pro and noticed no difference.

3 weeks later
#18685 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah, shitty cell phone in a dark room.
Anybody have suggestions for some kick ass side blade art?
I don't want to use mirrors on this one...
Im glad to have this game back in my collection, it was the first game I ever bought NIB (2013) and I had to sell 3 years ago to buy a house and have wanted to replace it ever since...

You gotta get the power blades. They are incredible.

3 weeks later
#18847 2 years ago

The color choice for those seems very odd. I thought that color was just the prototype. Why have a plastic protector that blocks the light? Maybe I'm missing something.

7 months later
#19567 2 years ago

Has anyone tried a different color T-molding on their Metallica? Mine has the factory chrome. I was thinking about switching it out to Black or maybe purple. I'm not a chrome fan.

If you've changed yours out and could share a picture, that would be awesome!

#19574 2 years ago

Oh yeah. That looks nice!! Where is the best place to buy that stuff? What size is it?

#19578 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Changed mine to the Black Textured and love it ! Chrome is gone !
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I’m going to go that route. How many feet did you need?

#19582 2 years ago

Just ordered some black and other colors up. I’ll post a pic after I install. Thanks guys!

#19586 2 years ago

Yeah I've got the newer vault version. I order 20' since that was the minimum anyhow. Should be good to go!

#19597 2 years ago

At least he didn’t trade it out for an Ultraman… lol

#19601 2 years ago

Out with the chrome t-molding and in with the black. Way better!

Also switched AC/DC over to red.

B3B54C3E-1B44-401A-8FC1-5B68CCA2F88D (resized).jpegB3B54C3E-1B44-401A-8FC1-5B68CCA2F88D (resized).jpeg
#19603 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Sell me that Luci please???

I don’t say this about any game ever, except that one…. “She’s bolted to the floor!”.

1 week later
#19641 2 years ago

Does anyone know if somebody makes a start button with the Metallica logo? I’ve got a start button in my AC/DC that has the light night bolt and it looks awesome. Wondering if there is something similar for Metallica.

#19647 2 years ago

Hell yeah! lookin good!

#19648 2 years ago

This is awesome! I've gotta order one up!

2 weeks later
#19702 2 years ago

Rush already came and went for me. Metallica is a long term keeper. Just such a great game! Rush layout was too damn busy for me. Those scoops up close are just too much. Right in the middle of the damn playfield.

1 month later
#19950 1 year ago

Look at the one before it for reference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.