Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 433.
#1 10 years ago

Someone had to start one.
Mine should be here this weekend...can't wait!

#2 10 years ago

Waiting on my Premie to be built and hopefully in my home by this time next month. Fingers crossed...

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Waiting on my Premie to be built and hopefully in my home by this time next month. Fingers crossed...

Ditto!

#4 10 years ago

Ordered a Pro.. hopefully here soon.

#5 10 years ago

MOPLE should be home in June. Hope it never leaved my collection . I will say the pro is just a amazing deal and ramps look amazing in the gap videos.

Not sure a number yet and do not care since #1 is not available to consumers it is always held by stern, cannot blame them but in all honesty probably better quality wise to not be first made.

Going next to my Ac:dc premium and going to wire both to external subs and add a speaker set from pinball pro and maybe some guitars from lasserific. My guess is the le will be valued above bib and ltbr Ac/dc before the year is over and it seems might reach mm level one day with those awesome looking ramp shots. Hope the le does not mess up the gameplay the pro has.

#6 10 years ago

Cant wait to play \m/. Im considering going to Lane and Games Boston for Launch Party.

LE inbound. Really like what I have seen on the Pro so far. Honestly I dont see much I dont like.

393064_10151591009374244_114661601_n.jpg393064_10151591009374244_114661601_n.jpg 943358_10151586007599244_1160490113_n..jpg943358_10151586007599244_1160490113_n..jpg

#7 10 years ago

Got my Pro yesterday! awesome game!

#8 10 years ago

Why would stern keep game #1?

So really it's 499 to the public or 501 made?

They build them
Can't be that hard making 1 extra cab and back glass put on the plaque MOP arcival edition or something

Yeah my MOP hoped "late may" but looking like June as a build time

It's all good
Soon Star Trek will be here as well

#9 10 years ago

Pro here tmrrw!!
METLE later next month too!!

#10 10 years ago

Let us Pro owners work out all the bugs for you PREM/LE guys!

#11 10 years ago

looking forward to the premium. distro said shipping end of june.

#12 10 years ago

My Pro is coming this Friday and having a bunch of pinball friends coming over on Saturday. A couple who have ordered the LE so they are pretty excited to check it out.

#13 10 years ago

Waiting confirmation for when my Pro will be arriving. Was hoping for this week, but I might have to wait until early next week. Looking forward to hearing from everyone who gets one soon and how there playing. This machine is going to be a blast!

#14 10 years ago

My pro arrived yesterday and I have played one game. New baby arrived last Wednesday and is sucking up valuable pinball time.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

My pro arrived yesterday and I have played one game. New baby arrived last Wednesday and is sucking up valuable pinball time.

Congrats anyway!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

Just add a subwoofer and turn up the game to drown out the crying. Oh, and feed occasionally.

#17 10 years ago

My PRO has been in the house for 3 days now

#18 10 years ago

Mine shipped today, so arriving in a few days!

#19 10 years ago

I'm waiting for "the call" from Gary.

Just kidding, bad joke. Mine gets here on Friday.

#20 10 years ago

I will be getting mine sometime next week hopefully !!

#21 10 years ago

Patiently waiting for my LE to ship.

#22 10 years ago

My pro shipped yesterday, hopefully arriving this weekend. I may go to the terminal and get it myself so I can get it by Saturday

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Cant wait to play \m/. Im considering going to Lane and Games Boston for Launch Party.
LE inbound. Really like what I have seen on the Pro so far. Honestly I dont see much I dont like.

Dude, you're a mad man. I take it your in the Boston area for business or something? Assume you can fly for free, but I might pick something closer.

To stay on topic, my LE will be on it's way in June...I hope.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

ctozzi said:

DOUBLE ditto

#25 10 years ago

<<...and it seems might reach mm level one day>>

Can we at least wait for the machine to ship first and the code to get updated? I mean, wow.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

Can we at least wait for the machine to ship first and the code to get updated? I mean, wow.

It shipped, and the code has been updated! Plus, electrocution is awesome - think of all the modding opportunities!

#27 10 years ago

<<...and it seems might reach mm level one day>>

I've played it, and the game just feels great!!
Happy this is my 1st NIB pin...now can they just get going on the LE's!!!

#28 10 years ago

Waiting for my LE very impatiently!!!

#29 10 years ago

After a few nights of ownership of this Pro model all I can say is that I reckon you ( lucky ) LE owners are going to be VERY VERY happy men !

#30 10 years ago

Waiting for my LE as well. Played the Pro yesterday and was very impressed.

#31 10 years ago

awesome guys; cant wait for my MOPLE to come

#32 10 years ago

Any owners able to give feedback on whether or not women are also liking this game? Just curious if this seems to be a 'guys only' table. I believe AC/DC got surprisingly strong female support.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Wow, if you come all the way to Boston from Florida the tokens are on me.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Cosigned.

#35 10 years ago

Any owners able to give feedback on whether or not women are also liking this game? Just curious if this seems to be a 'guys only' table. I believe AC/DC got surprisingly strong female support.

Metallica gets 100% of the male vote in my house, and I think it'll do great with teen boys and old guys on location. The only pin my wife likes is LOTR, and I'm pretty sure she'll hate Metallica!

#36 10 years ago

My pro will be here Friday. I already have FF Sub, Led's, Magnet Mylars, and Shooter Lane Protector ready to install before ball one. It's going to be a rocking weekend can't wait!

Kevin

#37 10 years ago

What time is the launch party at Lanes and Games? Best part is I can take a the train from the airport(redline). Flight is free so why not. YOLO!

I grew up in Boston. Yankees suck it.

#38 10 years ago

With all the games about to be delivered it will be nice to see other owners spend time on thier game and help work out what does what on the game with the code where it currently is ( appart from the obvious multiball starts etc).....we had a couple of things happening last night that we either (a) couldnt work out or (b) clearly arent finished in the code , but were unsure which ........so will be nice to see input about the features and code start to grow here.

#39 10 years ago

Got my pro today.
This game friggin rocks.

Even in the current unfinished and incomplete state the game is a blast.
It will only get better from here.

#40 10 years ago

Can some one post a good glass off pic of the demon under flippers please. Any un boxing vids?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Me too! The anticipation is killing me! Will it rock...will it just be okay...will it suck after the big build up? Just friggin' hurry up and build them already!!!

#42 10 years ago

Yeah would love to see a nice close up pic of the snake too

#43 10 years ago

I will get some nice pics for you all over the next few days - its the wifes birthday today so I think it best that I dont spend time taking game pics tonight hey ! - LOL

There is some excellent art on this game !

#44 10 years ago

I apologize for my mm comment I mean no offense. The two ramps positioning and middle toy just remind me of mm slightly and the hype train and total lack of availability makes me think it will be above Tron le very fast. Really don't care about it to much because I expect it to be right there with Ac/dc fun factor once code develops. The dots are so much better then avengers its not funny, really sweet animation this early. If the call puts are coded right sky is the limit.

P.s. I am jealous of pro owners it looks that damn good and might have bought that if I had seen the videos posted last week. Best pro ever may be most valuable pro ever if they don't make a long run. happy !!!!

#45 10 years ago

Ordered mine from JJ with a bank wire on Friday, machine shipped Monday from Nebraska, got it today.

Plan to place an order with PinballBulbs for LED's in the inserts and GI. Thinking about ordering a cliffy for the shooter lane. May order a sub. May order slide bars.

QUESTIONS:

#1: Are you leaving the manual stapled in place inside the cab? Or are you taking it out? Sucks that there is no manual online to reference.

#2: Anyone have quality issues with their game? Mine has messed up paint, below the speaker panel. The wood there looks like it fell onto a newspaper, then peeled off leaving a palm print on the other side.

#3: Are you guys applying mylar to the playfield below the ball drops? Seems odd that the game does not have this from the factory.

#4: Are you putting a cliffy in the shooter lane? Are you putting mylar under the cliffy?

#5: Are you putting LED's in your machine? Inserts and GI?

#6: Anyone adding a sub or Flipper Fidelity set up?

Demon per request:
IMG_4508.JPGIMG_4508.JPG

#46 10 years ago

Looking forward to June when the LE's ship out...just so you all know I wont be on Pinside too much come June

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Ordered mine from JJ with a bank wire on Friday, machine shipped Monday from Nebraska, got it today.
Plan to place an order with PinballBulbs for LED's in the inserts and GI. Thinking about ordering a cliffy for the shooter lane. May order a sub. May order slide bars.
QUESTIONS:
#1: Are you leaving the manual stapled in place inside the cab? Or are you taking it out? Sucks that there is no manual online to reference.
#2: Anyone have quality issues with their game? Mine has messed up paint, below the speaker panel. The wood there looks like it fell onto a newspaper, then peeled off leaving a palm print on the other side.
#3: Are you guys applying mylar to the playfield below the ball drops? Seems odd that the game does not have this from the factory.
#4: Are you putting a cliffy in the shooter lane? Are you putting mylar under the cliffy?
#5: Are you putting LED's in your machine? Inserts and GI?
#6: Anyone adding a sub or Flipper Fidelity set up?
Demon per request:

Would love to see a close up pic of the snake shot

#48 10 years ago

Mnhotrod.

If i was you , cliffy all around ., LEDs in inserts and some GI. I do not do Mylar so up to you. I would remove manual if you need to read it. I like pinball pro kits better but yes if you love good sound quality or Metallica musically this would be my first tradition. I am jealous of you

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Sucks that there is no manual online to reference.

I am sure there will be eventually. It will show up on this page:

http://sternpinball.com/parts.shtml

#50 10 years ago

Here are some pics for those who asked - yes I brushed off the Mrs on her birthday to do these for you guys , so appreciate it huh - LOL

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.