Topic Stats

• 16,917 posts
  • 951 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 362 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,874 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

944ED964-8F82-404F-A095-CAB0DCD9383D (resized).jpeg
7FA19559-CBD0-4C75-857C-09E37563B632 (resized).jpeg
20191127_173238 (resized).jpg
IMG_4838 (resized).JPG
20191102_232801 (resized).jpg
B37D4A93-7389-4E67-89C1-E0CA273E05D7 (resized).jpeg
867D6ECA-1374-4625-8C81-8D285482D93F (resized).jpeg
9AD0BED3-F233-40F4-946D-148F96BA06F9 (resized).jpeg
2E26B847-FAFD-43C3-AB6B-9C6A6468FDC3 (resized).jpeg
21D28BDA-F70F-4819-A77F-6F29E95BA5C6 (resized).jpeg
AE54BDEC-98AA-4CC8-9BBD-0FBE9ACB53EF (resized).jpeg
D3336573-8999-4174-8052-AB5D1A1957CE (resized).jpeg
B1ABE7EA-4853-421E-93B6-2856C9C18205 (resized).jpeg
6964778C-0F81-42C3-AC72-83AEC78B3618 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilted81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1039 5 years ago

Are you sure it's not a double jackpot while 2x scoring is active? Otherwise I would think I'd have gotten it more.. And I've only heard it twice maybe 3 times freakin love it!

#1040 5 years ago

O

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

My replacement premium showed up today, too bad they put a fork in it in the warehouse, I have to wait another week for another replacement.

IM001017.JPG 45 KB

man! your having the worst luck! prolly got blue balls from all that teasing..

1 month later
#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):
http://www.clubmoebius.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=911
Post edited by swampfire: Added pic

product-page-eyegwild.jpg 102 KB

Yea, 1/20th is too big.. Hot wheels has some cool rat rods but I don't think you'll find anything like that in 1/64 scale ebay.com link

1 week later
#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

In the Club as of Friday...LEDs and shaker motor installed!

DSC_0706.JPG 270 KB

DSC_0718.JPG 277 KB

DSC_0723.JPG 272 KB

Those purples look great! What kind and where from?

2 weeks later
#1446 5 years ago

I like the idea for progressive ciu. On a premium, in competition, ftb is the only mode anyone would play... Stern could also nerf ftb,or make some of the other modes a little more attractive. Like perhaps add more points on a different mode to focus primarily on the drop targets as these often pose a higher risk for drain than the safer orbit shots or even sparky hits..

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

hey guys , I got my new Metallica yesterday and it is awesome, I was missing a couple playfield screws, they were not in the cabinet so I guess they just forgot to install them, also the power plug was not snapped in tight so the game would not fire up, took about 5 minutes to find the problem, I got lucky they sent me the led model, it is very bright, is there anything that I should do right away besides wax the playfield? thanks

Mezel fangs and tongue decals are must haves. Just really put the finishing touches that should have been there. Course to their credit stern tried on the fangs

1 week later
#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

This is what I did to mine...

image.jpg 227 KB

That's pretty awesome!

#1533 5 years ago

im not sure if I'd want to install a metal post.. Is it just that the plastic has too much flex? Was there ever a more suitable solution found? Maybee a metal post could be turned on a lathe and fitted with a nylon cap? I have acess to a lathe thoughts?

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Metal post is the fix if your machine does it. Not sure why you would be nervous about it being that the old Williams games used metal up posts, in fact it's the TOTAN up post that is the "fix" IIRC.

With a metal post there I can just see myself cringing every time someone pulls the plunger all the way back and it connects with a thud. Granted, an orbit shot does the same.. But totan doesn't take the abuse off every plunge. I'm not a noob but I haven't owned another game where the ball is caught with a metal post in this manor so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. ive prolly played some and didn't know it tho...

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"Someone" needs to learn the super skill shot No reason for any plunge to hit that post when the playfield super or lane 2x is much more lucrative than the normal skillshot.

im not the only person who plays it. that comment is related to family or non pinheads

1 week later
#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this..

I know what ya mean.. Especially when you look at the prices of those 20+ year old games.. About the same

1 week later
#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on a custom shooter rod for my Metallica. Bought a miniature skull from some Thailand eBay shop, sculpted an electric chair helmet and eyes out of Kneadatite, and gave it all a paint job.
Need to clear coat it and buy a new blank shooter rod from Terry, it's on the back side of an existing one for the pic.

image-844.jpg 102 KB

image-459.jpg 87 KB

image-419.jpg 92 KB

I picked up the same skull a few weeks ago... Still not sure if I like its placement on mine but a couple of my buddies thought it was cool

image.jpg
1 week later
#1795 4 years ago

Blue superbands n boney bats

image.jpg
1 month later
#2224 4 years ago

Hey fellas just replaced the cube w/ captive.. first impressions are positive anyhow went w/ an orange glo-ball not sure how it may hold up but thought it was pic worthy

image.jpg image-417.jpg
2 months later
#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Further adventures of subtle change Sunday. I have no justification for how much this bothered me, but it did. And now it's better.
Before:
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
After:
What?

Looks much better! It may loose strength but personally id router a small line through all the artwork till the end of the smoke trail.. I'd think you'd gain the detail back while keeping the cool orange glow

2 months later
#4319 4 years ago

I actually like the feature. Gives a feeling of accomplishment to the shot. How hard would it be to make a 3d cover that flips up from the backside of say a rock or broken tombstone to cover it? That way it would truly appear out of nowhere :edit: I just sent a pm to mezel about this fingers crossed

1 week later
#4378 4 years ago

I dunno about screws... Depending how small the piece is it might split, or crack. amazon.com link »

#4379 4 years ago

That stuffs my suggestion. It's sandable and paintable I believe. Buddy fixed a cracked rim on his razor with it and it even held air while on the trail. no b.s.

#4382 4 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't even attempt a fix though without removing sparky completely. Real drag man sorry to hear about this. I've often wondered myself if there was a chance that could happen. I'd be interested in pics both of damage and to see how it turns out.. If your spark's stock it might even be good timing to go custom

#4397 4 years ago

That stuffs specifically for plastic, not your typical epoxy. Adding a pin would also be a good idea. Just make sure the surface is clean. And it might even be a good idea to scuff it lightly.. To
Further aid in adhesion, but at the same time I'd want it to be as exact a fit as possibly so roughing the surface without distorting it could be a challenge. It is almost an instant bond so be careful and precise. I'd reccomend trials before grabbing the bull by the horns. Snap a plastic ruler in half and fix it etc.

1 month later
#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nice flippers, but I like this look better....

20150519_134159.jpg

Eye of the beholder
I like mine, but all are good choices

image.jpg

#4619 4 years ago

I've got the flipper fidelity big 10" kit in mine and it rocks! Very pleased with it. Or you can go the powered sub route

#4622 4 years ago

If you go the powered sub route just dont buy the pioneer 8" one I did and regret it

#4627 4 years ago

You can either alligator clip speaker wire to the speaker terminals and run the wire out the bottom to the subwoofer inputs or use one of these http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

#4629 4 years ago

No. On the premium you'll need to relocate the right service rail. It's simple and mikes got pics on the site. I think I have pics as well from when I did mine. No drilling, a simple taking out of the 2 screws and using the threaded end of one of the playfield posts for your new mounting location.

1 month later
#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

rather see the art on a clean white base.

Any idea if those are signed as well? Or is it just the le posters?

#4916 4 years ago

Should look nice next to my metallica beer can ha.

#4927 4 years ago

Dude I'm bummed just got an email.. I bought one about an hour after they went on sale, and now they are saying it was already sold out I'd imagine some of you will be getting one as well.. Grrrr

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think he's talking about the Dirty Donny print, not the pinball?

Yea, sry to bring my rant here I'm pretty butt-hurt about it

1 week later
#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

the snakes eyes are all wrong too.

snake.jpg

Bah, black sharpie e'll take care of that

#5035 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The biggest mistake I made since owning MET Pro LED is to give it a real good cleaning. After cleaning I can barely hit 200Million
12191937_10205246003170312_3112490901334749144_n.jpg

just wait till ya replace the black rubber with white or trans, holy hell!

1 week later
#5124 3 years ago

Jeesh, that would surely put it over the top...

#5138 3 years ago

I'd like it if they added a mode(s) that had music bits from a song or 2 not currently on the machine.. Even if it just cut into another solo: I just love how lady justice mode cuts into the guts of ONE!

#5140 3 years ago

image.jpegThinking out loud here, but a lady justice topper with a servo controlled scale that would tilt one way or another while comboing ramps would be pretty awesome... I would think it could be controlled off of the ramp switches..?

3 weeks later
#5427 3 years ago

If ya spent ~5k on the game and ~100 bucks on a powered sub just do yourself a favor and spend the 35 on the pinnovator sub output board. I've got em on 2 games and they rock, much better than ghetto gator clips. Less than 5 min install, and you can pull it out just as fast to plop in another game for experimenting, or sale. Side note I had a pioneer sw-8 that was laughable runnin gator clips. Off the board it's formidable, big difference. Not a clue y

#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Did you run the wire out the top vent screen or dropped it into the cabinet and out the bottom vent screen?

Late here but yea out the top's the way to go. Glad ya like it... I was pretty happy with mine screw those gator clips

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm a believer in the kit now.

Glad you like it, I about crapped myself when I first fired it up on that little pioneer 8". It almost makes me wanna try thier passive splitter, N see how well it works..

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I also don't think better backbox speakers will make a difference. Problem is the game is in mono, and the sound is downgraded to 22KHz audio. The highs and mids are lost during this down conversion, and better speakers won't sound much better as the reason the quality isn't great is simply the audio being pumped through the speakers itself. You would essentially be polishing a turd by spending money on new backbox speakers.. IMHO.

I upgraded mine and felt it sounded better. Those stock cheesy 4" drivers don't accurately reproduce highs. The big question is does the clarity outweigh the cost? Moving forward music pins would prolly be the only games I would personally change the speakers on, but that's just my opinion. would your average joe notice or care about the upgrade? No. Mute point but the upgraded speakers look a lot better if you have the speaker led lights on em too

#5538 3 years ago

Edit: yea, I would imagine the coaxial system would help improve while still using external sub

1 week later
#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

'The Four Horseman' will replace 'One' as someone suggested, I know 'One' is a great song but just not really ideal IMO as I prefer faster songs for the pinball.

I agree with the faster song part, sometimes it seems like it takes forever for it to get going, but this is gonna jack up lady justice mode so for me it's a no no.

3 weeks later
#5962 3 years ago

Right before my Super Bowl party my game takes a shit. The problem everyone seems to have had with the sparky coil sticking seems to have just happened to my snake! I turned the game on and the snake jaw just started goin crazy so I checked it out and the little coil that pulls that latch won't let go of it.. So the jaw won't latch.. Anyone with experience on these coils have a good place to start? Do I just need to replace that lil coil?

#5964 3 years ago

good idea, I think there's like 3 switches off that thing..

#5969 3 years ago

Yea, switches all check out. It's like the coil's holding the latch.. Didn't see any blown fuses figured it couldn't be that simple

#5971 3 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that tomorrow. Do I still have to replace the coil? It's froze up I'd be afraid it would instant burn up...

#5977 3 years ago

Got it fixed.. The adjustment screw for the snake jaw had gotten loose at some point and walked it's way up just enough so that the latch would not flip up. Next time ya'll are under there ya might wanna make sure that jam nuts tight! I really thought this was gonna be electronics related. What a relief!

1 week later
#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I just got my met premium last week, and last night I noticed that the hammer was dropping a second time right after the ball when under the playfield? Is this the Phantom hits everyone talks about or just a switch out of wack. It didn't happen at all before? Thanks ahead of time for the help

No the phantom hits are as if it was locking a ball, but there is no ball there. I saw mine do it once but not since the last couple updates.

3 months later
#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod

Did you make the extra 3-d body ya got on there? Mirror is a good idea but it's lacking aesthetically. Maybee tie some lights into the lane indicator. I've got a skull where your mirror is. Right eye = right lane... Just throwing it out there..

#7187 3 years ago

I just put it there to cover that screw from the post. Got it off eBay.. Popped it off and put a tape to it looks like 1 1/4 inch tall by 1 3/4 deep. Brackets something I banged outta some tin laying around. Not sure if I can find the listing as I bought it over a year ago. I'll pm what I dig up.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#7396 3 years ago

Just wanna say thanks to Lyman for not only giving more importance to the pic targets, but finally addressing the spinner w/ some righteous reasoning to rip them!

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You only get 1 shot of elevated points per completion of pic targets. The problem is that there's nothing to tell you the spinner is ready to be hit for higher points.

I agree.. Should tell ya to rip the spinner. I changed my settings to carry pic targets ball to ball now and by the last ball the spinner values pretty good

1 week later
#7646 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I love "One" but its really out of place in this machine.

Lady justice mode: The fact it cuts right into the guts of the solo is more than enough reason to keep it in...at least imo. Otherwise yer gonna get stuck with something in that slot underwhelming.

#7654 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have AJFA, as well, and like Hougie posted, it not only fits the mode, it cuts in at the perfect spot, especially as the mode starts to end and the solo tempo almost counts down for you.

Well then, I stand corrected ajfa > one... Just dumb luck it fits right tho. I might even give it a try

#7751 3 years ago

I put flipper fidelity's big 10" kit in mine and was pretty happy w/ it. If I had to do it again I might just replace the backbox speakers and run the powered sub w/ the pinnovator board.

#7803 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ?

Tip of the right flipper as its rolling down the flipper.. It takes a lil practice. It's harder to hit w/ superbands than regular rubber.. Imo

1 month later
#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I watched videos of the creeping death mod and didn't care for it. I saw it live at Pintastic and bought it on the spot. It is so impressive in action. I thought those light bars looked out of place in the video, but when you see the effect, OMG. Love it.

I've always been more partial to mirror blades myself but I got the kit, put on the side art n thought "ok that looks alright" hooked up the light bars n thought " that is kinda meh" then wired em in... Well it's been on there over 2 years now... When I play games without it they feel lacking. My favorite part is the strobing before starting sparky multiball

4 months later
#8980 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How much are they raising the prices on a met pro next year?!

I'd suspect 300.. I think that's about what the last increase was... and the one before...

#8984 2 years ago

Like walking dead or imve... I'm sure It can be done but the bigger question is: do you really wanna drill a hole into your pf that big?!

#8987 2 years ago

I think he's talkin about ones like these

IMG_3242 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#10518 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Added a P-40 Warhawk over the Mystery hole. FWTBT is my favorite animation in the game.

I like the p-40 different but nice touch

8 months later
#12177 1 year ago

Anybody know offhand what page Aurich’s coin slot inserts are? Or has it saved to share? Maybee we could tag them to the top for quick link?

1 year later
#16827 43 days ago

Wow that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen!

#16829 43 days ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Is there a setting that allows you to keep the grave stones that you've knocked down from one ball to another? Or, is the only option that they reset at the start of each ball. Thanks!

Drops always reset. I recommend setting to carry over the pic targets tho!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilted81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside