C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 434.
#1751 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still working it all out, but I'll say it's not a translite.

Ok, keep telling us what its not!

#1752 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still working it all out, but I'll say it's not a translite.

Rats!

#1753 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

My plunger sits off to the left and actually touches the autoplunger

My plunger is not lined up with my shooter lane either. It's offset to the left big time. Stern QC must have been on a lunch break. My ball bobbles it's way out of the shooter lane each time and loses lots of momentum. What's the best fix for this? Is it too much to ask for a clean, straight ball launch?

#1754 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok, keep telling us what its not!

It's not done!

When I get it to even beta testing and have the scope and costs roughed out I'll show what's up, but still in the early tinkering and art stage.

I'm not touching the Metallica brand, too much of a 3rd rail. I guess that's the only other hint I'll give, nothing with the Metallica name on it. Besides, I think people are mostly happy with their translites. I have the LE, so I wouldn't swap mine anyways.

#1755 9 years ago

Got my Mezelmod Fuel backlight in early this morning! Looking forward to installing it later today.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/metallica/products/metallica-fuel-backlight

I'll provide before and after pics. Hopefully, it'll be dark enough when I go install. Wait, what am I saying, it gets dark at almost 1630 now....of course it'll be dark enough by then!

#1756 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not touching the Metallica brand, too much of a 3rd rail. I guess that's the only other hint I'll give, nothing with the Metallica name on it. Besides, I think people are mostly happy with their translites. I have the LE, so I wouldn't swap mine anyways.

Yeah, Yeah. I know.

I'd be happier with mine if I could get Monsters Premium for not too much. Don't really like the Pro version.

#1757 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Got my Sparky air ball deflector from Rick. Works awesome! All those air balls from his feet was one of my pet peeves with the game. I highly recommend this. Thanks Rick!

I clearly missed where to find Rick or his air ball deflector when browsing through the tread. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

#1758 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My plunger is not lined up with my shooter lane either. It's offset to the left big time. Stern QC must have been on a lunch break. My ball bobbles it's way out of the shooter lane each time and loses lots of momentum. What's the best fix for this? Is it too much to ask for a clean, straight ball launch?

I couldn't find any way to adjust it with what was there, so I just put a little cardboard shim under one side of the front of the shooter housing to force it into being straight. Fixed the issue and you can't see the shim. Way better when the plunger contacts the ball dead on, that's for sure, and I'm guessing its better for the shooter lane too.

#1759 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I clearly missed where to find Rick or his air ball deflector when browsing through the tread. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Send a PM to Pinsider Rickwh.

#1760 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I couldn't find any way to adjust it with what was there, so I just put a little cardboard shim under one side of the front of the shooter housing to force it into being straight. Fixed the issue and you can't see the shim. Way better when the plunger contacts the ball dead on, that's for sure, and I'm guessing its better for the shooter lane too.

I appreciate the tip. I'll probably end up doing that. Anyone else have this issue? Any other possible fixes?

#1761 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

You lazy sons of bitc..... just kidding .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/32#post-2040042

JNewton summed it up well, but just in case - for posterity sake - the link above will take you to Rick's original post and offer. WELL..... worth it.

#1762 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

WELL..... worth it.

You bet it is, REAL easy to install. Removed one nut on the right side and one hex post on the left side but had to make that hole bigger so it would fit, that hole was a little off. When I put the hex post back on I had to put a washer down first then screw on the hex post. It really prevents air balls but I hope it doesn't get foggy from ball strikes.

#1763 9 years ago

Has anyone added bulb sockets to a Pro in order to achieve GI similar to an LE?

#1764 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words folks.

I have started asking for $7 for sparky plastic shipped to a USPS address. The padded cushion envelope I use costs $1.19 + tax and the first class postage is ~$2.30. So I raised the price to compensate.

Also to help with the minor fitment issues that have some folks have had, I have started test fitting each and every plastic I send out in my Met pro. So that should keep you all from having any issues (I hope).

I made 6 up over the weekend last weekend and 4 of them are spoken for so 2 more and then I'll have to make a new batch. I only have time to work on these on the weekends so if I'm out then I'll make anther batch the following weekend or so.

Rick
Thanks

#1765 9 years ago

Thanks for making these Rick. PM sent for Sparky Plastic.

#1766 9 years ago

PM sent.

#1767 9 years ago

Has anyone considered adding the 2 missing flashers to Sparky? There seems to be 4 flasher holes, but only 2 are used.

Rob

#1768 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone considered adding the 2 missing flashers to Sparky? There seems to be 4 flasher holes, but only 2 are used.
Rob

Glad you mentioned this I thought I had a wiring issue lol

#1769 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Has anyone added bulb sockets to a Pro in order to achieve GI similar to an LE?

Id love to figure out a way to replicate the gi from a prem or even to set the color based on modes in general. Lots of peeps doing things like that to other titles so doesnt seem that far fetched. Just above my skillz at the moment.

#1770 9 years ago

So, I installed the Fuel backing lights from Mezelmods. Now here's the problem:

20141208_221953.jpg20141208_221953.jpg

So, I never thought that the LE/Prem having one solid Fuel target and the Pro having two small ones would be a big deal until tonight. The LE/Prem has one single target with the brackets built to accommodate the Fuel lights. The Pro has two targets, and the empty space between the two target brackets is too small to allow proper installation of the Fuel lights - unless you space out the targets like I have, and as you can see, that just doesn't present well.

In terms of function, the targets work GREAT - I haven't been "robbed" once yet, but the presentation is just ... ugh.

So, I am thinking if the wiring of the LE/Premium matches the wiring of the Pro, I could just substitute a LE/Prem target into my Pro and call it a day!

If not, maybe I can modify the MezelMod hard plastic that is holding the lights to where it will fit the Pro.

Either way, something's got to change =/ ....

Would someone be willing to prop their playfield up and take me a couple GOOD pictures of this area, clearly displaying the wires including color, orientation and where those wires go on the LE/Prem target?

#1771 9 years ago

Already got an idea. I'll get some bulb sockets and install the sockets around the Fuel targets (with them in their original spots) with some flex LEDs in place, and then boom - all better!

sheesh. I scare myself sometimes.

Now, I can either return this kit to Mezelmods or sell it to someone here. Someone wants it, make an offer ($30 plus shipping). If not, I'll strip it for parts or give it to someone that has given me my fair share of help in this community.

I'll post pictures of my DIY mod when I have the parts to do it and the assembly is ready for display. (It's basically Vid's $4.18 flipper button light up mod)

#1772 9 years ago

NPO - Here are some picks from my LE. Hope they help. Click on them for higher res versions.

post 1.jpgpost 1.jpgpost 2.jpgpost 2.jpgpost 3.jpgpost 3.jpg

#1773 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I installed the Fuel backing lights from Mezelmods. Now here's the problem:

I removed both spotlights on the slings, and I re-ran the harness underneath to the Fuel bar. I removed the spotlight shield and installed a flex red. The sling spotlight on the right I re-ran to the Mystery scoop underneath. I don't miss the spotlights on the slings at all. In fact, I was tired of them getting knocked around, and I like the view of the inlane/outlanes better, too!

FUEL Bar Light Underneath.jpgFUEL Bar Light Underneath.jpgMETLE No Spots.JPGMETLE No Spots.JPGSpotlight FUEL.JPGSpotlight FUEL.JPGSpotlight Scoop.JPGSpotlight Scoop.JPG

#1774 9 years ago

Maybe this has been mentioned before but on Stern's site it says the Pro & Premium are SOLD OUT.

Any thoughts?

#1775 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I removed both spotlights on the slings, and I re-ran the harness underneath to the Fuel bar. I removed the spotlight shield and installed a flex red. KB

Great idea, I'll be doing this soon.

#1776 9 years ago

I might remove my spotlights too. The game is so much cleaner looking without them, and I just don't find them necessary personally.

#1777 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I added a washer to the outside of my right side bolt(But still within the black plastic housing) which brought the rod to the right and almost center.

#1778 9 years ago

So is anyone having the left spinner rejecting shot? I shoot the ball up there and the spinner kinda flip up some and the ball gets bounce back. Any ideas to fix/adjust? I checked other Metallica machines pic's and it looks the same. Want to know if anyone is experiencing this. Aurich or anyone else having this issue? Thanks

#1779 9 years ago

I'm not having any spinner rejects, no, haven't seen that. I assume you've tried hand flipping the spinner to check that it's spinning freely?

#1780 9 years ago

I havent had any rejects. I would do as Aurich suggests and make sure its not getting hung up..

#1781 9 years ago

Joining the club! New LED Pro arrives tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

#1782 9 years ago

Do you guys think that the code is 100%?

#1783 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I think it's about as close to 100% as you could get. I remember when I first played Metallica. I was so excited, but the code was so infant that I hated the game. I finally decided to buy one because of how great everyone said the game was now. I could't be happier with the game. I don't know how much more they could do with they code. I'm sure they could always do something else, but for me personally, I'd say it's 100%.

#1784 9 years ago

Can someone explain the piston shot to me? I don't really understand it. I know it has a few different uses.

-I know that double scoring is started by hitting that shot (when the arrow is lit????). How do you get double scoring qualified to start?

-There are 3 inserts below the arrow, I think these are the pistons? When these are lit, hit the shot to "blow" the pistons? X amount of pistons = extra ball? So if 2 of the 3 insert are lit, and I shoot the piston shot, does that blow 2 pistons? How Do I light those piston inserts? Do they light with 10 hits to the associated pop bumper?

I think I'm pretty close here, just want to know what lights tot shot to start double scoring and want to know more about these blown pistons.....

Thanks!

#1785 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone explain the piston shot to me? I don't really understand it. I know it has a few different uses.
-I know that double scoring is started by hitting that shot (when the arrow is lit????). How do you get double scoring qualified to start?
-There are 3 inserts below the arrow, I think these are the pistons? When these are lit, hit the shot to "blow" the pistons? X amount of pistons = extra ball? So if 2 of the 3 insert are lit, and I shoot the piston shot, does that blow 2 pistons? How Do I light those piston inserts? Do they light with 10 hits to the associated pop bumper?
I think I'm pretty close here, just want to know what lights tot shot to start double scoring and want to know more about these blown pistons.....
Thanks!

Good questions. I can't wait to hear the answers.

here is what I think I know:

-the 3 icons under the arrow correspond to the pop bumpers. I think they light after a certain number of hits to each pop.
-each time you spell fuel and light another spot on the fuel meter (center playfield), I think it lights the red arrow on the piston target for a 30 second "Yeah double score" timer.

#1786 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I have it on reasonably good authority that there are spinner rules intended for the LE/Prem. When or if that materializes is a complete guess.

#1787 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Spell FUEL (4x fuel target hits) to light 2X, shoot the lane to start 2X for 20 sec (default). You can reset the 2X timer to 20 sec by shooting the lane during 2X. You can also light 2X on a super skill shot to the fuel lane

-There are 3 inserts below the arrow, I think these are the pistons? When these are lit, hit the shot to "blow" the pistons? X amount of pistons = extra ball? So if 2 of the 3 insert are lit, and I shoot the piston shot, does that blow 2 pistons?

Sort of. As far as I can tell (or remember) you get ONE blown piston if you shoot the fuel lane with the 3 inserts lit (solid or flashing). I don't believe there is anything more than a few small bonus points and an EB at 10x of them. Flashing or solid makes no difference last I checked. Note I could be unaware of other 'meaningful' benefits of blown pistons and the fuel lane shot, but I think I'm fairly on-top of it.

How Do I light those piston inserts? Do they light with 10 hits to the associated pop bumper?

Yes. You complete a pop bumper and it will light one corresponding insert solid; complete it again, the insert will flash. In my very brief testing, there is no advantage to having them flash. You MIGHT get awarded 2 blown pistons if all 3 are flashing but I don't think that's the case IIRC. Just a few marginal extra points. (50k per piston or something - ie: useless points in any reasonably good game)

Thanks!

The piston rules are basically a non-feature as far as I have seen. Shame because they are pretty interesting in theory, just really no payoff to it all. The fuel lane has three major uses: 2X scoring, combo collect, and it can be lit for certain modes (coffin, blackened, and CIU modes). Beyond that I would never ever shoot it intentionally.

#1788 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The fuel lane has three major uses: 2X scoring, combo collect, and it can be lit for certain modes (coffin, blackened, and CIU modes). Beyond that I would never ever shoot it intentionally.

Don't forget the End of the Line jackpots. Shoot the right ramp and then straight to the fuel lane and it awards one. They aren't to bad at first but as the ball goes on can get pretty big (like Tron's) especially if 2x is going.

#1789 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks for the kind words folks.
I have started asking for $7 for sparky plastic shipped to a USPS address. The padded cushion envelope I use costs $1.19 + tax and the first class postage is ~$2.30. So I raised the price to compensate.
Also to help with the minor fitment issues that have some folks have had, I have started test fitting each and every plastic I send out in my Met pro. So that should keep you all from having any issues (I hope).
I made 6 up over the weekend last weekend and 4 of them are spoken for so 2 more and then I'll have to make a new batch. I only have time to work on these on the weekends so if I'm out then I'll make anther batch the following weekend or so.
Rick
Thanks

best 7$ mod I've ever bought! no more airballs, thanks man.
jordan

#1790 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

best 7$ mod I've ever bought! no more airballs, thanks man.
jordan

I agree! I enjoy the game quite a bit more without airballs flying in every direction, thanks again Rick!

#1791 9 years ago

What color Super-Bands are you guys running on your Met's? Pics please.

#1792 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Black.

#1794 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Blue with the stock yellow bats, matches amazingly well with the blue and yellow of the artwork around it.

#1795 9 years ago

Blue superbands n boney bats

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1796 9 years ago

Purple super bands and stock yellow bats.

#1797 9 years ago

Boney bats with yellow super bands. I like the glow they get with the purple lighting.(crappy pic!)

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1798 9 years ago

Black bats with orange regular flipper rubber.

#1799 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Purple super bands and stock yellow bats.

Me too

#1800 9 years ago

Well I have to say after about 4 weeks of owning this pin and waiting for the "honey-moon" phase to be over I'm still lovin' it!

I haven't had the pleasure of playing a Premium or LE yet, but my Pro sure does satisfy my needs! I especially like hitting the "Fuel" shot for the sound of it alone as I'm an ex-drag racer.(with sound turned up and an external sub of course).

Great pin for the money as far as I'm concerned!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.