Topic Stats

• 16,854 posts
  • 947 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 338.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Well I have to say after about 4 weeks of owning this pin and waiting for the "honey-moon" phase to be over I'm still lovin' it!
I haven't had the pleasure of playing a Premium or LE yet, but my Pro sure does satisfy my needs! I especially like hitting the "Fuel" shot for the sound of it alone as I'm an ex-drag racer.(with sound turned up and an external sub of course).
Great pin for the money as far as I'm concerned!

If you're anything like me you'll be buzzed off it for a lot longer than 4 weeks. For me it's easily one of the best pins Stern has made. It's why I sprung for the LE. (HUO after code was almost final!)

I'm slowly working on modding and pimping mine out, tastefully of course. But it's a great canvas to get a little creative on too.

#1802 4 years ago

I hear ya Ron after 9 months I still love my Pro, it's a Refinery though. I've put 3 homemade light up mods on mine and will be putting the Creeping Death mod on soon. What mods do you have on yours?

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear ya Ron after 9 months I still love my Pro, it's a Refinery though. I've put 3 homemade light up mods on mine and will be putting the Creeping Death mod on soon. What mods do you have on yours?

I have my Refinery Premium since July, and it is still my favorite game. It is the only game I have ever owned that I play almost daily. I am still terrible at it though. lol

What is the Creeping Death mod?

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

What is the Creeping Death mod?

Go to the Refinery web site to read and watch a vid of it. It's great.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Go to the Refinery web site to read and watch a vid of it. It's great.

I have that one on mine, but I never knew the name of it. It is one of my favorite mods on the machine.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What mods do you have on yours?

Started out with service rails, although not really a mod but I find it a necessity to do mods/service.

Shaker, Snake & Mystery Scoop flashers, Keith's Sparky plastic, Sparky helmet el wire, full Cliffy set, snake fangs & tongue, Rock Custom under-cab light kit and speakerlightkits.com kit with tie-in harness to match under-cab lighting sequence, which is really nice especially during Sparky hits/mb along with the CD lights, lights up the whole room!

And of course the Creeping Death lights and side-art. I find the lights to be blinding when standing to the side watching someone play, so I contacted Gio/Steve at Pinball Refinery and was able to order an extra set of the lightning decals that currently are on the sides of the plastic light rails, of which I'm going to apply to the top.

Thinking about upgrading the stock speakers like Kosmo did and I have a few little ideas brewing. I'll throw a few pics up when I'm done.

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't forget the End of the Line jackpots. Shoot the right ramp and then straight to the fuel lane and it awards one. They aren't to bad at first but as the ball goes on can get pretty big (like Tron's) especially if 2x is going.

Yeah that's what I meant as 'combo collect'. I don't think they build much over the course of a ball but are based on the number of shots in the combo being 'ended'. I never intentionally shoot for them frankly on Metallica as there is usually better places for points.

Actually now that I write this there is another use for that lane: the FUEL mode jackpot.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

What color Super-Bands are you guys running on your Met's? Pics please.

I am using the aluminum billet bats with black superbands. Metal! Looks awesome! Hopefully I will be able to add aluminum billet drops someday.

#1809 4 years ago

Well I finally joined the club last week. I love this friggin game! I bought a monsters premiumimage.jpg

Does anyone have any backbox lighting ideas or mods? Thinking of doing light up speaker mod as well.
I'm waiting for the captive ball and fangs to show up and I just got my snake mouth light mod and tongue decal. I am going to have a family member paint up sparky and I'll probably wire his helmet. Also going to get a sub at the next sale. Anything else I need? I don't want to go crazy(yeah right) but want to bling it out a little. It's tough to

I'm still trying to learn the rules but I'll get there. Any tips I need to know. Or any good places with good guides to learning them?

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Well I finally joined the club last week. I love this friggin game! I bought a monsters premium
Does anyone have any backbox lighting ideas or mods? Thinking of doing light up speaker mod as well.
I'm waiting for the captive ball and fangs to show up and I just got my snake mouth light mod and tongue decal. I am going to have a family member paint up sparky and I'll probably wire his helmet. Also going to get a sub at the next sale. Anything else I need? I don't want to go crazy(yeah right) but want to bling it out a little. It's tough to
I'm still trying to learn the rules but I'll get there. Any tips I need to know. Or any good places with good guides to learning them?

image.jpg 83 KB

You really can't go wrong with the backbox and speaker lighting from Pinball Refinery. It really does add a lot to the game. You can also add undercab lighting and color dmd that all ties together to complete the effect. I really couldn't imagine my game without all of these mods, as the experience is just incredible.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Started out with service rails, although not really a mod but I find it a necessity to do mods/service.
Shaker, Snake & Mystery Scoop flashers, Keith's Sparky plastic, Sparky helmet el wire, full Cliffy set, snake fangs & tongue, Rock Custom under-cab light kit and speakerlightkits.com kit with tie-in harness to match under-cab lighting sequence, which is really nice especially during Sparky hits/mb along with the CD lights, lights up the whole room!
And of course the Creeping Death lights and side-art. I find the lights to be blinding when standing to the side watching someone play, so I contacted Gio/Steve at Pinball Refinery and was able to order an extra set of the lightning decals that currently are on the sides of the plastic light rails, of which I'm going to apply to the top.
Thinking about upgrading the stock speakers like Kosmo did and I have a few little ideas brewing. I'll throw a few pics up when I'm done.

Nice bling, I'm waiting for my friend to come over and help me put the Creeping Death stickers on. I also have a small plasma disc to the right of Sparky and the light up skull mod I made to the left of Sparky, Modfathers flashing skulls on the speaker panel and a big light up audio equalizer as a topper. It really lights up back there now.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Do you guys think that the code is 100%?

No. Only because I've heard through the grape vine that Lyman has been working on Metallica again. This is not first-hand information to be fair, but I think its reliable.

The game certainly could be considered as complete now but I'm not going to complain if he makes it even better.

#1813 4 years ago

Ahhh Metallica.. So close to my heart. My le will never leave, second favorite game with my headphone kit.

#1814 4 years ago

I got my sparky protector installed and no more air balls there! I almost feel guilty only paying $5 for this!! Thanks again. I also printed out some custom apron cards, applied some carnuba wax to the playfield and pulled off the plastic deal that goes over the right side wireform. I really don't seen balls flying off of there. Upgraded the code to 1.63 as well.

#1815 4 years ago

I would like to make my own Sparky Protector, has anyone posted up a scan of the changes made from the original the game shipped with? IE: How far out you extend the plastic from Saprkys feet?

Thanks in advance

#1816 4 years ago

After three days at home with the new MET, I am really glad I bought this machine. It sure rocks with an external sub!! Now to decide what mods it will get. Can't wait to get home and put some more plays on my new machine!!!

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I would like to make my own Sparky Protector, has anyone posted up a scan of the changes made from the original the game shipped with? IE: How far out you extend the plastic from Saprkys feet?
Thanks in advance

I took the stock plastic and outlined it on some plexi. Then I just connected the end and made a straight line where the factory one curves back towards sparky. Works great for me. For the cost it would be easier to buy the premade one but if you are a DIY person like me I found that to be the easiest way to do it.

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Thanks in advance

On the ones i make i trace the existing plastic, then slide the plastic up so the bottom middle (flat part right between sparkys knees over the target) lines up with the line i drew for the current opening. That sounds a lot more complicated than it is. Basically i make the width of the plastic 2x what it is from the factory as measured from sparkys chair back towards the flippers.

Hope that helps.

#1819 4 years ago

Heres a pic of some sparky plasitcs i made a few weeks ago. Hopefully u can see the original outline of the plastic and then where i made the new cut.

20141116_133802.jpg

#1820 4 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Already made one up, like 85vette and it's great. NO MORE AIRBALLS on the first 5 games after, I was getting them all the time before.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Thanks for the help guys. Already made one up, like 85vette and it's great. NO MORE AIRBALLS on the first 5 games after, I was getting them all the time before.

Rock on!

#1822 4 years ago

Does anybody that has an EL wire mod on sparky have trouble keeping it stuck to his helmet? Mine keeps coming off and dangling near the pops. I put some double sided 3m tape on to try and re-enforce, but it still won't stay. I was thinking about using rubber cement next. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Gabe

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Does anybody that has an EL wire mod on sparky have trouble keeping it stuck to his helmet? Mine keeps coming off and dangling near the pops. I put some double sided 3m tape on to try and re-enforce, but it still won't stay. I was thinking about using rubber cement next. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Gabe

I used sticky tack. Works great, needs adjusted every so often but holds well and doesn't leave any marks.

#1824 4 years ago

Thanks,
Gabe

Small dab of Krazy glue did the trick for me.

#1825 4 years ago

Hot glue. Works like a champ and not permanent.

#1826 4 years ago

Thanks,
Gabe

My wire actually goes into the helmet. Gio at PBR said it looks better this way, so I gave him the go on it, not sure what he used to secure the wire in there but it hasn't came out.

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I got my sparky protector installed and no more air balls there! I almost feel guilty only paying $5 for this!! Thanks again. I also printed out some custom apron cards, applied some carnuba wax to the playfield and pulled off the plastic deal that goes over the right side wireform. I really don't seen balls flying off of there. Upgraded the code to 1.63 as well.

yes Metallica owners, there is no need for that clear piece of plastic over the wireform. Mine has been removed since September and not one issue. Its a lot cleaner look to the game.

#1828 4 years ago

I am using the aluminum billet bats with black superbands. Metal! Looks awesome! Hopefully I will be able to add aluminum billet drops someday.

gotta pic? Who sells aluminum flipper bats?

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not having any spinner rejects, no, haven't seen that. I assume you've tried hand flipping the spinner to check that it's spinning freely?

spins freely, just it does not sit vertical straight up and down when its at rest.. The bottom is lifted up some when spinner is a rest, so when a shot to the spinner happens it appears the ball hits in the lifted part of spinner, a clunk noise is heard and the ball rolls back to the flippers. It does not do this all the time, but it does do it every game, since I got it new. I seen pictures of other Metallica tables and the spinner isn't vertically straight up and down either, all seemed to lift up abit when at rest. It real frustrating to hear it go "clunk" and the ball comes back to the flippers. Don't know what adjustment can be made to level the spinner, anyone else have this issue?

#1830 4 years ago

Several people asked me for my Metallica coin reject graphics, and I told them I'd put them up when I finished a few more. Got off my ass and did that last night, so they're here if anyone wants them:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-coin-reject-inserts-for-modern-sterns-10-games

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

gotta pic? Who sells aluminum flipper bats?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3145

They look awesome! You may just need to buff them to get them shiny. I will post a pic when I get home. Since they are heavier than a regular flipper, they have a slightly different feel, but not too much.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Heres a pic of some sparky plasitcs i made a few weeks ago. Hopefully u can see the original outline of the plastic and then where i made the new cut.

20141116_133802.jpg 108 KB

Hey RickH, finally put on the airball deflector.
Both holes did not line up, so had to use the dremel for a few seconds on each hole, its all good. Hex post and the lock nut cover up the imperfections of the bigger holes I made. 15 min.sparky.jpg

#1834 4 years ago

Trouble with the left spinner rejecting the ball, and bounce out back to flippers. Here's a pic. Nothing I see is the culprit, except maybe the spinner is not centered in the lane, its abit more towards the rail, but far enough where its not hitting. What do you see in the pic that looks NOT right or needs adjusting? Thanks

spin.jpg spinn.jpg
#1835 4 years ago

Hello everyone. Just wanted to put the word out that ive had some sickness in the family and therefore have had a week or two delay in making sparky plastics. Im a bit backlogged. But should be shipping out Monday or Tuesday this week. I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. I will get to everyone in the orde that you contacted me. Thank you!

#1837 4 years ago

Anyone know if the sparky head is adjustable? Mine and a friend of mine both have sparky looking off to the side quite a bit. I've tried spinning the head but it goes back to the same position. Pick added.20141211_145828.jpg

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope everything is OK now Rick.

everyone is back in pretty much 100% now. All four of us passed a nasty cold around and really knocked us for a loop. Wife even progressed into an infection in her chest and ears. So she was under the weather for the longest. So while the wife is under the weather things like pinball go to the back burner.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

What do you see in the pic that looks NOT right or needs adjusting?

The bow in the top of bracket looks too big in that second pic. It's not easy to straighten them, but I think you need it straighter than that. Use both hands and try to (carefully) bend it straighter. Assuming the spinner wire isn't bent (compare it to the other one), do NOT bend the spinner wire! Just the bracket.

Also, add a small drop of light oil to each pivot point (where the spinner wire touches the bracket).

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if the sparky head is adjustable? Mine and a friend of mine both have sparky looking off to the side quite a bit. I've tried spinning the head but it goes back to the same position. Pick added.

It's just plastic jammed on a spring. Put enough torque and twist on it and it will adjust.

#1841 4 years ago

I picked up a MET LED PRO from Trent back in October, but only recently signed up on Pinside. I sold my Tales from the Crypt to help pay for it and have no regrets. It's a blast to play and all my non-pinhead friends enjoy it more than all my other pins (which I recently sold all). Glad to be part of the club!

Does anyone think Stern will offer accessories for Metallica similar to what they recently released for TWD? I'd like to add some artwork for the inside walls.

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I'd like to add some artwork for the inside walls.

I have these, pretty nice. I also added the lighting which I like.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Metallica-Pinblade-Side-Artwork-Panels/p/30141847/category=5707242

pbrsideblades.jpg

creepingdeathlights.png
#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I have these, pretty nice. I also added the lighting which I like.
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Metallica-Pinblade-Side-Artwork-Panels/p/30141847/category=5707242

pbrsideblades.jpg 11 KB

creepingdeathlights.png 155 KB

I added these as well, what a difference, I'm however going to come up with a better solution to the light's plastic angle.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

everyone is back in pretty much 100% now

That's great news. Back to pinball.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I added these as well, what a difference, I'm however going to come up with a better solution to the light's plastic angle.

Share what you come up with please.

#1846 4 years ago

My snake started being sketchy with registering hits again. Snake lit, get ball in scoop, spits it back out. Still lit. Lifted up the playfield and adjusted the arm on the switch some. Its better, but need to do it again. Switch test shows everything is fine. Just not making solod enough connection for game to score it. Frustrating for sure. I think ive had this before, but maybe it was the mystery scoop... Just need to fiddle with it

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My snake started being sketchy with registering hits again. Snake lit, get ball in scoop, spits it back out. Still lit.

I had this happening yesterday also, i pushed together the wire connections to make sure they weren't loose and the problem has improved significantly. Still get it once in a while though.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I had this happening yesterday also, i pushed together the wire connections to make sure they weren't loose and the problem has improved significantly. Still get it once in a while though.

Its frustrating that it easily recognizes that the ball is in there and spits it back out every time. but doesn't score it.

I'm guessing its a lower level/ base software thing that exists in the "don't get ball hang up" level of the code that is kicking it out, but not a long/consistent closing of the switch to make it score as a snake hit.

Rick

#1849 4 years ago

So I removed the "Sneeze Guard" on the right hand ramp the other day and did some testing like was mentioned in this thread. I thought great no need for it after about 10 games. But if I hit the RH ramp clean with some good speed like after an orbit shot, the ball flies right off the ramp and lands in the shooter lane. My machine is pitched at 6.5 Deg with a digital level. It's a shame as that piece of plastic is really ugly, and screams after thought.

I'm going to try and make a wire form like another user had done and shown in this thread....

#1850 4 years ago

Also, does anyone have a cliff notes version on the latest rules/scoring stratagies for the latest version of code?
Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside