IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 433.
#2251 9 years ago

3d printed myself some speaker panels today to try them out. I have a few things to fix on them and I think I need to order myself some purple filament and print them with that. It might go better.

Brian

met logo.jpgmet logo.jpg
#2253 9 years ago

Does anyone in the Massachusetts area have a MET PRO that they would allow me to come play? I am thinking about buying one but would like to play it first.

Thanks
Gary

#2254 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

3d printed myself some speaker panels today to try them out. I have a few things to fix on them and I think I need to order myself some purple filament and print them with that. It might go better.
Brian

met logo.jpg 112 KB

That looks awesome! They're not overpowering like the stick on skulls. Very nice!

#2255 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Does anyone in the Massachusetts area have a MET PRO that they would allow me to come play? I am thinking about buying one but would like to play it first.
Thanks
Gary

Check pinballmap.com. Looks like there are two of them on location in Cambridge.

#2256 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Check pinballmap.com. Looks like there are two of them on location in Cambridge.

thank you

#2257 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Brian

met logo.jpg 112 KB

Looks good. This is what I'd like to have for mine.

#2258 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Last batch of 10 (make it 9 cause i jacked one up) sparky protectors are gone. Had a couple more people interested, so i have another batch ready to go if anyone out there (US only, sorry) wants one.</blockquote

Pm sent

#2259 9 years ago

Broke my first mezel tooth/fang today. Well i noticed it today. I didnt see it happen. This is the original set i bought way back when they were first made. Luckily i bought 2 sets!

#2260 9 years ago

Had limeline replace all music with 15 Led Zeplin songs! Wow now it's worth listening too!!

#2261 9 years ago

So, here's what my snake looks like right now ....

20150222_195614.jpg20150222_195614.jpg

But it's only temporary because I am having Konghusker make mine look awesome like this!!

Soon.jpgSoon.jpg

Please by all means utilize the pic of my snake above. I always wondered how the head was attached, and it drove me nuts wondering. Best of my knowledge, no one has posted the snake assembly without the aesthetic head piece in place.

#2262 9 years ago

I have a CIU mode specific question. When playing For Whom the Bell Tolls, there is always one column of blinking snake/elec chair/coffin inserts flashing during the mode. If you hit the column, sometimes it moves to a different column, and sometimes it doesn't and needs to be hit again. Just wondering what/why this is taking place?

Thanks

#2263 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I have a CIU mode specific question. When playing For Whom the Bell Tolls, there is always one column of blinking snake/elec chair/coffin inserts flashing during the mode. If you hit the column, sometimes it moves to a different column, and sometimes it doesn't and needs to be hit again. Just wondering what/why this is taking place?
Thanks

You get the points for hitting it, so I just assumed that when it was hit it picked a new random spot, but the random generation doesn't exclude where it was previously, so you can get a repeat.

#2264 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Thanks

When I was playing this mode last night, I noticed this, too, but I thought they were all blinking with one spider insert blinking. I noticed that when you hit any of the shots, one of the three inserts turns solid. I hit a couple of the lanes so that all three were solid, but I lost the ball before completing them all or hitting Mystery.

#2265 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When I was playing this mode last night, I noticed this, too, but I thought they were all blinking with one spider insert blinking. I noticed that when you hit any of the shots, one of the three inserts turns solid. I hit a couple of the lanes so that all three were solid, but I lost the ball before completing them all or hitting Mystery.

Checked FWTBT mode again tonight. No spider insert unless it's a red combo. All three crosses blink on all 5 lanes and go solid when the lane is shot/made. Snake then blinks on the lanes where the cross is solid. If a snake is made, the chair insert blinks. Once all 5 lanes are complete (each lane three times), 25mil is awarded on the last shot.

#2266 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Checked FWTBT mode again tonight. No spider insert unless it's a red combo. All three crosses blink on all 5 lanes and go solid when the lane is shot/made. Snake then blinks on the lanes where the cross is solid. If a snake is made, the chair insert blinks. Once all 5 lanes are complete (each lane three times), 25mil is awarded on the last shot.

Also, each time you either complete a shot column(cross, snake, chair on a particular shot) or a shot row(ex. crosses on all 5 shots or snakes on all 5 shots) the jackpots is awarded at double. The last jackpot you make to complete all the shots is awarded at 4x because you are completing a column and a row with one shot. The individual jackpots are worth 1.8M and the double jackpots are worth about 3.6M. I say about because each jackpot you make, the next one goes up by 5K points. If you complete this mode by collecting at the scoop, even without any playfield 2x, it is worth about 149M! Can be worth about 56M more if you get 2x off the piston target right before collecting at the scoop. I know that most tourney players seem to go for Fade to Black, but For Whom the Bell Tolls is my go to CIU mode.

#2267 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Also, each time you either complete a shot column(cross, snake, chair on a particular shot) or a shot row(ex. crosses on all 5 shots or snakes on all 5 shots) the jackpots is awarded at double. The last jackpot you make to complete all the shots is awarded at 4x because you are completing a column and a row with one shot. The individual jackpots are worth 1.8M and the double jackpots are worth about 3.6M. I say about because each jackpot you make, the next one goes up by 5K points. If you complete this mode by collecting at the scoop, even without any playfield 2x, it is worth about 149M! Can be worth about 56M more if you get 2x off the piston target right before collecting at the scoop. I know that most tourney players seem to go for Fade to Black, but For Whom the Bell Tolls is my go to CIU mode.

One thing I'm confused about is when the mode is over, and all those lanes are lit orange. Each one you hit, the orange disappears, but doesn't seem to award much. If you hit them all, what happens? I made them all disappear, but didn't notice anything. Also, I had to hit the piston instert three times before it disappeared. ?

#2268 9 years ago

Is there a CIU guide?

#2269 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is there a CIU guide?

No but I can help maybe. Whats your question?

#2272 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

One thing I'm confused about is when the mode is over, and all those lanes are lit orange. Each one you hit, the orange disappears, but doesn't seem to award much. If you hit them all, what happens? I made them all disappear, but didn't notice anything. Also, I had to hit the piston instert three times before it disappeared. ?

If you clear them all the scoop lights for a partial value of the CIU you completed. I forget what the percentage is though.

#2273 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

If you clear them all the scoop lights for a partial value of the CIU you completed. I forget what the percentage is though.

25%, I think

#2274 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Not exactly. The scoop lights for the CIU collect when you get 1 cross, 1 chair, 1 snake, and 1 coffin. The inserts right in front of the flippers will let you know. This is common to all 4 CIU modes. My strategy is to collect as many of those 4 shots right away while the ball saver is still active. Also the collect value seems to be much closer to 100% of what you have earned so far in the mode.

Edit: I just re-read your post and I believe you are referring to something else. Apologies if I just put my foot in my mouth.

#2275 9 years ago

Last night I focused on getting to CIU and choosing FWTBT. I'm not that great of a player, so it took me a few games to get there, but when I did, I focused on completing each lane three times before collecting the jackpot at the Mystery scoop. I was able to accomplish this, and I believe the jackpot was a little over 100mil. The total points awarded for FWTBT was actually 200mil. I didn't realize this until the ball ended and the bonus numbers flashed between balls. I also put my initials in for FWTBT high score, and it confirmed over 200mil. My total score overall was a little over 300mil. I noticed after I finished FWTBT and collected, the inserts did not turn orange. Is this because I completed it?

#2276 9 years ago

I didn't like the look of that LED at the base of the piston plastic, so I moved it forward (hole is already there). It is pretty much the only LED on the playfield that is exposed like that.

Its definitely an improvement, but does leave a visible hole. Did anyone else do this and cover/plug it? Wondering what you used.

ledmove.jpgledmove.jpg

#2277 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I didn't like the look of that LED at the base of the piston plastic, so I moved it forward (hole is already there). It is pretty much the only LED on the playfield that is exposed like that.
Its definitely an improvement, but does leave a visible hole. Did anyone else do this and cover/plug it? Wondering what you used.
ledmove.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That GI led drives me crazy too. Direct line of sight. I like your solution. I put a frosted led in mine and that helps. But you are still staring at the bulb...

#2278 9 years ago

Just put an unconnected socket with a bulb in there. Bulbs are on and off all the time, you won't notice an off bulb, well, less than the gaping hole anyway I would think.

#2279 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just put an unconnected socket with a bulb in there. Bulbs are on and off all the time, you won't notice an off bulb, well, less than the gaping hole anyway I would think.

I would dwell on that dead bulb like a mental patient, probably worse than just the hole! haha

I put a carriage bolt and washer through the hole. It looks like hell in the picture because of the flash, it is un-noticable while playing the game. I might grab a larger carriage bolt at the hardware store so I can do it without the washer, but I'm OK with this until I'm already there for something else.

boltinhole.jpgboltinhole.jpg
#2280 9 years ago

You can also see I fudged my outlane post to the tightest spot... That was for me to try, not because it wouldn't fit in the original spot. I hate that damn left outlane, but already feel like a cheater!

#2281 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I kept it in the original location, and put a red bulb condom on it. It's a #44 bulb (not LED), so it doesn't wash out the red/yellow artwork like an LED would.

#2282 9 years ago

I just put a flex in it with the back of it facing the player.

#2283 9 years ago

Not on MET, but on a few of my other games, I cut a piece of colored gel paper to "shield" the light. I don't have pics now, but maybe later today.

#2284 9 years ago

I recently did the code update on my LE (yeah, I know, I waited too long) and it seems like the hammer is occasionally acting like it caught the ball and smashing nothing.. is there a setting I need to change to make this better? I have the stock proximately board that was originally in the game (I believe others may have changed their board out?). On the last code update I know I went into the setup and changed a setting that made the false catches better.

#2285 9 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I have the stock proximately board that was originally in the game (I believe others may have changed their board out?). On the last code update I know I went into the setup and changed a setting that made the false catches better.

If you still have the stock original board you need to talk to your distributor about getting the upgraded one for sure, that should hopefully fix the issues. Lyman relies on it being there to make the fixes.

#2286 9 years ago

Replaced my diverted post with a metal one from pinballlife. Works great for preventing bounce backs as has been mentioned in various threads before. Shoulda done that sooner.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Pinball life link for the part just in case:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

#2287 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

ledmove.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You could glue a small skull to the base of a bulb ,plastic or ceramic (non conductive) an pop it in the bulb socket...image.jpgimage.jpg

#2288 9 years ago

I have never had the bounce back issue myself. I have the new led model and its not happened once. I am getting the brass rain showers underneath though.

#2289 9 years ago

Brass rain showers?

Also adding that bolt to my order this weekend thanks

#2290 9 years ago

Coil stops. I have a small pile under each flipper in the cabinet where the brass coil stops is disintegrating.

#2291 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Replaced my diverted post with a metal one from pinballlife. Works great for preventing bounce backs as has been mentioned in various threads before. Shoulda done that sooner.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Pinball life link for the part just in case:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

Is your metal post stopping balls shot up the right orbit? I have this installed as well and while it stops almost every ball shot up the left orbit, it rarely stops them from the right side. The ball bounces off of the post pretty good and comes back down the right orbit to the right flipper.

Having said that, I actually like it that way. It reminds me of the Chris shot on Family Guy and that's one of my favs.

#2292 9 years ago

Play better and hookup your combos lol. Maybe that's why I don't have the issue. It seems the orbit is open for me 75% of time.

#2293 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Is your metal post stopping balls shot up the right orbit? I have this installed as well and while it stops almost every ball shot up the left orbit, it rarely stops them from the right side. The ball bounces off of the post pretty good and comes back down the right orbit to the right flipper.
Having said that, I actually like it that way. It reminds me of the Chris shot on Family Guy and that's one of my favs.

I think thats what its *not* supposed to do... When hit from the right side its supposed to stop the ball and let it drop through the lanes down to the pop bumpers (unless a shot has lowered it).

I have the plastic one on a new machine and I'm pretty sure its operating as intended, I'll have to pay more attention. This seems to me like it could be as much an issue with having the game level as the post material.

#2294 9 years ago

I don't understand the plastic post problem myself. It's there to give you a shot into the pops. For the people who are having a problem what happens when you shoot up the right orbit? Mine hits the plastic post, slows, and then drops back into the pops. That seems like the intended behavior to me.

#2295 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't understand the plastic post problem myself. It's there to give you a shot into the pops. For the people who are having a problem what happens when you shoot up the right orbit? Mine hits the plastic post, slows, and then drops back into the pops. That seems like the intended behavior to me.

It was the left side that was a problem for me most often. A left orbit shot that it supposed to hit the post, then drop into the pops when released would just rebound off and come back down the orbit.

Haven't noticed any increase in rebounds on the right orbit with the metal post.

#2296 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It was the left side that was a problem for me most often. A left orbit shot that it supposed to hit the post, then drop into the pops when released would just rebound off and come back down the orbit.
Haven't noticed any increase in rebounds on the right orbit with the metal post.

Wait... Wouldn't a left orbit shot prevent it from making it to the pops at all? It hits the post and goes back the left lane the way it came. If its down for a combo, it will just go past and down into the right orbit. Maybe I'm totally confused.

#2297 9 years ago

I finally put my mirror blades in.0228151646a.jpg0228151646a.jpg

#2298 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wait... Wouldn't a left orbit shot prevent it from making it to the pops at all? It hits the post and goes back the left lane the way it came. If its down for a combo, it will just go past and down into the right orbit. Maybe I'm totally confused.

What good does it do to have it return down the orbit? Seems to me the design intent was Left orbit -> hit post & stop -> post drops -> ball rolls in to pops.

#2299 9 years ago

Its never returned down the orbit on mine. hits post stops dead in track post drops ball goes into pops. Does this for right and left orbit shots. But like I said 75% of the time its open for a combo on mine. 1.63e software. For led machine.

#2300 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What good does it do to have it return down the orbit? Seems to me the design intent was Left orbit -> hit post & stop -> post drops -> ball rolls in to pops.

I have no idea. If they didn't intend for it to ever do that though, the left orbit switch should always drop the post. Since its not visible, I'm not 100% sure what shots drop it for combo's to begin with!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.