IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 433.
#8901 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Prior owner installed unsightly flipper button protectors.

Never understood this either. Might as well hammer in a 6p nail on the outside of the the cabinet and hang the backbox key on it, too.

Geez - they could have painted the screw heads black to hide them at least.

#8902 7 years ago

I like to use the clear mylar protectors on my flipper buttons. They protect the area without covering up the art.

#8903 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The modding possibilities with this game are endless...
Blue backboard light, purple trough light, lighted red eyeballs (camera doesn't pick up the red light well) and a backboard flasher mod that flashes red whenever the pops are hit.
» YouTube video
Most available in our pinside shop or our website... Lermods.com. The backboard flasher mod isn't on our website yet, but is the same one we have for Ironman, which is blue.

Tell me about it, I have an original Refinery Pro and have put over 20 mods on it.

#8904 7 years ago

Lit up the snake's mouth, tied to the bulb above the snake. Im new to metallica so not sure if anyone has done this before, probably they have, cool mod.

#8905 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lit up the snake's mouth, tied to the bulb above the snake. Im new to metallica so not sure if anyone has done this before, probably they have, cool mod.
» YouTube video

Oh yeah we have. I put 2 double flex head green in mine.

#8906 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh yeah we have. I put 2 double flex head green in mine.

Mine is just a 3 smd led strip. I put it under the top of his mouth, but it was affecting the angle of the ball eject, going sdtm, so I moved it to the side.

#8907 7 years ago

Pinball Refinery does more or less anything you can dream of with Metallica. Can't wait to place my order bring on the tax return

#8908 7 years ago

Is Unforgiven used in many places in the game other than the game over sequence? I want to use Pinball Browser to replace this with a more upbeat song and make sure that won't affect other parts of the game.

#8909 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is Unforgiven used in many places in the game other than the game over sequence? I want to use Pinball Browser to replace this with a more upbeat song and make sure that won't affect other parts of the game.

End of game only.

#8910 7 years ago

Does anybody else have this guide on the right side orbit stick out slightly like in this picture? Sometimes when I plunge it ounces off of that and doesn't make it up to the pops.

Have you tried adjusting it? Mine is held tight up against the wood. The wood is has a cut out for it so it should not stick out from the wood at all. The ball should always make it all the way around on a left flipper hold skill shot plunge.

#8911 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

End of game only.

Thanks, that will make it really easy to swap!

Quoted from jawjaw:

Have you tried adjusting it? Mine is held tight up against the wood. The wood is has a cut out for it so it should not stick out from the wood at all. The ball should always make it all the way around on a left flipper hold skill shot plunge.

I did adjust it a bit, still slightly protrudes but seems better. If there are no more issues I'll just leave it, otherwise I could remove it completely to bend that end back towards the side rail a bit. On a full left flipper hold plunge the ball always makes it around. It's when I do partial strength plunges that sometimes it will catch on that rail and get knocked back down the pf and not even make it up to the pops.

#8912 7 years ago

Hey guys, Soon to be new HMU Met Pro wooden backbox owner here! Can't wait to get it. Just curious, the "sparky" figurine, will it be ok if it's shipped without putting the foam back in it? Long story short the current owner who had the game given to them, is shipping it for me. It was hard enough for me to talk to her over the phone to get the balls out of the machine to ship. Just curious if sparky can take being shipped 1600 miles. Thanks!

#8913 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, Soon to be new HMU Met Pro wooden backbox owner here! Can't wait to get it. Just curious, the "sparky" figurine, will it be ok if it's shipped without putting the foam back in it? Long story short the current owner who had the game given to them, is shipping it for me. It was hard enough for me to talk to her over the phone to get the balls out of the machine to ship. Just curious if sparky can take being shipped 1600 miles. Thanks!

My Sparky has traveled many more miles back and forth to shows folded up in the back of my trailer and he is still Rockin' and Rollin' just fine! So I can't imagine there being any problem!

Phoebe

#8914 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

My Sparky has traveled many more miles back and forth to shows folded up in the back of my trailer and he is still Rockin' and Rollin' just fine! So I can't imagine there being any problem!
Phoebe

Awesome! I can sleep tonight then thanks! lol I saw an unboxing video and thought oh no I don't want to attempt having this woman try to wrap that up!

#8915 7 years ago

Awesome! I can sleep tonight then thanks! lol I saw an unboxing video and thought oh no I don't want to attempt having this woman try to wrap that up!

Id be more worried about a non pinhead packing the game for shipping than any head banging from sparky.

#8916 7 years ago

Wanted to get some opinions on this insert. My Met Pro (home only) is less then 6 months and cleaning today I noticed this cracking above the letter T. The insert always looked a bit off but really took a good look today.

Is this normal?

IMG_0251 (resized).JPGIMG_0251 (resized).JPG
IMG_0251 (resized).JPGIMG_0251 (resized).JPG

#8917 7 years ago

If you are talking about the white specs on the lettering yes that's normal

#8918 7 years ago

Was more looking at the cracking above the letter T.

#8919 7 years ago

Yeah I just noticed that looking at it a second time. That's not normal. Mine does not have that

#8920 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Id be more worried about a non pinhead packing the game for shipping than any head banging from sparky.

She didn't do too bad well I facetimed her son to help with it. The shipping company will use more blankets then shrink wrap it. I just wanted to make sure some protection was in place at least! HUO so I'll be a mess till it gets here!

15515766_10207982545144728_1847781250_o (resized).jpg15515766_10207982545144728_1847781250_o (resized).jpg

15502982_10207982544104702_534496844_o (resized).jpg15502982_10207982544104702_534496844_o (resized).jpg

#8921 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Wanted to get some opinions on this insert. My Met Pro (home only) is less then 6 months and cleaning today I noticed this cracking above the letter T. The insert always looked a bit off but really took a good look today.
Is this normal?

Yes, its called 'crazing' - its more common on larger inserts than smaller inserts. It doesn't happen to every game, but is not an uncommon blemish that is just an artifact of the insert molding. Think of it as a birth mark... natural, but not necessarily attractive

#8922 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Is this normal?

Do you mean like these direct factory NOS examples?
insertdesign10 (resized).jpginsertdesign10 (resized).jpg

Manufacturers often consider this insert "crackling" acceptable.
Sometimes this is caused by heat environment changes, factory installation, or during the clear coat process (if applicable).
Age will do it too, but it is not a factor here based on changes over time due to expansion and shrinkage.

What you believe will allow you to proceed on how your approach Stern, and if they will even care.
I cannot speak for their answer, and will not make an assumption on their behalf.

To me, it looks like you got a bad insert, and the playfield should have been QC rejected, but that is pinball.
This is part of the reason Stern had to tighten up their shot group with QA, QI, and QM in the past 4 months.
People were losing complete faith in their ability to catch problems, and was completely justified.

This insert should not get that much worse with time, and stay roughly the same for its ownership.

#8923 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Is this normal?

Mine is like that also doesn't bother me one bit it's fairly normal. The insert is level and when the game is on you can't even tell. Like others have said it's called crazing.

#8924 7 years ago

Hey guys- going to start crazing my PREM up a bit for the holiday and finally changing some leds starting with a test of a few purple leds behind sparky. Just started... before I go deep, what did you go with on your machine for the best effect? Thx!

IMG_0244 (resized).JPGIMG_0244 (resized).JPG

#8925 7 years ago

I just played my met pro this evening and the right scoop is intermittently working. Sometimes it registers and shoots the ball out etc but sometimes it has to do a ball search before it comes out. What things should I check out to make it work properly. Any help is appreciated. Love my met!!
Thanks!

#8926 7 years ago

And now my flippers are making a feedback noise where I didn't price that before either. Any ideas?

#8927 7 years ago

Notice

#8928 7 years ago

Check the switch, it may be loose. Had similar issue with the snake.

Quoted from Lemank:I just played my met pro this evening and the right scoop is intermittently working. Sometimes it registers and shoots the ball out etc but sometimes it has to do a ball search before it comes out. What things should I check out to make it work properly. Any help is appreciated. Love my met!!
Thanks!

#8929 7 years ago

I checked the switch. I tightened everything up I could get a screw driver too. I still have the problem. It kicks out sometimes but not all the time. It also won't register when I get an extra ball either. Could it be a bad switch?

#8930 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey guys- going to start crazing my PREM up a bit for the holiday and finally changing some leds starting with a test of a few purple leds behind sparky. Just started... before I go deep, what did you go with on your machine for the best effect? Thx!

For my MET Pro - All comet LEDs (unless otherwise noted):

GI - frosted white.

Sparky area: frosted ice blue for above/behind sparky, the whole way across. On the backside of the van de Graaff generators, flashers replaced with comet matrix splitters with white directly against and behind the globes, all others ice blue flexible flashers away from the backside by ~1 inch).

4+1 SMD tower - Green for Snake
4+1 SMD tower - Blue for Piston Target

White/Blue/Red/Yellow(Orange) (HankScorpio's 3 strip led MOD) for End of the Line Cross/Electric Switch/Coffin/Snake

Frosted Red & Blue for Mystery scoop lights (crank it up / extra ball)

Fuel gauge (left to right) red, orange/amber, yellow (coin taker), white (stock), green

Cross inserts - warm white

Electric Switch inserts - ice blue

All others stock.

#8931 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I checked the switch. I tightened everything up I could get a screw driver too. I still have the problem. It kicks out sometimes but not all the time. It also won't register when I get an extra ball either. Could it be a bad switch?

Had the same issue of intermittent hits. I was able to tilt the switch - as far as the small movement would allow and then re-tighten. Seems to have worked.

#8932 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

And now my flippers are making a feedback noise where I didn't price that before either. Any ideas?

If the "buzzing" is severe:

- Check for flipper crank/pawl binding (horizontal)

- Check for flipper bat and shaft binding (vertical)

- Remove the coil stop

- Clean the plunger, coil stop, and flipper assembly

- Replace the coil sleeve

- Reinstall the coil stop, and make sure the alignment is correct and screws are tight

#8933 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

- Reseat the MPU connector first

- Test continuity of the wire to the MPU

- Test the switch in the diagnostics menu by lifting the PF to maintenance position.

- If it operates properly under manual pressure, adjust the switch with a leaf switch tool by carefully bending the base of leaf towards the base of the microswitch contact to apply earlier pressure while maintaining normal positioning of the edge of leaf roller under normal ball contact exposure in assembly. You are making a slight "U" bend.

- If the switch does not work, and I don't have my tech manual open for verification, test the diode if applicable. Sometimes the diode can be intermittent and slightly bending the leads can restore electrical connection, otherwise replacement of one or both the diode and microswitch is required, after testing the diode itself.

#8934 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

With the playfield up on the pegs, turn game on and put the game in switch test mode. Drop the ball into the scoop. Does it register? If not, manually engage the switch with your finger from underneath the playfield bt pulling it down. Does it now register? If yes, the switch/bracket holding the switch needs to be adjusted. If no, you need a new switch.

Even if it registers with your finger, you still may need a new switch as the trigger point may be too low and it can't be adjusted.

#8935 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I've had this issue too. the [buzz] is caused by the flipper coil moving. what I did to eliminate the issue on my machine was to take out the screws on the coil stops and the leading brackets (highlighted in green), add some lock-tite 242 (blue) to the threads and then re-assemble everything. you'll want to make sure that their is no "slop" between the coil stop, coil and the leading bracket. there is a small, metal spring washer at the top end of the coil (between the coil and that bracket, shown highlighted in purple). if there is any slack, this will vibrate and cause the [buzzing]
flipper assy (resized).jpgflipper assy (resized).jpg

Quoted from Lemank:

the wire on these switches can be pushed to one side or the other without depressing the switch. check to see if there is any side-to-side movement that would allow the ball to rest without triggering the switch itself.

I've gone in with a pair of small needle nosed pliers and slightly crimped the "ears" on either side of the switch housing to eliminate/reduce this side-to-side movement so that the ball has to depress and actuate the switch

#8936 7 years ago

Excellent informative post, j_m_ !!!

#8937 7 years ago

I had the same issue with my mystery hole switch with a NIB game that popped up after less than 10 plays. It was just a simple adjustment of the switch wire to make it protrude further into the mystery hole which solved the issue.

#8938 7 years ago

Thank everybody who chimed in on my post. I really appreciate it. Mystery hole works great now. I will work on the buzzing noise next. This is why I love pinball!!!

#8939 7 years ago

still waiting for that expected code update. Apparently the bug that exists which causes the music to stop entirely after a drained ball if you increased the music volume will be fixed. where is it? I always put the music up more so it's louder.

#8940 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

still waiting for that expected code update. Apparently the bug that exists which causes the music to stop entirely after a drained ball if you increased the music volume will be fixed. where is it? I always put the music up more so it's louder.

It is possible you may continue to wait forever.
I don't recall Stern promising anything further.

Here is the "why":

Stern has now classified this game as "finished", but Mr. Sheats still likes to tinker with the code purely out of enjoyment with this title. It's his choice. Stern is not interested investing more time at this point.

#8941 7 years ago

Anybody seen an actual ruleset ? Only thing I can find is that tiltforums one.

#8942 7 years ago

I think Stern is interested is investing more time in this game as the license has been extended and they will be making more. Make the code better and that turns into a lot more. Band member modes in conjunction with Blackened would be cool. I'm sure there's more that could be done.

#8943 7 years ago

It would be cool if they added 2-3 more songs: Where Ever I May Roam, Orion, even some from new album. Extend the license, extend the playlist-

#8944 7 years ago

That would be great, but I don't see it happening. Stern is going to sell plenty of them without investing another dollar into code.

#8945 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think Stern is interested is investing more time in this game as the license has been extended and they will be making more. Make the code better and that turns into a lot more. Band member modes in conjunction with Blackened would be cool. I'm sure there's more that could be done.

Iron Man has been run a couple of times now and still doesn't have some minor tweaks that would help the game. I wouldn't hold my breath

#8946 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah this bug is really annoying if you like to increase the music volume in the mix, and who doesn't - am-I-right?

Easy fix too I'm sure, here's hoping!

#8947 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Well, it is possible that they will do a bit more.

Metallica is probably their finest overall achievement in recent memory, and has to be approaching or already become the most sold game they've made in the modern era. With a contract extension in place, new album by the band, it would be cool to see another set of feature adds to push it way over the top! + Lyman knows this is probably his life's masterpiece.

#8948 7 years ago

That would be great, but I don't see it happening. Stern is going to sell plenty of them without investing another dollar into code.

those are exactly the songs I put into my game already with pinbrowser

#8949 7 years ago

Can't wait mine loaded up today should be here in about 10 days! Already downloaded the latest code as I'm sure it wasn't updated at all. Then lets the mods flow!

31553276981_521da5c492_o (resized).jpg31553276981_521da5c492_o (resized).jpg

#8950 7 years ago

Can't wait mine loaded up today should be here in about 10 days! Already downloaded the latest code as I'm sure it wasn't updated at all. Then lets the mods flow!

Consider my Leg Light-Ups for your game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.