Topic Stats

• 16,854 posts
  • 947 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 338.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if there is a way to test the magnet board? I've started to get some phantom hammer hits. Never happened before about a week ago. Now I'm getting 1 every two or three games. Any thoughts?

Just had replace mine (magnet board) Before the original went out was getting phantom hits, just a few, then soon after, F7 fuse blew and no magnets working, Stern sent me new magnet board and the magnets are working better then when I got the game new, but phantom strikes have happened twice in about 20 games. Even with a few phantom hits, this hammer is the coolest thing in pinball. Hammering pinballs into the playfield in a casket, epic, and, with the Polk sub, it really rumbles!

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if there is a way to test the magnet board? I've started to get some phantom hammer hits. Never happened before about a week ago. Now I'm getting 1 every two or three games. Any thoughts?

Try changing feature adjustment #89 to no. It's been a long time since I've had any misbehavior from my hammer with this change *knock on heavy wood*

#1653 4 years ago

This may be a dumb question, but im not a premium/le owner so...

Is there a subway over to the mystery hole to let the balls out of the coffin? If so How fast do they shoot out for coffin mb?

Seems like that could be drain city if your mystery hole scoop was adjusted wrong.

Just never played a prem before and i dont recall seeing coffin mb startup in any videos.

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Is there a subway over to the mystery hole to let the balls out of the coffin? If so How fast do they shoot out for coffin mb?
Seems like that could be drain city if your mystery hole scoop was adjusted wrong.
Just never played a prem before and i dont recall seeing coffin mb startup in any videos.

Yes Rick, the balls come out of coffin and shoot out from mystery scoop. All balls shoot at the left flipper.

#1655 4 years ago

On my Met Pro, over by the entrance to the left gutter lane (near the "special" light), is a "M" shape wire. Usually in these drain areas there are two rubber posts (top and bottom) that the ball goes through. On my Pro there is not a rubber on the bottom post (the upper part of the "M" wire). The ball hits the metal wire when it drains on the left side. It would seem that there should be a rubber here. Is this normal?

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

On my Met Pro, over by the entrance to the left gutter lane (near the "special" light), is a "M" shape wire. Usually in these drain areas there are two rubber posts (top and bottom) that the ball goes through. On my Pro there is not a rubber on the bottom post (the upper part of the "M" wire). The ball hits the metal wire when it drains on the left side. It would seem that there should be a rubber here. Is this normal?

Working as intended. The left outlane is punishing because of this.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

They come out of the mystery scoop, one at time every 3 seconds or so. Very manageable, and with the safety of the ball saver it's fun to just bat them away at whatever you want rather than try to gain control.

#1658 4 years ago

My Metallica Pro just arrived today! Buddy is setting it up right now while I sit at work jumping out of my skin in anticipation. Gonna be a long night!

#1659 4 years ago

shout out to Rickwh for the sparky plastic , I got it today and it is real nice, easy install and it looks great, do not hesitate to deal with Rick, thanks!

#1660 4 years ago

Played by buddies Met Pro today with all Led Zep music. Totally more fun with way better music. Sparky MB- Rock-n- roll is perfect. Immigrant song for one of the other MB'S. Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir, Black Dog, Ramble On, and many more. What a rush. Never broke 100k before and put up a 200 k game. I want one now. It is cool you can customize the music to fit your taste.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

shout out to Rickwh for the sparky plastic , I got it today and it is real nice, easy install and it looks great, do not hesitate to deal with Rick, thanks!

Thanks man!

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

shout out to Rickwh for the sparky plastic

Looking forward to getting mine, air-balls all over the place!

I have to say after 3 days of owning this pin, I'm loving it! No scores to brag about yet, but I've been staying up late and getting to work late thanks to it!

Hard to play any of my other pins now, and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this. Just my feelings of course.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this..

I know what ya mean.. Especially when you look at the prices of those 20+ year old games.. About the same

#1664 4 years ago

Just played my new MET fresh out of the box for like 9 hours with some buddies. So awesome, everybody was in awe. Great machine, no regrets here!!!

#1665 4 years ago

I am sure mine has been delivered as well, but I'm not home to see it yet. Looking forward to getting rid of those airballs! Thanks for the great deal!!!

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Looking forward to getting mine, air-balls all over the place!
I have to say after 3 days of owning this pin, I'm loving it! No scores to brag about yet, but I've been staying up late and getting to work late thanks to it!
Hard to play any of my other pins now, and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this. Just my feelings of course.

Yea, Im just getting into pins and METLE is my first one. I thought I might be interested in buying a couple of the A List classics, but after playing them at the PBHF in Vegas, they just seemed boring at that price. So Ill just buy some of the pins I remember as a kid like Firepower, Gorgar, Centaur, etc for way cheaper. Any NIB is going to have a HIGH bar to clear to be in the same league as MET. It will be in my house forever. So bad ass!

#1667 4 years ago

I had one customer from this past weekends batch that didnt fit and had to have another hole drilled in it. So if any of you that ordered from me in the last week have that problem, lemme know. Hopefully its a 1 time issue... I make each one by hand so it is possible for them to be a bit off i guess.

#1668 4 years ago

No problem here. Had to loosen and pretty much remove the left ramp to make it fit, but once I did that, everything was good!

20141121_201506.jpg20141121_202040.jpg20141121_210643.jpg20141121_210650.jpg20141121_210656.jpg20141121_211302.jpg20141121_211308.jpg

#1669 4 years ago

Thanks for posting the install pics!

Looks like you have both the stock and the new airball plastic in there. Im surprised there was enough threads on the posts to allow that. Seems pretty tight on mine. (Just room for one piece).

Sorry you had to basically remove the left ramp. Yikes! . I've never had to bother with the left ramp to install/test fit in my machine. There is a funky shaped plastic that surrounds the left ramp on the back side that is a giant PITA. I remove the 4 screws holding it in and let it just fall back into the orbit lane. Once its out of the way you should be able to loosen the hex post right beside sparkys right hand and the lock nut over by the pops and lift the old plastic out. Then just repeat to put it back.

The spotlight on the funky left ramp plastic is a PITA as well. Easy to over tighten and crack the funky piece or spin the hex post too tight against the grave marker plastic below it. I use an adjustable wrench to hold the hex post and tighten the screw on the spot light. Snug. Not over tight.

Rick

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looks like you have both the stock and the new airball plastic in there. Im surprised there was enough threads on the posts to allow that. Seems pretty tight on mine. (Just room for one piece).

I removed my stock piece , no need for that to stay there and there is not enough room for it, I just removed the left hex post and the right nylon nut and removed the original piece and installed the new one from Rick, no need to take anything else apart, it took me about 10 minutes to change it out, no more air balls from sparky , it works great! thanks Rick

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I removed my stock piece , no need for that to stay there and there is not enough room for it, I just removed the left hex post and the right nylon nut and removed the original piece and installed the new one from Rick, no need to take anything else apart, it took me about 10 minutes to change it out, no more air balls from sparky , it works great! thanks Rick

Maybe there was no need on YOUR machine.....

Trust me, I didn't want to take anything else apart unless I had to do it. There was zero chance this plastic was going in unless something moved - either Sparky or the left ramp. I voted for the left ramp .

I post these results not to obfuscate everyone or intentionally try to make things harder. I post them to give someone else the reassurance that "Yep...this does have to happen.......crap. Oh well, time to get started!"

Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks for posting the install pics!
Sorry you had to basically remove the left ramp. Yikes! .

Thanks, Rick! I didn't realize the other plastic should come out. Whoops . Oh well, they're both in there now, and they sure as heck aren't coming back out for a while . And yes, it was a pretty tight fit with both being installed!

#1672 4 years ago

Just glad the plastic are helping everyone out.

I ended up cracking my gravemarker plastic (under the hex post near sparkys right hand) yesterday when test fitting some plastics. So I'm kinda annoyed with myself. I think that area is a bit under engineered as the graveyard plastic seems like its under some pressure (its kinda bent from the factory).

Oh well. Love my Metallica! I can definitely tell when I haven't played enough cause I suck badly. After practicing I'll get my game back and just suck at a normal level. hehe

Rick

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Got mine too and it's a quality piece. Thanks Rick.

#1674 4 years ago

hey guys, while i am playing a game for a while, he will start counting down from 10 and then he say's hurry, i can not figure out what i am suppose to hit or how it is scored, does any one know what this is? thanks for your help

#1675 4 years ago

That is the count down for seek and destroy mode. You are supposed to either hit
The strobing lane/shot for the "seek"
Or
The captive ball for the "destroy"
This alternates back and forth until you either time out or drain.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

hey guys, while i am playing a game for a while, he will start counting down from 10 and then he say's hurry, i can not figure out what i am suppose to hit or how it is scored, does any one know what this is? thanks for your help

Casket hurry-up? Is the casket flashing?

#1677 4 years ago

IIRC, the countdown hurry-up happens for Cross MB super jackpot, Seek and Destroy, Blackened, and End of the Line. I don't think anything else causes it. My guess would be Seek and Destroy or Blackened in your case as the other two are pretty obvious

Quoted from tamoore:

Casket hurry-up? Is the casket flashing?

There is a "hurry up" callout for the coffin hurry ups but there's no countdown to my recollection

#1678 4 years ago

thanks guys

#1679 4 years ago

Who makes the metal skull flipper button protectors? I've seen a few pics but can't recall mention of where they're available.

#1680 4 years ago

Advancing in the game
heard 2 new new Hetfield quotes
some wild swearing, killer !

maybe there needs to be a quote thread ?
still looking for Easter eggs ? c'mon Lyman please

Some awesome code

Appreciate the progressive code and your awesome work Lyman !

Sensational

METALLICA top 10 forever !

Cheers

Ando

#1681 4 years ago

"top 10" personaly means nothing, except to push higher the price of some pins...

but for sure, i agree, MET is surelly one of the best pin "available" on the actual market

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Who makes the metal skull flipper button protectors? I've seen a few pics but can't recall mention of where they're available.

These?
http://www.pin-protection.com/index.php/component/hikashop/product/show/6-metallica-skull-flipper-button-protectors

#1683 4 years ago

my 72 year old father in law played Metallica for the first time yesterday and he actually said this game is great, lol, if you knew him then you would know why this is such a big deal, he hates technology, he thinks computers are evil, and still has a flip phone that he doesn't know how to use, he had so much fun playing the game he is coming back this weekend , oh boy, what have I done?

#1686 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a NIB pro! It is my first pin and I don't think I could have picked a better one.

I am pretty sure it has been playing more than sitting idle for the last week as my whole family wants their turn.

#1687 4 years ago

With the CT sale, i picked up some led flashers for the backboard of my met pro. I got flex head flat 8 flashers. There are 6 89 flasher sockets back there.

I went with

Blue. White. Blue. Blue. White. Blue.

I tilted the heads of the blues so that they aimed away from the center lightning generators in the artwork and the whites i directes right at the center. I think it came out really well.

Inexpensive way to make a big visual impact.

#1688 4 years ago

Hey Rickwh, thanks a bunch for the Sparky plastic. Installed yesterday evening and am pleased. I also installed the stand up target splints and waxed the thing for the first time since I bought it 500 games ago. Holy smokes it got fast!

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from Fixit:

Just joined the club with a NIB pro! It is my first pin and I don't think I could have picked a better one.
I am pretty sure it has been playing more than sitting idle for the last week as my whole family wants their turn.

Me too bud. Met was my first pin and NIB. I love it and its going to take a hell off a pin to be my next NIB! What a game!!

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Hey Rickwh, thanks a bunch for the Sparky plastic. Installed yesterday evening and am pleased. I also installed the stand up target splints and waxed the thing for the first time since I bought it 500 games ago. Holy smokes it got fast!

I glad you like it!

#1691 4 years ago

Just installed my Sparky plastic, thanks Rick!

I had to do a little trimming around the leg openings and the center with my dremel to get it to fit, but I'm not complaining. The work you had to do and the small price you charge made it a great deal!

Thanks again!

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Just installed my Sparky plastic, thanks Rick!
I had to do a little trimming around the leg openings and the center with my dremel to get it to fit, but I'm not complaining. The work you had to do and the small price you charge made it a great deal!
Thanks again!

It kind of makes you wonder how the game shipped without a proper plastic piece over the feet. Didn't they see the massive airballs during testing? I saw pictures of a heavily played MET and the magnet area looked really trashed from the airballs. There are dimples and then there's a golf ball. The magnet and surrounding area looked like a golf ball.

Rob

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It kind of makes you wonder how the game shipped without a proper plastic piece over the feet.

Hey, it's another 50 cents they saved per machine. Every pennie counts!

#1694 4 years ago

Just joined the club!

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I love it and its going to take a hell off a pin to be my next NIB! What a game!!

You got that right!

#1696 4 years ago

Anybody else had any problem with their plunger?

Mine got to the point where the plunge was banging the ball against the shooter lane, sometimes becoming airborne, resulting in a very weak plunge. Autoplunger works perfectly. I thought maybe the plunger rod was bent, but it's not - took everything apart including the plunger housing and tried to realign it all. It's better, but still a weak plunge. Seems like the plunger rod is set kind of far back, but I don't see anyway to make it better.

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Anybody else had any problem with their plunger?
Mine got to the point where the plunge was banging the ball against the shooter lane, sometimes becoming airborne, resulting in a very weak plunge. Autoplunger works perfectly. I thought maybe the plunger rod was bent, but it's not - took everything apart including the plunger housing and tried to realign it all. It's better, but still a weak plunge. Seems like the plunger rod is set kind of far back, but I don't see anyway to make it better.

I have the same problem and it looks like the plunger is off center, to the left, causing my ball to hit the left wall first, then right, then onto the playfield. I have added small washers on the left side to bring the plunger center..

#1698 4 years ago

Just fixed this on my Metallica pro using felt foot pads cut thin to fit between the metal prong and cabinet wood. It works great now, although if the auto launches ever get weak I will replace the felt.

image.jpg image-382.jpg image-159.jpg image-921.jpg
#1699 4 years ago

Oops thought you meant auto plunger didn't read carefully enough. Anyway if anybody is getting weak auto plunges the felt pad is the fix.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have the same problem and it looks like the plunger is off center, to the left, causing my ball to hit the left wall first, then right, then onto the playfield. I have added small washers on the left side to bring the plunger center..

My MET was also launching balls from the shooter lane into the middle of the playfield. I tweaked the auto launch kicker which eventually helped although I'm not sure it's permanently fixed.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mccordsville, IN
There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside