Topic Stats

• 17,221 posts
  • 962 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by onemoresean
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17221 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 345.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You talking about the super band post rubbers are the transparent ones? There is a big difference. My transparent plays the same as white. Super bands are more bouncy. All my house balls come from the dang metal in lane divider. I hate that thing!

I hate that inlane divider too. That stupid dull klink sound it makes right before the ball bounces right out the left outlane... Makes me so mad!

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

This is why I would like to see them change what happens after SND is completed. They could make it so you got a victory lap of some sort that gave you extra CIU progress (maybe double items) for the first of each shot after SNDs completion. On the Premium & LE they could signify it with a different color on the spider inserts if they wanted (like they do after the CIU as Purpledrilmonkey pointed out).
As it stands I just always feel disappointed to have to start working on the inserts over again after SND is over. If there was some perk towards CIUs afterwards it would be a little easier to take, and more worthwhile to play SND rather than avoid it. Its nice that it stacks with anything but the point value isn't really enough to justify slowing CIU progress.
The truth is I can't help but want to start SND when I get close, I just wish there wasn't such a downside to it.

Yeah, but I guess it also adds to the game play, to decide when to start S&D.
I just happen to stack it once with coffin MB and ended up with a 95M S&D total.
That is a lot better than my typical CIU score.

#1503 5 years ago

New member present with wifey . You guys think we could install this live snake mod we found ?

This game is WeirPinball's personal machine that I helped acquire for him since he's moving to his new home soon. Beautiful game - he did a wonderful job with some solid Pro mods. Nice to finally just play a game and not have to work, work, work on one ...

First_Night.jpg

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

This is why I would like to see them change what happens after SND is completed. They could make it so you got a victory lap of some sort that gave you extra CIU progress (maybe double items) for the first of each shot after SNDs completion. On the Premium & LE they could signify it with a different color on the spider inserts if they wanted (like they do after the CIU as Purpledrilmonkey pointed out).
As it stands I just always feel disappointed to have to start working on the inserts over again after SND is over. If there was some perk towards CIUs afterwards it would be a little easier to take, and more worthwhile to play SND rather than avoid it. Its nice that it stacks with anything but the point value isn't really enough to justify slowing CIU progress.
The truth is I can't help but want to start SND when I get close, I just wish there wasn't such a downside to it.

Interesting thought on the victory laps awarding something like double CIU progress. Would certainly be a sweet reward for keeping the ball alive post CIU.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I hate that inlane divider too. That stupid dull klink sound it makes right before the ball bounces right out the left outlane... Makes me so mad!

I thought I was the only one this happened to lol!

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

New member present with wifey . You guys think we could install this live snake mod we found ?
This game is WeirPinball's personal machine that I helped acquire for him since he's moving to his new home soon. Beautiful game - he did a wonderful job with some solid Pro mods. Nice to finally just play a game and not have to work, work, work on one ...

Congrats! I bet we could hot-glue that live snake mode on top of the right ramp return... I'll load up the gluegun and head up this week

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Congrats! I bet we could hot-glue that live snake mode on top of the right ramp return... I'll load up the gluegun and head up this week

You know, part of the reason we have this game is YOU...this is partly your fault .

I'll have plenty of bottled cokes and baked cookies and pizza ready !

#1508 5 years ago

First pictures of my new Metallica Pro .

20141101_185831.jpg20141101_192317.jpg20141101_230720.jpg20141101_230851.jpg20141101_230533.jpg20141101_230549.jpg20141101_230602.jpg20141101_230814.jpg20141101_230733.jpg20141101_230656.jpg

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

First pictures of my new Metallica Pro .

20141101_192317.jpg 211 KB

20141101_185831.jpg 203 KB

20141101_230720.jpg 304 KB

20141101_230707.jpg 342 KB

20141101_230936.jpg 200 KB

20141101_230851.jpg 191 KB

20141101_230858.jpg 207 KB

20141101_230733.jpg 275 KB

20141101_230814.jpg 294 KB

20141101_230656.jpg 314 KB

20141101_230533.jpg 220 KB

20141101_230602.jpg 248 KB

20141101_230549.jpg 257 KB

If u decided to do your coin door to match your side rails talk to gio... I'm doing another set of headphone kits on the matching color plate for one of his customers now. This is before I load the plate. I just punched the holes. Will be a pinpac 2 Mac when its done.

image-870.jpg

#1510 5 years ago

Can someone explain the snake rules?
Why does it lite up three snakes instead of just one for the active shot?
Also, besides holding the ball for 20secs, are there diffrent rules for pro vs prem?

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

Yeah, but I guess it also adds to the game play, to decide when to start S&D.
I just happen to stack it once with coffin MB and ended up with a 95M S&D total.
That is a lot better than my typical CIU score.

I hadn't thought of that strategy. I'll have to give it a try. CIU must be ready by the time you're done playing CMB. Great to have a game where there are different ways to approach it.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

Can someone explain the snake rules?

I posted the multiball rules a page or two back. What other rules are you asking about?

Why does it lite up three snakes instead of just one for the active shot?

The snake lights the selected SnD shot, plus the two shots on either side of it ('wraps around' playfield if an orbit is selected) As to why? I don't know but it prevents having to shoot the snake itself over and over.

Also, besides holding the ball for 20secs, are there diffrent rules for pro vs prem?

The rules are the same but the closed snake jaw counts as a snake scoop shot, so on the pro I assume you have to shoot the snake scoop twice (or a lit snake shot) per snake letter (at game start) where on the premium you hit the snake in the jaw (or a lit snake shot) and it opens the mouth for a snake letter. Basically any time the snake is NOT lit to award something (Snake letter, 2x scoring/MB lock) it is closed.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If u decided to do your coin door to match your side rails talk to gio... I'm doing another set of headphone kits on the matching color plate for one of his customers now. This is before I load the plate. I just punched the holes. Will be a pinpac 2 Mac when its done.

image-870.jpg 126 KB

Here's the after pic.
image-534.jpg

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The snake lights the selected SnD shot, plus the two shots on either side of it ('wraps around' playfield if an orbit is selected) As to why? I don't know but it prevents having to shoot the snake itself over and over.

On the pro, shooting a shot with a lit snake insert relights the snake to collect a letter. If the snake isn't lit, you get nothing for shooting it. Lighting the other snake inserts also allows to you collect snake hits towards CIU from shots that aren't the snake. It also advances your S&D progress for that shot. That's your 'reward' for collecting a snake letter.

One thing that amazes me about the snake is how similar it plays between the different models. You can backhand the snake on a pro or a premium/LE and shots from the left flipper are very close. The mechanical parts are very different between the pro and the premiums/LE's, but they play very similar. Hats off to the engineer behind both versions of the snake. Very nice work.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

On the pro, shooting a shot with a lit snake insert relights the snake to collect a letter. If the snake isn't lit, you get nothing for shooting it. Lighting the other snake inserts also allows to you collect snake hits towards CIU from shots that aren't the snake. It also advances your S&D progress for that shot. That's your 'reward' for collecting a snake letter.

So shooting the snake doesn't relight the snake? You HAVE to shoot a lit snake insert?

#1516 5 years ago

So shooting the snake doesn't relight the snake? You HAVE to shoot a lit snake insert?

Yes.

#1517 5 years ago

Speaking of the snake shot, I just added some washers to lower mine (premium) as the percentage of bounce outs seemed really high to me. It's better now, but still seems higher than it should be.

I aimed a camera at the snake and recorded it while I shot at it. I then cut out all the extra footage so it only shows the snake shots. Looking at the video I'm wondering if the rejects are just because it's a tight shot and not so much an adjustment issue.

Comments welcome although I don't know how much more adjusting I can do.

#1518 5 years ago

Looks like how mine works out. Not a very forgiving shot.

#1519 5 years ago

Seems like the lower jaw makes a bit of a ramp for the ball. Anyway to lower the rear of the jaw?

#1520 5 years ago

That's a difference on the premium then. When the snake jaw is closed, you can shoot the snake in the face to open the mouth and light it for a snake letter.

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):
http://www.clubmoebius.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=911
Post edited by swampfire: Added pic

product-page-eyegwild.jpg 102 KB

This is what I did to mine...
image.jpg

#1522 5 years ago

Out with the turtle and in with the snake...!!!

Thank you Mezelmods and PinballLife!!

20141108_104635.jpg20141108_112817.jpg

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

image.jpg 227 KB

That's pretty awesome!

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

LoOks great,Where can i get this ? Thanks

#1525 5 years ago

Diverter post: Enable or disable.

What say you? I see upsides and downsides to each...

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I disabled mine for a while but I went back to standard settings. Now it only loops when it is supposed to. I have thought about changing to a metal post in an attempt to reduce bounce backs though...

#1527 5 years ago

I received the magnet board replacement from Stern, installed it, and magnets really working good, better then when I got the machine new. So the board was faulty from the get go from factory, it was the upgraded board that failed.

Quoted from NPO:

Out with the turtle and in with the snake...!!!
Thank you Mezelmods and PinballLife

20141108_104635.jpg 339 KB

20141108_112817.jpg 314 KB

Might want to put some mylar over the tongue. Had mine 4 months and seen wear on the tongue, so touched it up and put mylar over it. Just a heads up, as the ball skids on this decal into the snakes mouth.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Leave it stock is my feeling. I prefer to play the game as Lyman and Borg intended. It makes it more satisfying when you get a combo and get the ball whipping around too.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Leave it stock is my feeling. I prefer to play the game as Lyman and Borg intended. It makes it more satisfying when you get a combo and get the ball whipping around too.

See, that's the problem. I'm sure they didn't intend solid shots to the left orbit to kick back around the orbit. It's the only part of the game I don't like. It just seems so wrong.

Having said it, I still have the post enabled, as disabling it almost totally eliminates the possibility of the ball getting into the pop bumpers..

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

See, that's the problem. I'm sure they didn't intend solid shots to the left orbit to kick back around the orbit. It's the only part of the game I don't like. It just seems so wrong.

You're looking at it wrong. When the ball does bounce back and roll back down the orbit, it does so very slowly. When you know this is happening, you can take that moment to assess your progress in the game so far. It's a brief unexpected break that's easy to control. Use it to your advantage.

Also, it seems like KME posted that he corrected this by replacing the factory post with a WMS steel post. If it bothers you that much.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

When the ball does bounce back and roll back down the orbit, it does so very slowly.

Bug, not a feature.

Quoted from phishrace:

Also, it seems like KME posted that he corrected this by replacing the factory post with a WMS steel post. If it bothers you that much.

Thanks. I'll check into that.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Bug, not a feature.

When life hands you lemons, grab the tequila and salt. d

#1533 5 years ago

im not sure if I'd want to install a metal post.. Is it just that the plastic has too much flex? Was there ever a more suitable solution found? Maybee a metal post could be turned on a lathe and fitted with a nylon cap? I have acess to a lathe thoughts?

#1534 5 years ago

Metal post is the fix if your machine does it. Not sure why you would be nervous about it being that the old Williams games used metal up posts, in fact it's the TOTAN up post that is the "fix" IIRC.

#1535 5 years ago

Metal post is the fix if your machine does it. Not sure why you would be nervous about it being that the old Williams games used metal up posts, in fact it's the TOTAN up post that is the "fix" AFAIK.

Perhaps the plastic post is flexing slightly and transferring reactive energy into the ball?

Rob

#1536 5 years ago

How many people have moved (to the hole closet to apron) the posts/bumpers by the left/right drain?

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

How many people have moved (to the hole closet to apron) the posts/bumpers by the left/right drain?

On ACDC yes! On MET no...

Rob

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On ACDC yes! On MET no...
Rob

funny thing is I just did it friday on Met pro and honestly no difference left/right drain just like b4....

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

funny thing is I just did it friday on Met pro and honestly no difference left/right drain just like b4....

It didn't make much difference on ACDC either. The center drains are %25 more than the left/right which appear about the same.

Rob

#1540 5 years ago

Is anyone seeing airballs off the captiveball? I replaced the block and on dead on shots the ball seems to hop up into the back of the hammer quite often. Some other shots ricochet over the grave markers into the left orbit which has never happened before.

I put a 1mm washer under the captive ball and still saw airballs. I'm going to put the block back in.

Edit #2. I put the block back in. I think there's still slight airballs into the hammer, but at least there shouldn't be any more into the left side of the playfield.

Rob

#1541 5 years ago

So, tonight I added Sparky's micro display mod (MDM). There is something about having the lil video screen that just makes games pop. I dunno, may I am just a sucker for eye candy toys. Pictures of install and display:

20141109_233536.jpg

In this next one, I purposefully did not draw a red box around the wiring. I want people to look for it. If it takes a couple seconds to find it, I know the install is pretty good.

20141109_233616.jpg

And here is how it looks in the game. I like it .

20141109_235252.jpg

Also fully LED'd the playfield. I'll take pictures later. I need a break. Still have Laseriffics crosses on the way for the top inlanes, and I need to get the speaker panel that matches the side wall art. Also, I am working on upgrading the sound system - big time....

Here's a lil trick I came up with. I placed 5/16" vacuum caps on the under body rails. It frustrates me when these things tear up the side walls of the cabinet or worse in my case, the Creeping Death artwork. Just a lil' preventative maintenance!

20141109_182026.jpg

20141109_182034.jpg

More to come soon!

#1542 5 years ago

Metal post is the fix if your machine does it. Not sure why you would be nervous about it being that the old Williams games used metal up posts, in fact it's the TOTAN up post that is the "fix" IIRC.

With a metal post there I can just see myself cringing every time someone pulls the plunger all the way back and it connects with a thud. Granted, an orbit shot does the same.. But totan doesn't take the abuse off every plunge. I'm not a noob but I haven't owned another game where the ball is caught with a metal post in this manor so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. ive prolly played some and didn't know it tho...

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Here's a lil trick I came up with. I placed 5/16" vacuum caps on the under body rails. It frustrates me when these things tear up the side walls of the cabinet or worse in my case, the Creeping Death artwork.

Excellent idea. I wish I'd have thought of something like that, my Creeping Death Pinblades have a scuff on each side. Doesn't look too awful, but I notice it every time I play.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Here's a lil trick I came up with. I placed 5/16" vacuum caps on the under body rails. It frustrates me when these things tear up the side walls of the cabinet or worse in my case, the Creeping Death artwork. Just a lil' preventative maintenance!

As mentioned...those are awesome to have....where did you get them? Link, PLEASE...I need to get these on my games, just installed 3 sets of mirror blades.

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

As mentioned...those are awesome to have....where did you get them? Link, PLEASE...I need to get these on my games, just installed 3 sets of mirror blades.

AutoZone probably has them.

#1546 5 years ago

Probably so....wonder if I can just buy the size I need. Will have to check it out.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Probably so....wonder if I can just buy the size I need. Will have to check it out.

you probably have to but an assortment, but that will be cheaper than shipping in just 5/16".

Great idea NPO!

#1548 5 years ago

Howdy guys. The vacuum caps can be purchased from any auto parts store like Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys, or maybe even Lowes/Home Depot.

I posted the Let Me Google That For You link - not to be a smartass - but to show everyone how many different avenues you have when looking to purchase some.

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=vacuum+caps&gws_rd=ssl

Glad you guys like it! Lowering the PF always made me hold my breath...not anymore!

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

With a metal post there I can just see myself cringing every time someone pulls the plunger all the way back and it connects with a thud. Granted, an orbit shot does the same.. But totan doesn't take the abuse off every plunge. I'm not a noob but I haven't owned another game where the ball is caught with a metal post in this manor so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. ive prolly played some and didn't know it tho...

The amount of force on that post pales in comparison to the smashing of the ball into the captive block/ball 50+ times a game.

Most of the old VUKs, outholes/shooter lane ejects, and saucer ejects I've worked on are metal on metal and again, many of them hit the ball hard as heck with a pointed end.

*shrug* if you don't like the idea, don't do it. That's the beauty of owning your own

#1550 5 years ago

Anyone have the part number for the TOTAN post? I think I'm going to try that route... Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Ocoee, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17221 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside