Topic Stats

• 17,219 posts
  • 962 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 345.
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just plastic jammed on a spring. Put enough torque and twist on it and it will adjust.

I will try this....mine has the same problem.

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Also, does anyone have a cliff notes version on the latest rules/scoring stratagies for the latest version of code?
Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: this is the cliff notes version as requested

shoot sparky for sparky mb.
shoot cross drops and cross for cross mb.
shoot snake for snake mb.
shoot hammer/captive ball for coffin mb. Note: one other mb can be started and stacked once coffin mb is started

FUEL: Hit fuel target to spell fuel and increase meter for fuel scoring. Each time you spell fuel the left piston lane shot will light for double scoring. Hit this shot while double scoring is active to restart the timer.

Lady Justice: Shoot ramps to spell METALLICA. Once started; Left/right ramp/orbit shots count towards justice mode. Alternating left - right shots increases scoring bettererer.

Lanes: Light all lanes for mystery. Repeat lanes shots before collecting mystery to increase the mystery level.

Pop Bumpers: Each bumper represents an insert on the piston lane. Shoot the left piston lane when all 3 lights are lit to blow the piston. Collect 20 for an EB.

Crank it Up: Hit snakes, crosses, coffins, elec chairs until you get CIU lit. CIU will eventually light during standard gameplay. Hit the scoop to start it.

Crank it up: Shoot flashing shots to score. Hit Cross, Snake, Coffin, Elec chair to relight CIU to get out of the mode and 'Collect' Your jackpot.

Blackened: Hit 4 standup targets a bunch of times to collect band members and eventually start blackened.

Light Seek & Destroy: Each shot has 3 identical inserts (elec chair, snake, cross). When you make a shot, the spider insert will be flashing indicating that bank of inserts is ready to be captured. With that shot's spider insert blinking; shoot the elec chair, snake, cross to light its shots inserts. Once all inserts are flashing for that particular shot, shoot it then hit the coffin to lock in that bank of inserts for remainder of game (or til S&D is started). Doing this to 5 main shots will light seek & destroy.

Seek & Destroy: Shoot the flashing shot then hit the captive ball/block.

#1853 5 years ago

Nice cliff notes SKB

#1854 5 years ago

Yes, thanks for taking the time to write that out. =)

#1855 5 years ago

Only thing I'd add to those notes is that Coffin Multiball is the only one that stacks, something that's useful to know.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only thing I'd add to those notes is that Coffin Multiball is the only one that stacks, something that's useful to know.

Fixed!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

shoot sparky for sparky mb.
shoot cross drops and cross for cross mb.
shoot snake for snake mb.
shoot hammer/captive ball for coffin mb. Note: one other mb can be started and stacked once coffin mb is started
FUEL: Hit fuel target to spell fuel and increase meter for fuel scoring. Each time you spell fuel the left piston lane shot will light for double scoring. Hit this shot while double scoring is active to restart the timer.
Lady Justice: Shoot ramps to spell Metallica. Once started; Left/right ramp/orbit shots count towards justice mode. Alternating left - right shots increases scoring bettererer.
Lanes: Light all lanes for mystery. Repeat lanes shots before collecting mystery to increase the mystery level.
Pop Bumpers: Each bumper represents an insert on the piston lane. Shoot the left piston lane when all 3 lights are lit to blow the piston. Collect 20 for an EB.
Crank it Up: Hit snakes, crosses, coffins, elec chairs until you get CIU lit. CIU will eventually light during standard gameplay. Hit the scoop to start it.
Crank it up: Shoot flashing shots to score. Hit Cross, Snake, Coffin, Elec chair to relight CIU to get out of the mode and 'Collect' Your jackpot.
Blackened: Hit 4 standup targets a bunch of times to collect band members and eventually start blackened.
Light Seek & Destroy: Each shot has 3 identical inserts (elec chair, snake, cross). When you make a shot, the spider insert will be flashing indicating that bank of inserts is ready to be captured. With that shot's spider insert blinking; shoot the elec chair, snake, cross to light its shots inserts. Once all inserts are flashing for that particular shot, shoot it then hit the coffin to lock in that bank of inserts for remainder of game (or til S&D is started). Doing this to 5 main shots will light seek & destroy.
Seek & Destroy: Shoot the flashing shot then hit the captive ball/block.

#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Share what you come up with please.

Sure, right now leaning toward making them out of metal.

#1858 5 years ago

The left orbit on my MET is pretty tight because of the lane guide position. Is the gap normal between the wood and the metal?

Rob

20141223_145115.jpg
#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The left orbit on my MET is pretty tight because of the lane guide position. Is the gap normal between the wood and the metal?
Rob

20141223_145115.jpg 237 KB

I think all Mets are all pretty tight. Mine was so tight, that slow balls would get stuck. You can loosen the screws that hold the left orbit lane guide down, then reposition out a bit more and tighten down. Did that to mine and have never had a ball stuck since.

#1860 5 years ago

same here, with ball stucked... just "polish" all that zone, and ball will slip again with no prob

#1861 5 years ago

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will no longer be making any Sparky airball plastics.

If you have already contacted me about getting one, but haven't paid, and decide you still want one, I will complete that transaction and send you out one

If you have issues with sparky plastics that I have sent out over the last few months and need a replacement, I will support that and get you a replacement.

But I'm not going to be accepting any new requests.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but its time for me to focus more on family and not spend my weekends in the garage making plastics. Also the endless trips to the post office to get supplies is getting old too.

Thanks for all who have purchased a plastic from me and the kind words/feedback. I have been glad to have been able to help peeps out.

Thanks,

Rick

#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will no longer be making any Sparky airball plastics.
If you have already contacted me about getting one, but haven't paid, and decide you still want one, I will complete that transaction and send you out one
If you have issues with sparky plastics that I have sent out over the last few months and need a replacement, I will support that and get you a replacement.
Sorry for any inconvenience, but its time for me to focus more on family and not spend my weekends in the garage making plastics. Also the endless trips to the post office to get supplies is getting old too.
Thanks for all who have purchased a plastic from me and the kind words/feedback. I have been glad to have been able to help peeps out.
Thanks,
Rick

Enjoy your family time and thank you for your contributions to the hobby.

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry for any inconvenience, but its time for me to focus more on family and not spend my weekends in the garage making plastics.

Family first! Most people can understand that, and thanks for the ones you did make!

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks,
Rick

Completely understand Rick, thanks for your great product. Family first.

#1865 5 years ago

Had an epic game yesterday and had to come and share with the club. Started all 4 CIU modes, cashed in on two of them and drained on two of them. Had two extra balls, scored over 40 million on seek and destoy, and made it to End of the Line. Must have been a almost 30 min game.dou

20141228_092853.jpg
#1866 5 years ago

Thanks Rick !!!!

Awesome game man to the guy above me...

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Had an epic game yesterday and had to come and share with the club. Started all 4 CIU modes, cashed in on two of them and drained on two of them. Had two extra balls, scored over 40 million on seek and destoy, and made it to End of the Line. Must have been a almost 30 min game.dou

20141228_092853.jpg 206 KB

Wow, I guess I need to play better!

#1868 5 years ago

So ive been messing around with the GI on my met pro and wanted to go led, but keep it pretty much the same look. So i understand that the led stern met pros are using the warm white CT 2 led bulbs for GI. So i picked enough up for my machine. Mostly happy with it except for a few places.

There is a GI socket right above the left outlane that is blinding when its got the CT 2led in it. The plastic above it doesnt cover the bulb so its "staring you right in the face". I ended up putting a frosted CT warm white led in there.

Similar situation, although not as bad is the bulb under the right ramp near the bottom pop bumper and the end of the shooter lane. Normally its covered by the ramp, but if you lean over from center to the right it has direct line of sight for me (im 6 ft even). Did the same frosted trick on that socket too.

The sockets in the slings are also a tricky spot for me. The 2 leds seemed to wash out or make bright spots on the plastics. So tried warm white retro leds from CT. They work better, but have a slight green tinge to them that i dont really like. The frosteds just look funny and dont out out enough light in this position.

Any suggestions?

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

not bad, not bad...

#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The sockets in the slings are also a tricky spot for me. The 2 leds seemed to wash out or make bright spots on the plastics. So tried warm white retro leds from CT. They work better, but have a slight green tinge to them that i dont really like. The frosteds just look funny and dont out out enough light in this position.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried Comets new Sunlight bulb? The color temp is between regulars and retros.

#1871 5 years ago

Okay, I may have missed this but have to ask...I was messing around last night in-between my 2 pins and was accidentally hitting the left flipper button on Met Pro (squeezing in between)and the dmd did some weird Metallica logo I had not seen before almost like ghosting then I hit the flippers and was able to scroll through the rules>? Anyone else able to do this? I have no idea what I did but I keep screwing w/ left flipper button and could only get it to go into competition mode.

#1872 5 years ago

Ive never seen this. But inhave done what you are saying and about shit my pants when james or sparky yelled out behind me. Im usually doing work in the middle of the night alone in the basement... Its kinda funny if you think about it.

Having the rules would be cool.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cliff and I were as thick as thieves in high school.

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive never seen this. But inhave done what you are saying and about shit my pants when james or sparky yelled out behind me. Im usually doing work in the middle of the night alone in the basement... Its kinda funny if you think about it.
Having the rules would be cool.

Yeah, I have done the same thing a few times. I think i'm going to break my left flipper trying to figure out how it happened (how to do what I saw) as it's driving me nuts!

#1875 5 years ago

Can someone explain how to get 4X scoring going? I know 2X scoring happens with the fuel piston.

Also what does the snake 3X mean that I see sometimes on the display? And how would I have accomplished that?

Thanks in advance.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Can someone explain how to get 4X scoring going? I know 2X scoring happens with the fuel piston.

Add on another 2x to make 4 by getting all 4 pics lit and then shooting a ball into the snake during a multiball.

#1877 5 years ago

Thanks btw75

How does the sanke add a ball work during multiball?

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Thanks btw75
How does the sanke add a ball work during multiball?

Hit the picks to make them lit solid, then shoot the snake. I'd recommend watching the papa tutorial.

http://papa.flipperliste.at/?v=321

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Hit the picks to make them lit solid, then shoot the snake. I'd recommend watching the papa tutorial.
http://papa.flipperliste.at/?v=321

Great video, really helped me understand much more! Thanks PAPA

#1880 5 years ago

Thanks for linking the PAPA vid. I have never watched one of those before.

Very helpfull!

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Add on another 2x to make 4 by getting all 4 pics lit and then shooting a ball into the snake during a multiball.

That's my strategy at the start of every multiball, go for the picks, the snake, and then the fuel lane doubler. I don't know which is more rewarding, the points you score at that point or the JACK-F*CKIN-POT! Hetfield callout for the 4x super jackpot.

#1882 5 years ago

Yah I have heard the potty mouthed call out a couple times, but never understood what I did to get it, other than just playing well.

It's sure sweet when you hear it amid the mutliball chaos!!!

#1883 5 years ago

Getting that callout is so rewarding!

#1884 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this for our Metallica's Rick! Much appreciated!

#1885 5 years ago

Just noticed my Sparky protector cracked and separated at the left mounting point. I don't believe I over-tightened the post as I'm usually very careful about that. Probably a hard hit from an air-ball or two.

I'm going to repair it and reinforce that area with a piece of lexan. You guys might want to check yours and make sure it doesn't already have a stress crack, or reinforce it now before this happens.

IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1268.JPG
#1886 5 years ago

Sorry to see that. PM sent

#1888 5 years ago

I'm sure most of u guys have already seen it, but Metallica has now jumped up to 11th in the PINSIDE top 100. Nice to see it's finally moving up to it's deserved place in the top 10. Top 5 next!

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm sure most of u guys have already seen it, but Metallica has now jumped up to 11th in the PINSIDE top 100. Nice to see it's finally moving up to it's deserved place in the top 10. Top 5 next!

#1890 5 years ago

I just joined the club this weekend I scored this master of puppets LE with very low plays so low the original owner never updated the original code which is awesome for me LOL just updated it I may have to order one of the new magnet boards I don't think Stern will just send me one being a second owner any suggestions from anyone? working on getting my list of mods ordered as money allows I just ordered a shaker snake tongue decal super bands in purple and some new pinballs I need to get the snake fangs but seeing asthere are a few other thing on Mezels site I want I may wait a few weeks and order all at once also have to order mirror voids last night I took some LEDs that I had laying around my workshop and tweaked it a little bit what do you guys think?

image.jpg image-956.jpg
#1891 5 years ago

Looks great. Your gonna have tons of fun. Don't forget the self powered sub woofer.

#1892 5 years ago

Got one ready to go

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I just joined the club this weekend I scored this master of puppets LE with very low plays so low the original owner never updated the original code which is awesome for me. KB

Man that thing looks sweet! Seen your post on FB, nice grab! I'm hoping to move up to a premium or LE if one comes up locally. Colors with the LEDs looks nice, look forward to seeing the end results.

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I may have to order one of the new magnet boards I don't think Stern will just send me one being a second owner any suggestions from anyone?

First off, share a pic of your magnet board, we can tell you if it's the new one or not.

Secondly, Stern will make you go through the original game's distributor. So you should talk to the original owner and find out who that was if you do need it.

#1895 5 years ago

I've had 2 replacement magnet boards since opening mine. The current one works perfectly - the coffin magnet grabs almost perfectly now.

#1896 5 years ago

Why you might want to keep the ugly plastic next to the snake on.

image.jpg

#1897 5 years ago

Yah I played mine for a couple days before the sneeze gaurd that I took of the right ramp proved to be needed. I had the balls jump right off the ramp and land in the shooter lane, atleast I didn't have to stop my game..... lol

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

My best 3 ball game yet,

image.jpg 233 KB

Heres my 3 ball score at one of the European comps with no extra balls and tournament mode. Wow close

i57.tinypic.com_ji16qb.jpg
#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First off, share a pic of your magnet board, we can tell you if it's the new one or not.

That doesn't matter if its a new board or not. Mine had the new board in it, and it still failed. Thankfully Stern sent me a free replacement, but ya that little pink or red dot means squat.

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why you might want to keep the ugly plastic next to the snake on.

image.jpg 228 KB

Whats on the hammer? Did you make it? Looks cool!

I haven't had any issues, you may have to adjust your wireform ramp. I helped someone at there house and he removed the guard, played some games, the ball was jumping off the ramp, adjusted the wireform ramp and 200 plays later his isn't jumping off, his is a pro. I have 300 plays on mine since removing it (premium) with no issues either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside