Topic Stats

• 17,193 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,944 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17193 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 344.
#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

No protective piece for Sparky with Pinbits protectors $25 kit. I got this kit and only put on the sling protectors. No piece for Sparky, But Rickwh, makes a Sparky protector, I bought one off him $5 shipped, just haven't installed it yet. Its regular clear piece not yellow like in the above photo though.

Yep i will make a sparky airball plastic for anyone that wants one for $5 (paypal as a gift) shipped to ya. Just need to have a USPS address (international is way to expensive). Pm me for paypal info.

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Just bought a Met pro

Nice. Now BLING the sucka out.

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yep i will make a sparky airball plastic for anyone that wants one for $5 (paypal as a gift) shipped to ya. Just need to have a USPS address (international is way to expensive). Pm me for paypal info.

I'll take one. PM sent. Thanks

#1604 5 years ago

Got Laseriffic's crosses in the back inlanes. Something about them really makes that area pop now. I love them - well worth the money to me!

20141112_210751.jpg20141112_210806.jpg

#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome!

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got Laseriffic's crosses in the back inlanes. Something about them really makes that area pop now. I love them - well worth the money to me!

20141112_210751.jpg 220 KB

20141112_210806.jpg 294 KB

They fill that dead spot with light and look perfect.

#1607 5 years ago

Hey guys , I was looking at the Pinbits plastic set, I am getting the sparky plastic from Rickwh to help with those air balls, is it really worth installing all this protector stuff on a huo game, was looking at cliffys, mylar etc, this is my first nib game so I really don't know what I should do, thanks for your input

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Hey guys , I was looking at the Pinbits plastic set, I am getting the sparky plastic from Rickwh to help with those air balls, is it really worth installing all this protector stuff on a huo game, was looking at cliffys, mylar etc, this is my first nib game so I really don't know what I should do, thanks for your input

I bought the below for my Pro.

ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3045

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

Thought these were cool too...so got them

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3270

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I bought the below for my Pro.
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

How are you liking this? I usually much prefer Mantis protectors and this looks like that style.

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

How are you liking this? I usually much prefer Mantis protectors and this looks like that style.

I haven't received it yet. I have installed the shooter lane protector pieces since I got those a couple weeks ago. This is the Mantis style I thought...since it doesn't come onto the playfield.

I did install these style protectors on the Bell and Jukebox areas of AC/DC Prem....and they fit great and use existing holes under the playfield.

#1611 5 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday with a NIB Metallica Monsters Premium! Going to spend the weekend levelling, adding protectors and if I am lucky, actually playing

#1612 5 years ago

Congrats...nice addition to an already awesome line up

#1613 5 years ago

Seems to me the strategy is to start Electric Chair multiball as often as you can, right? Use that multiball to score jackpots while gathering up snakes, grave markers, coffin hits on the way to Crank It Up? As soon as CIU is played, start smacking Sparky again, and repeat?

#1614 5 years ago

I would agree that is a good way to go....works the best for me

Unless you get close to grave marker multiball(2 shots away). If I get all the markers down, then I go for it then.

SPARKY ALL DAY otherwise.

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Seems to me the strategy is to start Electric Chair multiball as often as you can, right? Use that multiball to score jackpots while gathering up snakes, grave markers, coffin hits on the way to Crank It Up? As soon as CIU is played, start smacking Sparky again, and repeat?

That would be the dominant high score/tournament strategy. Substitute other multiballs as they become ready, but focus is squarely on Sparky if nothing else is close to starting.

#1616 5 years ago

I tend to focus on the captive ball and sparky. I usually get coffin MB by the third ball most games. Coffin is nice because it stacks with other MBs.

#1617 5 years ago

Getting 7 SJP's in Sparky in a game also unlocks SJPs on all shots which is hugely lucrative so don't just forget about that and focus on CIU stuff - there is jackpot progression in Electric Chair MB and it pays off huge

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I tend to focus on the captive ball and sparky. I usually get coffin MB by the third ball most games. Coffin is nice because it stacks with other MBs.

I will now often beat the hell out of the coffin shot during ball saver at the start of a MB to rack up locks. Being able to progress all 3 locks on a premium without requiring the locks changed things soooo much. Huge improvement.

#1619 5 years ago

I've got these on my Refinery Pro and they look great.

#1620 5 years ago

My best 3 ball game yet,image.jpg

#1622 5 years ago

Started upgrading the audio system tonight. Waiting on the Boss amplifiers....

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Started upgrading the audio system tonight. Waiting on the Boss amplifiers....
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. So you think the cab mid-sub was an improvement over stock and worth the money?

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for posting. So you think the cab mid-sub was an improvement over stock and worth the money?

As of now, yes, it was a good improvement over the stock cabinet speaker. The new one is a mid range woofer, so the trebles are better, but they're not like crazy crystal clear....yet. That's what the amplifiers will be for; we can make the trebles more pronounced and bring down the bass a bit.

Really, the only need for bass is with the Polk external sub. It is so powerful, there is no need for bass from anything else.

For $12 plus shipping, man, you can't go wrong really. I'll say this, for $12 plus shipping, it is a sound improvement over the stock cabinet speaker.

#1625 5 years ago

Finally got to End of the Line this morning. Full disclosure: Took 3 EB's - first from coffin hits, second from combos, third from 100 coffin hits... Final score only 500mil as no mode performance was overly good and I escaped Battery and Sandman modes ASAP once I decided to push for EoL.

Aaaaand, did terrible in it. I won't share any big spoilers or anything but I will pass along a small word of advice since its so hard to get to: it's unexpectedly timed. So unlike other CiU modes, don't sit and try to gather yourself like I did or you will find yourself back at the start sooner than you'd like lol.

#1626 5 years ago

almost, you've gone until there, well done

#1627 5 years ago

epic game tonight ,it was about 30 to 40 minutes to get this score, what an awesome pin!

20141117_164026.jpg

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

epic game tonight ,it was about 30 to 40 minutes to get this score, what an awesome pin!

20141117_164026.jpg 208 KB

Crap.....you aint commin to my house and playin mine. GREAT game, I'm jealous.

#1629 5 years ago

I cant decide if i like the new pro decal on the speaker panel. Matches the cabinet artwork, and im not sure what else would work. Just not sure if i like it. Maybe im just used to black speaker panel. Idk. Maybe Aurich can work something up..... Hint hint...

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Crap.....you aint commin to my house and playin mine. GREAT game, I'm jealous.

Yeah, quite unlikely that mine will see that kind of score from me, unless I wuss out and turn on extra balls instead of replays and 5 ball mode...

#1631 5 years ago

I don't even know if the flippers on mine would last 30 minutes. I've checked the EOS and they are gapped correctly, but the coils just seem to heat up more and the flippers get noticeably weaker after 20 minutes of play. This does not happen on my ACDC or ST.

My game also suddenly started having ridiculous ball launch issues where the autoplunge was launching the ball over the shooter lane rail and into the middle of the playfield %50 of the time. I had to tweak the launcher prongs several times to get it to stop.

Rob

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I cant decide if i like the new pro decal on the speaker panel. Matches the cabinet artwork, and im not sure what else would work. Just not sure if i like it. Maybe im just used to black speaker panel. Idk. Maybe Aurich can work something up..... Hint hint...

Heh. I have the template for it since it's the same panel as Star Trek, dunno if there even enough of those new Pros out there for there to be any real demand. Or what I'd even do for it.

I haven't seen on in person yet, it seems like it should match the game okay, what would you have preferred to see?

I am toying with some Metallica projects (not a translite!) but I have an LE so that's my point of reference for everything.

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I like the new backbox design. The display looks really good when it's not recessed an inch like the older versions. And a decal really finishes it off as opposed to a plain look.

Rob

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the new backbox design. The display looks really good when it's not recessed an inch like the older versions. And a decal really finishes it off as opposed to a plain look.
Rob

Yeah, I agree. I don't care for decals on the old wood panels, but I really like how they look on the metal with the flush speakers and DMD.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Yeah, quite unlikely that mine will see that kind of score from me, unless I wuss out and turn on extra balls instead of replays and 5 ball mode...

Even then I wouldn't be puttin up a score like that.

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. I have the template for it since it's the same panel as Star Trek, dunno if there even enough of those new Pros out there for there to be any real demand. Or what I'd even do for it.
I haven't seen on in person yet, it seems like it should match the game okay, what would you have preferred to see?
I am toying with some Metallica projects (not a translite!) but I have an LE so that's my point of reference for everything.

Im not sure. Haven't seen it in person. It probably looks awesome. Just seems like it should tie in with the lightning theme of the back drop on the playfield or something.

It may just be that im used to the black of the old style.

Ive thought of trying to make a decal for the old style, but when i was thinking about that, i was thinking of how to make the old look like the new.

#1637 5 years ago

Officially in the club today!

This is the new style with the metal backbox, angled speaker panel with decal and LED's. Wayyy too bright for me, I'll be making some changes to the lighting in the near future. The speaker panel decal is ok, but I think they could have done better.

Think I'll be late for work tomorrow!

IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1235.JPG IMG_1236.JPG
#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Officially in the club today!
This is the new style with the metal backbox, angled speaker panel with decal and LED's. Wayyy too bright for me, I'll be making some changes to the lighting in the near future. The speaker panel decal is ok, but I think they could have done better.
Think I'll be late for work tomorrow!

IMG_1202.JPG 142 KB

IMG_1235.JPG 205 KB

IMG_1236.JPG 268 KB

Welcome and let the modding begin.

#1639 5 years ago

Anyone know if there is a way to test the magnet board? I've started to get some phantom hammer hits. Never happened before about a week ago. Now I'm getting 1 every two or three games. Any thoughts?

#1640 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't even know if the flippers on mine would last 30 minutes. I've checked the EOS and they are gapped correctly, but the coils just seem to heat up more and the flippers get noticeably weaker after 20 minutes of play. This does not happen on my ACDC or ST.
My game also suddenly started having ridiculous ball launch issues where the autoplunge was launching the ball over the shooter lane rail and into the middle of the playfield %50 of the time. I had to tweak the launcher prongs several times to get it to stop.
Rob

Mine does that too, I had to tweak the rod to center it, as it would strike off-center of the ball, causing it to bounce right and then into the playfield.

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know if there is a way to test the magnet board? I've started to get some phantom hammer hits. Never happened before about a week ago. Now I'm getting 1 every two or three games. Any thoughts?

I'll preface this by saying this whole thing is probably just coincidence but.. after about 3 weeks of perfect play with the replacement hammer board I started getting a few phantom hits last week. I tried reseating connectors and a few other things with no luck.

Then I noticed a tiny metal shaving (barely visible) stuck to the surface of the magnet. I figure it came from the wear on the newton block edges (I need to get that captive ball mod in there). I picked that up, wiped down the area (which I should do more often), wiggled the magnet around a bit, and since I haven't had a phantom hit in a few days. Who knows, maybe it actually had something to do with it or maybe I've just been lucky the last few days.

#1642 5 years ago

Worth a shot. I'll give it a good cleaning and see what happens. It catches the ball great so the phantom hits have come as a surprise.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

The speaker panel decal is ok, but I think they could have done better.

Hmm, yeah, maybe it looks better when you can see the sides of the cabinet, but that closeup shot does make it look a little out of place, it doesn't really match the feel of the translite. Cool design though, I don't think it was executed badly, just maybe should have matched the translite instead of the cabinet design.

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, yeah, maybe it looks better when you can see the sides of the cabinet, but that closeup shot does make it look a little out of place, it doesn't really match the feel of the translite. Cool design though, I don't think it was executed badly, just maybe should have matched the translite instead of the cabinet design.

To me it just looks drab, like the colors should be brighter.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To me it just looks drab, like the colors should be brighter.

Might be the way they printed it. For my Star Trek ones I had them laminated for extra gloss, makes the colors pop more.

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might be the way they printed it. For my Star Trek ones I had them laminated for extra gloss, makes the colors pop more.

That's what I was thinking.

#1647 5 years ago

Joined the club today

image.jpg
#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Crap.....you aint commin to my house and playin mine.

LOL, the only thing I changed on the factory settings was set it on free play, the ball just would not drain, it was a crazy game. it must be a great game cause I want to do it again, I did notice a few hard hits on the flippers during multi ball did push them down

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Joined the club today

image.jpg 237 KB

About time. Your room looks interesting. Got more pictures?

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

LOL, the only thing I changed on the factory settings was set it on free play, the ball just would not drain, it was a crazy game. it must be a great game cause I want to do it again, I did notice a few hard hits on the flippers during multi ball did push them down

They have no problem draining on my game, maybe yours is defective.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
There are 17193 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside