Topic Stats

• 17,289 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MJW
  • Topic is favorited by 368 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,965 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg
b8c0f2e2465930d6fe917697e219f84bae3d1b6e.jpeg (resized).jpg
20200126_165041 (resized).jpg
7E873FB7-3693-497C-8928-EA87AF9418C0 (resized).jpeg
1A93D9FE-6F28-4633-AB69-2AC241163DF1 (resized).jpeg
EE7496D8-1BB5-4B65-8EA8-D9795DF7EB0E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1266 5 years ago

I think the LED code takes away dimming effects since LEDs can't handle those without a OCD. In fact, fans of the OCD board should run the non-LED style option. It was covered more in one of the IMVE version threads where herg chimed in to the discussion.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought the LED version was the only one that could dim? The regular bulb pro has no dimming effects. Or does the premium have a built in OCD?

I'm not certain - but I thought no built in OCD in its entirety, but there was some built in ghosting prevention that also has to be bypassed when using the OCD.

#1270 5 years ago

This is the thread that had some discussion on the matter:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-182-code-readme

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think a "good" score for me is around the 230 million mark. Our outlanes are open all the way IIRC, our tilt is pretty loose to compensate.

I hope to get close to that someday. I have thus far resisted adding extra balls instead of replays like some of the weenies on here, I don't want it to be cheap!!

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I've been following this thread as I want a MET, but have had no luck finding one in MI. Anyone know of one for sale in a nearby state?
Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a NIB. What's the going rate for a PRO? I know it's in the 4's, but where exactly?

I think the new style pro is nicer than the original, so keep that in mind.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Are there any other differences to the new style to justify an extra $350?

The speaker panel sticker looks pretty good. I saw the it in person and was pretty impressed with the look.

1 week later
#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Swapped my block for a Newton ball last night. Love it, totally worth the effort to upgrade.

Late to the game on this one. Do we just need the Newton assembly?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

#1433 5 years ago

I also love that you have to decide to continue and build or collect the bonus in CIU.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Im Thinking about switching to white rubbers, what size are the sling rubbers on MET? They look small 2"?

The manual says 2"... but haven't taken mine off to double check .

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/421/MTLAB1.PDF

1 week later
#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

As mentioned...those are awesome to have....where did you get them? Link, PLEASE...I need to get these on my games, just installed 3 sets of mirror blades.

AutoZone probably has them.

#1547 5 years ago

Probably so....wonder if I can just buy the size I need. Will have to check it out.

you probably have to but an assortment, but that will be cheaper than shipping in just 5/16".

Great idea NPO!

#1609 5 years ago

I bought the below for my Pro.
ebay.com link ยป Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

How are you liking this? I usually much prefer Mantis protectors and this looks like that style.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Crap.....you aint commin to my house and playin mine. GREAT game, I'm jealous.

Yeah, quite unlikely that mine will see that kind of score from me, unless I wuss out and turn on extra balls instead of replays and 5 ball mode...

1 week later
#1688 5 years ago

Hey Rickwh, thanks a bunch for the Sparky plastic. Installed yesterday evening and am pleased. I also installed the stand up target splints and waxed the thing for the first time since I bought it 500 games ago. Holy smokes it got fast!

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

From your picture it looks like your plunger is aligned a little to the right.

I wonder if that explains the left cliffy getting beat up as well.

#1707 5 years ago

Have bricking drops been an issue? Since shopping mine I've been getting solid shots to the drops (more than just the front one) rejected with no drop. The only difference I can think of that I caused was cleaning the flipper mechs and replacing nasty coil sleeves when in combination with waxing has resulted in significantly higher ball speeds. I didn't mess with that mech at all, nor have I inspected it since I noticed the problem. Thinking possibly its gotten loose and shifted back?

Curious if this is a known issue with a solution. I'll get to popping the hood on mine in a day or two.

1 month later
#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Can someone explain how to get 4X scoring going? I know 2X scoring happens with the fuel piston.

Add on another 2x to make 4 by getting all 4 pics lit and then shooting a ball into the snake during a multiball.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Thanks btw75
How does the sanke add a ball work during multiball?

Hit the picks to make them lit solid, then shoot the snake. I'd recommend watching the papa tutorial.

http://papa.flipperliste.at/?v=321

2 months later
#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I started having issues with the ball falling off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane after I hit the right ramp shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix/mid for it?

No issues here. Is it falling off before or after the sneeze guard? Has the habitrail been removed and then back on? Is it tight?

1 month later
#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone know where to find the "mantis" style mystery hole protector?

Email him. I did and he said he was working on one - I really want one sooner than later so you emailing might encourage him that there is a market. Mine is showing a tiny tiny bit of wear so I'm getting concerned.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So, I'm starting to consider doing something stupid with my METLE. I recently got a TFLE PF that was cleared by HSA and it's amazing. I'm thinking about ripping my game apart and sending the PF off to HSA to be done. Have I just lost my freaking mind? I'd really like to do this for both MET and my AC/DC Prem.

I've thought about it as well. maybe a little crazy.

#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

They need to be stronger than the ones lit winkle drop made for WOZ as the first met drop takes more beating i think. My 'new design' one didn't last long and I fear it is the process unless the translucent materials are just weaker.

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Did you use ABS or PLA? I know that ABS is stronger and may be able to take the hits better.
Brian

I'm not sure what Mezel uses.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I have a new design that is printed horizontal instead of vertical and they appear to be very good.

Good - I bought a new design last fall but it may be redone since then.

2 weeks later
#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Money's getting tight with a new baby on the way

WHAT??? Congrats!

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I may be forced to make the change though to get some extra cash

You can always sell me Star Trek. Or AC DC. Or Avengers. Or you can just sell your MOPLE and play mine when you have the urge.

2 weeks later
#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

I've had mine for two weeks today and had the same thing happen, and it appears there are two more chips below there about to come off..

2 weeks total use????

HOLY CRAP if so. I'd start talking to your distributor ASAP.

2 weeks later
#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody else take the sneeze guard off the right ramp? I took mine off a few weeks ago and have had fast ramp shots end up in the shooter lane, so I guess I'll put it back. Wish it wasn't so fugly.

Go look up S37VEN posts and buy his wire form.

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Getting ready to start do the dots for "Seek and Destroy", can someone please tell me how to activate this mode?
Thanks in advance.

Light solid all the shots.

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

This is correct; e.g. you need 15 hits to get the coffin lit for CIU, ball 1 you have 14 then drain, then on ball 2 you just have to get 1 to light the coffin.

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Has someone posted a list of mods and protective addons for Metallica Pro / Premium- LE somewhere? I think it would be a great idea to have one post or thread listing everything available and where to get it from. If done already please point me to the spot, thanks.

I don't think there is consensus. Watch your sparky magnet, make sure it's adjusted - consider mylar. plastic protectors if you want, specifically by sparky which keeps the airballs in control around that magnet. For the right scoop, I use the mantis-style but others use a cliffy. For mods, the only must have for the Prem/LE is the captive ball instead of the newton block.

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

I've got a mylar circle on order for the magnet. Any issues working through the mylar? And what adjustment are you referring to the magnet?

The magnet needs to sit flush with the playfield. It likely will be adjusted just fine, but if it's too low wood chips could occur and if it's too high airballs will occur. The magnet core is threaded for adjustment. If it feels fairly flush I wouldn't mess with it, but every now and then they need it.

1 week later
#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Totally agree. But ... I wish I could just hit the piston lane on command like that.

Or the scoop!!!

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I feel the piston shot is critical for big scoring opportunities so I practice that shot.

When I fell like "practicing" I just shoot for the scoop and the piston - regardless of score or game situation. I should really "practice" more often.

2 months later
#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Played perfect right out of the box.
Love this game.

Looking at those scores, I'm not certain that its playing perfect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 93.00
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, OH
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside