Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 338.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Whats on the hammer? Did you make it? Looks cool!

That's a replacement hammer I'm working on:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-metallica-hammer-design

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Whats on the hammer? Did you make it? Looks cool!
I haven't had any issues, you may have to adjust your wireform ramp. I helped someone at there house and he removed the guard, played some games, the ball was jumping off the ramp, adjusted the wireform ramp and 200 plays later his isn't jumping off, his is a pro. I have 300 plays on mine since removing it (premium) with no issues either.

How would you "adjust" the ramp so that the balls don't fly off it?

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

How would you "adjust" the ramp so that the balls don't fly off it?

Theres the nut on the sling and another above CIU, loosen them and you can move the ramp around a bit. Adjusting it was what worked on my buddies pro. I haven't had to adjust nothing and zero issues. Just my experience is all. I'am at 6.5 and leveled as well.

#1904 4 years ago

Real nice man, real fricken nice! You do awesome work Aurich!

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Real nice man, real fricken nice! You do awesome work Aurich!

Thanks man. Wasn't really meant to be a big project, just a one off I did for myself, but I'm going to try and make it work for people.

I have another Metallica project I'm cooking up too. I'm still loving my game, so it makes me want to tweak it. It's a bit more complicated, so a little ways off from being ready to show anything still.

#1906 4 years ago

Can anyone help me with this :

I can get an old (non led pro version) Metallica pro NIB. It is not the first run edition, so the fangs are gone, and there are updated droptargets. All looks good...

Difference's NO led, VS LED version:
I know that the backbox is different, the speakers are not on an angle, and there is no decal between the speakers, and off course there are no leds...

But is there the (cliffy style) snake protector on the early "No led pro" ???
Could anyone help me with this, and are there more difference's between those 2 versions ???

Thnx in advance!

#1907 4 years ago

Got my MET Pro in April '14. It is showing a build date of August '13 and does have the snake protector.

#1908 4 years ago

psygho - go for it (assuming it's less $$$ than a new LED version). Both versions will have the metal at the snake. With the LED version they are all white anyways. Most people change some of them to color match inserts and change the GI anyways so you still wind up spending some money on LED's anyways. The only question you have to ask is if you prefer the old style cabinet or the new one better. That to me would be the only reason to pass on go with a newer one is if you prefer the new style cab.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Yah I played mine for a couple days before the sneeze gaurd that I took of the right ramp proved to be needed. I had the balls jump right off the ramp and land in the shooter lane, atleast I didn't have to stop my game..... lol

I made some wireform replacements for the right ramp sneeze guard that match:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic

I sell them for $15 shipped in the U.S.

MET WF.jpg
#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

psygho - go for it (assuming it's less $$$ than a new LED version). Both versions will have the metal at the snake. With the LED version they are all white anyways. Most people change some of them to color match inserts and change the GI anyways so you still wind up spending some money on LED's anyways. The only question you have to ask is if you prefer the old style cabinet or the new one better. That to me would be the only reason to pass on go with a newer one is if you prefer the new style cab.

Yes it is 500 dollar less. But now I hear the vendor, cant guaranty that the fangs are not there.
I get the droptargets for free, if they are the old version. But had the early version the snake protector ?

#1911 4 years ago

All MET models from day 1 have the snake protector AFAIK. If there is one that doesn't have it I would be as shocked as anyone.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Yes it is 500 dollar less. But now I hear the vendor, cant guaranty that the fangs are not there.
I get the droptargets for free, if they are the old version. But had the early version the snake protector ?

All versions had the snake protector. I'd save the $$$ and get the original one. You can always add LEDs later for a lot less than $500

#1913 4 years ago

Save money get original met pro. If the snake has teeth, they may break off or they may not. Only one tooth broke on mine, and it broke the first night... i got the led lit snake head from imdarras and kept the 1 tooth original. I added the mezel teeth and it has been awesome ever since.

Rick

#1914 4 years ago

Yeah, I'd go for it. Snake fangs are cheap - http://mezelmods.com/collections/metallica/products/fangs. You could LED the whole game for less than $200 to if you wanted to do that. Only reason not to go for it would be if you like the new cab better.

#1915 4 years ago

Anyone try green T-Molding on a MET Pro? I was thinking about it but would like to see a sample...

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I made some wireform replacements for the right ramp sneeze guard that match:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic
I sell them for $15 shipped in the U.S.

MET WF.jpg 146 KB

Yes, I saw your idea, and made one for myself. Works great.

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, I'd go for it. Snake fangs are cheap - http://mezelmods.com/collections/metallica/products/fangs. You could LED the whole game for less than $200 to if you wanted to do that. Only reason not to go for it would be if you like the new cab better.

How different are the cabs?

#1918 4 years ago

Just the backbox is different as it has the new style head on it (and a decal on the speaker grill).

#1919 4 years ago

Just wanted to say I've had my Metallica for a couple months now, and I can't get enough of it. I really hit the jackpot getting it as my first pin. I will never let it go. I have since added the shadow, tftc, Star Trek and soon creature, but MET blows the others away. I do love the shadow and tftc too, but man. This game is on another level. Just my humble opinion! Would be interesting to know how many MET owners also consider it their favourite pin.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Just wanted to say I've had my Metallica for a couple months now, and I can't get enough of it. I really hit the jackpot getting it as my first pin. I will never let it go. I have since added The Shadow, tftc, Star Trek and soon creature, but MET blows the others away. I do love The Shadow and tftc too, but man. This game is on another level. Just my humble opinion! Would be interesting to know how many MET owners also consider it their favourite pin.

First NIB and first pin for me too, great choice!!!

#1921 4 years ago

My first pin and first nib as well. Im spoiled now. Awesome game that is never leaving the (small) collection!

#1922 4 years ago

I sold my tron original run preorder pro model for my metallica, and I have never regretted that once.

#1923 4 years ago

My met premium was my first Huo and I absolutely love the game! no regrets at all. It is so much fun to play and such a great range of shots.

#1924 4 years ago

So this has happened to me twice now, in electric chair multi ball during add a ball and snake multi ball I've managed to get two balls in the snakes mouth.maybe it is a common thing but I figured it can't happen very often. Has anyone else done this?

#1925 4 years ago

I must depart myself from this thread

Have fun headbangers

#1926 4 years ago

Finally joined the club last night

image.jpg
#1927 4 years ago

Became a member this weekend, plus this is my first NIB pin. So excited! Now just gotta keep my cool and order extras in an orderly fashion!met 13.jpg

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So this has happened to me twice now, in electric chair multi ball during add a ball and snake multi ball I've managed to get two balls in the snakes mouth.maybe it is a common thing but I figured it can't happen very often. Has anyone else done this?

I've done that more than a handful of times. I had changed the settings to lock a ball in the snakes mouth at first. But this was happening enough for me to want to go back to factory settings for that.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Became a member this weekend, plus this is my first NIB pin. So excited! Now just gotta keep my cool and order extras in an orderly fashion!

met 13.jpg 144 KB

Congrats. "order extras in an orderly fashion" yeah that aint gonna happen, there's a ton of "extras" out there and once ya get the mod bug all hell is gonna break loose. I even made some of my own mods to go along with the premade ones. Your gonna have a blast making it your own.

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. "order extras in an orderly fashion" yeah that aint gonna happen, there's a ton of "extras" out there and once ya get the mod bug all hell is gonna break loose.

Yeah ,I know. I already have items in my shopping cart on a couple sites.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. "order extras in an orderly fashion" yeah that aint gonna happen, there's a ton of "extras" out there and once ya get the mod bug all hell is gonna break loose. I even made some of my own mods to go along with the premade ones. Your gonna have a blast making it your own.

Yeah, I see me jumping in with both feet.

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Yeah, I see me jumping in with both feet.

I did that myself and I'm still not done! Welcome to the club of over-spending!

IMG_1310.JPG
#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I did that myself and I'm still not done! Welcome to the club of over-spending!

IMG_1310.JPG 252 KB

But Ron you still don't have my 2 home made and one store bought mods on yours so you have more to go. But I still have my Creeping Death to put on so your ahead of me there.

#1934 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But Ron you still don't have my 2 home made and one store bought mods on yours so you have more to go.

Well, I don't want to go over-board!

Just ordered the eyeball coffin sticker and something else I'm going to try, but that's a secret!

#1935 4 years ago

My coffin sticker lasted a few months before it lost it's stick. It's only one of those cling stickers.

#1936 4 years ago

Well i finally have made mine decision!
Over an couple of hours, im joining the owners club! Got the classic one NIB. My first NIB.
(non ledded version), and for the 1/4 savings I just put mine own custum led kit in it!

And I did some good investments for what was left:

I ordered a sheet of non glare glass, 2 service brackets, and the new side rails with flipperbutton pretecton with it...

Have the green convelux set for the slingschots,and bought the Metallica "full armor kit" protection from Cliffy.(2 slot protectors, scoop, sidewall and ball eject)

Finaly a bought 8 new o-shiny balls from PBL...

#1937 4 years ago

Can I join the club now that the check is in the mail for my pro?

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Well i finally have made mine decision!
Over an couple of hours, im joining the owners club! Got the classic one NIB. My first NIB.
(non ledded version), and for the 1/4 savings I just put mine own custum led kit in it!
And I did some good investments for what was left:
I ordered a sheet of non glare glass, 2 service brackets, and the new side rails with flipperbutton pretecton with it...
Have the green convelux set for the slingschots,and bought the Metallica "full armor kit" protection from Cliffy.(2 slot protectors, scoop, sidewall and ball eject)
Finaly a bought 8 new o-shiny balls from PBL...

Awesome man, your going to love it. Now get an external sub and crank it up!!!

#1939 4 years ago

Are Cliffy magnet protectors a must? I plan on installing the Mystery protector.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Are Cliffy magnet protectors a must?

I don't think so. I installed the Cliffy around the coffin hole which has held up well. I put mylar over the sparky and graveyard magnets, but the mylar didn't last too long. So I pulled it and all seems fine. I think you just need to keep an eye on it and make sure that the magnet doesn't wear below the pf surface as that is when you will start running into problems.

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can I join the club now that the check is in the mail for my pro?

Sorry but no. Do not jinx yourself! There was one guy on here that had to send his Metallica back like 3 times due to shipping damage. I only add a pin to my pinside collection and join a club once its in my gameroom and working

good luck...and congrats!

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sorry but no. Do not jinx yourself! There was one guy on here that had to send his Metallica back like 3 times due to shipping damage. I only add a pin to my pinside collection and join a club once its in my gameroom and working
good luck...and congrats!

Uh oh, too late and added. I hope I did not jinx myself.

#1943 4 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the pro led cab?

Thx!

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Can someone post a picture of the pro led cab?
Thx!

met 2.jpgmet 4.jpgmet 14.jpg

#1945 4 years ago

@ Charly Brown, I think Pninja005 meant the difference between those led and non led upper cabinets... But a few post up, you did post them, so iam confused
To be fiar, I like the old style more.Dont like the decal between speakers...

Annyway...
So I hope i do not jinx myself too!

A little update:
Well, it is here, and i unpacked it with an close frend of mine.. NO shipping damage , and all lights seem to be working..Got that ugly led DMD (eu country), but all dots are fine. Cabinet looks fine, and playfield too. No strange things or problems on first impression... Hope it stays that ay when I play mine first games!

It is not that old either!. Snake is de-fanged, and it is from june 30 2014, and came loaded with 1.6 firmware. So all is better then I expected, it has the new droptargets, and now I have 3 spare!.

Unfortunately it is too late to play any game.. But will have to mount all the protectors first, so it will take me a probable day or wto , before I can play the first games...

#1946 4 years ago

Flipper fidelity 8", 10" or pinball pro for this pin? I'm pretty happy with flipper fidelity in my TF and Lotr and STTNG.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Flipper fidelity 8", 10" or pinball pro for this pin? I'm pretty happy with flipper fidelity in my TF and Lotr and STTNG.

Go with what you know IMO. I have a Polk external sub and love it as well. Upgrading the sound system is a must!!

#1948 4 years ago

I'm running both a good Polk external and FF 8" on 3 machines now. I'm pretty happy with it......the neighbors are not!!!

#1949 4 years ago

I'm in! Picked up a new dirty Donny premium today...lovin it!

image.jpg image-834.jpg image-729.jpg
#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Neither. Just hook up an external powered subwoofer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Adrian, MI
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside