Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 338.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is anyone seeing airballs off the captiveball? I replaced the block and on dead on shots the ball seems to hop up into the back of the hammer quite often. Some other shots ricochet over the grave markers into the left orbit which has never happened before.
I put a 1mm washer under the captive ball and still saw airballs. I'm going to put the block back in.
Edit #2. I put the block back in. I think there's still slight airballs into the hammer, but at least there shouldn't be any more into the left side of the playfield.
Rob

Not one. I don't think I've ever seen an airball off the block or the ball.

Is your magnet plate level and not sitting high? Do you have the cliffy ring installed? I would expect those to maybe cause airballs a bit.

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Anyone have the part number for the TOTAN post? I think I'm going to try that route... Thanks.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

Works great on mine. Wouldn't change it back.

#1553 5 years ago

Was playing with coin reject designs this weekend. Doing other machines too, I'll make them available to people who want them.

image.jpg

#1554 5 years ago

Looks like I'm getting out of the club. Got a HUO Met Premium Monsters with about 500 plays. I have my NGG and TZ wrapped up in the corner b/c I'm out of room and would like to set them back up and play them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15592

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Was playing with coin reject designs this weekend. Doing other machines too, I'll make them available to people who want them.

image.jpg 86 KB

I especially like the spider.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Leave it stock is my feeling. I prefer to play the game as Lyman and Borg intended. It makes it more satisfying when you get a combo and get the ball whipping around too.

I feel that way as well, but really want spinners in the pro. That is the only thing holding me back from wanting to buy the spinner kit, before I get a met pro.

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

With a metal post there I can just see myself cringing every time someone pulls the plunger all the way back and it connects with a thud. Granted, an orbit shot does the same..

"Someone" needs to learn the super skill shot No reason for any plunge to hit that post when the playfield super or lane 2x is much more lucrative than the normal skillshot.

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"Someone" needs to learn the super skill shot No reason for any plunge to hit that post when the playfield super or lane 2x is much more lucrative than the normal skillshot.

And soft plunging on the pro can get a ball cradled on a flipper without starting the ball saver. Absolutely no reason to go for the regular skill shot on either game.

For those that don't shoot the super much, remember that one of the major shots is flashing for a *super* super. Hit that shot and you've completed all the inserts for that shot, which will get you to CIU and S&D that much faster. It's like the super on MM or AFM, only better.

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

im not the only person who plays it. that comment is related to family or non pinheads

#1560 5 years ago

May join the club. Best way to learn rules? Video? link to a site? thanks

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

May join the club. Best way to learn rules? Video? link to a site? thanks

This one is pretty good

#1562 5 years ago

Thanks!

If you judge a pin by the size of the pinside club MET is doing pretty good with 1550+ posts

#1563 5 years ago

So the question should be...why is it taking you so long?

#1564 5 years ago

as soon as my game sells have a line on one an hour away

#1565 5 years ago

I may also be putting my Monsters Premium up for grabs. I don't know what, but feeling the need for something different. I haven't played it much lately.

#1566 5 years ago

Say it aint so gecko!

#1567 5 years ago

I just did not like the Metallica songs in the game, except 1-2, so I decided to create my LedZep pin.,
Sorry for the awful video (cell phone), but the sound should be good., pin plays insane with them.!!
Stock speakers....I will make a better video with gameplay soon.!! (better camera of course, lol)

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I just did not like the Metallica songs in the game, so I decided to create my LedZep pin.,
Sorry for the awful video, but the sound should be good., pin plays insane with them.!!
» YouTube video

That's a truly a one of a kind Met but you'd better watch out for the Met Boys....they'll come lookin for ya to do ya harm. I like it.

#1569 5 years ago

LOL, yes MPaul, I got back -up...thanks

FOTEBFD.JPG
#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

LOL, yes MPaul, I got back -up...thanks

FOTEBFD.JPG 179 KB

"THE" Jimmy Page?

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Sorry for the awful video

I'm not sure awful adequately describes that one. I think you just won the prize for most unwatchable video on Pinside.

I dunno, Zepplin is a great band, but it's not really pinball music for me. I hope the never make a pin for them, it just doesn't sound like a match made in heaven.

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sure awful adequately describes that one. I think you just won the prize for most unwatchable video on Pinside.

and your gonna furnish the prize too right. If that's the case I want to enter for a chance to win some of your cool stuff.

#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Not one. I don't think I've ever seen an airball off the block or the ball.
Is your magnet plate level and not sitting high? Do you have the cliffy ring installed? I would expect those to maybe cause airballs a bit.

Not my game, but I had the same airballs as this guy has.

Notice the ball is also bouncing off the bottom edge of the hammer. This happens with the block too, but at least you don't get the ball flying over the grave markers (with the ball) like at the beginning of the video.

Rob

#1574 5 years ago

I have never seen air balls off the pro captive ball. Does the replacement parts have the metal hoop around the top of the ball? What about the metal plate under the ball?

I cant tell in the video if those are there. Maybe they help keep air balls down?

image.jpg

image-968.jpg

#1575 5 years ago

Has anyone found good (with newest rules) free play/instruction cards for Met Premium? I've seen some cool pro and LE but no Premium...thanks!

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Say it aint so gecko!

Yep. Likely going to throw it up on the block soon. It's a great game, but I just have owned it for a year and it's not tops for me.

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, Zepplin is a great band, but it's not really pinball music for me. I hope the never make a pin for them, it just doesn't sound like a match made in heaven.

You couldn't be further from the truth aurich, I find it to be the ultimate music to go with pinball.!!
It's all how they are integrated....

Come on, this the best multi-ball song ever

Quoted from MustangPaul:

"THE" Jimmy Page?

No, no, lol, just wanted to put it on there.. His score will soon be beaten.

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Has anyone found good (with newest rules) free play/instruction cards for Met Premium? I've seen some cool pro and LE but no Premium...thanks!

I guess it depends on which Premium you have. I have the pinballcards.com ones for my Roadcase and they look great. I know they've got a couple sets, but I don't know if there's a dedicated Monsters Set.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I guess it depends on which Premium you have. I have the pinballcards.com ones for my Roadcase and they look great. I know they've got a couple sets, but I don't know if there's a dedicated Monsters Set.

Yeah, monsters. I'd love cards with similar art, colors etc as the rest of the cab, translight and cab...

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have never seen air balls off the pro captive ball. Does the replacement parts have the metal hoop around the top of the ball? What about the metal plate under the ball?
I cant tell in the video if those are there. Maybe they help keep air balls down?

I think the ball gets some air going over the coffin magnet even though it's level. Plus with the captive ball on the premium, it leaves the left stainless steel guide a little unprotected. But you know what, you can't see the block or ball with that hammer in the way anyhow so it's kind of moot.

Rob

#1581 5 years ago

Today I just came from limelines house where he changed up the music to play led zep which makes this pin amazing. I was not a Metallica fan but playing the game with led zep is awesome. He also changed up his acdc to play different songs as well pretty cool. Thanks limeline for having me over today and the music plays real well with the pin

#1582 5 years ago
Quoted from triadwatch:

Today I just came from limelines house where he changed up the music to play led zep which makes this pin amazing. I was not a Metallica fan but playing the game with led zep is awesome. He also changed up his acdc to play different songs as well pretty cool. Thanks limeline for having me over today and the music plays real well with the pin

Sounds like he may have started something.

#1583 5 years ago

Glad to have you over Triadwatch ..!! you were so close to beating Jimmy Page on Met. for GC.!!
But you did get GC on Ac/Dc , so congrats on that.!!

FOTFAAA.JPG

FOT7B26.JPG

#1584 5 years ago

Got my grave marker plastic signed by Dirty Donny at the Houston Pinball Expo this weekend.

HELL YA

DD Plastic2.jpg

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Notice the ball is also bouncing off the bottom edge of the hammer. This happens with the block too, but at least you don't get the ball flying over the grave markers (with the ball) like at the beginning of the video.
Rob
» YouTube video

Odd you don't as well, but notice he has the cliffy ring installed. As I mentioned, the potential for airballs increases with that mod installed. In fact, with the block installed and the cliffy ring in place, I actually couldn't get shots to register ~50% of the time because the block was being hit so high by a 'hopped' ball and the force wasn't being transferred to the loose ball. I'd imagine with the captive ball in place, those would actually translate to airballs.

I would think it's your magnet plate sitting high (or maybe low?) causing you headaches. If it's not that there's no other physical phenomenon that could cause it to my knowledge. I get airballs like crazy off sparky but I can't think of a single one off my captive ball/block...

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yeah it's all there. They are the same parts as the pro.

#1587 5 years ago

On my pro the only air balls I was getting were off of Sparky. I added the below plastic from Pinbits and I haven't had any more. The air balls were beating the hell out of my magnet!
Brian

20140721_191409.jpg

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

On my pro the only air balls I was getting were off of Sparky. I added the below plastic from Pinbits and I haven't had any more. The air balls were beating the hell out of my magnet!
Brian

20140721_191409.jpg 180 KB

That's in the standard pinbits protector kit?

#1589 5 years ago

New bests for me this morning. Love this game. 115MM jackpot during Blackened!

photo 1-5.JPG

photo 2-5.JPG

photo 3-2.JPG

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

New bests for me this morning. Love this game. 115MM jackpot during Blackened!

Very nice. Blackened mode is wildly lucrative and can go on indefinitely behind the scenes if you keep making shots. It's a shame it's so rare to see, but with the scoring potential so big it makes sense.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'd like to know as well. Been thinking of getting the kit but the pics don't show that piece. I get major airballs from sparky's feet.

#1592 5 years ago

How hard is it to change music? If I get this game would want to add some songs from a band called Marillion. Easy to do?

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Im not sure Tamoore. I had emailed them awhile back asking if they had something for the Sparky area and they sent me one of those to try out. apparently it was something new they just made and needed a few testers, I was happy to help.

they also sent a clear piece to try out that is the same size.

Brian

#1594 5 years ago

I still have an uninstalled pinbits protector kit. Ill try to remember to look in it today and see if that plastic is in there.

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Im not sure Tamoore. I had emailed them awhile back asking if they had something for the Sparky area and they sent me one of those to try out. apparently it was something new they just made and needed a few testers, I was happy to help.
they also sent a clear piece to try out that is the same size.
Brian

It would be cool if they had a vinyl for it that looked like it was handcuffing his legs.

#1596 5 years ago

No protective piece for Sparky with Pinbits protectors $25 kit. I got this kit and only put on the sling protectors. No piece for Sparky, But Rickwh, makes a Sparky protector, I bought one off him $5 shipped, just haven't installed it yet. Its regular clear piece not yellow like in the above photo though.

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob
» YouTube video

Just watched the entire video, and ya, that Cliffy protector is launching the ball. I don't get that happening on mine, I don't use those protectors, just wax around the areas is plenty good for the home environment!

#1598 5 years ago

looking for a Met Pro near MD/VA/PA if anyone knows anyone leaving the club

#1599 5 years ago

Just bought a Met pro

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Looks like I'm getting out of the club. Got a HUO Met Premium Monsters with about 500 plays. I have my NGG and TZ wrapped up in the corner b/c I'm out of room and would like to set them back up and play them.

Man, if you were closer I have a nice DM and Stargate that I'd part with for your game but saddly we are on other sides of the country.
I am thinking more and more that I'd really like to get this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside