IMG_0402 (resized).jpeg
D42B8796-F379-414B-A278-8FF23DD2CA1D (resized).jpeg
C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,752 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 436.
#21651 59 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

Can someone help me identify the proper bulb for the post spotlights near the flippers? I’ve looked through the manual and can’t tell.
Thanks!

I think I may have found it. Looks like they might be 555 wedge Cool White LEDs. I’m new to the hobby and I think it’s the domes that have been throwing me off when looking around. Seems like the ones in the machine are these with the domes removed. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-premium-ghost-buster-1-smd-led-555-wedge-base-lamp-with-clear-dome.html

#21652 59 days ago

Joined the club yesterday!

20240328_200333 (resized).jpg20240328_200333 (resized).jpg20240328_200421 (resized).jpg20240328_200421 (resized).jpg
#21653 59 days ago

Hope you break that MET in and add a couple thousand more plays to that machine !

#21654 59 days ago

I don't think Met kept lifetime plays and every code update it would go back to 0.

#21655 58 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't think Met kept lifetime plays and every code update it would go back to 0.

This is correct

#21656 58 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't think it's been updated for a long time. 1.63 code.

Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hope you break that MET in and add a couple thousand more plays to that machine !

Working on it!

#21657 58 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't think it's been updated for a long time. 1.63 code.

Final code version is 1.8

#21658 56 days ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Final code version is 1.8

Exactly so the # of plays was not erased or re-set.

#21659 56 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

I think I may have found it. Looks like they might be 555 wedge Cool White LEDs. I’m new to the hobby and I think it’s the domes that have been throwing me off when looking around. Seems like the ones in the machine are these with the domes removed. Can anyone confirm?
https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-premium-ghost-buster-1-smd-led-555-wedge-base-lamp-with-clear-dome.html

You're probably overthinking it. There are the two basic types of bulbs, wedge and bayonet. As long as you get the right type of base the bulb will work fine. If you want the exact same look and feel as the original bulb then whether it's domed, multi SMD etc start to matter but at the end of the day it doesn't make a huge difference so as long as you like the look then it's fine.

It depends exactly which bulb you are trying to replace but I think most in this machine had domes on them so it may just be that the previous owner changed them or the dome fell off. The domes just pop right off.

#21660 53 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

You're probably overthinking it. There are the two basic types of bulbs, wedge and bayonet. As long as you get the right type of base the bulb will work fine. If you want the exact same look and feel as the original bulb then whether it's domed, multi SMD etc start to matter but at the end of the day it doesn't make a huge difference so as long as you like the look then it's fine.
It depends exactly which bulb you are trying to replace but I think most in this machine had domes on them so it may just be that the previous owner changed them or the dome fell off. The domes just pop right off.

Cool, I appreciate the feedback

#21661 48 days ago

Hey guys
If anyones interested, we are making another run of our awesome 3D snake mod.
You can pre-order them on our website here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-3d-snake-mod-for-stern-pinball
Only making 25 this run. First come first serve.
This is a PRE-ORDER.
We anticipate shipping them by the end of May.
Thanks and good luck..they sell out fast!
Thanks
Joe

#21662 48 days ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey guys
If anyones interested, we are making another run of our awesome 3D snake mod.
You can pre-order them on our website here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-3d-snake-mod-for-stern-pinball
Only making 25 this run. First come first serve.
This is a PRE-ORDER.
We anticipate shipping them by the end of May.
Thanks and good luck..they sell out fast!
Thanks
Joe

Awesome. I'm pretty sure I got the last one you guys had a year or two ago. It's one of my favorite mods for this machine, it really looks great and fits perfectly with the design of the game.

1 week later
#21663 41 days ago

I know everybody already knows, but these games are close to 10 yrs old now...dont forget to check your magnets for mushrooming before they damage the playfield.
I took mine out today and noticed the top starting to mushroom, not too bad but enough to notice...I had a replacement on hand, I will resurface the original and put it in the coinbox

20240416_135425 (resized).jpg20240416_135425 (resized).jpg20240416_135630 (resized).jpg20240416_135630 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240416_140202_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240416_140202_Gallery (resized).jpg
#21664 37 days ago

Hi. I am looking to purchase a unpopulated Metallica Premium playfield regardless of condition. Please see my add if interested. I am very motivated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175702

#21665 35 days ago

Edit: found this old thread. I think May have the answers I’m looking for. Thank you for the replies and suggestions as any help or advice is appreciated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-an-led-backbox-for-30-for-modern-sterns

Question.

How can I make the back box brighter?
Essentially I’m looking to add LED strips that would better spread distribute the light more evenly across the backglass.

I have a later run LED Metallica.

Thank you.

#21666 35 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Question.
How can I make the back box brighter?
Essentially I’m looking to add LED strips that would better spread distribute the light more evenly across the backglass.
I have a later run LED Metallica.
Thank you.

I haven't tried, but why can't you buy a cheap LED Strip off Amazon and plug into the service outlet, or even externally? Maybe usb outlet will support too, not sure on that.

#21667 35 days ago

Super Bright LEDs...can get a PS with or without power cord. Tie into the 120 or plug into service outlet. Then tie as many strips as you want to the PS.

#21668 30 days ago

Anyone know of really great lighting upgrades for a pro? I’ve only really heard of the legendary Total Light Show which is no longer available.

#21669 28 days ago
Quoted from Redrum1986:

Hello guys,
i made a classic colorization for pin2dmd, where you don't need a pinballbrowser or a rom patch.
Here is a smal video:

If you have any questions just contact me.
Kind Regards Sascha

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Redrum1986 .
I recently bought a Pin2DMD display with his Metallica colorization on it. I discovered a few issues, and Sascha was quick to get them resolved and send me updated files. His colorization looks great! Everyone I've shown it to has been quite impressed.

#21670 28 days ago

There is a colour bug during the FWTBT’s End of the line jackpot.

#21671 28 days ago
Quoted from Banshee315:

Thanks. I will look for it. Do you think you could get a video or a snapshot showing the problem?

#21672 28 days ago
Quoted from Banshee315:

I'd have to take your word! I've never E.O.T.L. it in the 7-ish years I've owned MET

#21673 28 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd have to take your word! I've never E.O.T.L. it in the 7-ish years I've owned MET

Same... Closest was I finished three modes. Once.

#21674 28 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Redrum1986 .
I recently bought a Pin2DMD display with his Metallica colorization on it. I discovered a few issues, and Sascha was quick to get them resolved and send me updated files. His colorization looks great! Everyone I've shown it to has been quite impressed.

Thank you Matt

Quoted from Banshee315:

I dont worked on EOTL cause i don't reached it yet. Will work on it soon. When you or someone find any issues, please tell me.

Kind Regards Sascha

#21675 28 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Same... Closest was I finished three modes. Once.

I just end up having so much fun playing the modes.I don't try to cash out as quick as I can to get to the end of the line.

#21676 28 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just end up having so much fun playing the modes. I don't try to cash out as quick as I can to get to the end of the line.

I've done both. That's part of what makes this games so good. I have played for overall high score, mode high scores (double CIU cash out), and end of the line. In fact I have only made it to EOTL once and now try to build up the CIU mode cash out.

#21677 28 days ago

Anyone else ever use the tournament (aka TOPS) feature? I recently set one up for a 1-ball challenge. It was fun (and a bit frustrating ).

#21678 28 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Anyone else ever use the tournament (aka TOPS) feature? I recently set one up for a 1-ball challenge. It was fun (and a bit frustrating ).

No but it sounds fun. Will try it out

#21679 28 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I know everybody already knows, but these games are close to 10 yrs old now...dont forget to check your magnets for mushrooming before they damage the playfield.
I took mine out today and noticed the top starting to mushroom, not too bad but enough to notice...I had a replacement on hand, I will resurface the original and put it in the coinbox

If you put a level across the magnet hole, is it still level? I've seen some games where the playfield is caved in pretty good around the magnet core.

It doesn't appear playfields are easily obtainable either. All the major parts seem to have been gobbled up.

Rob

#21680 26 days ago

TOPS sucks. Once you set one up and run it, it is almost impossible to get rid of the results in attract mode. Even a factory reset and they still remain.

#21681 26 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:If you put a level across the magnet hole, is it still level?

Yes, fortunately my playfield still looks perfect in this area

#21682 26 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

TOPS sucks. Once you set one up and run it, it is almost impossible to get rid of the results in attract mode. Even a factory reset and they still remain.

True. I have not found a way to clear the last tournament results.

#21683 26 days ago

Lowered price on a GORGEOUS Metallica Premium. You won't find a nicer example: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/172473

#21684 24 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Once you set one up and run it, it is almost impossible to get rid of the results in attract mode.

Removal method...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remove-tournament-scores-from-display#post-1112464

#21685 24 days ago

Happy freaking Friday club members!!!!
How does it feel owning the greatest pinball machine ever designed and coded !!!! It is number one on my list anyway ! I don’t go by pinsides ..
If another Met comes out , it will have to beat this legend or it will be a huge let down for those dumping them for the new one without knowing anything other it is Metallica .
If it plays great with great code and is different than the old one I will have 2 Mets ., If it strikes out it won’t matter for I have a premium now! #1 greatest….

#21686 24 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Happy freaking Friday club members!!!!
How does it feel owning the greatest pinball machine ever designed and coded !!!! It is number one on my list anyway ! I don’t go by pinsides ..
If another Met comes out , it will have to beat this legend or it will be a huge let down for those dumping them for the new one without knowing anything other it is Metallica .
If it plays great with great code and is different than the old one I will have 2 Mets ., If it strikes out it won’t matter for I have a premium now! #1 greatest….

Yeah if it's a different layout, Im gonna have to buy it to join the LE.

#21687 23 days ago

Pleading my ignorance here but what are the differences between a Metallica Pro and a vault edition for the same trim? Thanks!

#21688 23 days ago
Quoted from Absaroka_Flipper:

Pleading my ignorance here but what are the differences between a Metallica Pro and a vault edition for the same trim? Thanks!

VE had the new metal backbox design and typically had LED bulbs factory installed.

#21689 23 days ago

I would say 3/4 the Metalluca songs I like are on this game. I am not sure a new game would add these to it or not? I don't think there has been a sequal music pin before that both played music?

#21690 23 days ago

If the sequel has songs like Hardwired, Here Comes Revenge, That was Just Your Life, Moth to a Flame, If Darkness Had a Son, The Day that Never Comes, 72 Seasons, Too Far Gone, Shadows Follow, etc. and the game is a banger, I’m all in on a new LE! If it’s the same game with a reskin or a vault edition, I’m happy for those who get a new Metallica

#21691 23 days ago

There's plenty of good older tracks they could still use on the new machine as well... Four Horsemen (slated for the first game but nuked by that stupid contest), Whiplash, Damage Inc, Dyers' Eve... maybe a mini monster section with Phantom Lord, Call of Cthulu and Thing that Should Not Be.

With 40 years of music to use, I'll be pretty disappointed if game 2 is just a remake of the first game.

#21692 23 days ago

Thing That Should Not Be, Disposable Heroes, Orion are a must. Unfair to compare MOP to other records because that is a classic and all the songs should make the cut. Let the hate roll in but off St Anger, The Unnamed Feeling is a great song.

I think knowing the band, they would want a mix of old and new, especially the newer stuff.

#21693 23 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's plenty of good older tracks they could still use on the new machine as well... Four Horsemen (slated for the first game but nuked by that stupid contest), Whiplash, Damage Inc, Dyers' Eve... maybe a mini monster section with Phantom Lord, Call of Cthulu and Thing that Should Not Be.
With 40 years of music to use, I'll be pretty disappointed if game 2 is just a remake of the first game.

Yea Im hoping its an all new pin. In for a pro at least. If its a reskin, not sure.

#21694 21 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I would say 3/4 the Metalluca songs I like are on this game. I am not sure a new game would add these to it or not? I don't think there has been a sequal music pin before that both played music?

Rolling Stones, KISS and Guns N Roses have all received second pins that play music.

#21695 21 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Rolling Stones, KISS and Guns N Roses have all received second pins that play music.

Elton john

#21696 20 days ago

That's right, Captain Fantastic!

Technically there are two versions of Captain Fantastic too.

#21697 19 days ago

Back in the club with an LE… my right flipper is extremely weak. Like can’t get up the left ramp weak. I replaced the coil stops and sleeves on both flippers. I took apart the right flipper completely and cleaned it and reassembled.
I have a rebuild kit on the way but I noticed in switch test if I hit the left flipper repeatedly I get an alternating left button left eos. If I hit the right flipper I get a left flippers eos message every few hits mixed in. The left flipper does not activate during this. Machine is very low plays huo and in great shape. I am stumped.

#21698 18 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea Im hoping its an all new pin. In for a pro at least. If its a reskin, not sure.

Quoted from stompeN:

Back in the club with an LE… my right flipper is extremely weak. Like can’t get up the left ramp weak. I replaced the coil stops and sleeves on both flippers. I took apart the right flipper completely and cleaned it and reassembled.
I have a rebuild kit on the way but I noticed in switch test if I hit the left flipper repeatedly I get an alternating left button left eos. If I hit the right flipper I get a left flippers eos message every few hits mixed in. The left flipper does not activate during this. Machine is very low plays huo and in great shape. I am stumped.

Start by cleaning and adjust the EOS switches. Do not use sandpaper or anything abrasive.

Rob

#21699 18 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Start by cleaning and adjust the EOS switches. Do not use sandpaper or anything abrasive.
Rob

Coil sleeve I replaced with was too short. Put the old sleeve back in for now and I can play again. It is still nowhere near as snappy as my spike 2 pins but is playable. Going to do the rebuild and see if that changes things.

#21700 17 days ago
Quoted from stompeN:

Coil sleeve I replaced with was too short. Put the old sleeve back in for now and I can play again. It is still nowhere near as snappy as my spike 2 pins but is playable. Going to do the rebuild and see if that changes things.

I had an issue on my pro that the slingshots were terribly weak. Tried everything and then finally replaced the transistors on the driver board and it fixed them. You may have a similar issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,887 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Hudsonville, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,752 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 436.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/434 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.