IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 433.
#9451 7 years ago

If an extra ball is kicked out, it has to be a trough switch issue. Tug on the wires. I had a very similar issue with my Congo. There were no loose wires but one slid right out of the solder when pulled.

#9452 7 years ago

I've decided just to mylar around the sparky magnet. I've got a spare magnet core that I can trace around to get an exact circle cut out. Should I put the mylar all the way up to sparkys feet or just cut a smaller circle to go around the magnet?

#9453 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've decided just to mylar around the sparky magnet. I've got a spare magnet core that I can trace around to get an exact circle cut out. Should I put the mylar all the way up to sparkys feet or just cut a smaller circle to go around the magnet?

You can also get an exact circle by cutting it out while it's installed over the magnet. Just use the space between the magnet and the playfield as the guide for your exacto knife.

I only did a circle around the magnet.

#9454 7 years ago

Pinball life sells Mylar circles for the magnet cores. i just bought some

#9455 7 years ago

Yep I did the same. I've got all my little protectors and a new metal post and even a topper. Just waiting for my game from Pinball Refinery dying of anticipation!

#9456 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Yep I did the same. I've got all my little protectors and a new metal post and even a topper. Just waiting for my game from Pinball Refinery dying of anticipation!

What topper did you get?

#9457 7 years ago

I have a dumb question... I've been looking at the lower third of playfields - flippers, inlanes and outlanes, drain, etc. I really like Metallica's double left inlane, but I can't figure out how the hell they fit it all in there. The standard cabinet is 27" wide, Metallica's cabinet is 27" wide. The flipper gap on Metallica seems to be the standard flipper gap.

The standard Stern layout is this: http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/images/9/92/Stern_c_size.pdf

Having trouble figuring out where they squeezed in an extra inlane without changing the flipper gap or making the playfield wider. I'm thinking they shoved the shooter lane all the way to the edge and moved the right flipper assembly over?

If nobody just knows I'll have to just measure my game when it comes haha

#9458 7 years ago

I have a dumb question... I've been looking at the lower third of playfields - flippers, inlanes and outlanes, drain, etc. I really like Metallica's double left inlane, but I can't figure out how the hell they fit it all in there. The standard cabinet is 27" wide, Metallica's cabinet is 27" wide. The flipper gap on Metallica seems to be the standard flipper gap.
The standard Stern layout is this: http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/images/9/92/Stern_c_size.pdf
Having trouble figuring out where they squeezed in an extra inlane without changing the flipper gap or making the playfield wider. I'm thinking they shoved the shooter lane all the way to the edge and moved the right flipper assembly over?
If nobody just knows I'll have to just measure my game when it comes haha

The slings are adjusted for the difference. I measured the difference between MET/KISS (same) and TSPP.

#9459 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The slings are adjusted for the difference. I measured the difference between MET/KISS (same) and TSPP.

Ahhhh, so are the slings more narrow, or did they slide them closer together? Maybe a little of each. Thank you for measuring for such a silly question. I'm considering a similar inlane setup for a game I hope to build, so I was wondering how they changed their standard layout to fit the extra inlane in.

#9460 7 years ago

Well after accidentally starting a two player game I decided to play it out.

And by doing so I have a new GC score. Player2 for the win. Lol. Completed 4 crank it up modes and had the "score" crank it up lit on last ball. Closest I've come to end of the line.

After ball one:
20170208_101833 (resized).jpg20170208_101833 (resized).jpg
20170208_103406 (resized).jpg20170208_103406 (resized).jpg

#9461 7 years ago

It looks kinda like player 1 let you win

#9462 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It looks kinda like player 1 let you win

Well lets just say he kinda gave up after ball one.

#9463 7 years ago

Ahhhh, so are the slings more narrow, or did they slide them closer together? Maybe a little of each. Thank you for measuring for such a silly question. I'm considering a similar inlane setup for a game I hope to build, so I was wondering how they changed their standard layout to fit the extra inlane in.

Maybe a little of each. It looks like the same dimensions/setup on TAF, as well. I'm sure there are a lot more games with this same setup.

#9464 7 years ago

I was installing the pinbits plastic protectors on the slings. Do you take off those big plastic washers and not use them? There was 3 of them.

#9465 7 years ago

I was installing the pinbits plastic protectors on the slings. Do you take off those big plastic washers and not use them? There was 3 of them.

Yes ,
It also allows the the nut on top to grab the threads of the post .

#9466 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Yes ,
It also allows the the nut on top to grab the threads of the post .

Thanks! I assume those were the factory plastic protectors?

#9467 7 years ago

Awesome. I thought I remembered seeing a picture on pinside of the EXACT spots the holes are supposed to be drilled. I looked around and couldn't find the thread it was in. It showed the measurements of where to drill. If anyone remembers where that pic is, please post it. I think it was the spots Stern drills them, or used to drill them, from the factory.

This thread is getting so long it keeps getting lost. Posting the pic here for you.

d07b4d2169754ca22331c1a810f8631e3fc56719 (resized).jpgd07b4d2169754ca22331c1a810f8631e3fc56719 (resized).jpg

#9468 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This thread is getting so long it keeps getting lost. Posting the pic here for you.

similar if not same to mine. LED MET, Aug 2016

IMG_0201 (resized).JPGIMG_0201 (resized).JPG

#9469 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics! Anyone have a hard time loosening the sparky magnet? Turning counter clockwise, can't budge it.

#9470 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics! Anyone have a hard time loosening the sparky magnet? Turning counter clockwise, can't budge it.

You need a wrench to loosen that huge nut.

#9471 7 years ago

I got the nut off. Just a little tight. Amazing how fast the sparky magnet gets beat up. I have the extended protector on now so we'll see how the new one looks after a few hundred more plays. People say to wax before putting the mylar down, but the one time I did it the mylar looked a little bit discolored, like it wasn't as clear as it should have been. Not sure if waxing before is the best idea. Does the mylar pattern look good?

mylar (resized).jpgmylar (resized).jpg

#9472 7 years ago

My Metallica PRO was supposed to be delivered today.....lost by Fedex

#9473 7 years ago

LOST!? That's astounding. Also astounding it's not the first time I've heard of this.

#9474 7 years ago

LOST!? That's astounding. Also astounding it's not the first time I've heard of this.

Yeah...The lady said "We'll call you when we find it"

Talk about ruining my day....

#9475 7 years ago

Man I'm so sorry that happened to you I would not take it well to say the least

#9476 7 years ago

How can they lose a 300 LB., 5ft. tall box. lol

#9477 7 years ago

Driver took it home
How the hell do you loose a refrigerator size box that has already been confirmed for delivery ?
Unbelievable !

#9478 7 years ago

Damn beat me to it ...

#9479 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Damn beet me to it ...

Driver took it home is still funny.
And maybe true. lol

#9480 7 years ago

Kind of but not really..

Sorry man

#9481 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys! How they can "lose" a 300-350lb package is unbelievable! The good thing is that Chris at Cointaker is my distro and he is aware of the situation. I truly believe someone stole it....

#9482 7 years ago

I feel worse than when I was told Santa doesn't exist....

#9483 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

when I was told Santa doesn't exist....

Wait, What!??!

#9484 7 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#9485 7 years ago

LOOOOOLLLLL!!!!

Thanks for the laugh guys!!!! Feel a bit better

#9486 7 years ago

My Aerosmith is shipping Fed EX from Cointaker.
Fingers crossed.

#9487 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My Metallica PRO was supposed to be delivered today.....lost by Fedex

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep us informed.

#9488 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep us informed.

Thanks! Sure will!

#9489 7 years ago

I just wanted to show off a couple new metallica PinCups. The silver and grey one is done in a distressed finish to mimic the cabinet style for the MET premium. The other one is done with a fade from silver , orange and dark red. This one looks great on the MOPLE. They are clearcoated for extra shine and durability. I hope you guys like them. They are available on my website. Modfatherpinball.com

MOPLE2 resized (resized).jpgMOPLE2 resized (resized).jpg

MET PREMIUM resized (resized).jpgMET PREMIUM resized (resized).jpg

MOPLE resized (resized).jpgMOPLE resized (resized).jpg

MET PREMIUM (resized).jpgMET PREMIUM (resized).jpg

#9490 7 years ago

Don't worry. You will have to wait longer but you will get it. I would keep calling them about it, though. Let them know the cost of the item, size, and all that.

#9491 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Don't worry. You will have to wait longer but you will get it. I would keep calling them about it, though. Let them know the cost of the item, size, and all that.

Thanks! I will do just that!

#9492 7 years ago

Got word yesterday my Refinery Metallica Pro will be finished next week and hopefully shipping then too. Really hoping to be playing it by next Friday, but I understand if it takes until the following week.

I'm not great at waiting. I've watched Keith Elwin's End of the Line video 10 times since I ordered the game.

#9493 7 years ago

Hey Kornfreak..shitty about your pin! But I stayed home from work to play Metallica(for u!) & thought of another mod you are gonna wanna do!! Haha..but, change the songs! I realize I cant stand enter sandman and about 5 others if I want to keep er for a while! Anyone have new song list suggestions they've made fit?! I know they need to be same length & some need to stay on there..just think a change is needed!

#9494 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey Kornfreak..shitty about your pin! But I stayed home from work to play Metallica(for u!) & thought of another mod you are gonna wanna do!! Haha..but, change the songs! I realize I cant stand enter sandman and about 5 others if I want to keep er for a while! Anyone have new song list suggestions they've made fit?! I know they need to be same length & some need to stay on there..just think a change is needed!

If I ever get my Metallica....I would LOVE to add The Shortest Straw......

#9495 7 years ago

Leper Messiah would be a sweet one too, but I'll probably not mod the game's songs.

#9496 7 years ago

Leper Messiah would be a sweet one too, but I'll probably not mod the game's songs.

Another song that I think would really compliment the game is...Pulling Teeth (Anesthesia)

#9497 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If I ever get my Metallica....I would LOVE to add The Shortest Straw......

Shortest Straw fits perfectly in the Unforgiven slot.

#9498 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Shortest Straw fits perfectly in the Unforgiven slot.

That's sooo cool! Hopefully when (if) I get my machine delivered I can add Shortest Straw to it...hope it's not too difficult

#9499 7 years ago

Does color DMD support the name change of the songs on the display?

#9500 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does color DMD support the name change of the songs on the display?

Yes. Song names are basic one color text. The name changes will change to whatever color the other titles are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.