51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#724 9 years ago

"murdered out" ye olde flipper bats today to match the plastics + orange protectors from lazeriffic.

\m/, ,\m/

bats.jpegbats.jpeg

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Well I got my MetPro Monday evening, posted lots of pics on Twitter so I won't bore everyone here but here's what I ended up with. End result of 6hrs of updating code, changing over to all LEDs, lighted speakers,coffin sticker, Mezelmods Teeth, neon sling/ball guides, eyeball shooter rod, and boney flipper bats(phew!) Still have to wire up the powered sub and I have a Cemetary mod and Arcadeupkeep extreme backbox light kit and I think I'll be done lol.

Did you play it? Or just dress it up?

4 months later
#1516 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

So shooting the snake doesn't relight the snake? You HAVE to shoot a lit snake insert?

Yes.

4 weeks later
#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't think you need them honestly. I mean, yeah, you see the place they light, but take the bulbs out and play a game and see if you care.

I bent mine to aim down more and they do a really nice job of lighting up the middle section of the playfield away from the GI. I really like the difference it makes.

#1749 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on another Metallica project now, so definitely won't worry about it until I'm further along with that, I'm bad enough as it is with starting multiple things at once.

Another Metallica project, eh? Do tell.

#1752 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still working it all out, but I'll say it's not a translite.

Rats!

#1756 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not touching the Metallica brand, too much of a 3rd rail. I guess that's the only other hint I'll give, nothing with the Metallica name on it. Besides, I think people are mostly happy with their translites. I have the LE, so I wouldn't swap mine anyways.

Yeah, Yeah. I know.

I'd be happier with mine if I could get Monsters Premium for not too much. Don't really like the Pro version.

#1798 9 years ago

Black bats with orange regular flipper rubber.

1 month later
#1983 9 years ago

Not pinball related, necessarily, but Metallica related -- St. Anger completely re-recorded with a regular snare and normal production. Also somewhat shortened. It's pretty awesome.

1 week later
#2068 9 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Would be very nice to have only the instrumental songs! I thought I read it somewhere, from some one who has done this.. would be al blast!

Quoted from Aurich:

I believe it was epthegeek.

Indeed it was. I'm not a fan of music with singing in pins, I'd rather have just music.

There was a "Metallica The Instrumentals" album in 2012 that I found online. Not sure what the origins of it are, but it's really nice quality of a good portion of the songs in the game. The rest I scraped off youtube videos - and I substituted sanitarium for unforgiven, I think. It's been a awhile.

1 month later
#2286 9 years ago

Replaced my diverted post with a metal one from pinballlife. Works great for preventing bounce backs as has been mentioned in various threads before. Shoulda done that sooner.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Pinball life link for the part just in case:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

#2295 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't understand the plastic post problem myself. It's there to give you a shot into the pops. For the people who are having a problem what happens when you shoot up the right orbit? Mine hits the plastic post, slows, and then drops back into the pops. That seems like the intended behavior to me.

It was the left side that was a problem for me most often. A left orbit shot that it supposed to hit the post, then drop into the pops when released would just rebound off and come back down the orbit.

Haven't noticed any increase in rebounds on the right orbit with the metal post.

#2298 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wait... Wouldn't a left orbit shot prevent it from making it to the pops at all? It hits the post and goes back the left lane the way it came. If its down for a combo, it will just go past and down into the right orbit. Maybe I'm totally confused.

What good does it do to have it return down the orbit? Seems to me the design intent was Left orbit -> hit post & stop -> post drops -> ball rolls in to pops.

1 week later
#2349 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm facing a dilemma. I got these scores a week ago and I'm contemplating selling the game or trading toward another game.

A few great scores on a game and you're done with the game forever? Do you do that with every game?

1 week later
#2401 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh huh, what does it look like on the Pro? I don't remember.

Two separate normal square targets.

#2413 9 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

To all Metallica owners, if you are considering any modifications I strongly recommend you consider Pinball's Life Green Fluorescent Sling covers. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and provide an impressive view of the lower playfield.

I have those. Except I got them in orange, because it makes a lot more sense with the art on the plastics & playfield in that area.

orange.jpgorange.jpg

#2430 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Who made those , Joe? I wonder if amber would look good?

Yeah, Joe at Laseriffic, I just asked him if he could make the Metallica set in a different color and he did.

#2432 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are these on his site? I can't find them.

I don't see them, but I know Joe can make them. Maybe just shoot him a PM and ask?

#2442 9 years ago

I borrowed an idea from BangerJay and did a similar thing on a much simpler basis than the pinduino on my pro. Just 2 strips of RGB LEDs along the upper part of the back there, with the green of one connected to the snake flasher, and the red of that same strip connected to the ramp flashers. Then the other one wired for full white on one of the sparky flashers. Cheap and easy, still looks pretty nice - just not as fancy as a full on controlled show.

1 week later
#2485 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Any word on colorization for dmd? I know pinball mike mentioned he thought his Metallica dmd project might be ready by the time PAGG got here, was hoping the folks at colordmd had any news as well...

This is why Randy doesn't like to announce what's being worked on ahead of time.

There was a PMD Metallica at TPF, not sure if it was fully finalized though.

ColorDMD's Metallica is still a work in progress at this point. They haven't given any indication of a timeline, we just know they're working on it.

#2534 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If we can get 10 pinsiders who will go in on the spinners then hooked will do another run. PM me and I will consolidate a list to forward. I will start with one so nine more to go.

I'm only in if someone at stern sneaks code in for them on the pro.

1 week later
#2709 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes. Looks like no one has put it in their early Met. I wonder how it would change the insert light show, expensive experiment.

How it changes it is that it smooths light lights on/off to look more like a real filament bulb -- it's a great improvement for any pin with LEDs in the inserts, period. If you get into the nuts and bolts of it, you can adjust the brightness of any insert and set the arc for the fade in/out. The videos kind of show you the effect, but it looks even better in person. A local that had us over to play recently had the LED OCD board in his Twilight Zone and it looks fantastic. Looking forward to doing my games whenever funds allow.

#2710 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have an original Met Pro. It doesn't need an OCD board since none of the effects seem to use any fading. I have all LEDs in mine and there is no ghosting.
Now as others have said, I put an OCD in my original run Iron Man with LEDs and it made a HUGE improvement.

It's not just the ghosting/flickering/whatever - it's the sharp on/off of LEDs too. Maybe I'm just picky.

#2714 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Color DMD in the house.
My favorite mods for the pro are service rails, color dmd and snake fangs. Also putting on the pinbits plastic set today.

Gotta have the tongue sticker for the snake to go with the fangs, too.

#2715 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks but I have them in 3 games already and know what they do, I was wondering about original Met's.

Well then your question seems ridiculous. Don't have one in another stern you could just move over and test out?

#2873 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the slingshot spots feel pointless to me, I thought about removing them too.

They do a nice job of lighting up the center of the PF if you aim them down a bit.

#2940 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's true. But it's a cool mode, I just wish you weren't disincentivized to actually start it.
I'm not sure how you'd fix it, but maybe a victory laps style mode at the end, like after you finish a CIU, where there's some kind of path to getting items racked up fast again?

Why not just leave them on? So you only get to do S&D once in a game, big deal.

#2980 9 years ago

I really wonder how pinblades done with matching dirty Donnie art would look.

#3094 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Would you guys be interested in translucent orange, red or yellow drop targets for the cemetery. Not sure if I would put decals on them yet. There would not be any extra lighting, just illuminated by natural lighting. This has been a long time coming.

<Off Topic = Metallica>
If you find a material that's translucent, but still able to take a pounding without snapping, it'd be awesome to get some CC targets done since they were supposed to be that way to begin with. They just had too much problem with them breaking.
</Off Topic>

#3098 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here is the yellow translucent one for CC.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The CC design is slightly different due to being held up with only a patter pulse on the coil. Easy enough to alter the model though, I'm sure.

#3109 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What do the 3 lights in front of the piston target represent? I haven't figured out whey they light up yet.

Isn't that the 'blown pistons'? Each pop hit drives it's associated piston closer to 'blown' - when blown the light by the fuel lane goes on?

/I'm actually not sure.

#3178 8 years ago

Does anybody know if a 'mantis style' (inside the rim) protector for the mystery hole exists? I'd rather do that than the full collar cliffy style.

#3193 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

This is different than the cliffy style, is it better?

It protects the inner rim of the opening, without wrapping up over the edge. So it doesn't leave with NO WEAR EVER OMG like a cliffy does, but I'm ok with that.

#3265 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you rewriting the code??

It's a programmable interface board between the lights and the game that interprets things the game is doing for light cues -- NOT a rewrite.

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cutting the hole in the mylar to fit around the magnet is ridiculously difficult. Although I can tell you, the magnet is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel. So you can trace that onto the magnet and cut that. Just annoying overall.

I just stuck it down centered and used an x-acto knife to trim out the magnet after the fact.

#3401 8 years ago

Subtle change Sunday.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3405 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Where did you get those orange protectors?

joe at laseriffic. I just asked for a set in orange instead of green.

#3406 8 years ago

Further adventures of subtle change Sunday. I have no justification for how much this bothered me, but it did. And now it's better.

Before:
image.jpgimage.jpg

After:
image.jpgimage.jpg

What?
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3408 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Kind of a side question, but what LED's are you using in your Snake insert in that first pic? I'm trying to match those to the playfield insert lighting and the ones I got aren't bright enough.
I put orange cointaker supers in the Fuel and purple supers in the Mystery inserts and they look great, but they're not really bright enough to shine through the white inserts.

I just use ablaze premiums from pinballlife, but I added a second socket to each insert.

Thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-smart-person-would-have-used-double-headed-flex-leds

#3412 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Looks much better! It may loose strength but personally id router a small line through all the artwork till the end of the smoke trail.. I'd think you'd gain the detail back while keeping the cool orange glow

The smoke/flames having an orange tint didn't bother me as much, and a circle was really easy to make

#3425 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks like a perfect hole, what did ya use.

7/8" spade dril bit. The points on the edge were enough to get through it coming from one side and then the other.

#3428 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So that's a wood drill bit used for cutting holes in wood?

Yeah, like this one, but in 7/8" size:

short-length-spade-bits-393.jpgshort-length-spade-bits-393.jpg

I put the protector on top, marked the center of the eyeball as best I could, then drilled it over a block of wood until the main meat of the bit started hitting the plastic, then flipped it over and used the center hole to re-align and cut from the back.

#3435 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

A forstner bit might make a cut that is less likely to crack the plastic.
Also my experience with drill presses making my sparky protectors is that they spin too fast. Even woth mine on the lowest speed. I get much better/safer contol with a hand drill.
Just my two cents.

Yeah, I used a hand drill and went pretty slow for the most part. Had no idea if what I was doing would work when I did the first one, but it went pretty smooth. So did the second. Can't say it'll work great for anybody else though. Drill at your own risk, or whatever.

#3467 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Those orange protectors look real sweet!

Yeah, I took the fire in the art on the lower playfield as a cue and ran with it. Works better than the neon green, IMHO. Black bats with orange titans, just changed out all the clear plastic posts on the slings and sides for orange. Etc.

#3515 8 years ago

I've had pins since the mid 90s, and never was much of a modder. I liked 'em as they were built. But I sure can't stop messing with Metallica. Including so many little details nobody else would bother with or care about.

Subtle change Sun.. er ... Saturday!

The stock lane dividers are red. The whole top end of the playfield is blue. It bothered me.

red_lanes.jpgred_lanes.jpg

So I fixed it.

blue_lanes.jpgblue_lanes.jpg

While I was at it, I put the huge flat top LED things that came with my Hooked Iron Man pop caps in the pops for more ... MORE.

#3561 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Going a little led strip ramp light up here. I added a red led strip to each of the metal ramps that are tied into the flashers under the ramp cut outs. It REALLY makes the ramps light up.

I did a similar thing. I put strips of LEDs up under the backbox above the PF pointing down that are tied in to the snake and ramp flashers. Floods the whole back end of the game with light rather than just the ramps. I'm not a big fan of all the visible LED stuff people are adding to ramps these days. To each their own of course.

1 week later
#3597 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do current pro owners have decal artwork on their speakers? or is it just the new run of metallicas that got them? as seen on Sterns new factory tour video posted last night.

The "LED PRO" with the new style backbox has always had the decal. The original PRO models that came with regular bulbs and the old back box never did.

1 week later
#3648 8 years ago

New phone case is relevant.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3650 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Where can I get this? Looks fantastic!

I just shot a picture of my game in lamp test and had it printed at getuncommon.com

#3652 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did they print it on the phone case and send it to you? Looks like it is only for iPhones

They do the Galaxy S5 and the S6 I think -- and yea, they can print whatever picture you upload on to a case.

#3658 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

That is too cool!
How sticky do they get with copyright and IP on one-offs? Anyone know?

There's wording on the uploader/customizer thing about not using images you don't own -- but I've not had anything rejected so far. Granted, I've never tried to print like a coke logo or anything.

#3709 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Are there adjustments to help the ball not bounce off the orbit post?
90% of the time, it bounces back instead of stopping the ball and dropping to the pops.

Quoted from 85vett:

I put the totan metal post in mine which has helped a lot.

Quoted from 85vett:

Been a while since I bought it but I believe it was this one. I'll hope that someone can confirm though before you buy one as they aren't super cheap.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

Here's the one I used from Pinballlife. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

Same part number.

#3714 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The metal post didn't work on mine very well at all. Maybe 10% better.

Made a huge difference on mine. Would almost alway bounce back on a left orbit shot, now rarely ever does. Bummer that it didn't help yours out.

#3739 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Have any of you sold your sparkys? I may end up with an extra one, curious what the true market value is.

I can't believe Stern doesn't crank these out at quantity so people who want a second one to try painting or just want it as decor could have one. Seems like easy money.

#3765 8 years ago

I want an LED OCD for me MET just so the Crank It Up pulse on the 4 big inserts will look nicer.

I might have a problem.

Maybe I should just put colored incandescent bulbs in those inserts.

#3816 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I want an LED OCD for me MET just so the Crank It Up pulse on the 4 big inserts will look nicer.
I might have a problem.
Maybe I should just put colored incandescent bulbs in those inserts.

Small update on this. I tried putting colored incandescent bulbs in. Even with my double bulb per insert setup they were pathetically dim compared to everything else, so that's out. Wah.

#3818 8 years ago

Anybody else take the sneeze guard off the right ramp? I took mine off a few weeks ago and have had fast ramp shots end up in the shooter lane, so I guess I'll put it back. Wish it wasn't so fugly.

#3821 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Go look up S37VEN posts and buy his wire form.

That's designed for the premium, isn't it? Pro doesn't have the right mount points from what I remember.

1 week later
#3912 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Thanks. When I see the Talley for ball 2, it looks like it reset. If those are just for that ball though, it makes more sense.
Is there a published, up to date rule sheet out there? I think I found a nice one for my ww on ipdb, but I didn't see one for met. It'd be helpful.

I think having it not carry over is possible with a setting. Did you get the game second hand? Any chance somebody set it that way?

#3913 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I believe the counters reset after each ball to show you how many hits that ball. However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

Oh, yeah - the bonus count up at the end shows you "hits per item this ball" - but that isn't necessarily your totals. The instant info (if you hold the flipper) should show you actual totals, so you could check on ball 2.

#3945 8 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

No mention of the NODE board messages added.

This just makes it seem like they're using the same underlying system/test code for Sam and Spike.

2 weeks later
#4122 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sounds like the switch is not being triggered consistently. Try bending the arm on the switch a little.

Quoted from Rickwh:

+1
Bend the switch arm up a hair towards the center of where the ball will be when in the scoop.

Yep - that's the fix. Mine was doing the same thing (sporadic lack of activation) - quick adjustment and it's been fine since.

1 month later
#4455 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure is but now I'd like to see a 4X one like the MMR LE.

I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to redraw all the assets in Metallica, there's tons!

#4464 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

You never know... Somebody might come up with a way to do it. Hell, they might even do it for free

If SmartDMD expands to being able to replace assets on the fly for re-rendering with higher detail art that will be baller. Squared.

Edit: Oh wait, you may just be referring to the fact that you re-drew it all for color via SmartDMD and not hinting at glorious HD.

3 months later
#5200 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The one you referring to is the SmartDMD.

Actually, the post he quoted was the first one, with the ColorDMD pictures. Not the followup with the SmartDMD.

2 weeks later
#5365 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Ok guys, the back post that comes up and stops the ball, when at rest, how far down the hole should the top of post be? Level with playfield? Mine is about a half inch down in hole at rest, and once in awhile the ball will get stuck. It gets released cuz the post comes up during ball search, but wanted to know if there was an adjustment that could be made or its just how it is? Anyone just disable this post in the settings? I did for awhile, but the ball wasn't going in the pop bumpers.

It should be level to prevent damage to the PF. There's a screw on the bottom of the mech you can use to adjust the height.

#5391 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone who puts any other songs then ones made by Metallica on the machine should have it physically removed out of their possession and their asses kicked. Thats just wrong. There's a guy on YouTube who put Led Zeppelin songs on their MET pinball - you might as well call that machine Cait Jenner pinball now.

I replaced all the stock songs with instrumental versions of the same song ... do I get in line for ass kickery too?

5 months later
#7380 7 years ago

Quick, somebody test if he wired up the spinners in the pro code and just didn't mention it.

#7423 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If you're changing songs on the Pro in Pinball Browser, the request numbers for the songs have changed. New request numbers for MTL17.bin (Pro):

Thanks for this! Very much appreciated.
E

1 week later
#7627 7 years ago

You guys and your "oh no, I can't lose the record of the score I got that one time!" crack me up.

#7658 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Quick question: do I need to press the furthest right button as it shows at the beginning of the firmware update video, or just put the USB stick in and hold furthest left button down for 5 sec.? The video shows Sigma on white water pin, to get update to color, I already set on color just need to update for the new game code. Thanks

To load an updated colordmd ROM, you put the downloaded file on the USB stick, plug it in, and then hold the button closest to the USB stick until the screen blanks (then it will program and come back on). There are some new display changes in the Metallica 1.7 code that will not be detected and colored right if you don't update the colordmd ROM -- so you should update both, the Stern game ROM and the ColorDMD display ROM.

#7677 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes you respond to emails quickly - usually within a few hours. Your service is good. But I'm still stuck having to go do something else waiting for a key. If that machine was on route Id have to make a separate trip.

Or just look at your key before you do any update and write it down. Then if something goes wrong, you can just re-enter it. This would work for any display after they started shipping them with sigma installed. For the early ones, you still need a key, I believe, but you could get that pre-emptively before doing anything with the display.

#7685 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So when exactly is the key necessary? I've installed five ColorDMDs, and I've never had to deal with a key. I just moved a ColorDMD from WPT to MET the other day, and I didn't have to deal with a key then either.

If something goes wrong/glitches during the rom update process, sometimes the key can get blanked and need re-entering -- even on roms that aren't spiderman. It shouldn't be common, but it can happen.

For displays that were made/shipped before they started shipping with sigma on them, you have to get a key to be able to load a different rom onto the display because the key isn't readily apparent in the older original roms -- but in those cases you can request a key before you try to flash anything so that you don't have any downtime.

#7819 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a few questions about swapping out the music using Pinball Browser ....
1 - Does the replacement track have to be the same length as the original track?
2 - Is there a way to change the track name that is displayed on the DMD within the game?
3 - Assuming you can change the track name, are there any downsides to doing this? Does this mess up the Color DMD?

1 - If your new song is longer it gets chopped, and if shorter, you get blank space. So, yes, should be the same length. As close as you can get.
2 - You can edit in game strings in pinball browser, just search for the name you want to change and edit it. Make sure to change any occurances you find.
3 - Depending on how the masking is done in the colordmd, this answer can go either way. The song selection screen at game start is probably not going to be affected by changes, but very often changing text strings CAN affect the color (like changing "BONUS" to "BONER - tee-hee)

#7821 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, dude! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

I swapped in Sanitarium in place of Unforgiven on mine, so I know the song selection color part stays fine. Can't vouch for anything else.

#7846 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I installed a color dmd on my Metallica and I can only get one color. I downloaded the firmware update but the DMD will not recognize it. Is this because I am using an Apple computer? Thanks in advance

Macs are notirious for adding ".txt" to downloaded file types they don't recognize, and depending on your settings finder won't show the extensions.

#7907 7 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Bend the two wires out and put a small cut down piece of electrical tape around the base. Bend wires back and reinstall.

This is my preferred solutions as well.

Some people put a dab of hot glue on the front edge of the bulb/reflector to hold it. Easy enough to crack off if the bulb dies, but should hold it for vibration.

1 week later
#8001 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

[AWESOME PICTURES]

Holy crap do I want this! I have a red molded translucent one in my ironman and was already wishing I could get an orange one for metallica. Will order immediately when available.

2 weeks later
#8107 7 years ago

What this here?

#8223 7 years ago

I'm in the hammer hater crowd. It's a big ugly blob, IHMO. I got the sweet color GI upgrade from TimeBandit, so I don't have to be envious of that LE feature any more. I do really wish the spinners were actually supported in the code on the pro, though. I won't do the addition just to wire them to the pick targets, but I would in an instant if there was a setting/adjustment for "Have spinners" that would actually enable them. Stern should sell it as a kit! Oh well.

#8271 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This TimeBandit light show mod, is that pretty much replacing bulbs to get the light show? Or what is it exactly?

It's an intercept board that watches the switch and lamp matrix data to know what the game is doing, and then has logic to recreate the Premium/LE GI lightshow. The kit comes with new GI strings to add the red and blue bulbs that the Premium/GI has.

#8272 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't spend this amount of money based on others feedback.

Always good advice. There are videos of the TotalLightshow on youtube that demonstrate what the kit does. An interested party could watch those and make their own opinion/decision.

But along the line of "I don't agree with others feedback" ... the large majority seems to love that 'creeping death' side art and light bar kit for metallica and I just don't get it. The art doesn't match the game and the big light structure looks bad to me, so it's not my thing at all. Most people dig it thought, which is great for them (and the guy who makes the kit).

#8277 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I picked up the Creeping Death mod fully expecting to pull it out for the same reason you list. Using it in person sold me. I like the art and matched my speaker panel with it.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I watched videos of the creeping death mod and didn't care for it. I saw it live at Pintastic and bought it on the spot. It is so impressive in action. I thought those light bars looked out of place in the video, but when you see the effect, OMG. Love it.

Just for the record, I have seen the kit in person and played games with it installed. Still not a fan, personally.

#8293 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I love my RFM for this reason alone. williams/bally brilliantly added what they call a [passive] ball stop (a small section is hinged and swings over to cover the ball trough exit) when the playfield is lifted into service position. this eliminates the need for removing the balls first

I had balls fall out of that passive stop on several occasions where it didn't flip into place fast enough. Gave up trusting it after a few times.

2 months later
#8699 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Recently bought a 3D printer, made my first pinball mod today
A plastic part that fits the coffin insert so the lights of the 3 lamps are better visible and don't interfere..
Also put it on http://shpws.me/MTtR in case anyone else is interested.

The printed skull insert thing does this same function with about 9000% more style.

#8701 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wonder how the 3D printed thing would look with the eyeball sticker.

The eyeballs on the sticker take up most of the room - you'd have to adjust the holes to be bigger and lined up with the art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.