51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1301 9 years ago

I've been following this thread as I want a MET, but have had no luck finding one in MI. Anyone know of one for sale in a nearby state?

Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a NIB. What's the going rate for a PRO? I know it's in the 4's, but where exactly?

#1310 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the new backbox design and the trim is better looking too.
Rob

Quoted from NightTrain:

I think new version is $4800 and original version is $4450. That's just what I've been quoted before I recently bought a nice HUO one.

Are there any other differences to the new style to justify an extra $350?

Thanks for the info!

1 week later
#1382 9 years ago

Is this it? I've watched a lot of her in the past, she rocks!

#1384 9 years ago

Since we're talking Met and Meytal.....these are good as well!

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup that's it. Thanks, Is she from the States?

I believe so, just enter her name on YouTube and see all she has to offer.

I have a great pc surround sound, so it sounds great cranking it!

Now I just need to get myself the pin! Still looking btw.

1 week later
#1481 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Waiting for a box to arrive....

You ordered yours already? I think I'll be doing that next week since a "Shadow" will be seen exiting my house!

2 weeks later
#1637 9 years ago

Officially in the club today!

This is the new style with the metal backbox, angled speaker panel with decal and LED's. Wayyy too bright for me, I'll be making some changes to the lighting in the near future. The speaker panel decal is ok, but I think they could have done better.

Think I'll be late for work tomorrow!

IMG_1202.JPGIMG_1202.JPG IMG_1235.JPGIMG_1235.JPG IMG_1236.JPGIMG_1236.JPG
#1662 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

shout out to Rickwh for the sparky plastic

Looking forward to getting mine, air-balls all over the place!

I have to say after 3 days of owning this pin, I'm loving it! No scores to brag about yet, but I've been staying up late and getting to work late thanks to it!

Hard to play any of my other pins now, and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this. Just my feelings of course.

1 week later
#1679 9 years ago

Who makes the metal skull flipper button protectors? I've seen a few pics but can't recall mention of where they're available.

#1691 9 years ago

Just installed my Sparky plastic, thanks Rick!

I had to do a little trimming around the leg openings and the center with my dremel to get it to fit, but I'm not complaining. The work you had to do and the small price you charge made it a great deal!

Thanks again!

#1693 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It kind of makes you wonder how the game shipped without a proper plastic piece over the feet.

Hey, it's another 50 cents they saved per machine. Every pennie counts!

#1703 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Maybe I need to adjust how the autoplunger is set up then, not sure.

Your Cliffy protector might also be the culprit, I can tell from your pic that the ball is hitting it. Right after I installed mine the ball was bouncing out of the lane on to the playfield, if it would even get out of the lane because of weak launches. I loosened the screws and made sure it was as far in as possible over the trough, problem solved.

There was never a problem with auto-launches though, so the plunger rod must be a little off-center on some.

#1742 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path.

My guess would be something is, like one of the protectors we talked about earlier, or your rod is crooked.

#1790 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

best 7$ mod I've ever bought! no more airballs, thanks man.
jordan

I agree! I enjoy the game quite a bit more without airballs flying in every direction, thanks again Rick!

#1800 9 years ago

Well I have to say after about 4 weeks of owning this pin and waiting for the "honey-moon" phase to be over I'm still lovin' it!

I haven't had the pleasure of playing a Premium or LE yet, but my Pro sure does satisfy my needs! I especially like hitting the "Fuel" shot for the sound of it alone as I'm an ex-drag racer.(with sound turned up and an external sub of course).

Great pin for the money as far as I'm concerned!

#1806 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What mods do you have on yours?

Started out with service rails, although not really a mod but I find it a necessity to do mods/service.

Shaker, Snake & Mystery Scoop flashers, Keith's Sparky plastic, Sparky helmet el wire, full Cliffy set, snake fangs & tongue, Rock Custom under-cab light kit and speakerlightkits.com kit with tie-in harness to match under-cab lighting sequence, which is really nice especially during Sparky hits/mb along with the CD lights, lights up the whole room!

And of course the Creeping Death lights and side-art. I find the lights to be blinding when standing to the side watching someone play, so I contacted Gio/Steve at Pinball Refinery and was able to order an extra set of the lightning decals that currently are on the sides of the plastic light rails, of which I'm going to apply to the top.

Thinking about upgrading the stock speakers like Kosmo did and I have a few little ideas brewing. I'll throw a few pics up when I'm done.

1 week later
#1842 9 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I'd like to add some artwork for the inside walls.

I have these, pretty nice. I also added the lighting which I like.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Metallica-Pinblade-Side-Artwork-Panels/p/30141847/category=5707242

pbrsideblades.jpgpbrsideblades.jpg

creepingdeathlights.pngcreepingdeathlights.png
#1863 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry for any inconvenience, but its time for me to focus more on family and not spend my weekends in the garage making plastics.

Family first! Most people can understand that, and thanks for the ones you did make!

1 week later
#1885 9 years ago

Just noticed my Sparky protector cracked and separated at the left mounting point. I don't believe I over-tightened the post as I'm usually very careful about that. Probably a hard hit from an air-ball or two.

I'm going to repair it and reinforce that area with a piece of lexan. You guys might want to check yours and make sure it doesn't already have a stress crack, or reinforce it now before this happens.

IMG_1267.JPGIMG_1267.JPG IMG_1268.JPGIMG_1268.JPG
1 week later
#1932 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Yeah, I see me jumping in with both feet.

I did that myself and I'm still not done! Welcome to the club of over-spending!

IMG_1310.JPGIMG_1310.JPG
#1934 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But Ron you still don't have my 2 home made and one store bought mods on yours so you have more to go.

Well, I don't want to go over-board!

Just ordered the eyeball coffin sticker and something else I'm going to try, but that's a secret!

#1967 9 years ago

Best to only use a drill for pilot holes, then just make sure the wood screws are not too long as to come close to pushing through. My rails came with screws, but they were bigger than necessary and I used smaller ones.

#1969 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Don't you drill threw and use t-nuts?

No! Wood screws in the bottom of the pf, just big enough to hold the rails in place. There's not a lot of stress on the rails, you're just resting them on the lockbar receiver.

#1973 9 years ago

Here's how I mounted mine. Rear mounting tabs of rails as far to the left and right as possible, fronts outwards as shown close to where the pegs were. You could use the peg holes if you wanted, just use a bolt and nut instead. Drilled pilot starting holes and then inserted wood screws just long enough to secure.

Pretty simple and straightforward, they don't need to be in any exact position as long as they rest evenly on the front of the machine.

Hope this helps.

IMG_1339.JPGIMG_1339.JPG IMG_1343.JPGIMG_1343.JPG IMG_1344.JPGIMG_1344.JPG
#1975 9 years ago

It came with the pegs, I removed them.

#1982 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just trying to get as much info about this game as possible so I can justify spending almost $5K.

It's a lot of fun, feel better?

#1988 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, 10 years from now we'll be talking of "the good old days" and the "remember when" days of 5k NIB games.

And everything they used to come with today.

#1991 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...like they put a laser on Star Trek just as one example.

Future warning sticker on a Stern.....

FrickinLaserBeams.jpegFrickinLaserBeams.jpeg
1 week later
#2091 9 years ago

Mine has that same mark on it right out of the box. Can't see it from a players perspective, but it's there.

1 week later
#2145 9 years ago

I added a coffin with and a gi light. Doesn't appear that red in person, although I'm going to try other colors to see if I like something better.

I have to admit, that silver coffin posted in another thread looks pretty good.

The reflection in the second pic makes it look like the snake is rolling his eyes, like I know some of you will!

IMG_1357.JPGIMG_1357.JPG IMG_1358.JPGIMG_1358.JPG
#2147 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it looks good. How do you like your modified Creeping Death decal led strip holders? They look real nice. How did ya do it?

I like them a lot, helps from being blinded when standing to the side while watching someone else play. I asked Gio at Pinball Refinery if I could order a set of the decals that are on the sides to put on top, which he replied "yes". I believe they were $15 for the set.

#2152 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

I guess I misunderstood your first question, those are the Creeping Death light strips from PR, I didn't add anything except the decals running along the top. In their pics/video it doesn't show the decals along the sides of the strips which come already applied, those must've been prototypes.

The only modifications I did was buying a set of the decals to run along the tops of the strips, and then adding some washers as spacers to raise the strips up a bit as the top decals now cut off some of the light to the side art, creating a dark line mainly along the rear 1/3.

If you watch their video you can see how bright/blinding the lights are when he's filming from the side. Seems even brighter in person. I really like them, they do block some of the view of the ramps, but the ball moves so fast it doesn't matter, I suck at playing anyway.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Panels/p/30141856/category=5707242

*EDIT*-The link doesn't go to the page I wanted it too, but does go to the store page.

PRCDlightStrip.pngPRCDlightStrip.png

1 week later
#2196 9 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Just joined the Metallica Pro NIB club this weekend. First nib, and a great choice.

Mine too. I've had it a few months now and I keep getting further into the game, but it still keeps kicking my ass, which I love. Haven't seen the wizard mode yet, and I imagine it'll be a long time before I do.

2 weeks later
#2303 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Anyone having issues with the drops not dropping. I did just clean game after its first 500 plays. Guessing that's why

Funny you mention that, I just cleaned mine today and they're doing the same thing. Never a problem before, but as others have mentioned the increased speed of the ball causes hard hits. Should be better when it's "dirtied-up" again!

2 weeks later
#2377 9 years ago

I wish the snake inserts on my Pro were green instead of yellow, I think that would've looked a lot better!

Edit: I mean orange, not yellow!

4 weeks later
#2625 9 years ago

Fairly easy to instal the shaker, about a half hour job if you take your time. I set mine to "moderate" use in the system menu as maximum was too much for my taste. Definitely a mod worth the $.

#2626 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, get an external sub!! Best mod eva!!

I definitely agree on that one! Polk PSW10 on mine, sometimes I forget to turn it on when I start a game and can't believe how weak it sounds without the sub.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#3394 8 years ago

My right flipper started sticking in the up position, so I dug in and found it was a mechanical issue. After inspecting I decided to change the coil sleeve which looked a bit nasty even at only 414 plays. I also found that the coil stop center is loose and appears to be the culprit as it allows the plunger to go a tad further in and gets stuck in the end of the coil sleeve. I tightened up the flipper return spring and it helps, but a new coil stop is in order.

Below is a pic of the left and right coil sleeves respectively. What's odd is the right flipper has about 3,000 less flips than the left, but is way dirtier.
IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1465.JPG

I also noticed the graveyard cross wasn't flashing, so I tore into that and found the flasher bulb couldn't take that many hits I guess. What a pain to change that bulb.
IMG_1382.JPGIMG_1382.JPG

Just thought I'd post this so you guys know if you have the same problems what to look for.

#3403 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Did you have issues getting the cross to fit down through the hole in the plastic? The screws in mine just barely fit

No, I just pulled it straight out and put it straight back in again. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=ronb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.